• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holy Sh**...What Am I Going to Do!!

In summary, someone stole $250 worth of product from Darby, who does not know anyone in her new neighborhood well enough to ask them to get the product for her.
Jennie4PC said:
Darby,
I am so sorry this happened to you. I am sure that your customers would totally understand what happened with the packages and you will not lose anyone as a customer

I hope not. I hope thay understand that this was just a HUGE unfortunate accident and I am doing my best to make things ok. I dont want them to see PC in any bad light.

The Bridal Fair isn't until next weekend.... and I am driving 3 hours down their the night before...... ya know I just looked at my DH of two months and said hey honey want to go to Lincoln City .... he said book the room.. we went their for our Honeymoon.

It's amazing what we do for each other.

thechefofnorthbend said:
I'd love too. I think Lincoln City is 3 hrs above me and we have only one car right now, and I am working an even tomorrow otherwise I'd be up there in a heartbeat kissing your faces!! LOL

You all are quite extraordinary, you know that?

jasonmva said:
I guess HO's definition of confirmed delivery is very different from mine then. I would think confirmed means something was signed by the recipient. Who cares you you and your FedEx guy had an arrangement of where to leave the packages. Plain and simple, you cannot confirm the delivery because you did not sign for it.

Am I going to far as to say maybe an attorney should get involved? I don't think PC would want to hear from them. Or, if you wanted, you can report this to the BBB for a very poor business practice.

Is anyone else rethinking this whole consultant thing now?

YIKES! Attorney? Reports to BBB? Quitting PC? Let's take a deep breath and step back. How many shipments leave the HO on a daily basis? Thousands. Even though this is a terrible situation, it is an isolated incident. I've been with PC for over 8 years, quite honestly, this is the FIRST time I've heard of this happening.

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? It was about the new book and DVD called The Secret. One of the things that really struck me was about not dwelling on the negatives in our lives. Look at the situation or crisis and ask yourself, "What is this trying to teach me?" Accept the lesson and move on. Negative energy attracts negative energy.

Darby (and all of us) are learning a lesson regarding this shipment. But we have also learned another lesson....the world (or at least the chefsuccess world!) is full of good people that will support you and care about you.

Let's focus on the good that is coming out of this and release the bad :)

My two cents...

Oops my badLeah,

I know the bridal fair is the 17th! I'm going to Portland for the State Cheerleading Comp on the 10th. I knew I was not going to be home on Saturday. My schedule is so full for the weekends this month I don't know where I'm going....

Darby,

I'll still come down on Sunday. You can come see us on the 17th if you want!

Theresia Aylward
Independent Consultant
Depoe Bay on the Beautiful Central Oregon Coast

Its tax season for my family.... we own and opereate Four H&R Block francheises (yes taxes are my day job) .... I have not a clue what I am doing right now...... I haven't slept in two days.... too much work and homework.... agggg I need a vacation....

Tree said:
Leah,

I know the bridal fair is the 17th! I'm going to Portland for the State Cheerleading Comp on the 10th. I knew I was not going to be home on Saturday. My schedule is so full for the weekends this month I don't know where I'm going....

Darby,

I'll still come down on Sunday. You can come see us on the 17th if you want!

Theresia Aylward
Independent Consultant

I would LOVE to see you, but my DD has a swim meet in Brookings this weekend and I will be working the event on Sat, so I am staying until Sunday night. I sure am planning that trip up to the fair on the 17th, though. I cannot wait to meet you both!!!

You pick the date
thechefofnorthbend said:
I would LOVE to see you, but my DD has a swim meet in Brookings this weekend and I will be working the event on Sat, so I am staying until Sunday night. I sure am planning that trip up to the fair on the 17th, though. I cannot wait to meet you both!!!

I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off from work. I work Nights:eek: So you choose the day.

Theresia Aylward
Independent Consultant

We should pick an night ad all three of us meet up for dinner.. on the night that Tree doesn't work nights...

[=thechefofnorthbend]I would LOVE to see you, but my DD has a swim meet in Brookings this weekend and I will be working the event on Sat, so I am staying until Sunday night. I sure am planning that trip up to the fair on the 17th, though. I cannot wait to meet you both!!![/QUOTE]

I am sorry this happened and I agree with Lisa this isn't a reason to go to the extreme of an attorney (I know that would cost more than $$$$ lost in shipment).
Contacting BBB??? The goods were delivered & unfortunately someone without a conscience thought the box was fair game (do you have a loose BIG dog in your area??? We have a neighbor whose lab drags off everything (doormats, kids toys, flats of half planted flowers etc) She always has to post an email if you are missing a ..... I'll send Sugar back to return it.
I do not agree with HO not replacing it but, they did offer a discount
Don't give up !! I think you will get a reimbursement & letter of apology after it gets to Marla.
They aren't out to sabotage us, we in the Field are PC!! Without us there wouldn't be a business & they know that I think it just hasn't got to the right person yet!!
Teresa

GeorgiaPeach said:
Accept the lesson and move on. Negative energy attracts negative energy.

