• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Issues with FedEx and Customer Care for Pampered Chef?

nothing has changed. There seem to be two types of FedEx employees - those that ring the doorbell and those that don't. The ones that ring the doorbell are more likely to be respectful and helpful.
crazy4dabug
In light of the previous thread which is WAY too long for me to read it all....has any other problems happened with FEDEX?
I've known 5 girls out of my cluster that have had problems and boxes stolen...one box even stolen FROM their HUB!
This is bugging me...Shouldn't PC DO something about this IMMEDIATELY???

Also, any problems with customer care?
I've had 3 problems with them so far and only had to call 3 times.
I don't see where they are taking very good "care" of us.

It worries me as I'm a new consultant too and I don't want this to end up a scam.
:(

You are right the other thread is way too long :) (and I've read and posted in it!) I've been with PC a LONG time. While it sounds like your cluster has an unusually high number of incidents, this type of thing is rare.

Do not let it discourage you. PC takes VERY good care of us. ChefSuccess is a fabulous place for us to gather and share information. But keep in mind when you read the threads regarding problems with HO, etc that it is human nature to talk more about things that we have problems with than with things that have gone great. So for every post about a problem, we all have stories of things that have gone smoothly...we just don't post them as often :)

I agree with Lisa... It might just be certain areas for FedEx, my guy is great and he "gets" my dog (she likes to hide and jump out barking).

I've also had very good luck with PC (knock on wood). Every time somethings been wrong HO has fixed it immediately. Depending on the situation depends on whether I call or email.

I was really worried when we switched to FedEx, but so far I'm happy to say I'm happy with them.

If you're local FedEx is having a problem, especially if they're a remote HUB it might be a good idea to write 1 letter (the same letter) to the manager of that HUB, and their Corporate Offices (you can usually find the info at their website), and possibly the Attorney Generals Office. Don't be shy to demand/request/ask for the service they're supposed to be providing.

amcclanaghan said:
If you're local FedEx is having a problem, especially if they're a remote HUB it might be a good idea to write 1 letter (the same letter) to the manager of that HUB, and their Corporate Offices (you can usually find the info at their website), and possibly the Attorney Generals Office. Don't be shy to demand/request/ask for the service they're supposed to be providing.

I didn't think of that :) If you are all in the same cluster, you are probably all being serviced by the same hub. It is probably an internal problem that they need to deal with. I'd also send a copy of the letter to our home office so that everyone is on the same page.

If you had something stolen from the hub, FedEx is responsible and HO has to deal with them on the account. Make sure you contact HO on all the issues, and if you have to, ask for a supervisor.

I'm thinking now that's it's been over a month, FE will get things figured out & things will go smoother now. PC has always taken care of us, like someone else said.
The only problem I've had so far, was my supply order got mis-directed. It went from Chicago to Lenexa hub, then went to Minnesota ( I'm in KS). At least it was my order though, & not a customer's.
Hang in there everyone, I've heard lots of people say that FE is very pleased to have our PC account; I'm sure they're working to fix everything....& if they don't, then HO will....that is if we're all reporting our issues with FE!

My UPS Service was betterI have to admit that my UPS man was much more personalble than my "Mystery FedEx Guy". My UPS Man always rang the doorbell and if it was a heavy box he would wait for me to answer and bring it it for me and let my little boy 'help' him.

My FedEx Guy has yet to acknowledge his presence. I've seen him drive down the street and when I looked outside there were my boxes.....he never rings the doorbell or knocks. He has left packages outside near my Garage, next to my Garage Door, by my Front Door....and get this one.....BEHIND MY CAR! I'm a SAHM so I've been here for every delivery, you'd think he'd at least ring the doorbell (oh yeah, there's not one behind my car!:rolleyes: ) I've called and complained, but noting has changed except for where he leaves my stuff. Thankfully everything has arrived safe and sound.

Call HO they are wonderful. They check into every case and handle it appropriately. I know they this because I have received two calls within the last week from them questioning and thanking me about a sticky situation that needed to be dealt with immediately. Pampered Chef is a very ethical company that wants happy customers and consultants. They take theft and fraud seriously.

If you call them they will note it and take care of right away. Let HO know what is going on and you will be amazed with the results! Like GeorgiaPeach said, it sounds like the theft is coming from the hub.

