• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Having Customers Drop off Adjustments at Fedex/Kinkos?

In summary, the customer was told that she had to drop off the return because the customer lived within 3 miles of a FedEx/Kinkos. The customer offered to pick up the return but was told that she had to wait weeks for what she originally ordered.
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
Now this is a first for me, but tell me if you have encountered this: I called in an adjustment yesterday (called because it was an exchange) and I was told by the Customer Service Rep that since the customer lived within 3 miles of a FedEx/Kinkos that she had to drop of the return. The rep emailed me a document to pass on the the customer that had the return mailing information and the closest FedEx sites.

Is this new? I felt really bad because I keyed in the wrong Item number (1430 instead of 2430--which I think I've only done one other time--GRRR!). I caused this problem to begin with, so to ask her to drop it off, plus the fact that she now has to wait weeks for what she originally ordered (she wanted it for Thanksgiving :() is adding insult to injury. I offered to pick up the item for the customer and drop it off, but she said she'd do it. I am really embarrassed by the whole thing, but offered her 15% off a future purchase and am mailing her a Season's Best.

I'm confused because: A.) This has never happened to me before and B.) I live about a mile from a FedEx/Kinkos and they picked up an adjustment from me last week. :confused:

I have never heard of this but I am not near a FedEx/Kinkos.

This happened to me in May, I think. I was not happy, and I told the HO person on the phone. She said I could request a pick up. It wasn't my fault and it was actually the customer's fault for ordering the wrong thing, but I told HO that if it were me and it wasn't my fault that I wouldn't do it. She really tried to get me to believe that it really wasn't an inconvenience. I really tried to explain to her how "yes" it really is an inconvenience. They trained her well, but I wasn't having any of it. I've not had to deal with it since. I live more like 5 miles from Kinko's so maybe that's why they haven't asked me to drop things off there.

I had them tell me this once and when my customer went there, they knew nothing about accepting it. I had to call again and they finally picked up the item at the gals house. This customer was not close to Kinkos either.

Why is it going to take several weeks? I sure hope not since my customer called that I took her large bar pan to yesterday and it was cracked. I am having the new one sent directly to her house. They said not to return even a portion of the old one.

pcchefjane said:
Why is it going to take several weeks? I sure hope not since my customer called that I took her large bar pan to yesterday and it was cracked. I am having the new one sent directly to her house. They said not to return even a portion of the old one.

It's different if they are doing a replacement. With the exchange, they want to be sure to get back the return before they sent out the other product. I even asked the Customer Service Rep if they could send out the item that the customer had ordered--an A/C/P/S--right away, as the customer had ordered it for Thanksgiving and the the mistake was my fault. She said something like, "Well she's definitely not getting it before Thanksgiving. We need to receive the return before we send anything out, and right now our turnaround time for exchanges is 4-6 weeks."

Ok, not to be devil's advocate here, but I would much rather do that than have them wait for a week for FedUp to pick it up--i had a customer wait last month for 2 weeks. HO kept saying FedUp was telling her it was picked up, but it wasn't....so I'd much rather get the info to her and have her just run it into Kinko's, then I know it was done.

StacieB said:
I had them tell me this once and when my customer went there, they knew nothing about accepting it. I had to call again and they finally picked up the item at the gals house. This customer was not close to Kinkos either.

This exact thing happened to me last March... Fed Ex didn't recognize the reference number they gave us and I had to call back and demand a pick up instead. They said that if there is a Fed Ex/Kinkos within 5 miles they will send you there, but they have never sent me there and I am close to one... It's a policy that they don't seem to enforce.

Nanisu said:
Ok, not to be devil's advocate here, but I would much rather do that than have them wait for a week for FedUp to pick it up--i had a customer wait last month for 2 weeks. HO kept saying FedUp was telling her it was picked up, but it wasn't....so I'd much rather get the info to her and have her just run it into Kinko's, then I know it was done.
That hasn't happened to me. In fact, the opposite happened. They came the very next day after I called. I was very surprised.

They were trying to send one of my customers there once. It was an old lady who was returning the Clock/Timer because she couldn't figure it out, you think she could manage going to Kinkos? NOT!Thankfully, I was going to see her family at an upcoming show, so I just told her to bring it to me and I took care of it.

Nanisu said:

Hmmm...that sounds unusual. EVERY time I have called for an adjustment, FedEx is there the next day. I was thinking that maybe your customer wasn't home and didn't leave the package outside? Maybe not...just a thought.

I was wondering, do you usually call them "FedUp", or was that a Freudian slip? ;) I don't have many problems with FedEx, but from what I've read here some others might agree that FedUp is more suitable!

Last year I was told to drop it off at a FedEx/Kinko's (which there isn't one by me). We have Drop off spots but HO wasn't providing me a label. So I would need to find a location that could pull up the info and print a label.

Plus I had other issues with the person helping me - that when I finally got someone else, they changed it to a FedEx pickup at my house.

I have not had them ask me to drop it by a FedEx Kinkos since then.

It seems very inconsistent.

Related to Ho Having Customers Drop off Adjustments at Fedex/Kinkos?

1. Can I drop off my Pampered Chef product for adjustments at any FedEx/Kinkos location?

Yes, you can drop off your Pampered Chef product for adjustments at any FedEx/Kinkos location. Just make sure to bring your product in its original packaging and any necessary paperwork or receipts.

2. Are there any fees for dropping off my product at FedEx/Kinkos for adjustments?

There may be a small fee for dropping off your product at FedEx/Kinkos for adjustments. This fee will vary depending on the location and the size of your package.

3. How long will it take for my product to be adjusted at FedEx/Kinkos?

The time it takes for your product to be adjusted at FedEx/Kinkos will depend on the type of adjustment needed and the current workload of the location. We recommend calling ahead to inquire about the estimated timeline.

4. Can I drop off multiple products for adjustments at once at FedEx/Kinkos?

Yes, you can drop off multiple products for adjustments at once at FedEx/Kinkos. Just make sure to have all necessary paperwork and receipts for each product.

5. Can I track the status of my product while it is being adjusted at FedEx/Kinkos?

Yes, you can track the status of your product while it is being adjusted at FedEx/Kinkos. You can either track it online using the tracking number provided or contact the location directly for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedgirl3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dsaenz
  • BethCooks4U
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • wadesgirl