• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holy Sh**...What Am I Going to Do!!

In summary, someone stole $250 worth of product from Darby, who does not know anyone in her new neighborhood well enough to ask them to get the product for her.
Total Loss For Words...Just got of the phone and you'll never guess...she agree's with HO. Says that once it leaves the company, is out of their hands, but she also says she does not understand why I havent fallen upon a sympathetic ear. (Maybe cause they all think like HER).

So there you have it. She says she will try and give it a go for tomorrow but for me not to get all my hopes up. Says "sometimes these things can just happen...rare, but sometimes"

Ugh...http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/mad0228.gif

I know this is probably going to be interpreted wrong but...maybe you should do a product adjustment for every item and when asked why doing the adjustment mark that it was not in the original shipment. Imagine HO's surprise when you have a whole show as a product adjustment

jasonmva said:
I know this is probably going to be interpreted wrong but...maybe you should do a product adjustment for every item and when asked why doing the adjustment mark that it was not in the original shipment. Imagine HO's surprise when you have a whole show as a product adjustment

Haha, that'll teach 'em!

hahaha....that would be quite tempting to me!!

If nothing is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner, I will do just that. Then maybe they'll see I'm not BS'ing!!

Try to go above your directorDarby,

I'm so sad to hear about this. I would try to go even higher than your director. Do you know who her director is or even her director. I know who my Executive Director is & I'm sure she would go to bat for me. I could even sound her out for you.

Theresia Aylward
Depoe Bay on the Beautiful Central Oregon Coast

Hey, Jason what a great idea! What do you think Darby? That should do something!

Tree said:
Darby,

I'm so sad to hear about this. I would try to go even higher than your director. Do you know who her director is or even her director. I know who my Executive Director is & I'm sure she would go to bat for me. I could even sound her out for you.

Theresia Aylward

I spoke to my hospitality person because my director is over an hour away from me. I cannot seem to make it the monthly meetings and I didnt want to burden her with "Hi, I know I can never manage to make it to the meetings, but can you help me with something..." sounds so impersonal. I will be on the phone with my director ASAP in the morning, though. I am so distraught about this. This was such a good show for me, up until the delivery thing, you know...

I'm on the coast too...North Bend. Not too far away from you, I guess...

Oh, Darby! I'm so sorry. It makes me just sick thinking about it! I hope you can get a resolution soon!!

Me too. If not, I have decided that I need to make sure these orders are filled, and will take my commission check and purchase the items, myself.

Darby, If you can't get HO or FE to step up then I will step up and offer to "pass the plate" for you. I will put in the first $5.00. Anybody else willing to join in? This will be our own version of a PC fundraiser. Valky

Huh. I had a set of cookware being delivered to me that I earned through the SuperStarter recruiting program... never got it - even though UPS showed "Delivered". I called HO, spoke to a supervisor, and it was shipped out the next day.
UPS driver came to my house and took a report, and that was that.
I'd definately keep riding Home Office, that's just not the way they do things normally.

another possibility....
thechefofnorthbend said:
Just got off the phone again with HO and was told that "because I left a note with the FedEx delivery driver (which I didnt, we had established a place, and he left ME the note) it is a FedEx problem. Once it leaves the wherehouse for delivery, HO is no longer responsible". UUUGGGHHH!!!! She even said "next time make arrangements for it to go to an alternate address, then you wont have this sort of problem" Thanks for the sympathetic ear you stupid &%^$#!!!! Sorry...I'm just mad and sad all at the same time...

If HO won't take care of it, I'd check into your homeowner's policy, assuming you do have home insurance. It's a theft just like anything else would be.

Good Luck & SOrry.

Liz

Great Idea!
jasonmva said:

Love your idea!

Liz

Valky...
yummy4tummy said:
Darby, If you can't get HO or FE to step up then I will step up and offer to "pass the plate" for you. I will put in the first $5.00. Anybody else willing to join in? This will be our own version of a PC fundraiser. Valky

I just PM'd Gillian about this and was going to send other mostly regular's to see if we could pitch in and help re coop the $ 250.00 or whatever it was that no one else is taking responsibility for!

I'm in as well. We'll have to figure where to send it, or just Paypal it to Darby??

Thanks.

liz

I am totally in- I love you Darby and want to help!

Once Darby replies with where to send the money I will spread the word...

How can we be responsible for shipments if we never even know their there? This time FedEx left a note, but what about next time. They have delivered four or five times to me and I have seen the man once. I had the front door open and he was laying the package down beside the door, didn't even bother to ring the doorbell.

Darby,
Keep moving up the chain of command. Don't stop until the CEO tells you there is nothing she can do for you. Keep a positive attitude, it sounds like all your friends here are going to help out. I'd be willing to help. Please let me know when ya'll collect.

I would totally do the product adjustment for sure. And if you don't decide on that Darby. I will totally be in for helping out.

It doesn't matter if they left a note, they didn't get a signature!

re: helping out...
gilliandanielle said:
I am totally in- I love you Darby and want to help!

Once Darby replies with where to send the money I will spread the word...