I read that a lot of people say they are going to call but I don't think many are following through. Home Office really needs to be aware of every situation to be able to fix it. Your voice does make a difference. Please. Call.

Chefgirl2 said:
Call HO they are wonderful. They check into every case and handle it appropriately. I know they this because I have received two calls within the last week from them questioning and thanking me about a sticky situation that needed to be dealt with immediately. Pampered Chef is a very ethical company that wants happy customers and consultants. They take theft and fraud seriously.

If you call them they will note it and take care of right away. Let HO know what is going on and you will be amazed with the results! Like GeorgiaPeach said, it sounds like the theft is coming from the hub.

I read that a lot of people say they are going to call but I don't think many are following through. Home Office really needs to be aware of every situation to be able to fix it. Your voice does make a difference. Please. Call.

I have compleined to HO.....they tell me to call FedEx. Mine hasn't been theft related.....more annoying than anything else. I've called FedEx too, they said that they would speak to the driver....either they haven't or he's not listening. I'm calling again in a few minutes about my delivery from the other day.

Linda,
That would annoy me too. My UPS Guy's fill in would leave boxes by my garage instead of the front door. My husband knocked one into the bushes backing out of the garage. Luckily, it was just paperwork.

I was home all day yesterday and didn't know I had a box delivered until my husband brought it in last night. At least it wasn't raining. I hope PC gets FedEx to at least ring the doorbell. I don't need them to carry it in the house. Just let me know it's here.

On the otherhand, maybe that is how they can deliver our packages at a reasonable rate. They don't have the personal service, but they are fast and so far (to me) efficient. None of my boxes have been damaged - which happened a lot with UPS. When I saw that UPS's costs went up around Christmas I was thinking our shipping was going to go sky high. I was praying that we wouldn't have a flat percentage of sales fee or raise the rate a lot.

I like being able to say that shipping is still only $4. Soon I'll be adding "If you want it faster then have it shipped directly to your door for only a few dollars more!"

I hope you can hunt your guy down and tell him exactly what you want. And he listens... Good luck!

Well I know in the case where it was stolen from the HUB...FE payed for it....they had too. The other problems are it's taking longer for our packages, and packages missing that were supposedly dropped off. These aren't my problems so I don't know how they've been handled yet until proly our next cluster meeting.
One of my delivery ppl in FE does ring the doorbell so I like that. She's nice. But, the others don't, which I'm not complaining about either....I have two small children which are usually asleep when the doorbell seems to ring and it wakes them....just as long as they leave it at or by the door I'm cool with no doorbell ringing.

The HO problems I've had were customer service...I never seem to get my problem resolved. Like, for example just to get my calendar for 2007 I had to call, my director had to call, AND I had to email before I FINALLY got one in the mail. I was SOO frustrated because I couldn't keep track of appt for March yet and I wanted to book book book! lol
Just little things like that....I just hope it doesn't get worse. That's all.

Chefgirl2 said:
Linda,
That would annoy me too. My UPS Guy's fill in would leave boxes by my garage instead of the front door. My husband knocked one into the bushes backing out of the garage. Luckily, it was just paperwork.

I was home all day yesterday and didn't know I had a box delivered until my husband brought it in last night. At least it wasn't raining. I hope PC gets FedEx to at least ring the doorbell. I don't need them to carry it in the house. Just let me know it's here.

On the otherhand, maybe that is how they can deliver our packages at a reasonable rate. They don't have the personal service, but they are fast and so far (to me) efficient. None of my boxes have been damaged - which happened a lot with UPS. When I saw that UPS's costs went up around Christmas I was thinking our shipping was going to go sky high. I was praying that we wouldn't have a flat percentage of sales fee or raise the rate a lot.

I like being able to say that shipping is still only $4. Soon I'll be adding "If you want it faster then have it shipped directly to your door for only a few dollars more!"

I hope you can hunt your guy down and tell him exactly what you want. And he listens... Good luck!
Well, when I've talked to FedEx on the phone they told me that the delivery people ARE supposed to attempt to deliver in person (knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell).....so far it has not happened. I was in my office the other day when FE came. I watched him pull-up in front of my house, run across my yard with my package in one hand & talking on his cell phone with the other, he droped my package and ran back to his truck. I need to call and complain about that one too. I'm kind of afraid that if I call and complain too much he will start to get snippy with me though.....but then again what's worse....being snippy or being ignored? At least all of my packages are intact.

