• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order Delays and FedEx Frustrations: A Timeline of Our September 29th Show

In summary, PC is having some sort of delivery issue and they are probably going to be fired. The customer that never returned my calls for payment is one of the flaky customers. I asked if she needed any products and she said she doesn't cook or know much about our products. I gave her my website so she can look and maybe buy.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Oh my fracken #@*&$@*&#$!!!

Timeline:
*show on September 29th
*supposed to submit on October 5th at the latest
*flaky customer (ordered over $100 of product then wouldn't return my calls for payment) and other flaky customer (wanted to order but left early, kept forgetting to call me back, left me messages (YEAH, RIGHT), then decided to order on her own show in November) held up show....this part is my fault
*finally submitted October 10th
*show shipped October 15th...HO still dealing with backlog
*gave each customer an apology note and Quikcut Paring Knife for the delay
*box 2 and 3 arrived on time October 18th
*box 1 was still in CHICAGO on October 18th!!!
*called FedEx and they started a trace - I firmly asked if they could get it here on the 19th - they were supposed to call me back, never did
*called FedEx morning of 19th because boxes are usually to SLC from Chicago in the morning - said they would put a trace on it and someone would call me back....gee...no call back
*box 1 in SLC October 19th
*HO said it was still within the 3 week delivery date so they couldn't do anything - WHAT?
*box 1 delivered today....IT WASN'T BOX 1!!!!!
*box 1 turned out to be an opened box of DVDs that were supposed to be shipped to the Logan, UT Wal-Mart in September. The shipping label and part of the PC box was taken off the box and placed on the DVD one. Our silver bag packing material was also put in the DVD box
*host said she wasn't giving back the box of DVDs until she got her PC products
*called FedEx and they "updated the trace" !@&$!(&$#
*said they would have more info on TUESDAY
*I said that was totally unacceptable (in a nice way) and something else should be done
*she said since it was Ground that they work Tues-Sat but I could call on Monday to see if anything was found and at that time a claim could be filed
*I asked if we could file the claim tonight
*she said no because we needed to give them time
*she also suggested that I might want to find out what products are missing and submit another order for the products and then get reimbursed for the first set...good idea
*I asked if she needed any PC products
*she said she doesn't cook and doesn't know much about our products
*I gave her my website and I think she'll look and maybe buy because I was so screwed by them!

I guess one other good thing is that we will be outside the 3-week delivery and HO might give my customers an apology gift or something

Wow!:eek: What is up with that????

Sooooo Lame!

Uh, yeah....I just emailed HO requesting that the contents of Box 1 be shipped overnight at FedEx's expense so these customers could get their stuff!

Oh, and as for flaky guest 1 who ordered over $100 of products and never returned my calls for payment...hehturns out she "never made an order and could I have her number so I could tell her how to run a business" - they are all Mary Kay people and don't get me started on the way they treated me during my recruiting talk!!!

Wow! I know that FedEx Ground is having some labor issues. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Read or Watch THE SECRET by Rhonda Byrne...it might help for future instances.

My Fed Ex guy told me that they are getting fired by PC. He is a Chatty Cathy and also told me the first time he said it that PC was sold to a new company ( I just nodded and smiled). Then on Friday, he said that they had a meeting at his hub about it that morning. Apparently PC is very upset with the fact that so many boxes are getting to customers in such bad shape. HE expects they will be fired soon...he said maybe they go with DHL?

What a mess!

erinyourpclady said:
My Fed Ex guy told me that they are getting fired by PC. He is a Chatty Cathy and also told me the first time he said it that PC was sold to a new company ( I just nodded and smiled). Then on Friday, he said that they had a meeting at his hub about it that morning. Apparently PC is very upset with the fact that so many boxes are getting to customers in such bad shape. HE expects they will be fired soon...he said maybe they go with DHL?

PC sold to another company???
As for us ditching FedEx, I wouldn't be surprised. My old UPS guy once told me that many many years ago, PC left UPS for FedEx and was back within about a year.

