• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx Delivery Issues: My Experience and Frustrations

In summary, anyone else out there having "issues" with FEDEX?!?!?! I live in somewhat of a rural area. Since we signed up with FedEx - they rarely, and I mean RARELY deliver on the date stated on the tracking info. It's always a day or two off. And usually the stuff I need, like catalogs! is delivered
ChefinHarmony
Anyone else out there having "issues" with FEDEX?!?!?! I live in somewhat of a rural area. Since we signed up with FedEx - they rarely, and I mean RARELY deliver on the date stated on the tracking info. It's always a day or two off. And usually the stuff I need, like catalogs! :mad: It states "delivery exception" and I call the 800 number only to be told "you will get it tomorrow" -which I do. But WHY EVEN PUT THE DATE on there!!

Anyone else noticed, if you check the tracking number right after it shows up as "shipped" it ALWAYS says delivery date the next day? They just put a dummy date in there - which happens to be the next day. Then when you check it again, they change the date to something more reasonable - 2 to 3 days out.

Plus, I NEVER have the same delivery guy. Each person complains about our address (we live 15 miles north of our actual town on our address, but there is a town about 1 mile from me). I had two packages dropped off tonight at 9:51pm! :eek: He didn't even knock or ring the bell. I noticed it on the website. It would have sat in the snow - we are getting a storm tonight!

I'm just venting.... (THANK YOU) and wondering if anyone else has been having issues?!?!? I may send a message to FedEx or HO.

Thanks!
Joanne

Honestly, I, so far, have liked fed ex better than UPS. I would contact FE and complain.

Call 888-OUR-CHEF and tell them what is going on. I read somewhere that there is someone at FedEx assigned to PC's acct and the HO can get you in contact with them to get it all sorted out.

Rebeccascabinet said:
Honestly, I, so far, have liked fed ex better than UPS. I would contact FE and complain.

When we first switched over to FedEx - I WAS FURIOUS!!! I had never received anything via FE that wasn't broken, delayed or missing...

My delivery man, Chris, has made every effort to make the transition smooth. AND - he has. He always has a smile on his face, always arrives with my packages in perfect shape and went out of his way to make sure he personally met me (came back after his route - because he figured I worked all day).

The other day it was POURING rain and I expected 5 boxes to be deliverd to my house.... I was worried???:(

WELL - when I got home - there they were on my porch WRAPPED IN PLASTIC BAGS to protect them from the wether!!!!

I knew our UPS driver persaonally and I do miss him - but Chris adm FE are keepers :cool:

I am not pleased with FEDEX either. I noticed on tracking it said it made it to my state yesterday, but was held up because of weather....the whole state was beautiful yesterday (the first time in a long time). It took it over a week to get here from the plant. It just seems to be taking a long time. And, some stuff that was supposed to be delivered today...well, I'm still waiting. I know they are busy, but I am just not "feeling the love".

No problems hereMy samples order was scheduled for delivery on the 28th and arrived the 27th. I had a show order to arrive on the 1st and arrived on the 28th.

PCGINA said:
When we first switched over to FedEx - I WAS FURIOUS!!! I had never received anything via FE that wasn't broken, delayed or missing...

My delivery man, Chris, has made every effort to make the transition smooth. AND - he has. He always has a smile on his face, always arrives with my packages in perfect shape and went out of his way to make sure he personally met me (came back after his route - because he figured I worked all day).

The other day it was POURING rain and I expected 5 boxes to be deliverd to my house.... I was worried???:(

WELL - when I got home - there they were on my porch WRAPPED IN PLASTIC BAGS to protect them from the wether!!!!

I knew our UPS driver persaonally and I do miss him - but Chris adm FE are keepers :cool:

Hey Gina. I would actually call FEDEX and let them know what a GREAT JOB he did. I would also let HO know. How awesome is it that he went out of his way to make sure that your business wasn't affected by the weather! Carlos, my FEDEX guy, is just as awesome! I will be sending a GREAT email gushing about all the great things he does that helps my business prosper.

I haven't had any problems at all with FedEx. *I must be one of the lucky ones?* I didn't like my UPS guy so I hope we stick with FEDEX for sure!

I am sorry that you haven't had such good luck. Maybe leave a note on the door with specific instructions? Or ask if he can ring the door bell since you would like to speak with him. They might be shy or unsure about how to provide great customer service. Find a way to maybe meet your guy half way? Just a thought.

