• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do I Replace a Likely Stolen Shipment?

And did you call home office back so...Yes, I called home office and they said they would take care of it.Thanks for the advice!
chefgirlrd
Hi All,

I had a customer from a show that was a direct shipment. She called me because she did not receive her items. It was delivered on Friday per FedEx confirmation. She is of course very upset and feels that Pampered Chef should replace the items and "will never order from Pampered Chef again". She was out of town Friday through Sunday so my guess is that someone stole the box. I didn't really know what to say and did give her the confirmation number.
She was a customer from a church event and she may be a member of that church (I am not sure of that). I plan to do a few parties at the church for some members and also want to be a part of this event next year. I just don't want her to be saying bad things about PC around this church and hurting any business relationship I have with the members. She did say something to the effect that she doesn't blame me personally but she certainly has a bad view of our company now. Her order was $23.00 before tax and shipping so I almost feel like just replacing it for her.

What would you do?

I don't know how often this happens or how to prevent it. Should I be warning people ahead of time when there items ship so they can be expecting them? Is there a way to have FedEx require a signature or is that up to the customer?

Thanks for any insight that you have.

Have you called home office? My guess is they will take care of it.

You call HO. They will take care of it.And she's way off base accusing PC...duh. It was clearly FedEx, or simply someone in her neighborhood who say the PC labeled box! I would let her know that FedEx shows the box delivered- likely they delivered it to the wrong place.But PC will fix it. I'd call them NOW. They should be open.

Did she check with a neighbor??maybe knowing she was out of town, one of them picked it up for her, and just hasn't told her yet? I know that would be how my neighbors would be...in a good way.

esavvymom said:
Did she check with a neighbor??

maybe knowing she was out of town, one of them picked it up for her, and just hasn't told her yet? I know that would be how my neighbors would be...in a good way.

This is exactly what went through my head when I read this.

Have her check w/ neighbors. Then call HO. They will replace it. Another scenario that has happened to me is that the FedEx driver delivered it to the wrong house. No matter what though, PC will make it right. Give them a call and let them know what's going on.

Yes...and we do not deal with FedEx...HO will deal with them if they need to verify where it was delivered, etc.I've had FedEx pull up and give us 2 boxes that weren't even in our NEIGHBORHOOD. Only reason it was caught was because my DH was at the door and came out to get a 3rd box (which was ours). And noticed the mistake.

I've had this happen before but with an entire SHOW's worth of boxes. PC WILL replace everything but they'll need to ship it to an alternate address (so it doesn't get taken again...) Like everyone else said - just call HO - we have such an excellent company that has our back 100%!

I have had a host call and discover that the items had been left with a neighbor. She called Fed-ex herself with the tracking number and was told where it was.

Thanks for all of your great advise! I did call HO last night and they said they would replace. I called back the customer and asked her to check around with neighbors etc. She called today and a friend who had stopped by over the weekend had the box. So mystery solved! Good to know now for future situations like this.:balloon:

chefgirlrd said:
Thanks for all of your great advise! I did call HO last night and they said they would replace. I called back the customer and asked her to check around with neighbors etc. She called today and a friend who had stopped by over the weekend had the box. So mystery solved! Good to know now for future situations like this.:balloon:

Glad she got the box. Did she also apologize for her rude behavior and bashing Pampered Chef?

pamperedlinda said:
Glad she got the box. Did she also apologize for her rude behavior and bashing Pampered Chef?

And did you call home office back so she wouldn't end up with two of whatever it was she ordered?

I actually had my starter kit stolen when it was delivered to my new house! Like everyone has said before, call the HO. They had me get a police report (yes, the cop thought it was a little strange that a "new consultant kit" would get stolen out of a garage!), but once the report was faxed to HO...they reissued me a new kit. It gave me a great story to tell people when I started my business over 2 years ago!

SonyaVerrillo said:
I actually had my starter kit stolen when it was delivered to my new house! Like everyone has said before, call the HO. They had me get a police report (yes, the cop thought it was a little strange that a "new consultant kit" would get stolen out of a garage!), but once the report was faxed to HO...they reissued me a new kit. It gave me a great story to tell people when I started my business over 2 years ago!

Wow! That is so sad. I can't believe people can be so petty! :mad::mad::mad:

That just shows what a great company we sell for, though! :D

Guess it also shows how much people love our products if they're being stolen from people's doorsteps ;)

1. What should I do if I suspect my shipment has been stolen?

If you suspect that your shipment has been stolen, the first thing you should do is contact the shipping company and inform them of the situation. They will be able to provide guidance on next steps and potential reimbursement options.

2. How can I tell if my shipment was actually stolen?

If your shipment was marked as delivered but you did not receive it, that could be a sign that it was stolen. You can also contact the shipping company to see if they have any information about the location of your shipment.

3. Should I file a police report if I believe my shipment was stolen?

Yes, it is recommended to file a police report if you believe your shipment was stolen. This can help with potential insurance claims and can also assist the authorities in tracking down the stolen package.

4. Will the shipping company be responsible for replacing a stolen shipment?

It depends on the shipping company's policies and the specific circumstances of the theft. Some companies offer insurance for lost or stolen packages, while others may not be liable for stolen shipments. It is important to contact the shipping company for more information.

5. What can I do to prevent my shipments from being stolen in the future?

There are a few precautions you can take to reduce the risk of your shipments being stolen. These include requiring a signature for delivery, using a secure shipping option, and providing specific delivery instructions to the shipping company. You can also consider using package tracking services to keep a close eye on your shipments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bostonbelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • sailortena