HELLO!!! What is wrong with UPS??? Did they do something wrong? I think things were a lot smoother with them!!!

Wow. It's hard for me to totally relate, since I've lived overseas for 5 years now. But, even we receive our shipments within a couple of weeks!!

I like FedEx because I get everything 2 days sooner than with UPS. And UPS was fine with me too (any my UPS guy is HOT!).

I'm sure HO is addressing all of this right now so we don't have problems coming into the holiday season.

I think you should call HO and speak to a supervisor about this. It's totally unacceptable! I had issues with FEDEX in the beginning, but now I've got my delivery guy trained and have not had anymore issues.

finley1991 said:
I like FedEx because I get everything 2 days sooner than with UPS. And UPS was fine with me too (any my UPS guy is HOT!).

I'm sure HO is addressing all of this right now so we don't have problems coming into the holiday season.

Colleen, that was so wrong. ;)
And on a Sunday, no less!!!:eek: :eek:

pamperedlinda said:
I I had issues with FEDEX in the beginning, but now I've got my delivery guy trained and have not had anymore issues.

And then Linda fell into the same pit!!:eek:

finley1991 said:
I like FedEx because I get everything 2 days sooner than with UPS. .
I seem to get my packages a day or two later with FedEx. They seem to travel all over the Chicagoland area before ending up at my house. I got packages much faster when we were with UPS. Huh, go figure. It just must depend what part of the country you're in, I guess.

dannyzmom said:
As for us ditching FedEx, I wouldn't be surprised. My old UPS guy once told me that many many years ago, PC left UPS for FedEx and was back within about a year.

My UPS guy told me the same thing...I hope they do go back. I know that cost was the overriding factor, but service has to count for something!

pamperedlinda said:
I think you should call HO and speak to a supervisor about this. It's totally unacceptable! I had issues with FEDEX in the beginning, but now I've got my delivery guy trained and have not had anymore issues.

I have an email in to HO and will be on the phone with them first thing Monday morning!

Over the years I have had things delivered by Speedy Delivery from PC. They are the white trucks with their info in a circle behind the driver's door. I always thought they were the uniform delivey company when I saw them driving around town!

Anyway, PC had sent a seasons best in the box as a thank you. They wanted a survey filled out as to the delivery company. They were trying a new one. This was longer than four years ago, since I wasn't a consultant then.

--Jenny L

That huge FR I did this summer - the fed ex guy delivered her boxes to her and stacked them 6 boxes high at the top of her side driveway 9she has a circular one in front by the front door. She didnt even know they were there - no knock, no ring of the bell, no nothing and she doesn't use that entrance so would have not had any way of knowing other than that I tracked it and told her they showed as delivered so she went around the side to see...the boxes were crushing the lower ones, stones were shattered, it was a total embarassment

pamperedbecky said:
I seem to get my packages a day or two later with FedEx. They seem to travel all over the Chicagoland area before ending up at my house. I got packages much faster when we were with UPS. Huh, go figure. It just must depend what part of the country you're in, I guess.

That's crazy, isn't it? Most of MI is a one-day ship from Chicago with UPS, and SE MI is a two-day ship. So it's not really a big deal... just when incentives go out and director gifts (at Christmas) we are sometimes a day behind. No biggie.

Sorry Lamar... too much for a Sunday! :) Should I post it again tomorrow that my UPS guy is hot?

Yes, please!

Maybe the switch from FedEx to the next company will be made at Leadership...

I wouldn't mind going back to UPS....I'm in the boat as Colleen.....my UPS guy is pretty easy on the eyes too!!!! LOL!!!

I have had no probs w/FedEx though....sorry for all of you that have. :(

Since we moved....I have yet to see a hot UPS guy. Now when we lived in VB......oh yeah!!!

nikked said:
My UPS guy told me the same thing...I hope they do go back. I know that cost was the overriding factor, but service has to count for something!

