• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holy Sh**...What Am I Going to Do!!

In summary, someone stole $250 worth of product from Darby, who does not know anyone in her new neighborhood well enough to ask them to get the product for her.
Praise God!!!! Thanks for not giving up and continuing to pursue this until you got someone who would listen. I think we've all learned valuable things from this and I'm sure HO has as well. Congratulations!

pamperedlinda said:
Woo hoo! I am so happy!

It's a shame though that you had to go through SO MUCH grief before you got the resolution that you deserved! Hopefully this will be a training issue that HO takes up in the very near future,.

Thanks also to the Elaine (Chefgirl2) who posted where to take this too!

ELAINE!!!! Yes, that is who I could not remember who posted it!!

THANK YOU ELAINE! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

WOW...where Have I been. I missed all this. HOLY CRAP. Thank god. I am sooo glad this worked out for you DARBY..that is just awful......HOLY BAM BAM!!!!!! PHEW!!!!

You were just busy selling the crap out of some PC products Jilley!!

That's just awesome news Darby!!!

I am so happy Darby that this horrible nightmare is just about over.. I couldn't understand why you got such a run around from HO. Please be sure to leave this person's name and number somewhere handy. You know the expression if you have it you'll never need it!

HUGS from NH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome news!

Great News, Darby! I am glad to have helped:)

The really good outcome is now we all know where to go when in doubt. If we ask they do listen. So if we hear someone is frustrated and things don't seem fair tell them to call the home office. They are wonderful and they really do want us to succeed!

I'm so glad you called:)

Thanks Elaine for having the know how of who to contact! This really is making everyone happy again!!!!!!!!

Pampered Laura said:
It saddens me to see a couple consultants get on the "PC is mistreating us" bandwagon... this is SERIOUSLY an isolated incident. Most of us "vets" have NEVER heard of such a thing before, and are truly shocked that HO would say that there's nothing they can do. Most of us lament on and on at our shows about how incredible our customer service is - because it's true. We can stand up and say "Oh, they'll help us - no problem!" with 100% confidence - because its true.

The Home Office is known for going above and beyond the call of duty for us in the field, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will make this right. It is taking longer than it should, yes. But I know they will get it done.

PC is not a company that lets it's consultants hang out to dry. Let's not jump on the "Doris isn't in charge" thing... she is in charge. There's not much that goes on without Doris' approval. The financial backbone and investment strategies is not all Doris anymore, but the ethics and the integrity ARE.

Just like one bad apple of a consultant doesn't make us all bad... one bad apple of a situation with the HO, doesnt make the HO as a whole bad.

Stay positive people. ;)

Laura, you have said very eloquently what I've tried to say. Thanks! My biggest concern with threads like this that start to take on a life of their own and get negative, is that there are SO many brand new consultants that come to chefsuccess for information and inspiration and read things like this and start to think this is the NORM instead of the EXCEPTION.

So many of my posts seem to contain the words "I've been with PC for 8 years and have never heard of this". I'm waiting for someone to tell me that if I tell them how long I've been with PC one more time they are going to scream! :eek: I love PC and have seen and experienced many ups and downs. I personally experienced a VERY upsetting situation with PC (regarding directorship...a few years ago...Yes, when Doris was in charge:) ). I spoke with a HO sales director and was given a "sorry about your luck" kind of speech. I could have stopped there and bad mouthed the company but I bit my tongue and instead wrote letters to the HO, carboning everyone up to Doris. Shortly after that I received a personal phone call from a "higher up" and was told that they had never looked at it from my point of view and policy was changed!

HO DOES listen, HO DOES care! Don't let a few isolated instances put a bad taste in your mouth! Success is sweet with PC (puns intended!) A few people have already said this in this post but I'll say it again....we really need to stay positive! This is a great company full of great consultants...remember that:)

Lisa, I'm interested, what was the policy that they changed as a result of your letters?

