• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Care and 3-2-1 Confession

In summary, if you haven't started doing CCC's, it's time to start. You can follow the advice in the teleclass and call to thank them for their order and provide helpful tips.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have a confession to make....I have NEVER made a Customer Care Call :eek: nor have I done the 3-2-1 :eek: I have always gotten my bookings at my shows and I've had a few recruits. Until now that has been enough for me. Well, now that I'm kicking-it-up I need to start the CCC and get committed to the 3-2-1. Problem is, I have no idea what to say when I call. How do I open the conversation? What should I say? I've tried a few conversations in my head and they all sound kinda dorky. Help me out with some advice please!

I've had 134 shows so you can figure that I've got several hundred customers to check-in with - some of them are bound to book a show....I hope.

I've challenged myself to start doing this. I sent my newsletter out today and told everyone that I would be calling to check-in with them so I need to get on it in the next few days - below is what I said.

excerpt from my newsletter:

Let’s Chat!
How are you doing? How much do you LOVE your Pampered Chef products? Do you have any special tips to share? Do you need a new recipe? Do you need any replacement parts? Are you engaged (or maybe you know someone who is)? Are you ready to host your own show and earn some great products for free? Would you like to join my team? I want to know so I’m going to call and ask you!
Over the next few weeks look for a phone call from me (if I have your number). Everyone I talk to will be entered in a drawing for a Pampered Chef product from the new Spring & Summer Catalog.
If you call me first – and book a March or April show with me, I’ll reward you with 25% more in free Host products! Just think, if you host a $700 show you would normally receive $140 in free products – I will raise that to $175!!! Contact me now and let’s start planning.

Thanks!

There is a customer care outline behind CC plus Prospecting Word Choices on the Printable Materials CD. That should get you started. :)

I very recently took the teleclass on CCC's. The best advice I got from that class was always call with a tip for them. They hear you talk about a product at a show and you say something interesting that sparks them to buy it, but usually they get home and can't remember why they wanted it.
If they bought a citrus press, remind them to put the lemon in the right way.
If they bought a garlic press, remind them that they don't have to peel the garlic.
If they bought stoneware, ask them what they have made in it so far. Then you can give them more ideas of how to use it.

The purpose of a Customer Care Call
1. Build relationships
2. Add value by providing new info
3. Provide an endless source of new leads

What to accomplish on a CCC
1. Thank them for ordering
2. Provide a helpful tip
3. Invite them to host or consider the business
4. Plan your next contact

Key question:
Were you able to get everything you wanted at the show?
No? Why don't you have your own show and earn it all free?

If they say no, always ask for a referral or ask if it is a "No not now or a No not ever".

Be prepared (what to have available before you start your calls):
Calendar with available dates
Their recent and past order history
Next months specials
A calculater
Drawing slips (to write info on)
Catalog
Pen
A positive attitude!

Hope this helps!:D

OMG, Linda it's as if you were writing my story! However, I tried CCC my first year after a few months but found I was completely petrified of this part of my business, then let it go to the way side.
I am now focusing on really trying to build a better business and CCC is going to be a HUGE stepping stone I think (with potential to grow my bookings calander, team and gaining a loyal customer)! I have it in my calander to start these this weekend. Maybe start off slow like 1x a week, then 2, then make it a dailey habit. And eventually do the 3*-2-*1 like clock work!

Good luck and Thanks Cindy for those great tips and ideas!

I really need to do better about CCC's too! I have gotten kind of "lazy" in the last month or so, but I am like you - I am ready to jump start my biz back up. Keep us posted on how you are doing. (I may have to borrow your email to get myself going).

Linda, I liked your wording in your newsletter.....I may have to "borrow" that for my Feb one! It makes you accountable for your calls that way. I have done the calls, but not consistently. I need to do better too.

Thanks Lacey. I figured that would make me accountable and give them a heads up that I'd be calling. And maybe it will give me an idea of how many people actually read my newsletter (I posed it in the Feb newsletter thread if you want to see the whole thing). I sent it yesterday morning and have already had 3 people contact me. One booked a show and 2 needed replacements.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Lacey. I figured that would make me accountable and give them a heads up that I'd be calling. And maybe it will give me an idea of how many people actually read my newsletter (I posed it in the Feb newsletter thread if you want to see the whole thing). I sent it yesterday morning and have already had 3 people contact me. One booked a show and 2 needed replacements.

Wow! That is great that they are contacting you. I think I will just have to do like you did and that will make me do it. Only, problem is that I have so many contacts - it will be a challenge to get to them all. I guess it will have to be like the 100 No's! I will have to do like Lynn Conway said at conference - reward myself after so many no's.

mpkegley said:
Wow! That is great that they are contacting you. I think I will just have to do like you did and that will make me do it. Only, problem is that I have so many contacts - it will be a challenge to get to them all. I guess it will have to be like the 100 No's! I will have to do like Lynn Conway said at conference - reward myself after so many no's.
Ditto here! That's great Linda, I will have to borrow it for my March NL!

