• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holy Sh**...What Am I Going to Do!!

In summary, someone stole $250 worth of product from Darby, who does not know anyone in her new neighborhood well enough to ask them to get the product for her.
thechefofnorthbend
Sorry about the thread name but I am so Pi**ed off right now I could scream (which by the way, I have...):mad:
Here we go....

I have been gone from home for about 3 days (doing everything on my laptop). I was expecting a shipment (order) yesterday, and was not really worried about it because I have already gotten a package from FedEx when I was not home and we, me and the driver, established that he would place it _______ so I could get it when I got back. WELL...I get in this morning and...NO PACKAGE. Of course I remembered that he would have put it in our "place" and went to check there. Nope, nothing. So I check my tracking# and it shows it was delivered to me yesterday about 1:00. Well, I'm about freaking out now and run back outside and check again...well low and behold, it was delivered. Only reason I know this is because FedEx guy, left me a note saying "here is your shipment, just where we decided it should go...", and it was lying under the lawnchair where we said to place it. Please understand that this little area is behind a small gated part of my garden that he has to track around the back of my house to get to. Well, I immediatly get on the phone to FedEx to confirm that he was there yesterday, and yep, he was, They gave me his cell #, I called him and he said he was there about 1:45 and described to a tee the place where he left it. SO SOMEONE STOLE IT!!! :eek: Someone had to see the truck parked in my driveway and waited for him to leave and then went and got it! I am so angry!! So I call HO explain this whole thing, give names of people I talked to at FedEx and you know what they said..."sorry, we cant be held responsible items dropped off unattended..." WHAT???!!!??? So now what? That was almost $250.00 worth of product that I now have to be responsible for? It just makes me sick...:(

And I know...the gate should have been locked, but then FedEx guy could not have left the boxes, and I wasnt going to have them just sitting on my front door step, and I dont know anyone in my neighborhood well enough yet (just moved a few months ago) to have them get them for me...

OMGoodness! I do not know what to do about a situation like this. Can you file a claim with Fedex? PC is the one who has to give FE permission to deliver and drop off packages is my understanding. You would think there would be something to do in this case b/c you know you are not the only one this has eve happen to They should have a plan of action set up in case this happens.

Oh no!! I am so sorry :( Let us know any updates...

Darby all I can do is say that I'm sorry. I know, big help huh. You would think that it would have some sort of insurance on it. What keeps the Fed Ex from saying (other than an honest sole) hey I delivered it...left a note but he kept it instead? (I know it is a stretch but it could happen). You don't really know for sure if it was delivered so why can't you claim it wasn't? I would definitely do a little more digging. Valky

I'm sorry sweetie! Does PC insure the packages at all? I would keep calling until you get a response from someone!!

I am sorry this has happened to you. This is why I think PC should have signature required when delivering any of our stuff. I know for those of us who work f/t it would be somewhat of a hassle but it would have that extra confirmation

yummy4tummy said:
Darby all I can do is say that I'm sorry. I know, big help huh. You would think that it would have some sort of insurance on it. What keeps the Fed Ex from saying (other than an honest sole) hey I delivered it...left a note but he kept it instead? (I know it is a stretch but it could happen). You don't really know for sure if it was delivered so why can't you claim it wasn't? I would definitely do a little more digging. Valky

I would really hate to think that this driver, who is the normal FedEx guy for me (other packages as well), would go out of his way to make it look legite, just to find out he riped me off. I have had other things delivered and not stollen.

Ohhh..... {{{hugs}}} I know that doesn't help get your stuff, but I hope it helps you feel better that we all are mad with you.

There has got to be some sort of coverage that FedEx or HO has to cover losses like this. Especially when it's specified by the shipper (HO) that no signature is required.

jasonmva said:
I am sorry this has happened to you. This is why I think PC should have signature required when delivering any of our stuff. I know for those of us who work f/t it would be somewhat of a hassle but it would have that extra confirmation

It would be impossible for me to get any of my packages, I live alone and work F/T...

That is awful! That is so scary to me since my FedEx driver NEVER even rings the doorbell. He just drops the packages on my front porch and leaves. Once, my garage door was open so he left them by the door leading to my house, but still he never even knocked to announce there was a delivery. So much for not leaving packages unattended.

Was it a show or samples or supplies?

cmdtrgd said:
Was it a show or samples or supplies?

