• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent No Response From Customer for Order Confirmation?

In summary, the customer wants the order to be processed, but is hesitant to submit it without speaking to the customer first. The customer is worried about the possible reaction of the customer.
andrealynne719
UGH. Have someone who ordered from me through a friend and gave CC info but not address - want to submit show tonight and she hasn't responded to emails or calls (been trying since Sunday) - I got her address off Whitepages.com but I'm hesitant to submit without at least speaking to her and giving her a total (I left total with direct shipping and with ship to host on her voicemail).
I'm contemplating just submitting with direct shipping and paying the difference (it's only $1.75) because it pushes my host up to another reward level. I don't want to wait for her to get back to me cause god knows when that'll be - I even emailed the friend who called me with the order and her CC info to see if SHE could get a hold of her and have her call me.
She wasn't a customer from my host - actually she was through a past host. So my host doesn't know about this order that could push her over, so used rewards on the lower level.
What do you guys think? Should I just take the order off, and put it in as an individual order when I hear back? Or assume that since she knew the pre-tax/shipping total, and gave her friend her credit card number to give to me, that she is okay with spending the money?

GAH!

does she live close to you or the host? why is it getting shipped direct? if she lived close i would have it shipped to the past host she knows or to you. then you could hold it until you got her address. she gave you her cc info so i would charge it to her but i wouldn't send it to an address i got off whitepages.com just in case it's a different person.

She has a VERY uncommon name so that's not so much a concern. She's not that far from me - only about an hour or so - past host is an hour or so in other direction. I decided to just put her in as an individual order when I hear back from her - I'd rather do that and avoid any issues. If I had told my current host about the order I might feel differently, but luckily that's not an issue.

Why wouldn't you put it on your host's show and have it shipped to you? That way you have it, when you get hold of her she can meet you half way to pick it up. Your host gets more stuff....either way you get commission but at least this way you have a happy host.

I would tell the host that it can put her into the next level & give HER the task of providing a shipping address to you! If she wants the extra host benefits, I promise you she'll get an address for you!!! ;)

Sheila said:
I would tell the host that it can put her into the next level & give HER the task of providing a shipping address to you! If she wants the extra host benefits, I promise you she'll get an address for you!!! ;)

But I think she said the host didn't know this person or even know about the order, the order had come from a friend of the past host...

I'm not sure what I'd do. With the credit card info I think I'd have it sent to the past host who have you the order, or to the host with the rest of the show and have it go from the past host to this person, her friend. She may not want to be contacted by you, or may just be really busy. But since she gave the order and her payment info, you should process it for her and doing it this way helps out the new host as well :)

If the "friend" knows the host & the customer in question, I'm sure the host can pull some strings to get that friend to help get the necessary info on the customer. ;)

Added note: If you think the customer lives close to that friend, ship it to her! LOL

Did the friend order from the same party? If so, I'd just have it go with the friend's order. Tell the host that jane will take jill's order, yada yada. Of course, I'd check with Jane first but I'd assume that Jane has this all worked out with Jill since she brought you the credit card info.

She is a friend of the past host - does not know the current host. Past host lives about two hours away from her.My bigger issue is that I just don't feel comfortable running a credit card without speaking to the person, or at least emailing, to make sure they know the total. I'm just going to process as an individual order. As far as my current host, she didn't know about this order so didn't factor it into her rewards, so that's not a big deal. Also, once I did the math, turns out it wouldn't have pushed her all the way up to a new level, so oh well. I was just frustrated and tired last night and HATE when people don't get back to you. UGH.Thanks for all the ideas guys

andrealynne719 said:
She is a friend of the past host - does not know the current host. Past host lives about two hours away from her.My bigger issue is that I just don't feel comfortable running a credit card without speaking to the person, or at least emailing, to make sure they know the total. I'm just going to process as an individual order. As far as my current host, she didn't know about this order so didn't factor it into her rewards, so that's not a big deal. Also, once I did the math, turns out it wouldn't have pushed her all the way up to a new level, so oh well. I was just frustrated and tired last night and HATE when people don't get back to you. UGH.Thanks for all the ideas guys
Have you talked to the past host about this? She may see her often enough to take it. If the guest wanted it direct shipped she'd have given you an address.

I tried calling and emailing past host too and never got a response. I know they live about 2 hrs away from each other though so I'm not thinking they see each other much.

Personally, I think you did the right thing. If she was willing to pay direct shipping then wait until you get her address. I would not like the responsibility of having someone's product that lives over 1 hour away. I am much too busy for the $10 commission it will bring to drive that far with $4/gal gas. Plus, you still do not know where she lives so now you have the stress of trying to find her and have her product. I also would not feel comfortable running someone's card without talking to them about the total charge. I would wait until I got a hold of her before submitting her order. On the bright side, it will boost your June sales.

I talked to her last night and she decided to hold off til June and host a show! WOOO!!

1. Why haven't I received a response from the customer for my order confirmation?

There could be a few reasons why the customer has not responded to your order confirmation. They may have not seen the email, are busy with other priorities, or have not had a chance to review the confirmation yet. It's also possible that the customer is waiting for more information before confirming the order.

2. How long should I wait for a response from the customer before following up?

It is generally recommended to wait 2-3 business days before following up with the customer for a response on the order confirmation. This allows them enough time to review the confirmation and respond if necessary. However, if the order is time-sensitive, it may be appropriate to follow up sooner.

3. What should I do if I don't receive a response from the customer for the order confirmation?

If the customer does not respond after a reasonable amount of time, it's best to follow up with a polite email or phone call. You can also try reaching out through other channels such as a direct message or social media if applicable. If all attempts to contact the customer fail, you may need to consider cancelling the order or finding alternative solutions.

4. Is it common for customers to not respond to order confirmations?

It is not uncommon for customers to not respond to order confirmations, especially if they have made the purchase through a busy online marketplace. However, it is always best to follow up and ensure that the customer has received and confirmed the order to avoid any potential issues or misunderstandings.

5. How can I make it easier for customers to respond to order confirmations?

One way to make it easier for customers to respond to order confirmations is by providing clear and concise instructions in the confirmation email. This could include a deadline for confirmation, a preferred method of response, and a reminder of the importance of confirming the order. You can also offer incentives for customers who respond promptly, such as a discount or free shipping on their next purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • chefsteph07