• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Shipping Fiasco: Host's Package Delayed and Not Delivered on Time

In summary, the original estimate ship date for the guest's Christmas gift was today, but it took over 1 1/2 days for the package to be picked up by FedEx and now it's in Indiana. The guest needed the gift by Christmas Eve, but it is not expected to be delivered until tomorrow.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I did an adjustment for a host on Tuesday. An item a guest wanted BY Christmas Eve was left out of the box. I was told on Tuesday they were sending it 2nd day air. Originally it said the estimate ship date was today. Today, the package is in Indiana!!! It took over 1 1/2 days for the package to be picked up by FedEx (finally yesterday at 8 p.m.!) and now it's in Indiana. I live 6 hours WEST of HO, not in Indiana. Now it's saying it will be delivered Christmas Eve which is not when I told them the guest needed it by! I had the rep promise me this would be here by Christmas Eve she said no problem since it was going 2nd day air. Now they are telling me that she should have sent it overnight! I'm so mad at this. I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back.

Sad part is the same host did her own adjustment from the show she booked from and it shipped regular FedEx the same day and is on the truck to be delivered today! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I had a problem yesterday about the shipping info being wrong - it said that it was delivered (85 minutes away) and it wasn't - it was on the truck to be delivered to my home yesterday

Call FedEx 800 462 3339 and ask them for more info on the tracking status

When you call say 'Track a Package' then say 'Speak to someone' that way you will get through right away.

I HATE FedEx's voice recognition!! It never understands what I say no matter how clear I try to say it. I'm going to wait to see if HO calls me back and then I'll call FedEx. I just don't want to disappoint this customer who needs this. We submitted the original show in time for Christmas Delivery (actually, in time for the whole show to arrive yesterday according to HO's timetable). Luckily it came early enough for us to try to get the product in time but not when this crap happens!

Can I gripe about Fed-Ex too???
I submitted 3 shows last week. All have been delivered thanks to speedy home office except one box that for some reason is floating all over PA this week!!! It of course would be the one that the hosts mother in law is waiting on to send out gifts that I of course assured her would be there in time. And they would have if Fedex hadn't lost this box!

At least your box is in the same state!

I did finally call back to speak with the supervisor who told me that she told the original rep to call me. I think they've been calling my home number. Come on people, there is two numbers on my profile, if you don't get me at one number, isn't that the reason why there is a secondary number? That's changed now, they only have my cell number to call me at. Anyway, they don't know what happened and are overnighting the product to my host.

Funny part, about an hour ago, the host called me to find out what happened. She got a box from FedEx and thought it was this adjustment and discovered it was the adjustment she did (they both shipped on the same day). She couldn't figure out why the other product arrived but not the one they 2 day aired! Maybe because it's in Indiana!

Which reminds me I need to call her back and let her know!

It may be in the same state however it is still not delivered. It said out for delivery this am, and now is saying delivery delayed rescheduled for next business day. This stinks, it shipped on the 16th! I already had to drive over the trivets I bought for gifts for a guest who needed them. I give up!

Guess what!! this package still hasn't been delivered!!! I have no idea why! and I don't think fed ex does either!

Amy - call HO still tonight and report the issues. They can do a tracer and/or reship it.

I forgot I posted this! Let's just say my situation did not get any better. I was back on the phone with HO Friday morning and most of the evening on Friday. Let's just say it's really irritating when they "transfer" you to a supervisor (I gave up talking with normal reps) only to get voicemail that they won't return. Then you have to call back and wait again! Veriy irritating. I do need to send an email about my experience, it was very unprofessional and not what PC should represent themselves as!

I emailed HO yesterday, it isn't their fault, however they need to know that when fed-ex messes up it is pretty royally! There still is no update on the package yet. Yesterday "they" said it was to be delivered today, I told the Customer service rep at fed-ex that I don't believe "them". He laughed, but said there wasn't much we could do!

My issue was from both sides!! FedEx and HO screwed up!

wadesgirl said:
My issue was from both sides!! FedEx and HO screwed up!