That is a great idea...letting them know that you'll be calling. I have a ton of contacts too and have NOT been great about ccc. I send a monthly email and several do know that whenever they need me, I'm here. But whenever I simply make a ccc people are very thankful esp since I'm not asking them to book unless the conversation leads to that. SO many people don't really that a catalog show IS a show so be sure to mention that option too. I have a lot of people say they do not do shows and are NOT interested. I say well, if you ever see a host special you can't pass up and want to pass a catalog around, let me know. They say, Oh...I can just pass a catalog? Well, I can do THAT! I laugh and say...well, that's a show too! I don't mind the calls. I just make it too much of a production. I want to do them in my office, but my office needs to be cleaned. Who do I call? What dates are really open in my calendar? I hate setting dates. I don't know what will come up and really should just decide that I do shows on Tuesdays & Thursdays or something. I KNOW if I was more organized (which I am...but not in my home office for some reason), I'd do much better with my business even though I really am pretty happy with where it is.No, not looking for a fix b/c I probably know the answers, but it's nice to "say it out loud".

Jules711 said:
I don't mind the calls. I just make it too much of a production. I want to do them in my office, but my office needs to be cleaned. Who do I call? What dates are really open in my calendar? I hate setting dates. I don't know what will come up and really should just decide that I do shows on Tuesdays & Thursdays or something. I KNOW if I was more organized (which I am...but not in my home office for some reason), I'd do much better with my business even though I really am pretty happy with where it is.

That sounds just like me! Nice to know I'm not alone. :)

Jules711 said:
That is a great idea...letting them know that you'll be calling. I have a ton of contacts too and have NOT been great about ccc. I send a monthly email and several do know that whenever they need me, I'm here. But whenever I simply make a ccc people are very thankful esp since I'm not asking them to book unless the conversation leads to that. SO many people don't really that a catalog show IS a show so be sure to mention that option too. I have a lot of people say they do not do shows and are NOT interested.

I say well, if you ever see a host special you can't pass up and want to pass a catalog around, let me know. They say, Oh...I can just pass a catalog? Well, I can do THAT! I laugh and say...well, that's a show too!

I don't mind the calls. I just make it too much of a production. I want to do them in my office, but my office needs to be cleaned. Who do I call? What dates are really open in my calendar? I hate setting dates. I don't know what will come up and really should just decide that I do shows on Tuesdays & Thursdays or something. I KNOW if I was more organized (which I am...but not in my home office for some reason), I'd do much better with my business even though I really am pretty happy with where it is.

No, not looking for a fix b/c I probably know the answers, but it's nice to "say it out loud".

Are you reading my mind? Those are some of the same conversations I've had with myself! LOL

DS's b'day party is Sunday and I've got a show on Sat. and tons to do between now and then. I am planning to start my CCC on Monday....I promise!

OOOhh...I feel better. I knew I wasn't the only one feeling that way, but it's nice to see it. I'm a procrastinator...I admit it!

I am not very good at making CCC's. I know it's a good thing to do- if only my fingers and mouth would work together and actually do it! I get so nervous and feel like a bumbling fool when I do try it.
I like some of the ideas posted here (100 no's etc.) I think I will give it a try-
Thanks for being honest and sharing with us!

Jules711 said:
OOOhh...I feel better. I knew I wasn't the only one feeling that way, but it's nice to see it. I'm a procrastinator...I admit it!

Me, too! I saw this thread yesterday and was going to post, but, well, I'm a procrastinator!

I get so chicken when I call folks. I called a dear friend of mine yesterday to ask her if she would ever consider selling pc and I ended up talking for an hour about our kids and never mentioned it.

Oh yeah...you can NOT start ccc with friends and family. You talk to them anyway and they know you'll take care of them. I know b/c I used to do that when I was trying to book shows and it just didn't work!

I think that literally writing up a script an practicing it a few times to yourself and then pick up the phone. Eventually, it will get more natural. You can even start by saying I decided that I want to provide better service so bear with me since you are of the very first people I wanted to call. That may put them at ease b/c they won't interpret any actual nervousness (you probably don't sound like you think) as you waiting to ask if they want to do a show. In fact...maybe the first few, just ask about the products, offer to send your newsletter (if you do one), tell them about the current guest special and such. Then if you are comfy, ask about hosting. You'll be fine. Just decide to do several in a row. See...I KNOW what to do :indif:

What is Customer Care and how can I contact them?

Customer Care is a department within Pampered Chef that handles customer inquiries, concerns, and feedback. You can contact them through phone, email, or live chat on our website.

What is 3-2-1 Confession and how does it work?

3-2-1 Confession is a feature on our website where customers can share their favorite recipes, tips, and tricks with other Pampered Chef users. It works by submitting your confession through our website and it will be featured on our social media pages.

How do I make a return or exchange for a product?

To make a return or exchange for a product, please contact our Customer Care team. They will assist you with the process and provide instructions on how to return the product.

What is the warranty for Pampered Chef products?

We offer a limited lifetime warranty on most of our products. If you encounter any issues with your product, please contact our Customer Care team for assistance.

Can I cancel or change my order after it has been placed?

If you need to make any changes or cancel your order, please contact our Customer Care team as soon as possible. They will do their best to accommodate your request, but please note that orders are processed quickly and changes may not be possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007