• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Support - Frustrated Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the speaker had a difficult experience with a host who was demanding and uncooperative. The host insisted on doing multiple recipes at the show and had specific dietary restrictions for each. After the show, the host was upset that her guests' orders were not delivered to her and demanded a refund and her host discount. The speaker also had an issue with a guest who cancelled her show and demanded a refund due to not receiving her order, which had actually been delivered to the host. The speaker received support and advice from others in the business to move on from this difficult experience.
marciem
Hi all, I am so upset and I need to vent- I want to quit!

Here's the story-
I booked a show from a craft fair, show date was Dec 7. I had a draw at the fair for a square baker, and she won it.

She insisted on doing 3 yes 3 recipes at her show- I could not talk her out of it. Then when I got there she said each recipe had to be done both vegetarian and non, AND wheat free and regular!

Show sales were $700.

She calls me when she gets the stuff- on Dec 18, she can't believe she got everyone's stuff delivered to her. I explain that its the host job to deliver it I explained that in my host letter and at the show, and some of her guest even chose to have stuff direct shipped. She rudely tell me I did not make that clear enough.

I offer to help her deliver- its Dec 18th I said "Kristi how can I help you?" I told her I could help her deliver to her guests. She said no it was ok, she thought she could do it.

On Dec. 20 She calls to tell me she forgot one thing on her order, can I order it? Then she demands her 25% host discount which I give her.

On Dec 22 at 1030pm she e-mails me to say she can't get to one of her guests, she wants me to do it. I e-mail back at 10:45PM I can do it but you have to call me first thing in the morning (Dec 23) because my family and I are leaving for Christmas holidays.

She does not call me in the morning, I e-mail her at 11AM to say we were leaving I'd be back on Dec 29.

She e-mails me back at 1PM rudely telling me I should have called her that morning! (I offered to help earlier in the week!!!)

On Dec 29 she wants to exchange the grinder her set her mom gave her. I tell her ok let me know what you want in exchange.

She sends me a list of 5 things she wants to exchange 2 of which did not even come from my show!

Yesterday I send the website info to a guest from her show that booked a show in February. The guest e-mails me back saying How dare I think she would still want to have a show with me when she still hadn't received her order. The host had not delivered it to this guest!

She canceled her show and demanded a refund as they were Christmas gifts.

It is never ending...

So many phone calls and e-mails, and calls to head office. Its not worth it.
The refund also will bring her total below the $700 mark so that will affect my commission and it drops me just below $2000 for Dec so I miss out on the Pampered Chef dollars!

I have bent over backwards don't everything I can and I have been super polite. The guests loved me and I booked 2 shows and had a ton of leads.

So depressing and it feels like its just not worth it.

I'm so sorry you've encountered this so early in your business. I've been doing this for almost 5 years, and I have never had a host behave nearly that outrageously. She obviously has issues.

What Rae said. One of the very few drawbacks to this business is that while it is sales, it is also service, and a few people will treat you like dirt.

Please try to close the book on this horrible mean person and move on to the many wonderful hosts and guests out there.

susanr613 said:
What Rae said. One of the very few drawbacks to this business is that while it is sales, it is also service, and a few people will treat you like dirt.

Please try to close the book on this horrible mean person and move on to the many wonderful hosts and guests out there.

I totally agree. Bless and release. You got your worse host first! Lucky you!

Hey Susan! I thought you went to leadership!?

Would it be totally out of line to politely explain to the guest that the show shipped well before Christmas and was in the hosts hands... maybe forward to the guest the email showing that show had been shipped to the host?

It just doesn't seem fair that you should get the blame for that, AND lose the show, as well as the hassle of returning the items...

Sorry this was such a bad experience for you...

Oh good call Annie!!!

I thought that, too, Annie. I would probably have blurted out (even via email), "I'm so sorry. Those things shipped to Susie, and she received them on ______________."

Last edited:
raebates said:
I thought that, too, Annie. I would probably have blurted out (even via email), "I'm so sorry. Those things shipped to Susie, and she received them on ______________."

Oh yeah, she would have known (in the sweetest possible way) that the Host had those items.

And perhaps, the booking friend is as big a $itch as the orginal Host. . .you may be better off without this booking.

Bless and release.

I'd also call HO, tell them your saga and from now on, DO NOT handle exchanges yourself from this lady...make her call HO.