I'm thrilled that HO listens. I believe it's one of the best aspects of being in business with TPC. While I know there was lots of frustration expressed here and on similar threads, I never felt it degenerated into HO bashing.

I'm glad Darby had this place to vent to. If she's anything like me, without this she would have simply paid to replace everything and silently nursed her resentment. This forum allowed others to give her suggestions that finally led to a good resolution of the problem.

It's also a wonderful place for us to celebrate the outcome.

I do share the concern that newcomers not get the impression that we're a bunch of disgruntled consultants, though.

Way to go Darby. It just goes to show all of us that "United We Stand". I am glad that this issue can be put to rest and you can start growing back some of the hair that you must have pulled out along the way. (BIG GROUP HUG).

Darby, I am so proud of you for following this through to a logical, RIGHT end!! You handled it as a professional with high standards. That is so awesome!

The prayers of many worked! YEAH!!

FEDEX and UPS stalkers....SORRY, I am feeling your pain on this one. I would DEFINATLEY call the HO and find out if there is insurance on their end.

There are soooo many cases of FEDEX and UPS trucks AND the USPS being followed and if there are packages left those thieves come along after they leave. Especially around Christmas time we had an awful rash of that stuff.

I would suggest if you have a neighbor that is home during the day, if they could pick up the packages for you or if FEDEX could drop them there instead.

ARG.....:( I wouldn't hesitate to call your local Sherrif or Police Department either to let them know, maybe there is something going on that they already know about?

Much luck to you........

I am so, so SO happy to hear of this wonderful end to this awful story.I've been following this thread HOPING this would happy!:)

Glad your issues has been resolved Darby!

Wow - I missed all of this too! I have been so busy and haven't been on for a while.

I'm glad I read through the entire post I was ready to Paypal you some money.

I still can't believe they ever refused to replace the items when they send the packages, "no signature required."

It's good for all of us to know about this situation in case it happens to one of us.

britishchef said:
Lisa, I'm interested, what was the policy that they changed as a result of your letters?

Okay, this is a LONG story so I'll try to do the condensed version.

The old policy for director relinquishment was that if a director didn't meet their goals ($350 personal sales, 5 active consultants, and $4000 cluster sales) three months in a row they lost their entire downline PERMANENTLY.

Before we had the individual performance tracker, directors had to depend on what a consultant said they were submitting or wait until we received our paychecks on the 10th. I was a director and in my third month of not meeting the sales goals for our team. I closely tracked our cluster sales and it came down to one consultant that promised me that she was overnighting a $500 show at the end of the month. Well, she didn't use FedEx and it arrived a day late. I didn't know that we had missed our goal by $175 until I received my commission statement on the 10th. (That was $175 I would have gladly paid to keep my cluster!)

I immediately called the home office and spoke to a HO sales director in field services. I was told that if I would have called earlier she could have helped me but it was too late. (It didn't matter that I called immediately when I found out.)

I cried ALOT but worked my way back to directorship. I decided that I would like to walk the stage again since I had worked so hard and wanted to replace the bad memories with a good one. I was told by the HO that I wasn't allowed to do that.

I wrote a letter explaining how crushed I was by having my entire downline stripped away, how hard it was to support the company when people around me told me to give up, how I was treated when I called the HO so distraught, etc. I made it very personal, letting them know how harsh I felt the policy was, how I felt it treated consultants in a way that was contrary to everything I felt the company stood for.

I received a phone call from one of the VPs saying that they had never looked at it that way. I was invited to walk the stage and was asked to introduce myself to her when I came to conference. At that conference our new "kinder, gentler" policy was announced. We now have an additional 3 months to re-gain directorship without losing our entire downline.

It's because of this and other things that I've personally witnessed from this great company that I get so frustrated when people start bashing PC. Someone said earlier that this thread wasn't bashing PC but when posts begin saying "get an attorney", "call the BBB", "this would never happen if Doris were in charge", that is what I would call bashing.....others might not, that's my opinion.

