• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Hostess Won't Give Me Money!!!!!

In summary, the lady bounced a check after products were delivered, and the author tried to get the money from her before she left town. The money was finally obtained, and the author plans to send a bill for the products to the flaky person.
lesliec
I had a show a few weeks back. I was struggling to get it closed before I left town. One of the hostesse's friends was attempting a catalog show, but didn't make it to $150 and just wanted to add the orders to her friend's show. I talked to her and got the orders, and told her to hold on to the money until I got back in town and I would catch up with her. (It was 10 pm and I was leaving at 5am the following day.) Show was delivered while I was out of town. The main hostess is a flake to put it nicely. I talked to the friend who had taken the orders and she told me that she had given the money to the main hostess. Of course, I couldn't get ahold of her for nearly a week. Finally talked to her this morning and she was being really flaky.
I was heading to town to run some errands and thought I would stop by her apt. She doesn't drive so I knew there was a really good chance I would catch her at home. Well as I pull up she is walking outside with her daughter and they are getting in the car with someone. I parked and then walked over and asked her if I could get the money. She said that they were leaving and had to go and she couldn't do it right then. We were standing 50 ft from her front door. I said "can you please just walk inside and get the money?" She said no, I'm late, but I will bring it by tonight. I reminded her that I live 20 minutes out of town. She said it was fine, and got in the car and left.
I know one of the payments was cash and I think that she spent the money. Now she is texting me for my address saying that she will just put it in the mail to me. I am so livid!!!!! If she were just a flaky hostess it would be one thing, but we have about 5 mutual friends and she goes to the church we went to when we lived in town. I feel like she needs some accountability. I feel like she is stealing from me. I want to wring her neck!!!!!

So sorry that you are going through this.

If I have a show that I need to close and don't have the $, I have it shipped to me. At least then I can hold the products until it is paid yet still get any incentives the company is offering that month.

Different situation but you could do something similar: I had a lady bounce a check after products where delivered. Told her she needed to either pay me in cash within the next 2 days or she would have to return the products. She made good on the cash that evening. Just be firm with her and let her know that you've paid for the products in advance and either need the $ now or the products will have to go back.

Lesson learned--never turn in a show without having the money in hand.Or, as Barb said, have it shipped to you so you don't deliver the products until you have the money.

I know exactly what you're going through! I'm going through the same thing myself and it's eating me alive. The thing is, when I called her (again) about it, she got an attitude with me. It's like, "Um lady? You have MY money! Don't be a jerk!" I seriously want to go all Soprano's on her >:-(
Good luck with your flaky person!

Make up an invoice and put a "payment due on receipt" note on there. Add "products must be returned or cash/money order payment received by _____________". "Failure to comply will result in legal action". You are a business and have a right to demand payment. Send it certified mail so she has to sign for it.

Thank you all. I was actually planning something of the sorts.
I did get the money from her earlier today. I was trying to get it to the bank before NC. She did admit that she had given the cash to her husband and had to go to the ATM to replace it. At first I was floored at that, but then realized that many people would do the same, and at least she intended to replace it (and did), she just didn't have it when I showed up at her house.......

Glad it worked out ok!!

I'm glad, too! And, yeah, we have to remember that this is not a business to our hosts, it's just a party, so they may not consider the implications of their actions (from not returning phone calls, to cancelling shows at the last minute, to spending money which is to pay for orders), in the same light.

What is the best way to handle a hostess who won't give me my money?

The first step is to communicate with the hostess and remind her of the agreement made regarding the party and your compensation. It's important to remain calm and professional while expressing your concerns. If the issue persists, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for further assistance.

What if the hostess is refusing to pay me because she was not satisfied with the party?

If the hostess is unhappy with the party, it's important to address her concerns and try to find a resolution. However, this does not excuse her from fulfilling her end of the agreement. You are entitled to your compensation for your time and effort in hosting the party.

Can I take legal action against a hostess who refuses to pay me?

While we hope it doesn't come to this, you do have the option to take legal action if the hostess is not fulfilling her part of the agreement. It's important to document all communication and keep records of the party and your compensation agreement.

What should I do if the hostess claims she cannot afford to pay me?

If the hostess is unable to pay you, you can offer to work out a payment plan or accept alternative forms of compensation, such as products or services. However, it's important to come to a mutual agreement and have it in writing to avoid any misunderstandings.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this situation from happening in the future?

To avoid any issues with receiving your compensation, it's important to have a clear agreement in place with the hostess before the party. Make sure to discuss and document the details of your compensation, including the amount and payment method, to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenn822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • krzymomof4