But where is the support of OUR HO?!? Not only for Darby's situation but the many times consultants had to fight with HO because we did what we were suppose to and THEY screwed up. When will they learn THEIR lesson?

And I think it is more frustration than negatiev energy. We in the field keep this business going so we should have support. Not have a he said/she said this is our definition battle. IMHO HO should have done more than offer a discount.

You are so right on with that one Jason!! :)

jasonmva said:
But where is the support of OUR HO?!? Not only for Darby's situation but the many times consultants had to fight with HO because we did what we were suppose to and THEY screwed up. When will they learn THEIR lesson?

And I think it is more frustration than negatiev energy. We in the field keep this business going so we should have support. Not have a he said/she said this is our definition battle. IMHO HO should have done more than offer a discount.

Phew... What a thread! I am absolutely appalled about this. It could happen to any one of us and we'd all be up the creek. And you know what really fries my eggs?! The fact that I know people who have had problems who called the home office and got items replaced for FREE without a RECEIPT!!! I have had items that I never received and did a Prod Adj and had no questions asked. I would do one to the Host. How can PC besides abandoning a consultant, disappoint and host and this many customers. The can't replace a bona fide show?! I'm sorry $600 to PC is A LOT less than $600 to us. To quote my friend John, "You can tell Doris isn't in charge anymore."

Look for my donation as well!

Last edited:
britishchef said:
So can I ask, why couldn't you re-enter it as a show so that you could use some of the FPV to replace products
That's EXACTY what I would do and then write it off. There's no reason why you should have to pay for the FPV.

Hey Darby....Just sent my contribution! Keep us updated!

jasonmva said:

Jason - you have to realize that most of us don't come to the board and gush about every fabulous thing HO does for us. That being said, this specific instance IS a huge problem that should not have happened.

AJPratt said:
Phew... What a thread! I am absolutely appalled about this. It could happen to any one of us and we'd all be up the creek. And you know what really fries my eggs?! The fact that I know people who have had problems who called the home office and got items replaced for FREE without a RECEIPT!!! I have had items that I never received and did a Prod Adj and had no questions asked. I would do one to the Host. How can PC besides abandoning a consultant, disappoint and host and this many customers. The can't replace a bona fide show?! I'm sorry $600 to PC is A LOT less than $600 to us. To quote John (Pampered1224), "You can tell Doris isn't in charge anymore."

Look for my donation as well!

I agree....it irks me that Darby could have gotten a complete product adjustment if she didn't tell the 100% truth....if she didn't mention that he left a note, she could have said that it showed as delivered on the internet....and voila, she would have been able to get a product adjustment for free? That is silly...

You should email Doris and every executive at Home Office... Bcc it to yourself at the same time to have proof you sent it....This should never have happened!!!! I know that Doris isnt running the company but she would never have let that happen when she was and she might do something about it....Also send it to both Doris and Marla's ex assistant's. You all know the office dosen't really run without the "secretary".....

It is really nice to see everyone concerned and acting on that concern. Way to go!!!

PC is a great company to work with. There are always going to be issues that arise and need correction. I agree that we need to remain positive, the question now is how can PC, FedEx and the consultants try to prevent this from happening again. Instead of being argry we should try to come up with some solutions.

Darby, I'm not positive but you may be able to write this order off on your 2007 taxes. Plus your double pionts and the encouraging support of all here, does'nt like you made out too bad. Chin up.

Darby - Count me in for contribution. And you are not a stranger you are family, a sister. And look at the help as family helping family. It seems HO is less personal this year and more big business. I know there was a change in shipping vendor, but not policy. Last year I had a host that did not receive her show order, when I checked on it UPS showed it as delivered I called HO and told them the host said she did not receive the products they filed a claim with UPS. UPS had someone call her house, her DH told them yes we received a package (the host also sells partylite). To make a long story short there was no signiture and the driver said he left it on the doorstep, so HO replaced the whole order (I did have them send the replacement order to me, so that I knew she got the order this time). If we are now responsible for the porducts left on doorsteps I may even have to rethink how I do business. I live across the street from a High School and I am on a busy street anything could happen to my orders. I wonder would it benifit all of us, in the long run to e-mail the HO and ask for clarification and to show we know there is a problem and how many of us are aware of the situation.