It was a show order from 01/31 and I had it sent here so I wouldnt have to...get this...deal with people complaining that "they didnt get their stuff.."

Does anyone know if the packages are insured by PC? I keep calling but I get the "we'll put you in our cue and call you in 2 hrs" recording. I dont want to wait that long!

Imagine, crooks could follow Fed Ex trucks around all day picking up the packages they leave. Who knows what they could get...

get this...Just got off the phone again with HO and was told that "because I left a note with the FedEx delivery driver (which I didnt, we had established a place, and he left ME the note) it is a FedEx problem. Once it leaves the wherehouse for delivery, HO is no longer responsible". UUUGGGHHH!!!! She even said "next time make arrangements for it to go to an alternate address, then you wont have this sort of problem" Thanks for the sympathetic ear you stupid &%^$#!!!! Sorry...I'm just mad and sad all at the same time...

I would really hate to think that this driver, who is the normal FedEx guy for me (other packages as well), would go out of his way to make it look legite, just to find out he riped me off.

Darby, I was using that as an example. I was in no way implying (not intentionally) that your delivery guy set it up. I was just saying that there has to be some sort of assurance/insurance somewhere. Put Inspector Gillian "Columbo" on the case. Sorry to make light of it ...just trying to cheer you up. I am sure that HO or someone will come around. Valky

Last edited:
Here's what the Fed Ex tag says:

Fed Ex reserves the right to require a signature when it deems the delivery location to be nonsecure.

(there is a box to check) A signature is required to leave packages.
Leave this signed form on your door and we'll leave your packages. By my signature, I am requesting that FedEx leave the shipment at this address. I agree that FedEx will not be liable for any loss or damage that results from leaving this shipment as I have requested.

I think that he should have had you sign this form and he could keep it on file. Otherwise, I think Fed Ex is responsible.

Oh man! This would make me nuts!!!

Since it was on your property do you think it would be covered by homeowners Ins?

Just an idea.....

Paige Dixon said:
Here's what the Fed Ex tag says:

Fed Ex reserves the right to require a signature when it deems the delivery location to be nonsecure.

(there is a box to check) A signature is required to leave packages.
Leave this signed form on your door and we'll leave your packages. By my signature, I am requesting that FedEx leave the shipment at this address. I agree that FedEx will not be liable for any loss or damage that results from leaving this shipment as I have requested.

I think that he should have had you sign this form and he could keep it on file. Otherwise, I think Fed Ex is responsible.

well, the minute I get another shipment, I will sign this in front of him (lets hope I'm home...) that way I will have a written proof of pacages being left. I have the nice note he left me. I wonder if I should send this to FedEx HO and ask their advice? I just dont want to call all the guests and the hostess and tell them...

Have you filed a police report yet? $250 worth of products is a lot to lose. Filing a claim might help if your insurance does cover it, esp. if FedEx and estabish/prove that the package was delivered like the driver said.

Hugs! I hope this gets worked out soon!

did you know...about the form that FedEx can have you sign? I called them and asked, and it is per address. So that means that if the prior owner signed it, it goes with this location. So, if want to know why packages are just being left unattended at your doorstep, call fedEx and see if you address has this "no signature required" form on file and ask it to be removed because you are new occupents. I didnt think about this because me and the driver verbaly decided what to do about this kind of situation.

amcclanaghan said:
Have you filed a police report yet? $250 worth of products is a lot to lose. Filing a claim might help if your insurance does cover it, esp. if FedEx and estabish/prove that the package was delivered like the driver said.

Hugs! I hope this gets worked out soon!

I am in the process of filing a claim with the police, fedEx and I am writting a detailed letter to PC!!

thechefofnorthbend said:
about the form that FedEx can have you sign? I called them and asked, and it is per address. So that means that if the prior owner signed it, it goes with this location. So, if want to know why packages are just being left unattended at your doorstep, call fedEx and see if you address has this "no signature required" form on file and ask it to be removed because you are new occupents. I didnt think about this because me and the driver verbaly decided what to do about this kind of situation.

PC and FedEx have an agreement though that we don't need to sign for it...so unless you call fedex and ask them to turn it on, I think we automatically don't need to sign..