I just got off the phone with HO AGAIN! They are very bad when it comes to ordering off the PWS. At least 6 -7 times I have had overnight orders @ 35.00 a pop & get then in 2-3 days. Now I am waiting for 2 orders placed yesterday due to arrive tomorrow, that have not been shipped yet! I'll keep you posted. What we need to do is go over the supervisors heads because after a year of not fixing the problem, then someone else has to fix it. A few times they gave me back to 6.00 difference, but they dont seem to understand that when someone overnights they want it overnight! once they said I ordered it at 2:00PM, when I know I ordered at 6:00AM. If I dont get them tomorrow, it says I have to wait till Jan. 2nd:eek: HO just doesnt understand, people that pay big money for shipping want it when its due to arrive! So I know what you're going through, I just hope it gets cleared up right away....:(

My 2 day ship was actually 5 days by the time that they got it. When I finally talked someone at HO on Friday (after is shipped 2nd day on Tuesday) they told me that the first day didn't count because it was after the deadline. I understood that but if it shipped on Wednesday, two days would have been Friday! Duh! Then they overnighted it on Friday morning but I had to call back because it still hadn't shipped as of 5 p.m. and they told me that it was on 2 day air again! Um no! They told me they were overnighting it! I spent the whole evening back and forth with them because I wanted a supervisor to tell me that it was taken care of since I was out with my neices and wouldn't be home until after midnight.

I also called back later because I wanted an email address of someone above the supervisors to let them know how much of a headache it was and she couldn't even tell me that, I have to send an email to solution center with "send to customer service director" in the subject line. I haven't had a chance to email but I still plan on it, this is something that they need to be aware of since it took me several phone calls to get a $15 product shipped and is COSTING them in shipping since they had to ship it twice and want the original shipment back.

I totally understand & it is something to be taken care of, but after a year & still NO better, I'm starting to give up! I do ALOT of online shopping & when I pay alot to have something overnighted or 2 day I ALWAYS get it, I dont understand why HO cant get it....:(

I made the first lady promise me more than once that it would get here BY Christmas eve, nope, the original package was delivered at 2 p.m. Christmas Eve after my host already left for out of town. She also didn't tell me that day that it was past the deadline to go out that day but it was also sat on for over 18 hours before FedEx did anything with it. And took a quick trip through Indiana!

Check out the rant I didunder Chef's Lounge "I HATE FEDEX!"
Such a pain in the you know what so I feel for you!

I saw that one! I know that they were probably swamped/over worked around Christmas but they should be prepared knowing that the season was coming. I'm still trying to figure out how my box got to Indiana before coming this way!

Well when I called the UNsolution center earlier today, they promised my orders were to be shipped between 4-5....it is now 6:15 & they have not shipped yet.....:(

I have the nicest little FedEx man! He always brings a treat for my dogs and he always leaves the packages on my front porch which is very long and COVERED. However, the last two times I received something from PC they were both left at the side door at the kitchen...........no porch, no cover, out in the weather. One was a package of books I received for recruiting someone and the other was my mom's Christmas present. I saw the box out there one day but thought it was one I had received the week before and was throwing the box out with the trash. For some reason, I decided to pick it up and noticed it had never been opened. I don't think it was the same FedEx guy because he wouldn't leave it on the side. What would have happened if it had rained and ruined my books? My house has a front porch that runs the length of the house and the whole thing is covered. I don't know why they left those two packages on the side, out in the weather. Luckily it hadn't rained at the time.

Also, I placed a supply order on Dec 22 and it still says "receiving". Has anyone else ordered supplies around that time and hasn't received them. I need invitations for my Jan shows and I thought they would be here by now!

:grumpy: Ugh, you just reminded me I need to call back!!! My host called me last night to tell me she was back in town and what to do with the 2nd set of stuff. I called HO and the lady was supposed to call me back with the reference number and NEVER DID!! I am getting so irritated with this situation. Now I have to call back again. :mad: :grumpy:

pamperedcheermom said:
Also, I placed a supply order on Dec 22 and it still says "receiving". Has anyone else ordered supplies around that time and hasn't received them. I need invitations for my Jan shows and I thought they would be here by now!

I ordered my new consultant's kit on the 26th and at the top of the shipping status page it says "currently shipping show orders received through Dec. 21", so my guess is they're backlogged. Sigh... :( I was hoping my kit would be sent out pretty quickly...