I agree that CS can and should be a safe forum for consultants to vent but I'd really like to see the "venting" threads start with a person's vent and then everyone else jump in to offer suggestions and positive support and not allow their posts to take a negative turn.

Oops....sorry, can you believe that was the condensed version??:eek:

:) :) :)

Darby, I am so glad that it worked out in the end for you!! Now If you drink I suggest having a nice drink, relax, and enjoy a night of happy dancin!!!!That's what I would do.....

Darby -- way to go! My mom always said, "The squeaky wheel gets greased!

Glad it all worked out.

I am SO glad that FINALLY things work out the way they are supposed to! Great job! WHoo Hooo!!!!

Darby,

I'm so glad things worked out for you!! I was just checking in to see if we had a paypal account to send funds to and was happy to see it has been resolved.

I am absolutely thrilled that this worked out! In my heart of hearts, I just couldn't believe that HO would leave any of us hanging, but it seemed to be the way it was going. I was sooo worried!

I have to say something: I didn't mean for my "Doris in charge" comment to rile so many people. Please do not take this as bashing. This company has changed my life and I will always be grateful but I can't help but notice what I notice. Of course you have the right to disagree with me. I had personally felt that Doris always paid attention to the small touches, and I think this is progressing into a much bigger business. I do not think this is a bad thing, either. And, not to say that I think Doris is the end all, be all, either... she's human like the rest of us. And please also note that anytime I said something on the negative side, I always had a postive or something constructive. In fact, there are SO MANY MORE positives than negatives with PC. Bare with me as a lick my wounds... LOL Like I said, I am truly sorry for upsetting anyone. It was just an off-handed comment made after a really bad HO experience. The main thing is that this issue was resolved and that we all know who to contact if it happens to us, and, a women's shelter (or other charity) can benefit from our donations.

Lisa: Your story and resolve is an inspiration to us all.

Last edited:
Anne, I was just going to suggest that our donations be given to a charity. I think a women's shelter is a great idea.

I don't think your comments were "bashing" either. Sometimes our tone and true heart is not conveyed very clearly when we are typing and not talking face to face.

I think we all need to remember that sometimes tone doesn't come across the way we intend it to and not jump to conclusions.

Just my two cents. :)

Rebeccascabinet said:
Anne, I was just going to suggest that our donations be given to a charity. I think a women's shelter is a great idea.

I don't think your comments were "bashing" either. Sometimes our tone and true heart is not conveyed very clearly when we are typing and not talking face to face.

I think we all need to remember that sometimes tone doesn't come across the way we intend it to and not jump to conclusions.

Just my two cents. :)
Thanks! Lisa just reached out through a PM! Yes, the comment was kinda funny if you had heard the person say it. But its ok, because all is well!

Anne anyone who has gotten to know you from this site knows that you are a warm caring person and not a basher. Words are read differently than speaking them from time to time. I didn't take it the wrong way at all.

Its so funny! Never had I cared so much about what other people think! You guys are like family!

Just remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and can express thoise opinions freely. Yes, I made the comment about the attorney and about the report to BBB. Am I ashamed...no. Do I feel I was out of line...no. Does it upset me that someone took offense to it and had a problem with it...no. I say to each their own. If everything "negative" that was expressed on this post offended some who have been with the company longer than others then that is on them, not me. Sorry if I sound like an a** but in a situation like this when clearly some people in the company did not have compassion or understanding for a consultant and basically blew them off, I feel I have a right to think that is negative and needs to be handled by whatever means necessary. Just MY two cents.

Each time someone stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy

Anne you always have great quotes!!

Congratulations Darby!!!! WHOO HOO!! CELEBRATE!

You all might not like my opinion. I personally think all of the Chef Success friends that donated money need to be reimbursed just so things like this don't happen again. Because of them Darby knows she has great friends and lots of support. When they get it, they cash it, write up their own check, then mail it off to their favorite shelter and claim it for their taxes if they feel compelled to donate.

