• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Is Being Really Rude to a Customer of Mine. What to Do?

In summary, the customer's mother misplaced the receipt for a set of cookware she gifted her 7 years ago, and when she called the customer service number on the receipt, the customer was told she would have to try cleaning the cookware with a baking powder paste or vinegar. The customer has not received a call back from the supervisor the customer was promised.
hselby87
Gold Member
A customer of mine bought her mother a set of our cookware for Christmas 7 years ago (or thereabouts). She gave her mother the receipt when she gifted the set. Her mother is now having issues with sticking (never been put in the dishwasher or mistreated she says). She called HO and they asked for the receipt information. She said her mother had misplaced the receipt and asked if there was any way they could find the information without it. The rep told her she would try and then came back after 10 minutes and said "No, I cannot find it." When she asked what she needed to do the HO rep said "You shouldn't have lost your receipt."

I don't know what to do to help her. Any ideas?:confused:

Can you find it on the show and give her the information

Not sure if I would consider that rude. In order to claim any warranty issues on the lifetime items you must have your receipt. They could have probably used a better response but they have things they have to follow on their end.Do they remember who the original consultant or host was on the party? I know a while back they use to put items by the show not the customer.

That is weird. I've had customers that had problems with products (cookware) that was purchased before we knew each other. HO was able to find it using her old address and maiden name. I would try again.

I will tell you that they will probably tell you to have her try cleaning it with a baking powder paste or vinegar or both. I had the same probelm with mine and used both (soak it in it first) and that residue came right off.

Good luck,
Sandi

Did they look for it uder her name or her mother's?

The looked under her name. She placed it with a consultant who is no longer doing business and it was not with a show. She just ordered it. She was told by the consultant that she would not need a receipt, that she could just call them anytime she had an issue and they would be able to help her. I am thinking the consultant may have added her order to another show or something without telling her and this is causing her issues now. I am going to call them on Monday and hopefully be able to help her.She asked to speak with a supervisor and she was told they would call her back by end of business today and she did not receive a call back. I am just trying to give her the best possible service I can, knowing that I was not the original consultant.

Here's what I'd do if it were me. Call CS. Write down the name of who you are talking to in case they give you a hard time, then tell that person that you have an upset customer who was told that a supervisor would call them and someone dropped the ball. Let them know that you need to start with a supervisor today. That should alleviate you spending undue time explaining things to someone who can't help. If, for some reason, they try to stall you or help anyway, just ask "are you refusing to allow me to speak with a supervisor?" Odds are, they'll say no & transfer you. If they ignore you & continue to try to help, ask again "[their name] I've asked twice now, and need to know ... are you refusing to transfer me to a supervisor?" If they say yes or ignore you, hang up, call back & start over with someone new. Make sure you relay any problems you might have encountered to that supervisor when you get them on the phone. By going directly to a supervisor, you'll alleviate any issues of having to explain the story multiple times to levels that can't help with the main complaint - the customer didn't receive a c/b from a supervisor on her original issue.Hopefully, you'll find someone who takes pride in their job & will go the extra mile to find the link & help out your customer. ;)

I am pretty sure once you ask for a supervisor they will get one for you. :)

I have found that even those who are not supervisors will often go the extra mile for you if YOUR tone is right. Don't demand. Ask for help. Give them all the information you can and ask if she can please help you help your customer. Whether they can find the order or not I wouldn't complain about the person your customer talked to until the end of your conversation and then remember that your customer could be over reacting.Of course, if you get someone with an attitude then definitely ask for a supervisor. Good luck with that though. Lately when I've done that I get a machine and have not yet gotten calls back. I've then called back, said I never got a return call, they've looked it up and been able to help me. So it all works out in the end.

Gather as much info as you can: 1) If she can remember the consultant's name that too would be a big help, 2) She should give you both names just in case. I had a guest purchase cookware for her sister with another consultant who went out of business as well. They had problems, called HO and it turned out, after two weeks of being stumped, that the guest did NOT order it in her name but rather her sister's and to make things worse, not when she thought she ordered it but a year earlier! 7 years is a long time so things can be majorly forgotten. Heck, I don't always remember when I bought things and I have the dang P3 program to tell me! 3) Not to sound like your "person" is a dummy but make sure it is PC cookware. I have also had the trying to return Calphlon cookware! I am sure it is ours but you never know. The other thing, if she did this last week, I am sure they are short handed due to spring breaks and vacations. Be patient. The supervisors may not be around. However, the tone the rep gave them was unwarranted. So I too agree that you need to ask for a supervisor right off the bat. Then tell that supervisor why. Even without a name, the reps need to be reminded that our customers are important to them too. Good luck in all of this.

Does she remember the consultant's name? Is she able to contact her? I have never had to furnish a receipt...but they do need as much info as possible...consultant name, host name, show number, date of show, name of customer, etc...they should be able to find the order without all of the info, but will need as much as you have.

If you know the consultant's name and approximate date, then they can check to see if she ordered it in her own name or added it to someone elses show or order.

Sadly, you do have to know the name the cookware was purchased under. I have a grill pan that needs replacement. I thought I earned it in a sell-a-thon, but they can't find it. I don't have a receipt under my name and don't want to use a customer's name just in case their's needs replacement down the road. So, until they have a way for me to earn it free I'm stuck with my ugly one.

By the way, I called HO today about my stemware breaking and I had super service! Do you know the reps get rewarded if you ask to talk to their supervisor (sp) and give them praise? Do! It will make their day!

On the other hand - if they give poor service the supervisor needs to also know it. Always repeat their name and write it down before you go into your issue...you never know when you'll need it.

1. What should I do if someone is being rude to a customer of mine?

If someone is being rude to a customer of yours, the first step is to remain calm and professional. It's important not to react with anger or escalate the situation. Instead, try to understand the root of the rudeness and address it calmly and respectfully.

2. How can I handle a rude customer without losing my cool?

Dealing with a rude customer can be challenging, but it's important to maintain your composure. Take a deep breath and listen to the customer's concerns. Apologize for any issues and try to find a solution that will satisfy the customer. If necessary, involve a manager or coworker for support.

3. Should I confront the person who is being rude to my customer?

Confronting the person who is being rude to your customer should be your last resort. Before doing so, try to diffuse the situation by addressing the customer's concerns and finding a solution. If the rudeness continues, calmly approach the person and explain the impact of their behavior on the customer and your business.

4. How can I prevent future incidents of rudeness towards my customers?

To prevent future incidents of rudeness towards your customers, it's important to establish clear policies and expectations for customer service. Train your employees on how to handle difficult customers and provide them with the tools to de-escalate situations. Also, make sure to follow up with customers and address any issues or complaints promptly.

5. Is it appropriate to involve management if someone is being rude to a customer?

If someone is being rude to a customer, it is appropriate to involve management if necessary. If the situation cannot be resolved by calmly addressing the customer's concerns, a manager may be able to intervene and find a solution. Additionally, involving management can help prevent any further incidents of rudeness towards your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • mmilus