• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Refund for Replacement Parts

In summary, the conversation was about a customer who received incorrect replacement parts and wanted a refund. The consultant called the company and was initially told that they do not offer refunds for replacement parts. However, after speaking to a supervisor, the customer will now receive a full refund. The consultant was relieved and grateful for the advice given.
chefsteph07
I got an email from a customer of mine whom I have never met, but she has ordered in the past from a repeat host, she wanted 5 replacement parts for the "Chilzanne veggie tray thing"...so I went ahead and ordered it for her last week.The total came to $39. I received an email from her last night that the parts she received were incorrect and what should she do. I called her to discuss exactly what she got versus what she wanted. She then says to me "this is for the thing that looks like an "S" right?" Umm...no...I told her when she said "veggie tray thing" I ordered for the Rectangle Server, not the Sectional. I said ok, no problem, I'll call HO and see what I can do for you. Come to find out there are no replacement parts for the sectional. I say to the CS rep, (who I explained this situation to in detail) "ok, can she just get a refund and send the Rectangle parts back then?" and she tells me they do not offer refunds on replacement parts! Stupidly, I did not know this! I was in such shock that I just said "ok, thanks" and I hung up. Then I started really thinking about it and I am supposed to just refund her $39 out of my own pocket for this?? I cannot afford to do that right now! I realize it was my mistake, miscommunication, whatever, but that does not seem right to me!

Has anyone else had this happen before? I find it hard to believe that I am the first person to order wrong parts for a customer. What should I do??
I have to call this customer back today and not only tell her that I cannot order her what she wants but now they don't issue refunds. I am at a total loss right now.

Call HO and ask for a supervisor. The policy is no refund but they may make an exception. The regular operators cannot make that decision.

They used to have a $100 consultant case as the first thing on the supply order and once right after I looked at and printed the list of what I was getting somehow I added that without knowing. I called and of course they said "no refunds or exchanges" but after I explained more carefully ($100 :eek:) and said I already had it - it was something you could earn in your first 6 months when I joined - they sent a call ticket for the return and allowed me to get $100 in other supplies in it's place. Thank you PC! ...so call.

BTW: I did the same thing the next time I ordered but I caught it that time.:blushing: I suggested they move it to not be the default thing and make something less expensive be instead. They did do that so it wasn't such a worry then.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll get an understanding ear.

Beth, I took your advice and called for a supervisor this morning, just spoke to someone who said they will give the customer a full refund! Whoo hoo! Thank goodness! Thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate it!

1. Can I get a refund for a replacement part?

No, unfortunately we do not offer refunds for replacement parts. Our policy is to only offer replacements for damaged or defective parts.

2. What if I accidentally ordered the wrong replacement part?

If you have accidentally ordered the wrong replacement part, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We may be able to cancel the order and issue a refund, but this is not guaranteed.

3. How do I know if I need a replacement part?

If you have noticed any damage or defect in your Pampered Chef product, you may need a replacement part. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance in determining if a replacement part is necessary.

4. Can I exchange a replacement part for a different one?

No, replacement parts are only available for the specific part that is damaged or defective. We do not offer exchanges for different parts.

5. How long does it take to receive a replacement part?

This may vary depending on your location and the availability of the replacement part. Our customer service team will provide you with an estimated delivery time when you contact them for a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Mommy2amo