• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Struggling with Refund Request

In summary, the hostess failed to deliver the products to the guest, and the guest has since gotten them from the hostess.
Jenn822
I just started as a consultant in August. A very good friend of mine did a party right off the bat with me - and I just got an email from a mutual friend demanding a refund - stating that she still hasn't received her order and has been unable to get in touch with the hostess.

I was a new consultant, but I did follow-up with her and she assured me that everything was delivered... I'd offered a million times to help deliver products because she had a lot going on during the weeks after the party, but she never took me up on it. :(

The mutual friend is a friend of mine on facebook and has NEVER mentioned anything to me that she'd not received her order. She said in her email that she has been trying to get ahold of the host for 3 months - and that she attached her proof - which was ONE email dated 10/13/10 that just said "did the products arrive?"

OH - and her order was an outside order - so she never got an official receipt with the return/refund policy when she placed her order.

AND - the hostess had put the order on her own credit card, and the mutual friend just paid her cash - so even if a refund were possible, it would go to the hostess card, not the customer. (The hostess did confirm that she paid her).

I obtained the product from the hostess this afternoon - and can deliver it tomorrow - but does she have any "refund" recourse????

Grrrrrrr.... Thanks everyone!

Have you called this guest? Call her and explain that you had no idea that her products weren't delivered. Tell her you've picked up the order from the hostess and that you're willing to drop it off tomorrow. If she really doesn't want it, refund her cash (since that's what she paid) and keep the product for yourself or cash and carry. If it's out of your budget, try to arrange with the hostess to refund the lady and let the hostess keep the product.
Try to give the guest her product without doing a refund course. Be positive. Solve the problem the best you can and remain positive the entire time. Good customer service = a customer who comes back. You could always say "Hey, I'm sorry this happened to you. Since I'd like to make it up to you, I'd be willing to offer the ingredients for your own show, did you know January hosts can get 50% more free?!"

Thanks for your help! I apologized to her again and explained that I was only just notified of the delay. I told her that I had the products and could deliver them to her work the next day. She accepted that - I threw in a $5 Starbucks gift card with her order for the inconvenience... She's a Scentsy consultant, so I think she feels for me a little - especially since I had no idea until she told me....

What should I do if a client requests a refund?

If a client requests a refund, the first step is to review your company's refund policy. If you have a clear policy in place, follow it accordingly. If not, you can decide on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the reason for the refund request and any potential impact on your business.

How should I handle refund requests from difficult clients?

It's important to remain professional and calm when dealing with difficult clients who are requesting a refund. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies both parties. If a compromise cannot be reached, you may need to escalate the issue to a supervisor or seek advice from your company's policies and procedures.

What should I do if the client is not satisfied with the product or service?

If the client is not satisfied with the product or service, it may be best to offer a replacement or alternative solution instead of a refund. This shows that you are willing to work with the client and address their concerns. However, if a refund is still requested, follow your company's policy and handle the situation professionally.

How can I prevent refund requests in the future?

To prevent refund requests in the future, it's important to have clear and transparent communication with your clients. This includes setting realistic expectations, providing quality products or services, and addressing any issues or concerns promptly. Additionally, regularly seeking feedback from clients can help identify areas for improvement and prevent future refund requests.

What should I do if I am struggling to handle refund requests?

If you are struggling to handle refund requests, it's important to seek guidance or support from your supervisor or a more experienced colleague. They may be able to provide helpful advice or assist in finding a solution. It's also important to take care of yourself and seek assistance if the situation becomes overwhelming or stressful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Lilamyw3