• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Supplies: Help! How Much to Order?

In summary, it sounds like you should order the following supplies: 100 Spring/Summer catalogs, 1 order of the new reusable bags, 10 new Seasons Best pack, and 1 pk Twix-its and 1 pk Hold N Slices for prizes for the host and games.
slapsappyhappy
Silver Member
Hello,

I am a new consultant and just became qualified (yay!). This is my first season ordering supplies on my own. Last season (Fall/Winter) I ordered the business building package and I had the new consultant kit, and I have about 25 catalogs left over. Now I am placing my first spring supply order and I do not know how much to order at a time.

So far I am ordering the pack of 100 Spring/Summer catalogs, 1 order of the new reusable bags, 10 new Seasons Best pack, and 1 pk Twix-its and 1 pk Hold N Slices for prizes for the host and games.

I am just concerned because the order is already up to $90 without ordering spices, dips, or sauces and without a lot of prizes. Also I have some extra receipts so I hope I get the free pack from HO b/c that would be an extra expense. Is that a lot to spend on supplies? It is a lot of money to me (a teacher) and I am just nervous b/c I want to make sure I am getting the right things. Should I get mini catalogs too? I have 3 parties in March and 2 in April so far. I just don't want to be stuck with not enough supplies and regret not ordering it now!

Also there are 2 numbers for certain products with different prices (ex Hold N Slice pk 5 #6995 is $11.25 and Hold N Slice pk 5 JM24 is $12. Can I still use the lower priced number and see if it works or just be safe and go with the more expensive one?

How much does everyone usually spend on supplies? Please let me know b/c I would like to place the order but I want to make sure I am getting the correct supplies. Is there anything else I am forgetting? Thank you in advance!:chef:

I would buy more SBs and leave off the other things. Duska Mills, who is a SD and Circle of Honor achiever says that catalogs are the most important thing to spend money on. The mini-catalogs are being used as invitations with a lot of success...there is even a video on the PC website from Nancy Jo Ryan about the outside sales doubling for some of her downline who are using them. I plan on using them for all invitations for Cooking Shows.Hang in there! You are doing great! It just takes a while to make money at this. Be sure and keep ALL your receipts!

It sounds like you're on the right track for your supplies! It's easy to overdo. As your season progresses, don't forget that you can always order more as you use things up. My first supply order of the season is always the biggest one.

Here is a document that Duska sends out that might help. The best thing you could do is speak to fellow consultants in your area. They are a great resource for the trends that affect your business. Be sure to ask your Director what she recommends as well.

Oh, btw, my first supply order of the season tends to be about $200. I try to order for the whole season though. I do not usually have to order again (if I do it is for more catalogs).

Attachments

• Paperwork-Supply order tips spring 2008[1].doc
    148 KB · Views: 377
I usually spend about that much at the season change over time. You have to get new catalogs, SB, etc. As for buying other things, don't feel like you need to give away the bank for certain things. For door prizes, I keep it to the cheaper items, twix-it clips, citrus peelers and pan scrapers. You can place an order any time you want so don't worry about having to buy it all now. You can order once a month at the $4.25 shipping price and then any other time during the month it's the individual shipping price.You should have possibly earned some PC$ by now, you can use those towards your supply orders.

I wish I could stop spending my PC dollars! I used them to get the Sample Package A so I could have all the new spring products. I need to save them for the Kit Enhancement month and also supply orders.

Once you get past 90 days are there any other opportunities to earn PC dollars?

Once in a while they have opportunities to earn PC$ but not that often. Honestly I would use the PC$ to help out your business - ie, buy supplies. I have never even used my kit enhancement months ever. I prefer to hold shows or collect orders every once in a while to get things that I want that way rather than spending money.

I do that, too - do a consultant as host show and use the host benefits to get things. I use those host benefits to get things to use as door prizes, too (like SBRCs).

What about the mini catalogues, is it better to get the postcard invitations at 40 for $1.00 or the mini catalogues at 25 for $3.00. Economically it makes more sense to get the postcard invites but if it really makes that much of a difference I will invest in the mini catalogues. What do you think?

The great thing about this business is that you don't have to spend alot of money to run your business.

It can be very tempting to spend money on all kinds of extras, but until you start actually making money consistently, I would hold off on those items.

I've discovered that I don't NEED all of the new products when they come out. Most of them never even make it to a show. Thankfully, I earned most of the new products, but I'm not worried about the ones I don't have. I did buy a few things, but that's because they are things that I either knew I would want to take to a show, or because I wanted them for my own kitchen.

I used just postcard invitations for the first 5 years of my business, and did fine. I love having the mini's now to use, but if I had to cut something out, I know that I could go back to just postcards, and still do fine.

I only buy the new products if I will actually use them in my own kitchen. And then I try to either earn them or host my own show to get them for free.

As for supplies I buy 100 catalogs. I usually have some left over but it is cheaper in the long run for me to go ahead and buy the 100 instead of buying 25 at a time and paying shipping each time. I buy about 4 or 5 things of post cards. Most all of my host only ever want 20 cards. I do 2 or 3 shows a month. Some of my host are repeat host and they just call their friends and do not even send invites or I will send them an invitation I put in an email for them to send.

I buy the P3 receipts when I get extras over what I already have.

If I have a hostess who is giving me what I ask for in terms of a guest list - at least 40 people - then I will send the postcard invitations but if I have a hostess that is really struggling with her guest list or is convinced she doens't need to invite that many people and only gives me 20-30 names, then I use the mini-catalogs in hopes of bumping up attendance and outside orders.

1. How do I know how much of each supply to order?

To determine how much of each supply to order, consider how often you use each item and how quickly you go through it. It may also be helpful to keep track of your usage over a period of time to get a better idea of your needs.

2. Is there a minimum order requirement for supplies?

There is no minimum order requirement for supplies. You can order as little or as much as you need.

3. Can I mix and match supplies in one order?

Yes, you can mix and match supplies in one order. You can choose any combination of supplies that you need.

4. Are there any discounts for bulk orders of supplies?

Yes, we offer discounts for bulk orders of supplies. The discount amount may vary depending on the quantity ordered and the specific supplies. Please contact your consultant for more information.

5. How long does it take for supplies to be delivered?

The delivery time for supplies can vary depending on your location and the availability of the items you ordered. Your consultant will be able to provide you with a more specific estimate of delivery time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • heather223