• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days Left - Get Ready, Chicago!"

wait, that's today!Dang, I was going to post this today! Today is Friday, May 9, 2008.Days until Wave 2: 66It's Friday the 9th! Wave 2 should start going out today. Keep an eye out!Today is Friday, May 9, 2008.Days until Wave 2: 66
pcchris said:
I'll be there....unable to make the MnG.......but I'll maybe see some of you at McCormick.

Hey Chris! Good to "see" you! Where have you been hiding?

Hey Lacy!

I've been around...mostly lurking. Lots going on in my life....don't want to get into it. Let's just say that conference will be a huge relief for my overstressed brain.

I hope to see some of you there!

straitfan said:
Leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm really getting excited now. The tickets to WICKED that I ordered through Ticketmaster came today..............just added to the excitement!

Sweet!!!! That looks soooooooooooo good and I have heard great reviews!! Are you going on Sunday night??

Today is Monday, June 30th.

Days until Conference: 14

(13 if you are arriving on Sunday like me :chef::D:chef::D)

Today's Tip:

A couple of small things to add to your list of things to carry with you at NC--safety pins and double-stick tape. There are few wardrobe malfunctions that can't be fixed with one or the other.

Last edited:
:grumpy:Ok it seems that I am the first only on the weekends...

All you other wave 2 people must sleep in then.:indif: Because I am not the first today......LOL;)

pcchris said:
Hey Lacy!

I've been around...mostly lurking. Lots going on in my life....don't want to get into it. Let's just say that conference will be a huge relief for my overstressed brain.

I hope to see some of you there!

Well take care of yourself, & hopefully we'll run into each other at conference!

momoftwins said:
Sweet!!!! That looks soooooooooooo good and I have heard great reviews!! Are you going on Sunday night??

The only Sunday show is a 2:00 matinee. Our flight gets into Chicago about 9am, so I think we should make it with no worries. (Will probably have to stow our luggage and check into the hotel afterwards). I wanted to do this SO BAD last year, but didn't have the time. I made sure to work it into the schedule this year.

It sure is getting close! I can't wait! Days like today when the kids are fighting a lot, I look forward to NC even more!:D

MissChef said:
It sure is getting close! I can't wait! Days like today when the kids are fighting a lot, I look forward to NC even more!:D

Ditto!!! I am so looking forward to the time away from my kids!!! I love them but they are going to be 3 in September and are surely acting their age!

straitfan said:
The only Sunday show is a 2:00 matinee. Our flight gets into Chicago about 9am, so I think we should make it with no worries. (Will probably have to stow our luggage and check into the hotel afterwards). I wanted to do this SO BAD last year, but didn't have the time. I made sure to work it into the schedule this year.

I am jealous! I have wanted to see that too - maybe it will make its way here to Omaha (or back to if it has been here before, can't remember)!! You will have to tell me all about it if I get to see you at the meet n greet or something!

OK - so anyone out there not see the Sex in the City movie yet??? I am planning on taking it in while in Chicago - probably Sunday night. I need to find the movie listings somewhere online. I remember there is a movie theatre not far from the Sheraton.

Today is Tuesday, July 1st.

Days until Conference: 13

(12 if you are arriving on Sunday like me ):sing::D:D

Today's tip:

"I know you ladies want to look your best at NC. (I'm sure you men do, too, but this tip probably won't apply to you.) You'll be tempted to bring lots of cosmetics "just in case." Resist that urge. Think about the look you'll be creating and what you'll be wearing. Bring only those cosmetics you'll need. You'll be glad you did." Thanks Rae!

Dang! I thought for sure I'd be the first today, LOL!:p

Seriously, I need to stop sleeping in!
Thanks Brenda for taking the ropes :)
11 Days for me!!
time to get moving!

momoftwins said:
I am jealous! I have wanted to see that too - maybe it will make its way here to Omaha (or back to if it has been here before, can't remember)!! You will have to tell me all about it if I get to see you at the meet n greet or something!

Buy a ticket and come with us!! If you'll be in by then. Part of our cluster is flying in from Omaha (our director's director is her sister and she lives up there). I'll have to find out what flight they're on. The rest of us are flying in from KC.

momoftwins said:
OK - so anyone out there not see the Sex in the City movie yet??? I am planning on taking it in while in Chicago - probably Sunday night. I need to find the movie listings somewhere online. I remember there is a movie theatre not far from the Sheraton.

That sounds like fun!! But don't think we'll be able to do it Sun. night. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I'll have to think about that one. We're at the Sheraton too. I know that still on the list of "should have done last year" is Garrett's popcorn and American Girl Place. (And I'm sure my clustermates would be bored stiff, but the teacher in me REALLY wants to find some time to visit the field museum.) I'd probably have better luck getting them to the aquarium. Probably won't have time to do it all. Anybody have any leads on discount admissions???

lacychef said:
Dang! I thought for sure I'd be the first today, LOL!:p

haha!:p:) maybe next time! (or maybe not) :p

straitfan said:
Buy a ticket and come with us!! If you'll be in by then. Part of our cluster is flying in from Omaha (our director's director is her sister and she lives up there). I'll have to find out what flight they're on. The rest of us are flying in from KC.