Even if she just donated the money to a charity, this could escalate out of control. Just like Pampered Chef's has the business policy that what they do for one, they do to all. There are no exceptions. We could start feeling obligated to donate to everyone that has issues when all we need to do is pick up the phone and change the policy if needed or make sure things are being heard through the right channels.

Just today I called HO because I have a grill pan that I didn't add my host's order. I missed my host's email requesting that I add it. My computer crashed when I installed memory for P3 and the email my husband opened but I didn't read was erased (along with everthing else). HO told me NO, they couldn't add it on the show. Now, this is a consultant error and I am pretty sure that they can add it, but I just won't make commission on it. HO told me I was probably going to have to eat the 25% discount and do an individual order. Hmmm...If I end up having to do this, do I want others to pay for it? No. If this was a thread asking for feedback I would expect you to tell me to call back and and ask for a supervisor.

Which I did, after asking her name and letting her know that I wasn't thrilled with her verbage. And, yes, I did think of this thread... I am waiting for the Supervisor's meeting to be over so I can hopefully get this taken care of promptly:)

So, please don't send me money:) Darby will only be out a few bucks at the max in postage which she can probably write off. She has got to be flying high with us getting things taken care of either by helping with money, kind words or calls to HO.

If you think about it, Darby was probably writing them a thank you note anyway!:) I was just glad to hear that the HO wasn't ignoring the situation and they are still the wonderful company that they have always been:)

Last edited:
Sometimes it is just nice to lend a hand when it is something that large of a loss. Everyone has their problems with $20-$30 mishaps, but that happens. This was completely out of one of our fellow consultant's hands...she didn't simply forget to add an item on to an order... Darby, keep my money and donate it! :)

jenniferknapp said:
Sometimes it is just nice to lend a hand when it is something that large of a loss. Everyone has their problems with $20-$30 mishaps, but that happens. This was completely out of one of our fellow consultant's hands...she didn't simply forget to add an item on to an order... Darby, keep my money and donate it! :)

I agree with Jennifer. I don't want my money back either Darby. This thread has made me comfortable enough to know that if it was something beyond my control that I would have a ton of support and some very gracious people to turn to.

Whew! I just had to catch upI have been off here a few days and had to catch up! Boy did this thread grow while I was gone (when will yall to quit talking when I am gone, HA!)

DARBY- I am so glad you got this resolved. I was about to PM Gillian to see how to send you some money, but I finished the thread first. This just goes to show we should never take no for an answer! I am so happy for you! God really is good isn't He Give Him all the glory!

ANNE- nothing was wrong with any of your comments. We are a community of friends on here and that is what TRUE friends do with each other - SHARE THEIR FEELINGS!

I am completely aware that new consultant can get on here and possibly be discouraged if they see some negative. BUT I also believe that everything should not be sugar coated either. ALL consultants need to know that there are problems in PC just like there is ANYTHING else. They do not need to come into something thinking things will always be perfect and nothing with ever go wrong.

They can also see from reading on this sight that when there is a problem there are friends here to help them out! And to celebrate their accomplishments with!

CHEFGIRL2 - I see you said this was your opinion and we may not all agree with it. Well, I am one of the ones who do not agree with it, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it here just like the rest of us are - that is what this community is far. BUT if we desire to help someone out of a bad situation that is our business. Thank goodness we do not go by any written polices on here.

I probably ruffled feathers with this post to a lotof people, but oh well. As I stated above we are all entitled to our own opinions whether everyone agrees with them or not.

jrstephens said:
I have been off here a few days and had to catch up! Boy did this thread grow while I was gone (when will yall to quit talking when I am gone, HA!)

DARBY- I am so glad you got this resolved. I was about to PM Gillian to see how to send you some money, but I finished the thread first. This just goes to show we should never take no for an answer! I am so happy for you! God really is good isn't He Give Him all the glory!

ANNE- nothing was wrong with any of your comments. We are a community of friends on here and that is what TRUE friends do with each other - SHARE THEIR FEELINGS!

