• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days | Today's Date: 4/30/07

:rolleyes:That's me, the feel-good poster.K Janet...Days until the start of Wave 2: 63.Days until the start of Wave 2: 62.Days until the start of Wave 2: 61.Days until the start of Wave 2: 60.Days until the start of Wave 2: 59.Days until the start of Wave 2: 58.Days until the start of Wave 2: 57.Days until the start of Wave 2: 56.Days until the start of Wave 2: 55.Days until the start of Wave 2: 54.Days until the start of Wave 2: 53.
Most definitely. Another option is to bring along a collapsible bag to carry your goodies home in.

My suitcase has a zipper that, when opened, adds about 1 1/2 inches to the depth of the suitcase. It's come in handy. :)

Ooh, handy.

It's nice because you don't always have the luxury of carrying an additional bag on the way home. This way, I can just open up the zipper, and pack a heck of a lot more in the suitcase. :)Like mini catalogs, etc. (Which you can ship home in a surprise package, BTW)

chefann said:
It's nice because you don't always have the luxury of carrying an additional bag on the way home. This way, I can just open up the zipper, and pack a heck of a lot more in the suitcase. :)

Like mini catalogs, etc. (Which you can ship home in a surprise package, BTW)

Do you think Fed-Ex will be on site to ship like UPS was? That was so great not to have to lug those 18 boxes of cake mix home! (yep - I was wave 3 - by that time it was a free-for-all with the cakes - "Take as many as you want")

ChefBeckyD said:
Do you think Fed-Ex will be on site to ship like UPS was? That was so great not to have to lug those 18 boxes of cake mix home! (yep - I was wave 3 - by that time it was a free-for-all with the cakes - "Take as many as you want")

HOLY COW!! You really didn't have 18 boxes, did you?:eek:

I hope so. I'll be arriving and departing by car, so it's not a big deal to me, but it's so much easier for those of you flying.

PampMomof3 said:
HOLY COW!! You really didn't have 18 boxes, did you?:eek:

I really did - and so did my director, and another girl in our cluster! They had boxes right there by the cake, and they just kept piling them in the boxes for us!
I still have 4-5 left in the cupboard! I could bring you one!:D

I think I got 12 and still have quite a bit of it left in my office closet. any idea on the shelf life???

smspamperedchef said:
I think I got 12 and still have quite a bit of it left in my office closet. any idea on the shelf life???

I went home with 14. I thought I was saving $ by NOT shipping them - by puttin ghtem in my suitcase instead. Boy was I surprised when they charged me an extra $50 at the airport for having a heavy bag :(

raebates said:
I appreciate the offer, Janet. She already has several names to look up while she's there. I've promised her I wouldn't add to that list.

No problem - not asking her to look him up...just offering the name/connection in case she had any issues there and may need help. He is very busy anyway. I know there is a team from my home church of about 8 men over there trying to help build him a house right now.

ChefBeckyD said:
I really did - and so did my director, and another girl in our cluster! They had boxes right there by the cake, and they just kept piling them in the boxes for us!
I still have 4-5 left in the cupboard! I could bring you one!:D

WOW!!! I would love one!! I LOVE those cakes!! I just looked at your hometown and I guess I never realized you're from my hometown state of MICHIGAN!!! I'm from a very small town called Lapeer. Have you heard of it? Flint is the next major town but it's still a drive. (if my memory is correct, it's like a 45 minute drive from Lapeer to Flint but I was 12 when we left:eek: )

dannyzmom said:
I went home with 14. I thought I was saving $ by NOT shipping them - by puttin ghtem in my suitcase instead. Boy was I surprised when they charged me an extra $50 at the airport for having a heavy bag :(

GEEZ Carolyn, I bet you were pi**ed!! I would have been!:rolleyes:

dannyzmom said:
Boy was I surprised when they charged me an extra $50 at the airport for having a heavy bag :(

Yeah, that would stink....I'm ALWAYS worried about that when I fly now....:(

Carolyn...you should have just tucked them under your shirt - he-he... They sure don't charge a person $50 when they are overweight...

janetupnorth said:
Carolyn...you should have just tucked them under your shirt - he-he... They sure don't charge a person $50 when they are overweight...

BAhahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!

PampMomof3 said:
WOW!!! I would love one!! I LOVE those cakes!! I just looked at your hometown and I guess I never realized you're from my hometown state of MICHIGAN!!! I'm from a very small town called Lapeer. Have you heard of it? Flint is the next major town but it's still a drive. (if my memory is correct, it's like a 45 minute drive from Lapeer to Flint but I was 12 when we left:eek: )

You want one?
If I have room in my suitcase I'll throw in a box of $50 Lemon Cake Mix for ya...that is, as long as it doesn't put me over the 50lb limit - LOL

Except, I could just see you going through the X-ray...

"Excuse me ma'am...we don't sense any metal, but why are your uh-hum...girls looking kind of square?"

Today is 6/22/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 20.

