• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Customer Used Bad Card... Not Responding.

In summary, the recruit's show was over $700 after getting an outside order for $30. The customer called and hung up, so the recruit is worried the customer is aware she used a bad credit card and won't be able to resolve this issue. The question is, because the show had been submitted already, what will happen if she has to pull this order? She can't afford to front the money for it, and shouldn't have to, but will this affect the host's benefits? Also, if she's able to cancel that order, would she be able to put another in its place to put it back over that $700 mark?
jmwinfree
Hi, I'm writing this post for one of my recruits. I've never been in this situation before, so I was hoping someone would have some advice. My recruit had a show recently and managed to get it up to $700, her biggest show yet. One of the orders she put on the show was an outside order from a customer at a vendor fair. It totaled about $30, but put the show over the $700 mark by about $.50. She submitted the show yesterday, and then got an email last night saying the outside order's credit card was declined. She called the customer, and the customer basically hung up on her, saying she'd call back in an hour. She hasn't heard from her since, and has left another message with her today. Needless to say, she's worried the customer is aware she used a bad credit card and won't be able to resolve this issue. The question is, because the show had been submitted already, what will happen if she has to pull this order? She can't afford to front the money for it, and shouldn't have to, but will this affect the host's benefits? Also, if she's able to cancel that order, would she be able to put another in its place to put it back over that $700 mark? I had advised her to call the customer one more time and tell her she has to submit the show within the next 24 hours, that if she doesn't hear from her by then, her order can't be placed, and also to call the home office at that point to see what could be worked out, but wanted to see if there were any other suggestions here as well. Anything helps. Thanks!

I believe if she has to cancel the order it will affect the show total and I don't think she can put another order in it's place. If she does submit the order and cover it herself in hopes of getting the money she needs to make sure it does NOT get shipped directly to the customer without her getting her payment.

The home office really is the best resource for the answer. I've never had it happen myself. I would ask your team member, though, if she tried re-submitting the card number she has, double-checking everything. I've entered a number (or date, or zip code) incorrectly before.

I just had this happen - it will affect the show total and the host benefits. Not sure about adding another order, you'll have to ask HO about that!

I had this happen recently...what I did was... had them remove their order, and added something to one of the guests orders, or put something in a friends name to make up the difference. Call HO, they'll work with you.

GinaG623 said:
I had this happen recently...what I did was... had them remove their order, and added something to one of the guests orders, or put something in a friends name to make up the difference. Call HO, they'll work with you.

This is good news. So, you were actually able to add an order then? I was worried she wouldn't have that option, and that really sucks for the host who already picked all her incentives. Is that something you specifically had to go through HO to do?

Yes! I called HO and told them that I tried to contact the customer with the declined card and couldn't fix it, and asked HO to remove their order, but then added another order to make up the difference. They were very willing to do that.

you could let the hostess know, and see if she wants to front the money, and then she can collect it from her "guest" before she delivers it.
I have the same situation right now. I submitted the order today, tried to reenter the payment, and contacted the guest and told her she has until tomorrow night to call me back. If she doesn't call me back I will tell the hostess about it and see what she wants to do. Too bad if she is embarrassed. If you are using a bum credit card you know it, and she is messing with other people at that point. If you can't pay for something don't order it. Avoiding the issue does no one any good. I felt bad at first, then I was like "why do I feel bad? I didn't give a bad credit card."
Sorry, I am in a bad mood. My hostess for my party this weekend (was supposed to do a show Friday night, then moved it to Sat) is going to cancel on me. She won't answer calls or e-mails, but she is all over face book commenting on mutual friends statuses. Other friends who sell things told me she was going to flake on me when she booked the party, that she never follows thru, but she sounded so excited about her PC party, and I was excited too. She has been stringing me along. I could have booked other parties. I am jaded.

DebinCincy said:
you could let the hostess know, and see if she wants to front the money, and then she can collect it from her "guest" before she delivers it.
I have the same situation right now. I submitted the order today, tried to reenter the payment, and contacted the guest and told her she has until tomorrow night to call me back. If she doesn't call me back I will tell the hostess about it and see what she wants to do. Too bad if she is embarrassed. If you are using a bum credit card you know it, and she is messing with other people at that point. If you can't pay for something don't order it. Avoiding the issue does no one any good. I felt bad at first, then I was like "why do I feel bad? I didn't give a bad credit card."
Sorry, I am in a bad mood. My hostess for my party this weekend (was supposed to do a show Friday night, then moved it to Sat) is going to cancel on me. She won't answer calls or e-mails, but she is all over face book commenting on mutual friends statuses. Other friends who sell things told me she was going to flake on me when she booked the party, that she never follows thru, but she sounded so excited about her PC party, and I was excited too. She has been stringing me along. I could have booked other parties. I am jaded.