If you call FedEx the 800 # ask for the manager. If you ask for the Manager they have to give you to the local HUB. I have had to do this twice. Then I called HO. HO really wants us to call and let them know.

So far my experience with FE has been much better than UPS. I had more damaged packages with UPS than I can keep track of! Plus, my FE guy always rings the doorbell and hands me my packages, unlike UPS who just left them in front of my door with no warning they were there!
As far as HO, unfortunately like every company you may reach some unhelpful CS people. Thats the nature of the business and PC is not perfect. I'd say 99% of the time PC is great fantastic company to work for and does take care of their consultants better than any other DS company I know. (Just go on a trip and you'll know what I mean!).
This really is a great company to work and I hope your experiences just get better and better.

I have not had any problems with FE so far what I like about them is I get my packages first. With UPS I was getting my packages at 6:00 at night

I started out with FedEx trouble. (Packages were left all over.) When I asked them to flag my address with delivery instructions, I was told this wasn't possible. I called HO to ask if they could add the instructions to my label. They did this immediately. They emailed me that they had taken care of my request. A couple of weeks later I received a call from a woman at HO, asking if I had any more trouble. She told me that they had talked with FedEx to make sure the problem was taken care of.

Now my packages are delivered where I need them. I LOVE our HO!

I had a problem with my first PC delivery from FedEx. Every delivery before that was brought to my front porch (which is where I want it - covered, secure). The PC delivery was 5-6 boxes and they left them behind my car.

I contacted FedEx and they were very receptive to resolving the issue. Since then all deliveries have been fine. ...Except that they pull into the driveway to deliver and cut the corner driving over the neighbor's grass!

My FedEx guy rings the bell and told me that that's the way he likes to do it and try to give it to you even though we don't sign. He just feels better knowing that the customer received it.

Well I've had nothing but problems wiht Fed Ex. It's different people everytime and they can never find my house and the funniest part about that excuse is that I'm the only house on the road & it's a dead end??? It's happen with everything I've ordered and I've told HO about it. It's been taking at least two weeks to get my packages. Fed Ex finally contacted me about one of the packages and I gave them precise directions not that it's that complicated anyway but the directions were never given to the driver so when i didn't receive the package i called back and had to give them to another lady and i finally got my change over kit a week after i was supposed to receive it. Then this same thing happened with this last order that I received. I contacted HO and ask them how I was supposed to tell customers that they were supposed to receive there orders within ten days like the recipe 4 success says if they werent. So am I just supposed to say I guess you'll have your order in a month or so just to be safe? Boy would I lose business from that. And what if it's near a big holiday and HO promises that something will be delivered by a certain date and it doesn't get there, is my customer going to be compensated for that or am i just going to lose a customer. These are questions that I asked and I haven't gotten a clear answer from HO yet. It's really starting to drive me crazy. I asked them could I pay extra for my customers to have there items shipped UPS, i know sometimes the boxes were messed up but dang it got here on time. JUST MY 2 cents.

Related to Are There Issues with FedEx and Customer Care for Pampered Chef?

1. What is "Not Meaning to Complain But..."?

"Not Meaning to Complain But..." is a popular cookbook and recipe collection created by Pampered Chef. It features delicious and easy-to-follow recipes that are perfect for everyday meals or special occasions.

2. Are the recipes in "Not Meaning to Complain But..." only for use with Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes in "Not Meaning to Complain But..." are designed to be versatile and can be made with a variety of kitchen tools and equipment. However, using Pampered Chef products may enhance the cooking and baking experience.

3. Can I purchase "Not Meaning to Complain But..." in stores?

Currently, "Not Meaning to Complain But..." is only available for purchase through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. Contact your consultant or visit our website to purchase your copy today!

4. Are there any special dietary options in "Not Meaning to Complain But..."?

Yes, "Not Meaning to Complain But..." includes a variety of recipes that cater to dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan. Look for the icons next to each recipe to find options that fit your needs.

5. Can I find healthier options in "Not Meaning to Complain But..."?

Yes, "Not Meaning to Complain But..." features a range of healthy and nutritious recipes that are perfect for those trying to maintain a balanced diet. Look for the "Healthy Choices" icon next to each recipe for healthier options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • LisaJG