Cindy Munesato
Future Director
Wave 2

I stayed up late last night and typed out my letter to the masses...lol. Got up early this morning and headed out to the post office and sent them off, certified, receipt request, signature required, insured. It is now in God's hands.

I want to extend my absolute gratitude to all of you. I submitted my order last night, all $368.84 of it. With your gracious help, $135.00 of it was directly from you! WOW!!!

I am making no plans for the next 2-3 weeks in preperation that I am home to receive the package and yes, I have required a signature for all my deliveries now. If I am not home, they are not left and he will need to try again the next day. Better safe then sorry, I say.

Ok, off to my weekend of fun at the swim meet. I will have my laptop, so i will check with you all often. Wish my DD luck, its her first real competition and she's a bit nervous.

Darb :p

do I send the moolah to the email displayed?

SillyChef said:
do I send the moolah to the email displayed?
Yes. That's her paypal acct.

I hope this is just a misunderstandingI have been selling with PC for over 8 years and this is not at all like Pampered Chef. I go out of town a lot. If I had an agreement with my FedEx guy to put the boxes where no one could see it and then he left a note on my front door where any random guy knocking or doors could read it then he is responsible. But, Pampered Chef wants the guest happy and I am sure they would send it out ASAP and have FedEx investigate the problem. This has happened to me with UPS.

I am used to calling for my downline about issues. I called Pampered Chef for myself because I was concerned and wanted to know if we were going to be held responsible for all lost or stolen shows. I know I couldn't afford it if that happened to me!

I ended up talking about my concern because I heard this had happened to someone else. When they asked who, I gave them the information from the Chef Success signature. They only had the initial phone call with no other responses. There was nothing about her director(S) calling, the 20% discount or anything. In fact, Donika is going to look into the whole thing for you. It could be that somehow all the other calls were not entered in the computer (or who knows maybe instead of forwarding the info it was deleted) ...but everytime we call PC it is usually saved and documented for future references.

I hope this is all a huge misunderstanding.

Darby, you need to call Consultant and Director services (choice 3), not the solution center. This is not your fault. It could be the delivery guy had it confused with a previous delivery. Also check your front door because you should have had a show delivered last night. Let's hope! If you already sent the show in you really need to call so you are not paying special shipping.

I never did get an answer to my original question. When I said the guest are paying for delivery and it should be secure, Donika agreed.

We do need to stand up for ourselves and have our voices heard. We can make a difference. A fellow director has made huge policy changes for directors that repromote. I am proud of all the work she did. Let's give it a few days before anyone jumps boat. I am sure Pampered Chef will take care of their sales force like they always do.

Last edited:
I agree with Elaine. We tend to get ourselves all worked up before all the dust has had time to settle.

I'm glad someone else called the HO and asked about this. I was concerned too about what this policy means for our hosts and consultants. If this is their new policy then we all need to be very careful about watching for delivery of shows. I say "new policy" because in over 8 years with PC I have NEVER heard of them taking this kind of stand. I've actually thought in the past that they are WAY too trusting. I've never had the experience of them being nasty and taking a "sorry about your luck" attitude.

Darby, I would also encourage you to call Field Services and speak to someone other than customer service. I assume you've kept the names of who you've spoken to at HO about this. Name names and get some answers.

Elaine - I LOVE Donika! She is so awesome and truly cares about how PC is viewed by the public. I can't believe I didn't think to have Darby call her!

It was complete luck that I was transferred to her.

The only bad thing about weekends is having to wait for the HO to open up on Monday:)

Darby,
I sent you some money yesterday via PayPal. Hang in there!
Suzy in Texas

Chefgirl2 said:
Darby, you need to call Consultant and Director services (choice 3), not the solution center. This is not your fault. It could be the delivery guy had it confused with a previous delivery. Also check your front door because you should have had a show delivered last night. Let's hope! If you already sent the show in you really need to call so you are not paying special shipping.
Oh, I hope you are right!!! This gives me some hope. Darby, please let us know the results of this. Even if someone stole the shipment, how can PC let its customers down like that.

BethCooks4U said:
Hmmm.. I had a package left at a hosts house by UPS and the host claimed it never was there. HO and UPS investigated it and the records showed it was delivered. HO did reship the product (it was the host only bowls we had a while ago) but insisted that it go to a different address (understandably). But they DID send it.