I know people tell me not to do it, but I have all my orders shipped to me. If there is several from the Host that she knows from her work, church, etc., I give them to her after making sure they are all "good". I don't think I would have been as polite and told the Guest that the orders were delivered to the Host on such and such date and you were really sorry she had not given her her order yet and offered her a free product to make up for it.You are definitely under no obligation to the rude Host to return items from other Shows through other Consultants. Maybe that is how you ended up with her...she burned her bridges with the other Consultants! We need a "Bad Host List" in each area so Consultants don't get burned like this.Think of it this way, you did probably get the very worst host first... Hopefully all your others will be very nice!

Just to point out a "brighter" side. The return will not affect her host benefits or your commissions or incentives.

Thanks for all the support, its what I needed to hear! I was devastated to lose that show and to think that guest thought I had something to do with her not getting her product.

I called her a couple of times today and e-mailed her. I apologized, told her that I understood how upset she must be but I also let her know that I had no idea she had not received the product. I told her when the product got to the host and I let her know the host knew it was her job to get it out.

I set up the refund through head office, and e-mailed the info to the host. I actually think she will be glad to not have to deliver the product. She was going to have to mail a box for her exchange anyways, whats one more box.

I told her my head office was taking over the show because there had been too many adjustments, on it, and if she had anymore questions or problems to contact them. HO told me to have her reference the show number and show date, which I gave her.

I have her e-mail on bounce if she sends me more e-mails with stupid requests they will bounce right back to her! She got HO 1 800 number she can use that!

Hopefully the guest will understand, but if her and the host are close, you might not get a break though, but the good news in all of it is, you have done your best to accomidate them. Thats all you can do, and whatever happens now, happens. Atleast you can say you gave it your best!

It sounds like you handled this well. It also sounds like you're feeling a bit better. Like we say here--bless and release.

As far as I remember.. here in Canada even if someone "returns"something your comission is NOT affected!!!

yes, Robynchef is right, your commission is only affected if the ENTIRE show is returned, then it will be adjusted.

Don't let the actions of this one host deter you in your business. You handled it well and need to move on now. Keep up the good work, you offered great customer service and should do very well.

I had a bad experience with one of my november shows and one from the summer, the hosts were very upset and one was in tears...they are long stories I don't want to get into now, but just so you know you are not alone. I have been doing this for eight years, it is hard not to take it personally.

The best thing to do is try to make the host/guests satisfied as much as you can do in your own power. There are some circumstances that are completely out of your control, but they expect you to make it right (out of your pocket). Sometimes "it's company policy, there is nothing I can do" helps!

It is good to know that your commission will not be affected. More bookings will come, if the guest/future host is this upset and was concerned about the products not arriving in time she should have contacted you and/or the host before it was too late. if this is going to upset her so badly, you probably don't want to deal with her on a show, the past host has probably told her what she went through and now she is going to be biased right from the start. Wash your hands and let them all go, deal with them on returns as necessary (I wouldn't do the ones you didn't sell her to begin with, pass them on to HO as mentioned above).

I have stopped doing shows, because I had almost the same situation on my true first show outside my ring of friends and family. Now I do just Catalog shows, open for a month. I feel the, bending over and working to get a job done, just to get dumped on. Good Luck

Mr. Pampered Chef said:
I have stopped doing shows, because I had almost the same situation on my true first show outside my ring of friends and family. Now I do just Catalog shows, open for a month. I feel the, bending over and working to get a job done, just to get dumped on. Good Luck

Hmmm. So much for perseverance. I am sorry you had a bad experience but I encourage you to take a chance and try again (several more times). I think you'll be surprised.

Many consultants will tell you that this business gets a lot easier when you move out of your circle of friends/family.

What is the best way to contact customer support?

The best way to contact customer support is by calling our toll-free number, sending an email, or filling out a contact form on our website. Our representatives are available to assist you Monday-Friday from 8am-10pm EST and Saturday-Sunday from 9am-6pm EST.

How can I track my order?

You can track your order by logging into your account on our website or by using the tracking number provided in your shipping confirmation email. If you have any issues with tracking your order, please contact our customer support team for assistance.

What is your return policy?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not happy with your order, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please see our website for more details on our return policy.

How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can go to our website and click on the "Join Us" tab. From there, you can fill out an application and a consultant will reach out to you with more information about joining our team.

Can I cancel or change my order after it has been placed?

If you need to cancel or make changes to your order, please contact our customer support team as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note that orders may not be able to be changed or cancelled once they have been processed and shipped.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jenn822