That's a bunch of crap! I hope it gets resolved...

jenniferknapp said:
PC and FedEx have an agreement though that we don't need to sign for it...so unless you call fedex and ask them to turn it on, I think we automatically don't need to sign..

True, but not every PC consultant has lived in the same house for years, so because they are a new carrier for our company, the rules fall upon the residence, not the resident.

SilverCeladon said:
That's a bunch of crap! I hope it gets resolved...

You and me both...:(

Darby I feel your pain all the way in NH!!!!!!!! I sure hope someone owns up to it real soon! This is not good at all. I hope your local police takes this seriously too! Ask to speak to the solution center manager too about this.

Oh, Darby, I'm so sorry. I can only begin to imagine what I'd be like if this happened to me. Please let us know how things get resolved. Now close your eyes and imagine receiving a big hug. That's from me.

Any news yet Darby? Are you getting anywhere with anyone??

Its a nightmare. FedEx claims, because it was delivered, and I have a note from my driver stating that he left the package at my home, it is not their responsibility. The driver electronically sends notice that each package is dropped off and that is their verification. HO says because it was delivered and once the package leaves the wherehouse, it is not their responsibility. So now, I get to sit and wait for my homeowners ins to decide if it is a covered loss. They are not quite sure how my insurance would cover this. :(

That is horrible, Darby! I am at a loss of words! I sure hope someone will step up to the plate for you.

If your homeowner's policy does cover it you get to buy $250 in double points month! Silver lining Darby, silver lining...

You think HO would take some responsibility. Jennifer is right if PC has a signature release automatic in their system, then it doesn't matter what the address is set to. I just had an item stolen this week being shipped to a customer that was left and we considered it a lost and reshipped to them. PC may also have on their FedEx account that they will not file claims in exchange for lower rates for shipping...but if that is the case, they should step up for their customers (consultants).

Sorry to hear this Darby and very disturbing for us consultants, if it were to happen again to any of us!

I hope it turns up for you or you get it worked out soon!

Be careful of you HO policy. If you have a $500 or $1000 deductible, then your $250 order is under that. Then you now have a "claim" on your policy and some carriers love to have an excuse to cancel you.

janetupnorth said:
You think HO would take some responsibility. Jennifer is right if PC has a signature release automatic in their system, then it doesn't matter what the address is set to. I just had an item stolen this week being shipped to a customer that was left and we considered it a lost and reshipped to them. PC may also have on their FedEx account that they will not file claims in exchange for lower rates for shipping...but if that is the case, they should step up for their customers (consultants).

You would think. I have called back 3 times and get the same response "...nothing we can do, its a FedEx claim now..." and the song and dance from FedEx "...It was delivered to you, contact your local authorities..."

I have called a few of the guests, and surprisingly, they are compassionate. I have let them know to contact their banks and to stop the payment and that we can do this all over again and submit for this next week, and try again, or have each order shipped directly to their homes and I WILL PAY THE SHIPPING, the least I can do as I feel just absolutly horrible for this. I cant blame FedEx and I really cant blame HO, but I will say that HO needs to change their policy about this. They need to have somekind of support for this kind of incidence. I have the proof that it was delivered, why cant they just write the damn order off as a loss and send me a new shipment????

That is so terrible. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Darby...have you asked any of your neighbors if they saw anything? It is a good way to meet them and maybe "fish around" to see if they have any PC evidence...just a thought. Valky

JackieBozeman said:
Be careful of you HO policy. If you have a $500 or $1000 deductible, then your $250 order is under that. Then you now have a "claim" on your policy and some carriers love to have an excuse to cancel you.

Yes I know. We do, ($1,000) and that is why I WILL NOT file with my Home Owners Ins as a loss. It will raise my rate and put a flag on my account.

Sorry to hear this happened....I was just wondering, what if this happened to one of our hosts? Would they be responsible? Would it be a different situation? Just curious.

yummy4tummy said:
Darby...have you asked any of your neighbors if they saw anything? It is a good way to meet them and maybe "fish around" to see if they have any PC evidence...just a thought. Valky

I did this morning. I have 3 direct neighbors. And 2 that are about a block and a 1/2 away (real rural area). So far no one saw anything, although the nice OLD man who lives across from me said he saw the FedEx truck, only because he had a delivery too at the same time. The FE guy went to my house first.