THANKS GILLIAN :)

This time I waited until I got to the end!
chefpayne said:
How can we be responsible for shipments if we never even know their there? This time FedEx left a note, but what about next time. They have delivered four or five times to me and I have seen the man once. I had the front door open and he was laying the package down beside the door, didn't even bother to ring the doorbell.

Darby,
Keep moving up the chain of command. Don't stop until the CEO tells you there is nothing she can do for you. Keep a positive attitude, it sounds like all your friends here are going to help out. I'd be willing to help. Please let me know when ya'll collect.

As everytime I've posted a reply someone else has already done the same. I figured if she could get to Doris or Marla or someone like that it would be taken care of immediately!!!

Liz

Darby, I'm in on helping out as well if you have to repurchase everything!

Gillian, let me know!

See Darby, You are loved and appreciated. WE WILL MAKE THIS WORK! I would suggest Paypal as it is instantanious. Just let us know if and when you are ready. Valky

Hey, if you don't get this resolved you could post a list of the ordered products. I bet lots of people here have duplicate new items just sitting around that they would donate... that would also lower what you have to reorder.

Good idea Amber!

Oh Darby, I feel so badly for you! Count me in for a donation when it comes time.

Something about this sounds a bit suspicious though....the whole note thing from the FedEx guy......How well do you know him? I'm almost wondering if he left a not to "cover his trail" and then kept the boxes for himself? Have you checked with FedEx to see about his record? I don't know, he knew you were going to be away and it just sounds too convenient for me.....

Good luck with this and DO NOT stop pressuring HO....they should be helping you much much much more that they are!

I'm in to donate if HO or FedEx won't stand up and cover their mistake!

Darby,

Count me in as well. Now if you can just get as much support from HO as you get from your online cluster!! Good luck!

yummy4tummy said:

Count me in!

Count me in too!

Count me in too!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this and that HO and FedEx are HIDING from the responsibility. I can't believe HO is treating you this way, I'm shock at our company. What would have happen if this happened to a customer? Would HO still say "too bad"?!

I'm so sorry....

Count me in!!

My gratitude is bigger then my heart can bare...I am in tears now as I sit and write this response.

Last night, I was talking to my DH about the whole situation and I was about to makie a major decision of making the mistake right, and then letting PC go. I truly thought that maybe being a consultant was not meant to be.

I wake up and check my favorite forum (which I would have missed terribly) and find you all showing such love and compassion and for someone whom you only know by the text that I type in. I am in absolute awe. I thank you all more then I could ever express in a text box. If I could hug each and everyone of you, you bet I would. :p

I now know, but by the grace of the Lord and the support of such awesome folks as yourselves, that this is a dawn of a new day and I WILL NOT let one lousy mistake set in stone the path for my future with this outstanding community.

It is only 6:45 here on the west coast and as soon as I can down a few gallons of coffee :D , I will be back on my saddle, back on the phone and doing what I need to do to make this right.

I truly do not know that my director can make anymore of a difference then I can. Maybe she will. Maybe she wont. I do know that it is my responsibility to correct this mistake with those who depend on me to fullfill their orders and get them their rightful products. I will plead my case to her and to the supervisors and their supervisors above them. If at the end of my challenge, I feel I am no further then I was, I will step up to the plate and make this right.

Thanks for the offering, you have no idea how that would make me feel. How that would help and I bless each and every one of you.

Darby

That is great!! I think that you could take today to make calls and see how far you get, but if you don't get anywhere, I would probably go ahead and duplicate the order again, so that your customers aren't waiting any longer..and then go back to HO and show how much money you needed to take out of your own pocket to make it right since they weren't....and maybe you will get somewhere farther with that...... or, you can try the product adjustment thing;)

I emailed my Executive DirectorDarby,

I emailed my Executive Director with your problem and asked her for her opinion and will let you know what she says. She lives in Ohio so she should be up and about by now.

If you need I'll drive down the coast just to give you that hug in person and the money to help set this right.;)

Theresia Aylward
Independent Consultant

Chin up, Darby. With all of us behind you, this is going to be resolved. If you can't get it worked out with HO, count on me to help, too.

As far as I'm concerned it could have been any one of us. I understand that the HO has to be careful because there are many dishonest people out there. However, you have been an upstanding part of the PC family for at least a year. You have proven yourself. They should make this right.

Okay, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

Tree said:
Darby,

I emailed my Executive Director with your problem and asked her for her opinion and will let you know what she says. She lives in Ohio so she should be up and about by now.

If you need I'll drive down the coast just to give you that hug in person and the money to help set this right.;)

Theresia Aylward
Independent Consultant

You are so incredibly sweet!

I am on the phone right now, again...ugh, with HO and have asked to speak with whoever is in charge of loss prevention or any department like that. I have explained my situation to about a dozen different people and I just keep getting passed off to the next chain of command. Who knows, maybe I will get to lay out my issue with Doris herself!

I hope that someone says "I am so sorry about all of this and because we stand behind our consultants 100% I will see to it that this is taken care of..." I know, its probably a pipe dream, but I have faith in people and SOMEBODY out there has got to understand...