Actually she said that the customer was an order she collected that she just threw on the order. It has nothing to do with the host. And personally I would rather not involve the host as much as possible. It has come down to it that I have to contact the host to let them know that I cannot get a hold of their friend but I ask them if maybe they could get a hold of their friend before I ask them to put their own money up.

Hopefully, she will still hear from her. I mean, something could have come up, after all, and she just hasn't been able to call back yet.
When I have to call someone about a cc, I usually go with the "I need to verify your card number, because I may have entered it incorrectly, since it didn't go thru" route, so I don't come across as "blaming" her. Also, sometimes a card won't go thru the first time if it is also a debit card. You may want to call HO and ask them to try running it again, just in case that is all there is with it....
Good luck!

GinaG623 said:
Yes! I called HO and told them that I tried to contact the customer with the declined card and couldn't fix it, and asked HO to remove their order, but then added another order to make up the difference. They were very willing to do that.

I was in this situation back in April and they wouldn't let me cancel that order and add another, I just had to pay for the order that the card wasn't going thru on to keep the host at the earning level. Maybe it just depends on the rep you get at HO?

meganmcg said:
I was in this situation back in April and they wouldn't let me cancel that order and add another, I just had to pay for the order that the card wasn't going thru on to keep the host at the earning level. Maybe it just depends on the rep you get at HO?

They should have let you cancel the order! I could see them not letting you add another order but there's no way they shouldn't let you cancel the one.

I could have cancelled the order but it would have changed the hosts earned credits, which I didn't want to do. I wanted to take that order off and add an order of things I actually needed but the rep I spoke with said she couldn't change the order.

THe girl just called me back. She said there was nothing wrong with her card, that it must have been my error. I apologized and asked to try again so I could verify the numbers and she was like "fine..." and she gave me a totally different card. Before she had given me a mastercard, this time she was like "do you take Discover?" . Yeah, my error.... whatever. She was very rude. I was as nice as pie to her too. Thanked her for her order, apologized for it "not going thru"
Some people!

DebinCincy said:
THe girl just called me back. She said there was nothing wrong with her card, that it must have been my error. I apologized and asked to try again so I could verify the numbers and she was like "fine..." and she gave me a totally different card. Before she had given me a mastercard, this time she was like "do you take Discover?" . Yeah, my error.... whatever. She was very rude. I was as nice as pie to her too. Thanked her for her order, apologized for it "not going thru"
Some people!

Sounds like she's not one to accept responsibility, and it sounds like you handled it very well and with grace. Good for you!

Thanks for all the responses. I had my recruit call again and leave a message. I think she did a good job. She told her she needed the order by a certain time today (she called last night) and said she understands that things come up. She said if she didn't hear from her today, the customer is welcome to order from her at a later date. Very friendly, no finger pointing. She'll call HO later and see what can be worked out. I'm nervous now about what they will allow her to do, as she can't afford to front the $30 for the order, but does have another lined up if they'll allow it. And the host does not know the customer, which definitely makes it trickier. Will definitely let you all know later.

Best case scenario ... customer calls her back and everything gets fixed and all the worrying is for nothing. :) We'll see.

She was embarassed. When that kind of thing happens, the person has some intent that it could be paid on a given card - occasionally, if the card had been applied that night of the show, it would've worked. The last 3 CC non-accepted issues I had, all had to do with the card not being drawn until a week after the show - when other charges or auto payments drew on their account. One was my wife's boss - stuff happens to everyone.The hissy gal with the Discover card - just roll with the punches. You were right to be nice as pie - always take the high road. Always.Dave Ramsey said "bless others with your business" - every encounter with a customer is a chance to do so. Good luck to you. -Scott

I like that, Scott: "Bless others with your business"

Can the recruit cover it for now, have it rerouted to the host (to save on shipping) and then send it back once she receives it? PC would pay to get it back and the consultant would just be out the original $4.75 shipping. That's if HO won't let her cancel and order something else.

1. What should I do if a customer's card is declined?

If a customer's card is declined, politely ask if they have another form of payment. If they do not, you can either try to run the card again or ask them to contact their bank to resolve the issue.

2. Can I manually enter a customer's credit card information?

Yes, most credit card machines have a manual entry option for situations where the customer's card is not working. However, be sure to obtain additional identification to verify the customer's identity and protect against fraud.

3. What should I do if the customer's card is not responding?

If the customer's card is not responding, try cleaning the magnetic strip on the back of the card and try again. If the issue persists, ask the customer to contact their bank for assistance.

4. Can I still complete the transaction if the customer's card is declined?

It is not recommended to complete the transaction if the customer's card is declined, as this could result in a chargeback or fraud charge. It is best to ask the customer for an alternative form of payment.

5. How can I avoid situations where a customer's card is declined?

To avoid declined cards, be sure to check the expiration date and security code on the card and make sure the customer's account has sufficient funds. It may also be helpful to ask for additional identification to verify the customer's identity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • andrealynne719