That sounds like fun!! But don't think we'll be able to do it Sun. night. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I'll have to think about that one. We're at the Sheraton too. I know that still on the list of "should have done last year" is Garrett's popcorn and American Girl Place. (And I'm sure my clustermates would be bored stiff, but the teacher in me REALLY wants to find some time to visit the field museum.) I'd probably have better luck getting them to the aquarium. Probably won't have time to do it all. Anybody have any leads on discount admissions???

Christy - my flight gets into Chicago at like 4pm. I had wanted to go to the Cubs baseball game (have always wanted to do that everytime I have gone to NC) but the game is at 1pm! UGH! Maybe next year!!! I wouldn't mind seeing the Field Museum either. Things to think about!

Who is your directors sister??

Bren706 said:
haha!:p:) maybe next time! (or maybe not) :p

OK, we'll see tomorrow!

momoftwins said:
Who is your directors sister??

Glee Witzke---I can't remember the name of the town she lives in right now........could be Beatrice, but I don't think so.

Ah - don't know that name at all. I live in Omaha.

COULD IT BE TRUE? Am I the first today?

JULY 2nd.........12

(11 Days until I arrive)

I can't wait!! I'm still looking for a house to move into. I'll be packing my house up along with my stuff I'm taking to CHICAGO.

Can some one post the tip of the day? I'm not sure where to find it:eek::blushing:

Yeah! Everyone else is sleeping in today; & I thought I did:p

Days until conference:12

11 if you come in on Sunday!

Wo-hoo!

Ida, we were typing at the same time, LOL!

lacychef said:
Yeah! Everyone else is sleeping in today; & I thought I did:p

Days until conference:12

11 if you come in on Sunday!

Wo-hoo!

LOL!!! Kisrae beat you!!!! ROTFLMBO! Awww Lacy, better luck next time!!;):D:p

Here's the tip of the day!

Do one last check, skin out, of all your clothing. Remember to check everything carefully. Does anything need to be cleaned or mended? Does everything fit comfortably? Is there anything you can eliminate from your packing?

On a side note, several people on other threads have mentioned carrying Tide Stain Sticks. Those work well. Personally, I like Oxy Clean Spray-Away Instant Stain Remover. There are also the tried and true Shout Wipes. Whichever you choose, it's wise to carry something. Of course, you may not have as much trouble eating without spilling on yourself as I do.

I love it. Thats what I get when I have to go back and edit myself. I was in shock.

HA! I got a phone call while typing....or I'd have been first, LOL!

I talked to Amanda yesterday. Her family is doing great and theire having a great time camping.
Thanks Cathy for the tip today.

Days until conference: 11

10 if you come on Sunday!

Wow, it's getting CLOSE!

Here's Rae's tip:
Now's the time to start checking on the weather forecast for Chicago. That may help you narrow your clothing choices, lightening your packing load.

Thanks Lacy! I'm off to meet some friends for breakfast then off to shop.
HAVE A GREAT DAY GIRLS!

It's getting so close!
I have to go shopping and find at least one more outfit! (also have to buy earplugs for my roommates! (LOL!)

I think I may need to shop for one more outfit too. I'm clueless and waiting on answers about any dinners, etc. that I need it for. I have emails out to my directors,etc. so we'll see!! :)

Thanks for the countdown!! I'll be arriving on Sunday!!!!!!!!

straitfan said:
It's getting so close!
I have to go shopping and find at least one more outfit! (also have to buy earplugs for my roommates! (LOL!)

My thoughts exactly!!! I am going to try and go maybe Saturday or Sunday during the twins nap time if I can get DH to stay home then and watch them! It is soooooooo much easier shopping for clothes without the twins!! I too am going to buy earplugs for my roommates!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

Days until Conference: 10

9 days if you arrive on Sunday!

Today's tip:

You'll come back from NC full of excitement and great ideas. Don't waste it. Start a list now of the people you want to contact after you get back. You know the people I'm talking about--all of those "maybe" and "one day soon" people. Start your list and put it where you'll find it within 24-48 hours of returning.

jbdowd0798 said:
I think I may need to shop for one more outfit too. I'm clueless and waiting on answers about any dinners, etc. that I need it for. I have emails out to my directors,etc. so we'll see!! :)

Thanks for the countdown!! I'll be arriving on Sunday!!!!!!!!

Who is your Exec Director?

Nancy Jo Ryan. I read the other thread on her theme but never been to NC I don't want to overdress and stand out or underdress and stand out! ha ha

Days until Conference: 9

days if you arrive on Sunday!

