• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apologizing for Dropping the Ball on a Customer | My Regretful Experience

In summary, the customer was disappointed that the Consultant did not remember their name and forgot to drop off products. The Consultant offered to pay half of the difference between the discounted price and the original purchase price.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I feel so bad I dropped the ball on a customer today!! I was suppose to met up with her to drop her products off and I spaced it off. She called me to see where I was and as soon as she said her name I remembered :cry: I told her I would drop some goodies into her bag for screwing up but I still feel so bad. I don't think I could apologize enough on the phone to her. I know how I would feel if I was stood up by someone. :(

wadesgirl said:
I feel so bad I dropped the ball on a customer today!! I was suppose to met up with her to drop her products off and I spaced it off. She called me to see where I was and as soon as she said her name I remembered :cry: I told her I would drop some goodies into her bag for screwing up but I still feel so bad. I don't think I could apologize enough on the phone to her. I know how I would feel if I was stood up by someone. :(

I'm sure she'll understand. Throwing in a little something will make her forget real fast! ;)

Aw, don't beat yourself up. You apologized and tried to make it right. We all have days like that sometimes. I've had so many, I've lost count!

One thing I have really come to grips with in this business is I will never be perfect! Most Consultants work really hard in their businesses but we are all human. I always apologize and give them something extra (product or a gift certificate) and then remind myself they are human as well and have probably made a mistake or two in their life. I forgive myself and remind myself how hard I try to do a great job and then move on. No sense beating yourself up, life is too short!!!

It truly does happen to us all. I did a show Friday night with a repeat host. She was excited about getting both the Knife Block Set and the Forged Steak Knives at 60% off. I was working on the show the next morning and realized her show was in April. That meant she had until the end of October to get the booked-from benefit. Dang! I emailed her, though she didn't get that before we closed last night. I was disappointed in myself for not realizing the timing when she scheduled the party. So, I offered to pay half of the difference between her discount and the 60% off price. She understood completely. Plus, she'd already decided to get something less expensive with the 2nd 60% off item.

What does "Dropped the Ball Today!" mean?

"Dropped the Ball Today!" is an expression often used to describe a situation where someone has made a mistake or failed to meet expectations in some way. It can also refer to a missed opportunity or a failure to follow through on something.

Can "Dropped the Ball Today!" be used in a positive context?

While the phrase is typically used to indicate a mistake or failure, it can also be used in a more lighthearted or self-deprecating way. For example, someone might say "I really dropped the ball today!" after making a small error that didn't have significant consequences.

Where did the phrase "Dropped the Ball Today!" originate?

The origins of this phrase are unclear, but it is believed to have originated in sports, particularly in reference to a player failing to catch or handle a ball properly. Over time, it has become a more general expression for making a mistake or failing to do something correctly.

Is "Dropped the Ball Today!" considered a formal or informal expression?

This phrase is generally considered informal and is often used in casual conversation or writing. It may not be appropriate for more formal or professional settings.

Can "Dropped the Ball Today!" be interpreted as offensive?

While the phrase itself is not inherently offensive, it can be interpreted negatively in certain contexts. It is always important to consider the tone and situation before using this expression, as it may be seen as dismissive or disrespectful in some cases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • NMmommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • PCMomto4