Call HO AGAIN and ask for a supervisor. Or ask your upline to call about it. I can't believe they are saying "too bad so sad"!:eek:

I agree, this just doesn't sound right

I had a guest at a show claim that she never got the item that the consultant left on her doorstep

PC sent a new one out to her right away.

I know that it's the weekend, so HO is closed, but I'm anxious to hear that they're willing to make it right for you, Darby.

jenniferknapp said:
It would be impossible for me to get any of my packages, I live alone and work F/T...

I agree. Heaven forbid they start requiring signatures for deliveries.:eek:

Sorry for your trouble. I would call FedEx and HO again to try and get this resolved.

It saddens me to see a couple consultants get on the "PC is mistreating us" bandwagon... this is SERIOUSLY an isolated incident. Most of us "vets" have NEVER heard of such a thing before, and are truly shocked that HO would say that there's nothing they can do. Most of us lament on and on at our shows about how incredible our customer service is - because it's true. We can stand up and say "Oh, they'll help us - no problem!" with 100% confidence - because its true.

The Home Office is known for going above and beyond the call of duty for us in the field, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will make this right. It is taking longer than it should, yes. But I know they will get it done.

PC is not a company that lets it's consultants hang out to dry. Let's not jump on the "Doris isn't in charge" thing... she is in charge. There's not much that goes on without Doris' approval. The financial backbone and investment strategies is not all Doris anymore, but the ethics and the integrity ARE.

Just like one bad apple of a consultant doesn't make us all bad... one bad apple of a situation with the HO, doesnt make the HO as a whole bad.

Stay positive people. ;)

Darby,

I just sent fund via paypal to contribute to the fund. I know it's not much, but I hope it helps.

re:
Pampered Laura said:
It saddens me to see a couple consultants get on the "PC is mistreating us" bandwagon... this is SERIOUSLY an isolated incident. Most of us "vets" have NEVER heard of such a thing before, and are truly shocked that HO would say that there's nothing they can do. Most of us lament on and on at our shows about how incredible our customer service is - because it's true. We can stand up and say "Oh, they'll help us - no problem!" with 100% confidence - because its true.

The Home Office is known for going above and beyond the call of duty for us in the field, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will make this right. It is taking longer than it should, yes. But I know they will get it done.

PC is not a company that lets it's consultants hang out to dry. Let's not jump on the "Doris isn't in charge" thing... she is in charge. There's not much that goes on without Doris' approval. The financial backbone and investment strategies is not all Doris anymore, but the ethics and the integrity ARE.

Just like one bad apple of a consultant doesn't make us all bad... one bad apple of a situation with the HO, doesnt make the HO as a whole bad.

Stay positive people. ;)

I totally agree, I also make it a point to mention to the Solution Center or customer service how helpful they've always been and wish them a great day too. I grew up in a family business and dealt with the public daily which is definately trying to say the least. I KNOW SO MANY POINT OUT MANY NEGATIVES WITHOUT THROWING A POSITIVE IN EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. I was so worried about my trifle bowl from what I read on here and luckily my trifle bowl was fine. FED EX has delivered most times more than a week ahead of time too. People just seem to be resistant to change and if the consultants on up don't give it a chance then how are we supposed to expect our customers to do so.

I do feel for Darby and wish to help out, as I bet if our regulars just donated what they could even $ 1.00 it sure is more than she started with too :)

Liz

Pampered Laura said:

Stay positive people. ;)

Well all i have to say is they better help her out ! I know if it were me who got a $380.00 show stolen from my door step and basically was told oh well by HO, i would be ripped !!!!!!!
I really hope you get some where with HO today !

I want you all to know that you have been a Godsend. Thank you so much.

I am taking someone's advice from here (sorry I do not recall a name) and calling Consultant and Director services this morning and laying out my situation again. I am sure that HO is doing all that they can to see that this is fixed.

I DO NOT want to come across as bitter towards HO or FedEx. Things happen. It was HORRIBLE thing that happened, but as it is said "what does not kill us, makes us stronger". I am being at my upmost possitve. I KNOW that this will have a happy resolution, it just takes time to weed thriugh the bad to see the blessing inside, you know?

I will keep you all posted on how it turns out. Fingers crossed...(toes, eyes, everything!)

Hey, I called HO to double check on our responsiblity. Here is what I was told.

Pampered Chef has guidelines in place to address situations like this involving missing shipments. The company works with the carrier. When there is any misplaced show they have procedures in place to resolve the situation that protects against theft and prevent fraud.

Once again Darby, give them a call. I am sure they will be happy to to start the procedure for you.