I myself am not happy with FedEx at this moment. An order was due to come in today. I just got off the phone with FedEx and they said that they attempted delivery at 9:30pm! It's ridiculous I told them. It was 9:40pm when I called and I was sitting in my living room watching tv, with the front door open. I asked if they leave a note at the door when there has been an attempt to deliver and the gentleman said yes. I said guess what? There is nothing on my door!, Obviously because I was sitting a few feet away from the door. I bet the delivery guy just wanted to get home. He said that the area supervisor will be getting back to me. I'm going to make sure HO knows about this one.

Furious!

WowWow those are some really scary stories about FedEX and then there are some PC chefs with no complaints.
I always say, the individual person will make all the difference in the world. Some of us will get jerks and some of us will get nice guys who take pride in their work and care about good customer service.
It's sad that it has happened to me too. I mean the reason I think to look at the tracker is so that I will be home at that time, I know that's not always possible, but for the most part I am home.
I want to receive my package, check it and sort through my stuff.
I had a package scheduled for Saturday and it came sometime on Sunday while I was at church all day.
It was weird. I was glad to get it on Sunday instead of Monday but they don't even leave a note explaining what happened or a "sorry for the inconvenience".
I would appreciate that at least. I also want to know, does DHL deliver for Fedex from time to time. I could have sworn I saw a DHL truck drive away one day when I went out to get a PC box. :confused:
Debbie :D

I'm not pleased with FedEx eitherEvery shipment I have received or my hosts have received since the switch has had a problem. Two times they didn't deliever all the boxes on the same day. One time one out of eight boxes ended in South Carolina--we live in Phoenix!!! My tracking dates haven't matched yet either. I hope they get their act together, soon.

SillyChef said:
Hey Gina. I would actually call FEDEX and let them know what a GREAT JOB he did. I would also let HO know. How awesome is it that he went out of his way to make sure that your business wasn't affected by the weather! Carlos, my FEDEX guy, is just as awesome! I will be sending a GREAT email gushing about all the great things he does that helps my business prosper.

GOOD POINT Margie - I will...:rolleyes:

I have found on average, the shipping about one day longer than with UPS, but that's not a big deal (3 vs. 4).

I have to say it is about the same for service. Both the old UPS guy, and the new Fed ex man do the quick knock and run. I am a SAHM mom so I'm usually always here when they deliver. Maybe they just hear my big dog bark, and decide not to stay long enough for me to actually open the door. :D

Now that I can remember, when I used to sell for another Direct Selling company a fear years ago, they also used FedEx. After having some issues with them, I finally got to speak to their area manager. He did mention then that FedEx did hire subcontracting companies to deliver for them. Maybe that explains some of the bad service.

I emailed HO about tonights incident and if they contact me I will definetely mention this.

I haven't been the happiest with FedEx either... one Saturday they put an exception, that my business was closed - ummm I am a residence!! And then this past Sunday, I got home to my product adjustment stone sitting on top of my railing of my porch since Saturday- hello, it might be windy!! and my dischcloths were also delivered...but I can't find them! :( ...I bet that he put the under 1 lb. package on top of the stone, and it blew out of my yard! or behind a snowbank....DUH!!!

My biggest complaint is that the FedEx driver refuses to ring the bell! UGHHHH That's a little thing I know, but he/she leaves the packages on the front porch, and we NEVER use our front door - we go out thru the garage. I'm a SAHM, and am usually home all day. Unless we happen to go out somewhere or when the weather permits go outside to play I don't see the packages sitting there. Like Jennifer said, when they delivered the dishcloths they were in a padded envelope, so I have no idea how long they had been on my front porch, it's not like a big box that you can't help but see!

With UPS, the driver would leave boxes INSIDE my garage if it was open, and then knock on the door and run. If the garage door was closed he would leave on the front porch, ring the bell and then dash.......

oh, well.......atleast it gets here!:p :p That's my complaining for the day......now I'll be happy, and make my 3 contact calls:D :D :D

my3jjjs said:
I myself am not happy with FedEx at this moment. An order was due to come in today. I just got off the phone with FedEx and they said that they attempted delivery at 9:30pm! It's ridiculous I told them. It was 9:40pm when I called and I was sitting in my living room watching tv, with the front door open. I asked if they leave a note at the door when there has been an attempt to deliver and the gentleman said yes. I said guess what? There is nothing on my door!, Obviously because I was sitting a few feet away from the door. I bet the delivery guy just wanted to get home. He said that the area supervisor will be getting back to me. I'm going to make sure HO knows about this one.

