• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Understanding My Customers' Issues & Supply Order Chaos

In summary, the customer received a product in December but did not like it and wanted it exchanged. The customer contacted the company to adjust the product and credit card information was given. FedEx came and picked up the product but the customer told the company that she still has not received the new product. The customer called HO and was told that she owes a balance. The problem was solved when the rep realized that the customer had received the return in 3 days and the order had not been processed. The order was processed and the customer received a credit. The customer placed a supply order and the order was held because the customer owes money. The order was processed and the customer received a credit. The customer did not know how HO's system worked and
amy07
Please help me to understand this:

I had a customer who received a product in December. She did not like it and wanted it exchanged. I phoned in the product adjustment and gave the credit card information for the difference in price. FedEx came and picked up the product, but just this week when I called to check on everything the customer told me that she still has not received the new product. I call HO and they told me that she owes a balance. WHAT?!?! Then they checked the notes, and said "Oh, wait we have the credit card". This type of scenario has happened several times to several different customers.

Then, I placed a supply order. A HO rep calls to tell me that my order is on hold because I OWE money and how did I want to handle it, with PC Debit, credit or commission adjustment. I asked her how I could possibly owe money that P3 would not submit if it were not correct. So we went line by line on my supply order. She said she'd call back. Apparently, they were going to substitute Fall catalogs for winter (no big deal), and that they were less $$ so that was the price difference - but still it was to my favor - why hold the order? So, I go to check shipment status and it is not showing up! Why?!?! Because the rep NEVER released it! This is killing me!

I really don't want to whine about this and I know that it must be difficult on the reps to deal with all the changes, but this is driving me crazy! Who would I even talk with about this?

Call the Solution Center and ask for a supervisor or contact your Sales Manager.

I have been waiting for a credit for 3 weeks and it hasn't came through yet. I am beginning to wonder where or when it will arrive cause I told them to apply it back to my debit card.

christinaspc said:
I have been waiting for a credit for 3 weeks and it hasn't came through yet. I am beginning to wonder where or when it will arrive cause I told them to apply it back to my debit card.

I floated payment for a host (bad host/bad idea!) I had the items shipped to me thankfully! She never paid so I had HO pick them up. Took just over a month for my reimbursement.

what I couldn't understand was that HO received the return in 3 days (I verified it). Whatever their system is, it took 4 more weeks for them to process the return :(

I know linda it doesn't make sense to me and this last 3 returns I did was so messed up I just wanted to pull my hair cause they put the wrong products with them and called me saying I didn't return all the right things and then when they looked a bit closer they noticed I did but then when it came to the return they were right on and yet I am still waiting for the return.

pamperedlinda said:
what I couldn't understand was that HO received the return in 3 days (I verified it). Whatever their system is, it took 4 more weeks for them to process the return :(

I don't know HO's system on this one, but here is what happens with our company:

1. Sent back...we receive more stuff in than our local post office can handle so they hold it 60 miles away at the next biggest PO. They show it "received locally" if the customer has a tracking number on it.

2. It arrives 2-3 days after it shows received when they can handle getting it to us or have trucks available.

3. We receive it in within 2-3 days. Even with RMA numbers, it takes a bit to open a package, bring up and order, inspect the products and determine "true" routing of them. Sometimes people say unopened and it is opened, etc.

4. Disposition is entered in the system. This goes to the CC who has to review the case and determine payment methods and refund and enter that order.

5. If not a "credit on file", it has to wait for the next "payment schedule" to go out to the person.

Incoming orders get hourly processing on payment, outgoing from companies are less frequent. It would cost too much to the company to process those on a non-cyclical basis.

Like I said, I don't know how HO does it but they probably have some similar situations.

P.S. We put our "oldest" warehouse employees (tenure-wise) usually in returns. It takes a lot to know 10-15,000 SKUs efficiently. There is a lot less with PC but still a lot to remember and deal with.

I returned somethign the next day that it arrived (came after Xams customer wanted a refund) . Next day pick up on Dec 27th. I still have not received credit for the item. And I called twice for the status. So they say next week, so that will be 1 month.

Last edited:
I did an exchange at the beginning of December and they received the item on Dec. 4th. My host never received anything so I emailed Solution center to see what was up and they got back to me after christmas. They emailed back saying it got put off to the side and they were sending it to be shipped out. January came and my host still had nothing. Called HO and it still was put off to the side and the lady I talked to didn't understand why it wasn't shipped out immediately. Finally my host received the item last week!!

I had a problem with a fundraising check. It was sent to the wrong address which I knew when I submitted the order. I called and had a stop pay put on the check. I also confirmed that the check had been received and destroyed. Six weeks later, they still hadn't received the replacement check. When I called for a third time, I was told they had to stop pay the check. I told them it was done on my first call. It took a fourth call to finally get it issued. I also had contacted them about the wrong address before the shipment was made and was told it was updated. Not!!! That only took me a week to resolve. Lesson learned--double check the address.

I'm still waiting on a credit from a show from October... granted I haven't been the most diligent in following up.

NooraK said:
I'm still waiting on a credit from a show from October... granted I haven't been the most diligent in following up.

I would soo be calling them to find out where it's at!:eek:

DebbieJ said:
Call the Solution Center and ask for a supervisor or contact your Sales Manager.

I just wanted to add that I took Deb's advice and called. The supervisor was wonderful, VERY professional, and VERY kind. I'm still bothered that my supply order was held up, but I do expect it to ship out with a quicker delivery time/service. :thumbup:

heat123 said:
I would soo be calling them to find out where it's at!:eek:

It's less than $10, and it's a return, not an exchange, so it hasn't been at the top of my list. ;)

Still, $10 is $10 and it's been over two months! :(

1. What are some common issues that customers face with their orders?

Some common issues that customers may face with their orders include incorrect or missing items, damaged products, delayed shipping, and difficulty navigating the website or ordering process.

2. How can I help my customers resolve issues with their orders?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can provide excellent customer service by addressing any issues promptly and professionally. This may involve reaching out to the company's customer service team or personally following up with the customer to find a solution.

3. How can I prevent supply order chaos?

One way to prevent supply order chaos is to stay organized and on top of inventory. This may involve regularly checking stock levels and placing orders in a timely manner. Additionally, clearly communicating with customers about any potential delays or backorders can help manage their expectations.

4. Can I offer refunds or exchanges for damaged or incorrect items?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the ability to offer refunds or exchanges for damaged or incorrect items. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures for handling these types of issues.

5. How can I improve my understanding of my customers' needs and preferences?

One way to improve your understanding of your customers' needs and preferences is to actively listen to their feedback and suggestions. You can also ask for their input during parties or events and use surveys or questionnaires to gather information. Additionally, staying up to date on product knowledge and participating in training sessions can help you better understand your customers and their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • chefsteph07