I think PC is handling this really badly. When I worked for the precious metal refinery *I* did all the legwork for customers, working with FedEx/UPS if a package was stolen, let me tell you if the package stated signature required (and I don't know if it did), and they left it without written consent from you they ARE liable. Now as you said they could have written consent from the previous owner. But PC should have insurance on packages, we always had private insurance and if no signature was obtained by the FedEx driver and the customer reported it missing we replaced it and claimed on our insurance. It just seems terrible that PC won't work with you at all.

What if....What if this were a $1000 show delivered to a host? Can you imagine how terrible PC would look in their eyes if they were told "Sorry about your luck"? I'm not liking the answers you are getting. I've always been very impressed with our HO and how they give so many people the benefit of the doubt.

I accidentally put the wrong house number on a show and it was delivered to a house down the street from my host. It was CLEARLY my fault. The host went to the neighbor and they denied receiving the boxes. I called the home office and explained the whole thing. I was sick to my stomach wondering how I was going to come up with $500 to replace the show. HO re-sent the entire show to the correct address without charging me.

I suggest contacting your director and have them help you try to contact someone else at the HO. I don't remember their titles but I think we still have a HO person assigned to each area of the country or assigned to every executive director. I think they were called our HO Sales Directors. Many upline directors (AD's and above) have a HO connection. Jan Capenegro (oops that is SO misspelled!) knows my director by name so find someone that has that kind of connection and see if they can help.

I agree with contact your director and try to get someone other than general customer service at the Home Office. I have a hard time believing the "hands off" policy.

Because I verbaly had an agreement with my FedEx driver, FedEx feels that it not their responsibility, even though I have a hand written note from the driver, with his name and #, stating he left the packages where we designated.

PC HO says that once it leaves their wherehouse for shipment, it is no longer the responsibility of PC. FedEx needs to handle the fact that the delivery was not made (when in actuality is was). They will not replace my items, because I have verification of delivery.

So that tells me that the only way I would ever beable to recoup a loss like this is if the FedEx driver is hijacked and his truck is stollen and my stuff was on it. THEN it does not count as delivered.

I added this up, the show total was $673.54. Some of the show orders were sent out of state. the orders coming local (to me) I had shipped to my address to make sure that "nothing went missing and everyone gets their items". Now I look like an ass. The 2 boxes being shipped to me were worth $352.84 and I have to explain to these guests that I cannot get their money back, I cannot get their items back, and that I am truly sorry for the major inconvience. Do you have any idea how this makes me feel? Look? I know I am going to lose allot of customers from this and I cant change a damn thing because no one is taking responsibility but ME, and I am the VICTUM here!!!

Darby, Don't give up yet! I really encourage you to find a HO contact that is NOT customer service. It just seems that there should be another answer other than what you are being given.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your director but I would call her and ask for her help.

Hmmm.. I had a package left at a hosts house by UPS and the host claimed it never was there. HO and UPS investigated it and the records showed it was delivered. HO did reship the product (it was the host only bowls we had a while ago) but insisted that it go to a different address (understandably). But they DID send it.

Call HO AGAIN and ask for a supervisor. Or ask your upline to call about it. I can't believe they are saying "too bad so sad"!:eek:

Darby, everyone is right, speak to your director tonight and have her help you. This is not right and not good for PC either. They need to come through for you and the customers. Yes, FedEx said they delivered but where did it go? It's not like you are making this up. You need to speak to someone who has rank in PC. Good luck! All of us are with you!

Ok, left a message for my director to call me back. Lets hope she can pull some weight and get some better answers.

Thanks for all the support and advice. :)

Keep us posted, Darby!

I wouldn't talk with anyone in customer service @ H.O. I would speak to a manager - someone who can make decisions, not just follow "protocol". Gotta realize customer service people are usually underpaid and not in it for a career, they just tell you whatever gets you off the phone fastest. Talk with some one who has the power to make the real decisions regarding this. I agree, this can't be the first time this has happened.

<h2>1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?</h2><p>Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.</p><h2>2. What should I do if my package is stolen?</h2><p>If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.</p><h2>3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?</h2><p>To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.</p><h2>4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?</h2><p>If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.</p><h2>5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?</h2><p>To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.</p>

1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?

Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.

2. What should I do if my package is stolen?

If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.

4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?

If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.

5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?

To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MLC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AudraKYPCLady
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • LisaJG