Furious!

Yep. This one sounds like the delivery driver wanted to get home and just put some excuse in so he wouldn't have to deliver the rest of the packages. I'd bet this driver will be getting an ear full.

He was to deliver 7 boxes! I wish I'd be there when he does get an ear full. I'm also expecting deliveries today and tomorrow. Let's see what happens to those.

I have no complaints about my drivers (I haven't figured out just how many I have yet. Most of the time they drop and run). I do get frustrated when I check the tracking info and don't get my package when I think I'm going to. I had an order that just showed it shipped yesterday, but the FedEx dude showed up with two pans from that show yesterday!! The same day it was supposed to have shipped? I thought I was getting three shows in today and only got one!!!

You want to hear something weird. My husband ordered some computer parts and they came FedEx on the same day, but at two different times!!!!!

When I do manage to see one of the drivers they are always very nice. They give my dog treats when they see him outside. We probably just need to get used to them. They do ship much faster than UPS. At least to me they do.

They are faster for me too. I have been very happy so far and I have spoken with them to tell them where to put the deliveries etc. I was talking with my Tastefully Simple consultant the other day and they switched to FedEx too.

I think they are much faster shipping wise. I would like to see the guy at some point. I feel like I am cheating on my UPS lady.

Traveling Vineyard just switched from Fed Ex to UPS.

I used to work for a large printing company. We had pick ups all day long until midnight. Our main shipper was UPS, then we switched to FedEx, then we switched back to UPS. We were always confused about who we were using.

Who knows. PC may decide down they road to switch back to UPS. UPS may offer PC a sweet deal to come back. Hard to say!

Competition... That's the American way! :) yikes... I've been hanging out with my DH too much!

amy07 said:
My biggest complaint is that the FedEx driver refuses to ring the bell! UGHHHH

I actually do not want the delivery driver to ring or knock, because they often come when my children are napping. I have a sign on my door that says, "Deliveries Please DO NOT Knock". Perhaps you can leave a note for your Fed Ex man saying, "please ring the bell when packages are left." My husband runs his own business from home, so we get a lot of deliveries and we are on a first name basis with Fedex, UPS, DHL and USPS. The delivery (wo)/men are just people too and we should treat them like people. I do not think that they are going out of their way to irritate anybody. They are just doing their job. Most of these guys deliver to businesses as well as homes. They deliver to businesses first and then do the home route. If it is especially busy day with the businesses we get things delivered later than we want. It is not the fault of the driver. How would you like to be driving in that truck all day until late at night?

Everyone who has a "complaint" should have an open conversation with their delivery person.

I haven't had any problems with them yet. The only thing I don't like is that we just moved and I don't have a place for them to put the stuff out of sight and the other day I got home and he had placed the packages on my step. This is after I talked to them and they told me that they would take it to the leasing office if I wasn't home.

Other than that one incident All has been good with them
Kay

1. What is "Fed up With Fed Ex?"

"Fed up With Fed Ex" is a campaign started by Pampered Chef to address issues that customers have had with shipping through FedEx. We understand your frustrations and are working to improve the shipping experience for our customers.

2. Why did Pampered Chef choose to work with FedEx?

Pampered Chef chose to work with FedEx because they have a strong reputation for reliable and timely shipping services. However, we understand that there have been some issues and we are actively working with FedEx to address them.

3. What kind of issues have customers experienced with FedEx?

Some customers have experienced delayed deliveries, damaged packages, and lost shipments when using FedEx for their Pampered Chef orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working to improve the situation.

4. How is Pampered Chef addressing these issues with FedEx?

Pampered Chef has a dedicated team that is working closely with FedEx to identify and address any issues that have been reported by our customers. We are committed to improving the shipping experience for our customers and ensuring that their orders arrive in a timely and satisfactory manner.

5. What can I do if I have an issue with my FedEx shipment from Pampered Chef?

If you encounter any issues with your FedEx shipment from Pampered Chef, please reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. We will do our best to resolve the issue and ensure that your order is delivered to you as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LisaJG
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • ShanaSmith
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • Mystik