• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unacceptable Shipping Delays & Missing Items: An Adventure with Pampered Chef

In summary, PC is apologizing to its customers for a delayed shipping issue and offering a small gift to those affected.
mconsola
(I put this below in CC but I'd love some help before my HO call back.)

Dec 10 - I submitted a show with plenty of time to ship before Christmas.

Dec 15 - 3rd package arrived missing 15 items!

Dec 15 - I called HO and they said they'd expetide the priority (in house - not Fed Ex) and the host could expect them on Dec 19. (Wouldn't ship directly to customers because it would have been 15 seperate adjustments.)

Dec 22 - Still no package, called HO, adjustment was still "picking!" They promised to overnight it and it would be there on the 23rd.

Dec 23 - Tracking says it didn't even leave HO until 11:00 am on the 23rd.

Dec 26 - Host got her "overnighted" package on the 26th... still missing 2 of the items!

Now, I have 6 customers who are affected by this and 2 are (were) potential hosts! I have offered them 20% off any order placed before the end of January but I really think PC should offer something as an apology to these customers! Will they? I'm waiting on a call back but I'd love to know what is reasonable to expect!

I am sorry this happened to you. Imo I think that HO should do something for them but I don't know what... :(

How do you know that Fed Ex isn't the one who dropped the ball? I think you need to take a few deep breaths before HO calls you back so you can talk to them a litle more rationally. Remember, it's not the customer service person on the other end of the phone who is at fault, they are just the 'lucky' one who get to help you resolve it.

...and don't forget weather delays! I understand the "missing" but delay in shipping was out of everyone's control a bit.

Call and speak to a superviser.
That is really bad customer service and it makes us look bad. 15 ITEMS missing!!! That is crazy! Any other store would compensate in some way. And then another 2 missing, that's horrible!! Quick get on the phone.

Debbie :D

Also, best NOT to promise your customers anything until AFTER you resolve the issue.

Yes there were huge weather delays as we got slammed with a snowstorm on the 22nd - 23rd. Hope it gets resolved for you! Also, I think most people are very understanding with things that are out of your control.

pamperedlinda said:
How do you know that Fed Ex isn't the one who dropped the ball? I think you need to take a few deep breaths before HO calls you back so you can talk to them a litle more rationally. Remember, it's not the customer service person on the other end of the phone who is at fault, they are just the 'lucky' one who get to help you resolve it.

I don't think I'm being irrational at all. I am actually very calm when talking with the CS rep as I know it's not their fault. Just as it's not my fault either. Bottom line though is that PC name is not looking so favorable to several of my customers and anyone who they are complaining about it to. Can't have that!

I live in an area were shopping is non-existent so I do a lot of Internet shopping. I am still waiting for some items that were meant for Christmas. The weather has been terrible this year causing many delays.

I had ordered some treats that were meant for Christmas Eve they haven't come in yet, I'm hoping maybe be here for New Year's Eve. I don't expect those companies to give me anything for free though...

People at HO are just like us, human!!! It isn't all HO fault, Fed Ex also is.

Well, HO is shipping the missing items along with a Small Bamboo Spoon Set for the guests who were affected. Thanks for your help!

pamperedlinda said:

Even if it was FedEx's fault it needs to be addressed. I know there were weather issues too but this show's adjustments should have been in the host's hands before that happened. I agree that those affected (and especially the host) should get something as a "sorry this happened".

I also had a couple of things not arrive in time. One was overnighted to arrive on the 23rd but luckily she got it on the 24th (and was home to get it). The other is on the truck for delivery today - was supposed to have been overnighted on the 18th (again, before the weather in Chicago).

This has happened in past years too. I especially get upset when the customer pays the extra for the quick shipping and then doesn't get it in the time they expected.

I agree it is not the fault of the operator who happens to answer the phone but HO does need to be made aware when this kind of thing happens so they can trouble shoot it and fix it to avoid future problems. If we approach the call with the attitude that we are partnering with the person on the other end of the line to correct an issue we sound professional and reasonable.

BethCooks4U said:
This has happened in past years too. I especially get upset when the customer pays the extra for the quick shipping and then doesn't get it in the time they expected.

That is terrible when it happens, the customer deserves to get their money back for the "shipping"!

mconsola said:
Well, HO is shipping the missing items along with a Small Bamboo Spoon Set for the guests who were affected. Thanks for your help!

That's wonderful:thumbup:

Last year I had a customer pay for the overnight shipping and the weather made it so it came two days after christmas. I asked HO to refund the overnight shipping cost and they did.

HO always seems to want to bend over backwards to please the customers and us and it's great that they have included a "sorry" gift for the customers. It's frustrating - YES, but weather happens and mistakes happen and I'm glad that they work to fix it and "make it right".

There were alot of orders that were messed up this month..I had replacments that they were supposed to send out and never did it is frustrating but i do not think they will do anything at the home office as an apology to the customers..

I got a Flour/Sugar Shaker for the Trifle Bowl being full of air bubbles... They also sent me a cookbook of my choice last month when I got the broken lids on the SBBs.

1. How long does it typically take for Pampered Chef products to be shipped?

Our standard shipping time is 5-7 business days. However, during peak seasons or high demand, it may take up to 10 business days for your items to be shipped.

2. What should I do if my order is experiencing a shipping delay?

If your order has not arrived within the expected shipping time, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to track your order and provide you with an update on its status.

3. What happens if an item is missing from my order?

In rare cases, an item may be missing from your order due to human error or inventory discrepancies. If this happens, please contact our customer service team and they will assist you in getting the missing item shipped to you as soon as possible.

4. Can I cancel my order if it is experiencing a shipping delay?

Yes, you can cancel your order if it has not been shipped yet. However, if your order has already been shipped and is experiencing a delay, we recommend contacting our customer service team for assistance instead of cancelling the order.

5. How does Pampered Chef handle shipping delays and missing items?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide the best customer service and ensure that our products are delivered to you on time and in perfect condition. If there are any shipping delays or missing items, our customer service team will work with you to resolve the issue and make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mconsola
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • lbdenton
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
melaniepc
Replies