I am completely aware that new consultant can get on here and possibly be discouraged if they see some negative. BUT I also believe that everything should not be sugar coated either. ALL consultants need to know that there are problems in PC just like there is ANYTHING else. They do not need to come into something thinking things will always be perfect and nothing with ever go wrong.

They can also see from reading on this sight that when there is a problem there are friends here to help them out! And to celebrate their accomplishments with!

CHEFGIRL2 - I see you said this was your opinion and we may not all agree with it. Well, I am one of the ones who do not agree with it, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it here just like the rest of us are - that is what this community is far. BUT if we desire to help someone out of a bad situation that is our business. Thank goodness we do not go by any written polices on here.

I probably ruffled feathers with this post to a lotof people, but oh well. As I stated above we are all entitled to our own opinions whether everyone agrees with them or not.
WEll said Jennifer!

Lisa, thanks for sharing your experience!

Anne, I just wanted you to know that I personally dont think you (or anyone specifically) were bashing PC - at all. I just wanted to toss my two cents in the ring and give a little "reminder" that it's a great company and that I was sure it'd be taken care of.
We all know that it's easy for one semi-negative comment to spur on a whole conversation about how awful something is, so I was just hoping to see the conversation get steered in a more positive direction.

I am so glad this has been resolved. I assumed from the start that Darby had been dealing with "option 3" ;) the whole time... kudos to Elaine for throwing in that advice - that's the only dept I usually go to for my consultant issues. Love them!

I am so happy to know that I am still loved! My husband says I'm the mouse that roars. LOL

Woo Hoo.....Well, WAY TO GO.....One thing I can say about being a part of Pampered Chef, is every time I have had an issue, they have been helpful and gracious and THIS is a heartfelt story, one that should be sent to the HO, the part of all of you coming together to help out a fellow consultant, it is sooooo heartwarming. I have been away from the site for awhile and in a slump, but I have come back and NOW I realize how much help and support this site is.

I would LOVE to hear this story told at Conference......it is totally one of "Extreme Home Makeover" style.

You go folks, what a group and I'm dancing a jig for you.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WHOOO .... i am happy for you girl!!

Kelley Sells said:
I would LOVE to hear this story told at Conference......it is totally one of "Extreme Home Makeover" style.

We are quite a group, huh? Just like a real family: we share, help out laugh, yell, cry together. LOL

You got that right, Anne!

You are right Anne. We are a family. I can barely get through the day without getting on here to see what everyone is up too.

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!

WowOk... I have just sat here for an hour (At my other job..LOL) reading this whole saga, and I have to chuckle at the fact that It was like reading a novel that I just couldn't put down, and then I almost cryed at the happy ending!!
Isn't that hilarious?? I'm sitting here with tears on my eyes...HA HA HA HA HA>
Ridiculous!

Anyway, i am sooo glad it all worked out in the end! And wow... what a ride this thread is!!

Kari

I'm so glad that it worked out for you, Darby. But is there any word on whether your local law enforcement are doing anything about the theft?

chefann said:
I'm so glad that it worked out for you, Darby. But is there any word on whether your local law enforcement are doing anything about the theft?

A very nice officer came to my home the day I reported it and took all my information: what was in box, value...etc. He was very apologetic and said he would do what he could (which I know isnt much, but I'm sure he meant well). Well, after hearing that this was PC merchindise...I scored a show for him and his wife this coming Saturday! He's the cook of the family and he LOVES PC!! Just funny how blessings work out in the midst of tragedy...:D

You scored a show with the police officer?!?!?!? Now that is truly AMAZING!!!

<h2>1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?</h2><p>Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.</p><h2>2. What should I do if my package is stolen?</h2><p>If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.</p><h2>3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?</h2><p>To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.</p><h2>4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?</h2><p>If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.</p><h2>5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?</h2><p>To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.</p>

1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?

Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.

2. What should I do if my package is stolen?

If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.

4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?

If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.

5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?

To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MLC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AudraKYPCLady
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • LisaJG