Keep your chin up Darby.. You will get satisfaction somewhere somehow today! I am trying an approach of being upbeat!

I'm guessing if you get to Doris you'll get quick action!

I wonder if we should flood HO with emails about this - the more they hear from us on other problems, the more they listen! And count me in if you need help replacing the stuff!!!!!

Hmmm...I just got off ther phone with a very nice lady who, let me say was the first to do this, asked me to scan a copy of the written note (from FedEx guy) and email it to her along with a printed receipt from PP with the show information and all the items that were in my shipment. She didnt promise me anything but said that she would get back to me today regarding any next steps.

Oh lets hope, and pray...

Prayers it is! Be sure to keep us informed.

Don't give up Darby! I had an issue involving a refund and I spoke with 3 or 4 supervisors and I was always givne a NO, it will never happen. Then I sent an email explaing the situation to each and every email option and I had my refund within an hour! I know its a different situation, but DON'T GIVE UP!!! You will get your things re sent.

thechefofnorthbend said:
I just got off ther phone with a very nice lady who, let me say was the first to do this, asked me to scan a copy of the written note (from FedEx guy) and email it to her along with a printed receipt from PP with the show information and all the items that were in my shipment. She didnt promise me anything but said that she would get back to me today regarding any next steps.

Oh lets hope, and pray...
I'm glad you finally got someone at HO willing to help you! I've got my fingers crossed....keep us updated!

I still think that something is fishy with the FedEx guy.....

No, I trust him as he has been the same FedEx guy for me, even at my old house.

I just think it was a case of someone noticed a truck, new I was gone and went for it. Sad, but there are some untrustworthy people out there.

Nothing back form HO yet. Soon, I hope...

Darby....Keep trying. I find it hard to believe they won't help you! About 5 years ago when I was selling before, I had a hostess who had just recieved her show order. She hadn't even gone through the boxes yet and low and behold she had a house fire that night!! I called PC and with a little paperwork....they finally reshipped her entire show, free of charge.

You can get results...just be persistant!! You know how the saying goes....."The squeeky wheel gets the oil." (Or something like that. LOL)

Good luck....keep us updated!

I've been thinking about you all night Darby...I hope they can get it resolved. I like Kate's idea about flooding the home office with emails. I haven't even had my first show yet but count me in the $5 club! I really want to see how PC works this out...

Darby,

I'm so sorry this has happened, I hope it works out for the best.

I sure hope HO will do something, what if this was a show delivered to a hostess?? What would they do then, when lots of people will be PO'd on not getting their orders??

Hugs,

LIsa

I'd also have the Director calling tell them that point. Tell HO, "right now you have a consultant out of luck", but what happens when the attenders here that PC wasn't willing to step up to the plate and rectify this. I think they'd much rather have it spread that they "stepped up" than let you hang...

I am thinking of you Darby, and know how stressed you must feel. I will check back often today and see if there is any news. Ladies- get your $5 ready, LOL!

thechefofnorthbend said:
No, I trust him as he has been the same FedEx guy for me, even at my old house.

I just think it was a case of someone noticed a truck, new I was gone and went for it. Sad, but there are some untrustworthy people out there.

Nothing back form HO yet. Soon, I hope...
Glad to hear that about your Fed Ex guy! I'll let my suspicions go away then.

I have yet to meet my Fed Ex person. He just puts the packages by my garage door and leaves! I was even here the other day and saw the truck drive-up. I kept waiting for the doorbell to ring thinking that I'd met him....then saw him drive away. Again, he very quietly left my package by the garage door. I'm expecting a delivery today with my spring Supply Order (it's a lot too so maybe I will get a chance to meet him afterall). The weather is nasty here and my garage is closed so hopefully he will come to the front door....if he leaves it outside my closed garage door I'm gonna be a little ticked-off. My UPS guy was great and always came to the front door.

<h2>1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?</h2><p>Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.</p><h2>2. What should I do if my package is stolen?</h2><p>If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.</p><h2>3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?</h2><p>To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.</p><h2>4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?</h2><p>If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.</p><h2>5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?</h2><p>To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.</p>

1. Can I hold FedEx responsible for my stolen package?

Unfortunately, FedEx cannot be held responsible for items that are left unattended and subsequently stolen. This is stated in their terms and conditions.

2. What should I do if my package is stolen?

If your package is stolen, you should immediately contact FedEx and file a claim. You will need to provide information such as the tracking number and details about the package.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent this from happening again, you can request a signature upon delivery or have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup. You can also consider installing security cameras or having a trusted neighbor or friend pick up your packages for you.

4. Can I get a refund or replacement for my stolen package?

If you have insurance on your package, you may be able to file a claim for a refund or replacement. However, this will depend on the specific details of your situation and the insurance coverage you have.

5. How can I ensure the safe delivery of my packages in the future?

To ensure the safe delivery of your packages in the future, you can request a signature upon delivery, have the package held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup, or consider using a different shipping method that offers more secure delivery options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MLC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AudraKYPCLady
  • pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • LisaJG