• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Customer Connections: Utilizing Customer Contacts on Your PWS

In summary, the director told the summarizer that she never adds the hostess guest list to customer contacts on her PWS. The summarizer told the director that he assumed that was what we were suppose to do since it is an option on the pull down menu. The summarizer also told the director that he only sent out emails for HWC and an open house from this weekend that the flakey Premier Jewelry Lady cancelled last minute. The director told the summarizer that she never does that and to ask other directors if they do. The summarizer then got off the phone--the summarizer feels terrible. Does anyone else add guest to their customer contacts?
MGG
Hi Everybody,
I just got off the phone with my director and I told her that I add the hostess guestlist to customer contacts on my PWS. She told me she never ever does that and it is a betrayal of their trust. I told her I just assumed that was what we were suppose to do since it is an option on the pull down menu. I also told her the only emails I have sent out to people on that is for HWC and an open house from this weekend that the flakey Premier Jewelry Lady cancelled last minute. She said she never does that and to ask other directors if they do. She then got off the phone--I feel terrible. Does anyone else add guest to their customer contacts?
MGG

I don't add the contacts to my PWS, but I don't really use that except for host contacts. I don't consider it a betrayal of their trust, though, especially since you don't seem to automatically start emailing them a newsletter or anything.

I've done it. I don't think it is a betrayal of trust at all. (BTW, that is pretty harsh wording!) I think it's ok because everything I send out has an option to reply and opt out of further emails.

OMG, thank you guys soo much for replying as soon as you did. I really am soo crushed; the last thing on earth I would ever want to do is alienate a hostess. I rarely use Customer Connections because it goes to spam so readily and I never auto sign up anyone to my newsletter. Thank you sooo much for the feedback.

I don't add the guest listI do not add the entire guest list, I only add folks who came to the show or ordered. At this point they are my customers and I can send my newsletter, info, etc.

Robin

Umm... If people give you their phone number or email, they are giving you permission to contact them. And they gave that info knowing it was going to you (the PC Lady).

I'm sorry your Director is so dramatic. If you SOLD those names, THAT would be a betrayal of trust; not letting them know when stoneware is on sale. Sheez.

Here's the thing - WHO gave you the contact info. If the guest gives me their info, I still ask each person if I can add them to my emailing list. If I get the info from the host, I DO NOT add them - it gives me a reason to do CCCs. Also, getting the guest list from the host is much easier if they know I will not use the info for anything other than the show.

I don't add every name and email from my host's guest list. But, if a guest purchases something, I do add it. Basically, I don't phish their guest lists for email addresses, but when I get an email that guest has purchased from a show, I add the email to my list. I'm guessing that's okay?!??

As for other emails, if a guest at a show provides their email info on the door prize slip, then I automatically enter it in my email contacts.

It's funny that you posted this today. I just sent an email out to my contacts about my phone sale this Friday, and I had one person reply and ask to be removed from my mailing list. I guess I've sent out too many emails in the past couple of weeks. (I've sent 3- one offering incentives for booking a July show, the one today about my Friday phone sale, and I just sent out the July newsletter as well.)

What do you all think? Is three emails in the past two weeks excessive??

I add them all on too and I don't send out emails that often but there is a check mark for the guests that say PLEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST so if they dont want any more they will check that box

chef131doreen said:
I add them all on too and I don't send out emails that often but there is a check mark for the guests that say PLEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST so if they dont want any more they will check that box
I add them all. And I respect if they asked to be removed. If there is something extra special, like the new kit program, I send something out. I usually just send out my monthly newsletter. Which, BTW, I had someone respond that they wanted to order. And this was someone who was invited to a show, couldn't make it, and didn't place an outside order. So, as long as you don't take advantage of it, that's fine.

And, like Kate does, I use them as CCCs. I'll f/u to an email I sent. "Hey, did you get my newsletter? What did you think? Any suggestions?"

Related to Boosting Customer Connections: Utilizing Customer Contacts on Your PWS

1. How can I become a part of the Pampered Chef Customer Connections program?

To become a part of the Customer Connections program, you must first be a customer of Pampered Chef. Simply sign up for a customer account on our website and you will automatically be enrolled in the program.

2. What are the benefits of being a part of the Customer Connections program?

As a member of the Customer Connections program, you will have access to exclusive deals, promotions, and discounts on our products. You will also receive early access to new product releases and the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions directly to our team.

3. Is there a fee to join the Customer Connections program?

No, there is no fee to join the Customer Connections program. It is completely free for all Pampered Chef customers.

4. Can I earn rewards or points through the Customer Connections program?

At this time, the Customer Connections program does not offer rewards or points. However, we do offer exclusive deals and discounts for our members.

5. How often will I receive communication from the Customer Connections program?

You will receive occasional emails from the Customer Connections program, including updates on new products, promotions, and other special offers. We value your privacy and will not send excessive emails or share your information with third parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Jessamary