• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Care Issues: 3 Challenges & Advice Needed!

In summary, the customer has had three issues with her Egg slicer and customer care is advising her to replace the wires, deliver to work, and if the order wasn't processed, to re-enter it.
sklay723
Gold Member
Today must be my day for Customer Care issues. I have three things, and any advice is appreciated since I'll be tackling these tomorrow when HO is open. :)

1) I had a customer order the wire frame replacement for her egg slicer in April last year. It has already broken AGAIN. She's pretty upset with the quality. Does HO give any kind of warranty on replacement parts?

2) I had a delivery exception through FedEx pop up on a customer who wanted the order delivered to her work address...guess they weren't there yesterday, even though the business is open on Saturdays. Do I have to do anything to get the delivery worked out, or do we just wait and see if FedEx tries again on Tuesday?

3) I just had a past host place a massive order on the outlet through my website, but she didn't put her host discount number in. HO is closed on Sunday...is it too late for her to get that resolved? Should I offer her some sort of "gift" as a thank you? The order was $234 before tax and shipping, so she would have saved over $23 with her discount. I feel bad, but at the same time a little bewildered at how she could place the order and NOT use her PHD number.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Regarding the Egg slicer wires, I am curious what she is using it for that would break the wires?? I do know HO suggests when using it on Strawberries, have the point up and it will cause less stress on the wires. But first I would find out what she is using it for, and then talk to HO.

On the delivery, they will try again.

Call HO office about the discount, and tell her next time you can get her some free product with an order like that ( that would be a show!!).

pjpamchef said:
Call HO office about the discount, and tell her next time you can get her some free product with an order like that ( that would be a show!!).

not the outlet though.

1. I'd ask her what she is cutting with it. If she is slicing mushrooms with the stems in them, or strawberries without coring them, then it WILL bend/break before even a year is up. I've had pretty good luck with the inserts. $4 replacement is CHEAP compared to a new one even at Walmart.2. Don't need to do anything with the exception - they will attempt delivery tomorrow. Even though they were open Saturday, FedEx might not have been out on Saturday there.3. On the order, if it wasn't processed, she can cancel it and re-enter. Have her login to her account on the website and see if she can cancel it then re-enter it this time with her host number.

Here's the update so far...
1) She was definitely slicing strawberries, and since I demo'd that item at her show she knows about coring them first and slicing them standing up. If all else fails I will just eat the cost of a replacement, since I can't risk losing her (she's given me several referrals and a couple of non-show orders beyond her own shows). $4 isn't a bad price, especially since it's less than paying for shipping, etc.

2) I'll cross my fingers on the FedEx thing. She works for a cell phone company and FedEx is there all the time, so hopefully it'll correct itself.

3) Just talked to her again and she said it was already approved and processed. She'll be at a show on the 20th, so maybe I'll offer her another 10% off on top of her PHD for whatever she orders that night. It'll only eat up 10% of my commission on her order, which isn't bad when you think of the commission I'm making on her outlet order.

Still open to any additional advice or ideas, everyone! Thanks for your input so far!!!

Still call HO on that order tomorrow. They may still be able to catch it there.

janetupnorth said:
Still call HO on that order tomorrow. They may still be able to catch it there.

I just got called in on a substitute teaching assignment for tomorrow, so I just sent an email to the Solution Center since I don't know if I can get to a phone until late in the afternoon. Cross your fingers!

sklay723 said:
3) I just had a past host place a massive order on the outlet through my website, but she didn't put her host discount number in. HO is closed on Sunday...is it too late for her to get that resolved? Should I offer her some sort of "gift" as a thank you? The order was $234 before tax and shipping, so she would have saved over $23 with her discount. I feel bad, but at the same time a little bewildered at how she could place the order and NOT use her PHD number.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I've had this happen before. Just call HO on her behalf (or have her call) and they will refund her the $23 no problem. It doesn't matter if it's already shipped.

DebbieJ said:
I've had this happen before. Just call HO on her behalf (or have her call) and they will refund her the $23 no problem. It doesn't matter if it's already shipped.

Thanks Debbie!!! Good to know. I emailed already, but will follow up whenever I have a lunch break on Monday. :)

I think it is a little confusing if you aren't familiar with the screen on the Outlet to find where it asks for the Past Host Discount. It also "disappears" if you go out of the order and back in. We do that several times since I take small orders from customers before turning it in each month and combine them into one. Every time I close it and open the same order back up (and all the products are there plus more), it goes back and asks for the PHD# again! The last time someone placed a big order on the Outlet (over $100 by herself), I gave her a free spice. She gave me a Catalog Show too at $150, so I just put it on there.

On hold for HO. Wait time exceeds 30 minutes (with my luck it'll be a LOT longer) so I just have the phone on speaker while I get work done around the house and play with the kids. I didn't hear anything back about the email I sent for the host who didn't use the PHD...is that something they would reply to me on, or would they just take care of it with the customer directly?

sklay723 said:
On hold for HO. Wait time exceeds 30 minutes (with my luck it'll be a LOT longer) so I just have the phone on speaker while I get work done around the house and play with the kids. I didn't hear anything back about the email I sent for the host who didn't use the PHD...is that something they would reply to me on, or would they just take care of it with the customer directly?

Email replies are taking MUCH longer lately. I'm not surprised you haven't heard anything yet.

You would get a reply since you're the one who sent it.

1. What should I do if my order arrives damaged?

If your order arrives damaged, please contact our customer care team immediately. We will work with you to provide a replacement or issue a refund.

2. How can I track my order?

You can track your order by logging into your account on our website and checking the status of your order. You will also receive an email with tracking information once your order has shipped.

3. What is your return policy?

We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please note, some exclusions may apply.

4. My items are missing from my order, what should I do?

If you are missing items from your order, please contact our customer care team. We will work to resolve the issue and ensure you receive all of the items you ordered.

5. How can I contact customer care?

You can contact our customer care team by phone, email, or through our online chat feature. Our team is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • jmwinfree
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • naekelsey