What not to take is as important as what to take. Leave the family heirlooms at home. While your hotel should be secure, theft does happen. If it's an irreplaceable piece of family history, you may want to rethink bringing it along. If you're being recognized for a special achievement, and you really want to wear great aunt Bertha's brooch, ask about the hotel safe.

Thanks, Janet. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll ask her if she would like for me to get that info from you. It's her first experience of this kind, and she's a bit anxious. I'm doing my best to stay a step back and let this be her experience. You know what I mean? I'm trying not to give too much advice or "help."

raebates said:
Thanks, Janet. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll ask her if she would like for me to get that info from you. It's her first experience of this kind, and she's a bit anxious. I'm doing my best to stay a step back and let this be her experience. You know what I mean? I'm trying not to give too much advice or "help."

Not a problem at all! Easy to misunderstand typing. :)

Only 20 days away - WOW!

Today is 6/23/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 19.Make sure of the carry-on rules. I don't know about buses, but airlines have strict carry-on policies. You don't want to have to leave things you've carefully packed behind. Contact your airline (or bus company) for their rules. Don't forget that the Transportation Security Administration has some rules in place, too. Questions? Get the answers at www.tsa.gov or 866-289-9673.

Last edited:
Today is 6/24/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 18.

Okay, so you have your list done. Gather together the clothes you're planning to take. Check each one carefully.

• Does anything need a good cleaning? Check carefully for spots and stains.
  • Is everything in good repair? Check for dropped hems, hanging threads, and seams in need of repair.
  • Do you have everything you need to complete each outfit? Don't forget any special undergarments (slips, strapless bras, etc.). [Sorry guys. I'd include any special undergarments for you men, but I just keep picturing KG and Jason in strapless bras. :eek: ]

You don't want to be at NC, in the process of getting ready, and realize that you've forgotten something or that something needs cleaning or repair.

Last edited:
Today is 6/25/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 17.While you're checking all of your clothing to make sure it's clean and in good repair, why not see if you can eliminate an item or two. Instead of bringing two or three different pairs of shoes, will one pair of shoes work for everything? If you're bringing sweaters or jackets in case the rooms are chilly, do you have one that will work for all three days? Remember, the less you take with you, the more room you'll have to bring stuff back.

Today is 6/26/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 16.We’re going to have a lot of fun at NC. Remember, though, that this is a business trip! Get and keep receipts for everything. Most of your expenses will be tax-deductible. Why not label an envelope “Receipts” and bring it with you? It will help you keep track of everything.

Today is 6/27/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 15.Don’t arrive at NC all frazzled. Take a good look at your schedule leading up to your departure. Have you made a realistic schedule? Be honest. Can you really get everything done in the time allotted without driving yourself insane? If not, be ruthless. Eliminate. Delegate. Do whatever it takes to make sure you get some rest and a little time with your family before you leave. You’ll get more out of NC if you aren’t exhausted.

You know Rae, you're right. I'm going to have to eliminate our meet n greet!!

Just Kidding!!!:p

Today is 6/28/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 14.OMG! Only two weeks to go!Here’s a great idea from Julie Weitz. Take three index cards with you to each workshop. Label one “Wow! Do it now!” Label the second “Great idea! Do it soon!” Lab el the third “Think about this.” When you’re sitting in a workshop and they give you a great idea, write it down on one of the cards. This will make it easier to implement the ideas once you get back home.

Rae,
I'm glad you mentioned this tip! I was thinking at our Feb regional with Julie that it would be great to do for conference.

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away!!! Aaahhhh....I'm not ready! But I am getting SOOOOO excited!

I'm so glad I went to Julie's training. My business has really taken off since I started implementing some of her ideas. I've shared this tip with lots of people going to various conferences and classes. It makes sense for training of any kind.

Today is 6/29/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 13.Kristi had a great idea. She’s making a care package to leave behind for her family. Now, The Furry Guy is used to being on his own, so a pan of mac & cheese and a few phone calls to touch base while I’m gone will be just fine for him. However, if you have young children at home (or a spouse who’s not used to being on his or her own), a few treats could help them deal with your absence and may make them more willing to let you go next time.

Today is 6/30/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 12.Don’t forget to bring along a bit of cash for tipping. And, remember to tip your hotel maid. Generally speaking, a dollar a day per person is considered standard.

WHO HOO! Only 12 days! WOW!

I'm getting excited. I got my pillow present in the mail last night since I won't be with my cluster...so cool!

janetupnorth said:

I'm getting excited. I got my pillow present in the mail last night since I won't be with my cluster...so cool!

OMG 12 days?!?!?!?
Oy.
here comes the anxiety.
My kids (aged 5 and 8) will be travelling with their father (my exDH) while we are in Chicago. He is taking them to Las Vegas and San Francisco with about 4 stops in between. I am a nervous wreck about all their travelling and fear I will be angst ridden the whole time I am in Chicago :(

Oh Carolyn! I feel you there. My oldest DD will be traveling to Orlando with her dad (my exH). I hate that she won't be at home with my DH & the other two kids. We can be worryworts together!

crystalscookingnow said:
Oh Carolyn! I feel you there. My oldest DD will be traveling to Orlando with her dad (my exH). I hate that she won't be at home with my DH & the other two kids. We can be worryworts together!