Pampered Chef has been in business too long for something like this to happen. I want all consultants to understand that Pampered Chef always takes care of it's workers. So, everyone, please make them completely aware of any situations immediately. We do not have to do the tracing. UPS (when we had them) and FedEx do the legwork. Hope this helps:)

Last edited:
Pampered Laura said:

Stay positive people. ;)

I think when you are used to dealing with a company like this that constantly performs at a certain level, that when that level dips, it becomes glaringly obvious. I still think this is an amazing company, I am just shocked at how this particular incident is being handled. I am hoping that the only reason this is a problem because there are so many new people working at HO, one hand just doesn't know what the other does yet. As I mentioned before, it concerns me because this can happen to any of us, especially me because I work 9 to 5. I am taking a particular interest because I want to make sure there is something I can do if this happens to me.

And, since I put the "Doris isn't in charge" comment out there, I wanted to say that I personally have seen some things with this company dip and I do feel it has something to do with Doris not personally overseeing everything. I cannot say enough that I love this company and I feel fortunate that i found it. But, let's face it-- no one is going to run your company with the care you do. I think there are many great people working for PC, probably the best in the world, but it is just lacking that personal touch from Doris.

Last edited:
We have a company that supports us 100%. Don't be concerned. I am pretty sure that the new people at home office are well trained before they answer the phone. HO looks into everything and records everything. We are very blessed to be working for such an amazing company!

I think it sucks that this happened....But I also agree with what PamperedLaura said about the HO. Everytime I have had an issue it has been resolved. ONE time a lady was rude and so I just took it with a grain of salt. Granted this is in no way shape or form the same situation and I want to commend you for the grace in which you have been handling the situation. Lord only knows If I would be handling it as well!! I think PC should resolve this issue, and I think they should take their loss out of Fed Ex.....just my humble opinion. And I have nothing against Fed Ex either just makes sense to me is all. I know my opinion in no way helps but just wanted to share it none the less.

Hallelujah! We have resolution!!!I called HO this morning at 8am my time 10 their time and called the Consultant and Director services. I told of my circumstance to a nice young man who said he would have to take my information and pass this on to a supervisor. I told him nicely, that I would wait...on hold. This must have taken him aback, as he placed me on hold and a very nice lady came on the line, asked me for my consultants # and looked up ALL my calls, ALL the notes and asked me if I mind holding on the line or could she call me back shortly. I told her also, I would just wait. I was on hold for a good 20 minutes when she came back, apologized perfusly for the trouble and inconvience I had been put through and told me that they would more then gladly reship the show items to me since this was obviusly out of my and FedEx's hands. They do not want any bad blood between us consultants, the HO and our shipping carrier. I explained that I had already placed another individual order to replace these items, and yes, I did mention that I got a little bit of help from my friends, to see that this was made right in the customers eyes. She said how admired that she was to see that a group of you came forth to help a sister out in need and extended her utmost gratitude to you all. I now have a refund of the second order placed (my individual order) coming my way and a new shipment coming out and should be here with me by weeks end! I AM DANCING A JIG!!!

Thank you all for your faith, and support, and advice, and help, and everything you all did!! I will never forget this. I feel that I should return all your offerings, once the refund is in my account. They served a purpose, but God has seen to it that this be taken care of the correct way!!

I am so HAPPY!!!! :D

YEAH! Glad to see they came through - don't hurt yourself dancing that jig!!!!

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! Thanks for sharing, and for giving us the opportunity to be "part of the solution" early on.Ann

Praise God! I am so glad that "the powers that be" finally saw the light! Good for you for sticking with this until the matter was resolved in the manner it should have been!

Caught me just before I left to put my check in the mail. So glad everything has worked out. I truly believed this would be happily resolved.

Wha-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dance away, sister.....We're dancing with you!!!

Woo hoo! I am so happy!

It's a shame though that you had to go through SO MUCH grief before you got the resolution that you deserved! Hopefully this will be a training issue that HO takes up in the very near future,.

Thanks also to the Elaine (Chefgirl2) who posted where to take this too!

WAHOOO!! I wish this didn't cause you so many days of upset, but I am happy that it finally worked out :)

pamperedlinda said:
It's a shame though that you had to go through SO MUCH grief before you got the resolution that you deserved!

Guess we were typing at the same time!;)

<h2>1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?</h2><p>Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.</p><h2>2. What should I do if my package is stolen?</h2><p>If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.</p><h2>3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?</h2><p>To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.</p><h2>4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?</h2><p>If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.</p><h2>5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?</h2><p>To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.</p>

1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?

Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.

2. What should I do if my package is stolen?

If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.

4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?

If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.

5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?

To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MLC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AudraKYPCLady
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • LisaJG