My brother works for UPS. He said last year (around the time PC changed from UPS to FedEx) was a negotiation year for UPS. UPS has a union known as the teamsters, that's who they were/are negotiating with. Alot of the larger companies that use UPS to ship, tend to "pull" their business to show that UPS can't just do whatever they want & that they should wrap up their talks in a timely manner....he heard a few weeks back that it looks like PC is going to be using UPS again. They do this every few years...but basically, it's just for PC (and other larger companies, like Dell and a few others) to flex their muscles & show that UPS isn't guaranteed their business! He said that 20% of the companies that use UPS are 80% of their business~PC is a HUGE factor in this!!
Sorry this got so long, but sometimes its nice to have the inside scoop!! I vote for UPS ALL THE WAY!!:thumbup:

WOW!!! I am so sorry!!

dannyzmom said:
That huge FR I did this summer - the fed ex guy delivered her boxes to her and stacked them 6 boxes high at the top of her side driveway 9she has a circular one in front by the front door. She didnt even know they were there - no knock, no ring of the bell, no nothing and she doesn't use that entrance so would have not had any way of knowing other than that I tracked it and told her they showed as delivered so she went around the side to see...the boxes were crushing the lower ones, stones were shattered, it was a total embarassment

I know! My guy puts it on the porch, rings the bell and literally RUNS away, God forbid he might have to see or talk to someone! But at least he rings the bell!

sarahlegare said:
My brother works for UPS. He said last year (around the time PC changed from UPS to FedEx) was a negotiation year for UPS. UPS has a union known as the teamsters, that's who they were/are negotiating with. Alot of the larger companies that use UPS to ship, tend to "pull" their business to show that UPS can't just do whatever they want & that they should wrap up their talks in a timely manner....he heard a few weeks back that it looks like PC is going to be using UPS again. They do this every few years...but basically, it's just for PC (and other larger companies, like Dell and a few others) to flex their muscles & show that UPS isn't guaranteed their business! He said that 20% of the companies that use UPS are 80% of their business~PC is a HUGE factor in this!!
Sorry this got so long, but sometimes its nice to have the inside scoop!! I vote for UPS ALL THE WAY!!:thumbup:

Sarah - thanks for the inside scoop! I hope it comes true soon!

Maybe this explains the rotten service from FedEx - if they knew they were only a "stop gap" vendor for PC, and didn't have a long term contract, maybe they didn't have any motivation to do a good job......doesn't excuse the poor service though!

urbnk8 said:
I know! My guy puts it on the porch, rings the bell and literally RUNS away, God forbid he might have to see or talk to someone! But at least he rings the bell!

Mine gently knock on the door and run too but only b/c there are 3 LARGE dogs barking at the window like they will eat my delivery guy.:D

BTW, I like the Saturday deliveries from Fed Ex and have not had any problems so far. My UPS guy was really nice too so I wouldn't mind going back to them. My neighbor would be happy to see UPS again, see works in their office. LOL. I get a dirty look from her (in a joking way) every time the Fed Ex guy shows up.

So, I wake up this morning with a message on my cell from FedEx saying they traced the package and it was delivered on the 20th (ummm....I could have gotten that from the website tracking) and sorry for the delay. Hmmm....either there was a communication breakdown or THEY DIDN'T READ THE STUFF THE GAL ON SATURDAY TYPED IN ABOUT IT BEING THE WRONG BOX!!! :cry: :yuck:

Oh, and I really like my FedEx guy and I do like the Saturday deliveries, but the quality of customer service and the people they have working in the shipping centers suck! IMHO

OK, here is my 2 cents! I am very disappointed in FedEx too. I recently had an order delivered to a host (she is a past consultant) and it was left in the rain (Sept. show! so you know what was in there, cookbooks!) I called HO. They said they couldn't do anything about FedEx's delivery policy of no plastic bags on a rainy day! (Like What are they thinking!)

Hoping to go back to UPS! Very reliable, kind and they ring my doorbell and don't run! The Fed Ex guy does NOT ring the doorbell, and sometimes leaves the packages in an area that isn't easily seen.

Connie

sarahlegare said:
he heard a few weeks back that it looks like PC is going to be using UPS again. I vote for UPS ALL THE WAY!!:thumbup:

From this page to God's ears. I hope your insider information is correct.