Ok Crystal - now I don't want this to come across wrong -- but I am GLAD your DD is traveling as well...so now I will have someone to worry with who will totally understand my freaking out!!!! I am sorry you have to go through this ... it's not fun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone...but I take comfort in knowing we are not alone...we can mope together and if necessary have ourselves a l ittle cry together.

janetupnorth said:

12 days??? I'm so excited!!! :D :D What did you get as your pillow present???:)

dannyzmom said:
Ok Crystal - now I don't want this to come across wrong -- but I am GLAD your DD is traveling as well...so now I will have someone to worry with who will totally understand my freaking out!!!! I am sorry you have to go through this ... it's not fun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone...but I take comfort in knowing we are not alone...we can mope together and if necessary have ourselves a l ittle cry together.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( I know it's no fun at all. He's is from Canada & when I left him, he told me he was taking her back to Canada & that I'd have to go through the courts up there to get her back. I promptly got a temporary custody/restraining order & he didn't see her until it was in place. Everytime he leaves with her to go somewhere I have a pit in my stomach. After 4 years though, it has gotten better (I left when she was 18 mos), but I still worry!

I'll PM you Kristi - I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may be in my cluster and getting it for Wave 1.

PM sent - cool wasn't it?

Very cool!!! How thoughtful as well. :D

janetupnorth said:

OK, I'll bite...what's a "pillow present"?? Is this from your upline, or from Home Office?:confused:

Paula

Today is 7/1/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 11.

I know that I keep harping on the “pack light” thing. Now I’m going to tell you to bring something extra—a small first aid kit. A blister, a headache, or an upset tummy can really make it difficult to enjoy NC. If possible, make it something small you can carry with you during the day. A few Band-Aids, some aspirin, and some tummy tablets are well worth the space they take up.

Definitely BAND-AIDS! I wear the same shoes all the time and for some reason, all the walking at conference last year caused them to give me blisters! I always have band-aids and tylenol and am a very popular person there! If you need some, look for me!

I second that small 1st aid kit... I brought blister bandaids, tylenol, kleenix and snacks with me each day last year and every day I had multiple people need something. Also on my list this year is a small bottle of tums, as with that little sleep and so much running around, I am sure some heartburn will hit!

Paula R. Lewis said:
OK, I'll bite...what's a "pillow present"?? Is this from your upline, or from Home Office?:confused:

Paula

Our ED leaves a present each conference on the first night on the pillow of everyone in her cluster. It is a neat, fun gesture.

finley1991 said:
Definitely BAND-AIDS! I wear the same shoes all the time and for some reason, all the walking at conference last year caused them to give me blisters! I always have band-aids and tylenol and am a very popular person there! If you need some, look for me!

I have to always bring my own - that whole latex allergy thing...

Today is 7/2/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 10.Arriving early or staying an extra day? Talk to your cluster or traveling buddies about any touristy things you want to do—see a play, visit a museum, etc.

OK, I'm REAL new here... Noone go crazy on me.... I've been reading a lot of posts and see the Wave thing everywhere. What is Wave 1, 2, and 3??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

<h2>1. What is the significance of Wave 2? </h2><p>Wave 2 is the second phase of a product launch at Pampered Chef. It may include new products, promotions, and incentives for consultants and customers.</p><h2>2. When does Wave 2 start?</h2><p>Wave 2 starts in 72 days from today's date, which is April 30, 2007. </p><h2>3. How long will Wave 2 last?</h2><p>The duration of Wave 2 may vary, but typically it lasts for a few months. It is important to take advantage of the promotions and incentives during this time.</p><h2>4. Can anyone participate in Wave 2?</h2><p>Yes, consultants and customers can both participate in Wave 2. Consultants can take advantage of the promotions and incentives to boost their sales and grow their business. Customers can purchase new products and take advantage of any special offers during this time.</p><h2>5. What should I do to prepare for Wave 2?</h2><p>As a consultant, it is important to stay updated on any announcements and promotions for Wave 2. You can also start promoting the upcoming launch to your customers and building excitement. As a customer, you can keep an eye out for new products and special offers during Wave 2.</p>

1. What is the significance of Wave 2?

Wave 2 is the second phase of a product launch at Pampered Chef. It may include new products, promotions, and incentives for consultants and customers.

2. When does Wave 2 start?

Wave 2 starts in 72 days from today's date, which is April 30, 2007.

3. How long will Wave 2 last?

The duration of Wave 2 may vary, but typically it lasts for a few months. It is important to take advantage of the promotions and incentives during this time.

4. Can anyone participate in Wave 2?

Yes, consultants and customers can both participate in Wave 2. Consultants can take advantage of the promotions and incentives to boost their sales and grow their business. Customers can purchase new products and take advantage of any special offers during this time.

5. What should I do to prepare for Wave 2?

As a consultant, it is important to stay updated on any announcements and promotions for Wave 2. You can also start promoting the upcoming launch to your customers and building excitement. As a customer, you can keep an eye out for new products and special offers during Wave 2.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views