Do they pack and ship orders on Saturdays or are they closed?

Probably people are on Christmas vacation, and they are running a skeleton crew in the warehouse this week. Also, I think new consultant kits ship differently than show orders, so I wouldn't go by what the shipping tracker says regarding shipping dates for shows.

Joy - Consultant kits ship at a different pace that show orders so don't worry about that.Check your adjustment screen to see if it shows up yet.

Under frequently visited sites on the right hand on CC choose: Product AdjustmentClick I have read box...and then click continueClick Can't remember show orderClick findLook for a number in this format:XXXXXXGXXXX Where the 1st 6 X's are your consultant IDGo to FedEx.com/trackingTrack by reference numberEnter the number above in the boxEnter your zip code and location (United States)
...and track...

I just did what you suggested, but nope - nothing! I got as far as the find page, clicked on show type and chose new consultant kit, and was told no orders were found that matched that criteria. :(

Oh well...maybe Monday...

There should be a tracking link on your Welcome to PC email. The one that gives your consultant number, important dates, etc. It will say "Click here to log into Consultant's Corner so you can track your kit." It's right under your 30 and 90 day dates. ;)

Welcome to PC and good luck with your new biz!

I did and it still just says received. I was just doing that b/c they said that new consultant kits are shipped differently. But as of one minute ago...it still just says received.

Do they have warehouse workers on Saturdays? Is there a chance it will go out Monday? (boy am I cutting it down to the wire!!)

They probably won't be working today but it may still go out today (later in the day) or Monday. Just check again on Monday. I know it is hard to wait, but it will come.

They usually update the website and systems the day AFTER it shipped.

If it doesn't show try tracking anyway just in case it did go and not on the website yet.

Try:

545454G0001
545454G0002

Where 545454 would be replaced with your consultant ID.

Kits are usually G0001 or G0002 for new consultants.

Otherwise, deep breath, it will come!!!! :)

Besides, your 30 days doesn't start IMMEDIATELY. :)

Um, yes. The 30 days starts on the estimated delivery date. Unless you receive it late and can show HO that it came later. Then they'll bump it out a couple days.

My 30 (well, 60 :D) days start on Jan. 3rd. I have my grand opening on the 6th...and was hoping for at least a few days to play with and explore/use the products before my show. It still says recieved and that's it on the tracking page. The little tips that Janet has offered only net me a saying in red lettering: No orders were found. And with Tuesday being a holiday, I'm a little worried that I won't get it in time. Silly me for waiting until the day after Christmas to buy myself extra days. :rolleyes:

Not meaning to stress, but I'm just so excited and anxious to get my grubby little hands on the products!! :chef:

Here's an idea Joy.... you've promoted the show as your Grand Opening, right? Well, if you don't get your kit earlier than you hope, you could really do a Grand Opening!!!! Open the entire kit in front of your guests and reveal EVERYTHING in it! What a great way to talk about starting your business!!! Have some food made up ahead of time so people can munch, then go through the products. Tell them what it is and why you are excited to have it! Tell them WHY you're doing PC... what recipes you're looking forward to trying... and you're looking for hosts to try them out on... If you pull a product and don't know what you're going to use it for, ask the guests their opinions. Then tell them what you're going to use the extra PC$ that you're going to earn to get. GOOD LUCK! You'll be awesome!

Joy - if you start date is 1/3, you should be receiving it by then.

Colleen - love your idea for her. It'll be like "after Christmas" for them. ...and it is an effect to see ALL that stuff come out of a box for only $XXX.XX (advertise kit credit there).

Colleen - what a great idea! :D I was hoping to use my grand opening show to "get my feet wet" and get comfortable doing the recipe I'll be doing all month with people I'm comfortable with...but what a fun idea if it doesn't come until right before! Now I'm not so stressed...thanks!! :chef:

Colleen always has the best ideas! That's actually based on a tidbit I remember hearing: have a neighbor come over to "help" unpack your kit. It's a good way to get another host, and maybe a recruit. Doing it at your show will get the message to more people.