I so hope they don't go to DHL. That is seriously going from BAD to WORSE!!

I am almost horrified to hear of the terrible problems some folks have had with Fed Ex and the completely inane, nonsensical, screwball answers they are giving. Jeez.

That said, I have had absolutely no noticable difference in service from when we were UPS and now Fed Ex. UPS seemed to ring my door bell more often but that is about it. None ever waited at the door for my answer, although if I saw them coming, both companies delivery people would bring the boxes into my front room if I asked.

I don't get Saturday delivery with Fed Ex so the same M-F applies. Any problems with how the boxes arrive appear compltely related to visiably poor packing at PC warehouse. Can't blame bulging boxes with no packing material inside on the delivery company.

If they change, I do hope they return to UPS and not try a 3rd company.

dannyzmom said:

My hospitality director told me the same thing...and that this time when we switched to FedEx...that UPS was probably sitting back saying..."Ohh, they'll be back!" LOL

I was impressed with how fast FedEx got the orders here...UPS took 3 days, FedEx takes 2...but if things are missing and messed up...that's definitely a problem, and I'd rather wait ONE extra day, rather than having it all messed up in 2 days!

krzymomof4 said:
I so hope they don't go to DHL. That is seriously going from BAD to WORSE!!
I agree!!

I am not a good fan of Fed-ex either my guy looks like he fell off the train wreck litterally he is slob and isn't friendly he will stack the boxes high up and if i see him i will open the door being friendly he might reply becareful those are heavy WELL DUHHH I love my UPS guys i live in a small town i have them all trained hehe not really i know all of them and if i am not home and it is bad weather they just set them in the door for me and even if i am home if i hear the truck i open the door if i don't hear them they knock 3 times open the door call my name and set them in the door. I would be so very happy if we go back to UPS i just feel like they are more professional and cleaner and friendly and all around good company they might try to raise the prices but you got to admit for over all they are good men/women not just there do a job cause they are so friendly...Maybe the reason why they are that way with me i bribe them i make homemade pumpkin bread and give them to them on christmas the ups station is only 4 blocks from my house...I am going to hate to see what kind of condition fed-ex leaves my boxes on my sidewalk with the snow we get where i live..."shutters of the thought" Sorry so long but i guess i can't say enough good about UPS and enough bad about FED-EX

Oh boy, didn't know it was THIS bad. When we had UPS, the guy changed for almost EVERY delivery!! I have a locked gate so if no one was home I would have to wait or pick it up at the main office. That was a pain. Now with FedEX the lady that delivered my packages was sooo nice, she even asked if I could give her a key to the gate so I wouldn't miss my packages. She said she would take good care of it and I haven't had a problem since. Unfortunately she's going on maternity leave soon and she's passed my key to someone else, but made a point of introducing him to me and letting me know. I gave her a PC gift and catalog and asked her to book a show after the baby and I would pamper her for a day. Her friends and family would be around to help with the baby and I would cook. :) She thought it was a good idea.

So we got box 1 sent out 2 day air. The host should be receiving it tomorrow. HO was great, but I am NOT impressed with FedEx!

1. What caused the delay in shipping for the September 29th show?

The delay was caused by a combination of factors including a flaky customer and another customer who decided to order on their own show in November, as well as the show being submitted later than expected.

2. When was the show finally submitted?

The show was finally submitted on October 10th.

3. When did the show ship?

The show shipped on October 15th, with box 2 and 3 arriving on time on October 18th.

4. What happened with box 1?

Box 1 was still in Chicago on October 18th. It was eventually delivered on October 19th, but it turned out to be an opened box of DVDs that were supposed to be shipped to a Wal-Mart in September.

5. How did FedEx handle the situation?

FedEx started a trace on box 1 and said they would call back with more information on Tuesday. However, after further discussion, it was suggested to submit another order for the missing products and then file a claim for reimbursement. The representative also mentioned that she would check out the Pampered Chef website and possibly make a purchase due to the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bostonbelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • sk8rgrrl99