Today's tip:

Make a list of the people you'll want to immediately send fall mini-catalogs to. I've already told 6 people that I'll slip one in the mail to them along with a list of the discontinuing items as soon as I'm back. (The postcards I send are for July/early August hosts. I consider it an extra little host-coaching contact. They'll receive a mini-catalog at their show.)

Thanks for doing the couting Brenda--I wasn't even on the computer yesterday.
Hope you all had a good 4th!

anyone at the #300,000 table??

Days until Conference: 8
7 days if you arrive on Sunday!

Today's tip:

We've talked about the importance of comfortable shoes. Now is a good time to check over the ones you're bringing. Clean and inspect them before packing. Polish them, if necessary. If you're like me, you'll want to look good almost as much as you'll want to be comfortable.

Thanks Rae

One week--wa-hoo!:D

I'm pumped! Got in late last night from vacation and now its time to really think about and start packing for Sunday's trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I woke up this morning, it was about 7:30 and I thought, "Wow! This time next week, I'll be in the air, on my way to freedom!" LOL! J/K, my kids and hubby are great, but I look forward to not having to make all the decisions and fix everyone's issue! Including my hubby! LOL!:balloon::thumbup::D Only for a few days though, that is all I can handle, then I become major home sick!! And I just have to have my family!

I really, really, really need to start packing!

MissChef said:
When I woke up this morning, it was about 7:30 and I thought, "Wow! This time next week, I'll be in the air, on my way to freedom!" LOL! J/K, my kids and hubby are great, but I look forward to not having to make all the decisions and fix everyone's issue! Including my hubby! LOL!:balloon::thumbup::D Only for a few days though, that is all I can handle, then I become major home sick!! And I just have to have my family!

I can really relate. I've been looking for a house to move into and I started to pack. I know when I'm gone nothing will get done. I hope I can find a house before we leave on Saturday.
WISH ME LUCK!! I also have a job interview on Weds morning. I need this job!

Today is Monday, July 7th:

Days until Conference: 7

6 days if you arrive on Sunday!:D:D

Today's tip:

Only 1 week to go! Yippee! Now's the time to start checking on the weather forecast for Chicago. That may help you narrow your clothing choices, lightening your packing load.

Bren706 said:
I really, really, really need to start packing!

HA! I'll do that on Saturday!:p

5 days before we leave for the airport!
lacychef said:
HA! I'll do that on Saturday!:p

Lacy you sound like me. I am getting better about procrastinating.

Hey, you're back! Did you have a good camping trip?
Yes, I'm a huge procrastinator...trying to get better! I'm happy---I got 2 new capri/nice tshirt outfits in JCPenny's yesterday. Got 4 things for $47:thumbup:(that's the only place around here to shop---other than Walmart!)

Yes I'm Back......
lacychef said:
Yes, I'm a huge procrastinator...trying to get better! I'm happy---I got 2 new capri/nice tshirt outfits in JCPenny's yesterday. Got 4 things for $47:thumbup:(that's the only place around here to shop---other than Walmart!)

Camping was awesome, it felt too short. My son tried giving me a heart attack on his quad several times. Our shopping was fun, we hit Fred Myers and their sales, then no tax was sweet. Lacy I totally understand about shopping, there is not much here either. We do have a lot of botiques (SP), but I am too cheap to pay $40+ for a top.

I just pulled out my carry on bag, we will see if I wait to Saturday Morn.

lacychef said:

Lacy - I went to Kohl's yesterday and bought a new capri outfit and a new top to go with a pair of capri's I have at home!! I am totally looking forward to meeting all of you!!

<h2>1. How many days are left until Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>There are currently 72 days left until Wave 2 in Chicago.</p><h2>2. When is Wave 2 taking place in Chicago?</h2><p>Wave 2 will be taking place on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Chicago.</p><h2>3. What is Wave 2 in Chicago all about?</h2><p>Wave 2 in Chicago is an event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and give attendees an opportunity to learn, network, and have fun.</p><h2>4. Is there a cost to attend Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, there is a registration fee to attend Wave 2 in Chicago. Please visit our website for more information and to register.</p><h2>5. Can anyone attend Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can attend Wave 2 in Chicago. However, registration is required and space is limited, so be sure to sign up early to secure your spot.</p>

1. How many days are left until Wave 2 in Chicago?

There are currently 72 days left until Wave 2 in Chicago.

2. When is Wave 2 taking place in Chicago?

Wave 2 will be taking place on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Chicago.

3. What is Wave 2 in Chicago all about?

Wave 2 in Chicago is an event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and give attendees an opportunity to learn, network, and have fun.

4. Is there a cost to attend Wave 2 in Chicago?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend Wave 2 in Chicago. Please visit our website for more information and to register.

5. Can anyone attend Wave 2 in Chicago?

Yes, anyone can attend Wave 2 in Chicago. However, registration is required and space is limited, so be sure to sign up early to secure your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views