I don't cook in front of my guests anyway. I do all my cooking before hand. I'm not a good entertainer when I'm cooking so they don't have to watch me attempt to. You can always make all the food before hand and just talk about the products

finley1991 said:
Here's an idea Joy.... you've promoted the show as your Grand Opening, right? Well, if you don't get your kit earlier than you hope, you could really do a Grand Opening!!!! Open the entire kit in front of your guests and reveal EVERYTHING in it! What a great way to talk about starting your business!!! Have some food made up ahead of time so people can munch, then go through the products. Tell them what it is and why you are excited to have it! Tell them WHY you're doing PC... what recipes you're looking forward to trying... and you're looking for hosts to try them out on... If you pull a product and don't know what you're going to use it for, ask the guests their opinions. Then tell them what you're going to use the extra PC$ that you're going to earn to get. GOOD LUCK! You'll be awesome!

Colleen, I absolutely LOVE this idea!!!

My last question about shipping (for now! :p) - when they are putting the order (or in my case, my kit) together it will say picking right? Or will it just say received until they actually mail it?

Yes. However, kits are pre-assembled (I think), so they usually ship out pretty fast.

Thanks! :)

I promised myself I'd stop stressing until Monday...but obviously it didn't work. :p I have to keep telling myself it'll be okay...it'll be okay...it'll be okay! :D

ChefJoyJ said:
Thanks! :)

I promised myself I'd stop stressing until Monday...but obviously it didn't work. :p I have to keep telling myself it'll be okay...it'll be okay...it'll be okay! :D

It will be! They do this over and over and over again.

It will be fine! If by some odd fluke it doesn't make it (which I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt), there are MANY creative ideas here for shows without the kit...using what you already have, what you can borrow from others...or have your guests bring their favorite item with...

janetupnorth said:
It will be! They do this over and over and over again.

It will be fine! If by some odd fluke it doesn't make it (which I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt), there are MANY creative ideas here for shows without the kit...using what you already have, what you can borrow from others...or have your guests bring their favorite item with...

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I like the idea of having the guests bring their favorite item - I might use that at a later date if my kit arrives in time. What a fun idea! :D

That is a cool idea! It would be my luck there would be 20 food choppers and nothing else. Would have to sell that one as a stress relief show. lol

Oh, I just remembered. The tracker on my kit didn't change until a day or so after I had received it. So don't stress if yours doesn't either. FedEx is slowwww updating. I signed on a Monday and had my kit that Friday so you should be fine. My start date was 6 days after I received my welcome email so you should receive it soon. :)

Colleen, that was a great idea!

Thanks Marisa! I think my biggest stress is that I signed on a Wed. and the following Monday and Tuesday are HO holidays, so I'm worried it'll put it a bit behind...but my start date is Wed. Jan 3 - so fingers crossed!

Maybe I'll have customers bring their favorite stones for the month of Jan! :D

LOL about the food choppers - I'd have 20 citrus peelers... :rolleyes:

1. What happened to the host's package that was supposed to be delivered before Christmas?

The host's package was delayed and not delivered on time. It was supposed to be shipped via 2nd day air, but it took over 1 1/2 days for the package to be picked up by FedEx. It is now in Indiana instead of being delivered to the host who lives 6 hours west of the hub.

2. What did the rep promise regarding the delivery date of the package?

The rep promised that the package would be delivered before Christmas Eve since it was being shipped via 2nd day air. However, it is now scheduled to be delivered on Christmas Eve, which is not what was initially promised.

3. Why did the host's package get delayed?

The package got delayed because it took over 1 1/2 days for FedEx to pick it up, even though it was supposed to be shipped via 2nd day air. This caused the package to be delivered to the wrong location and resulted in a delay.

4. What did the host do to try and rectify the situation?

The host did an adjustment on Tuesday and requested for the package to be shipped via 2nd day air. However, the package ended up being shipped regular FedEx and is scheduled to be delivered on the same day as the original package, even though it was shipped later.

5. What is the current status of the package and what was the host's initial request?

The package is currently in Indiana and is scheduled to be delivered on Christmas Eve. The host's initial request was for the package to be delivered before Christmas Eve, which is not the case now. The host is waiting for a call back from a supervisor to address the issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DeeDee616
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • mconsola
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • momoftwins