• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days | Today's Date: 4/30/07

:rolleyes:That's me, the feel-good poster.K Janet...Days until the start of Wave 2: 63.Days until the start of Wave 2: 62.Days until the start of Wave 2: 61.Days until the start of Wave 2: 60.Days until the start of Wave 2: 59.Days until the start of Wave 2: 58.Days until the start of Wave 2: 57.Days until the start of Wave 2: 56.Days until the start of Wave 2: 55.Days until the start of Wave 2: 54.Days until the start of Wave 2: 53.
Today is 6/06/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 36.

While you're in Chicago, be sure to carry your hotel's address with you. After all, there is more than one Sheraton or Hilton. And, while PC is very important, not every cab driver will know where we're staying.

is there a general list of things to pack for NC?

There is an official checklist on Consultant's Corner. Click on Consultant Leadership and Training. Then click on National Conference. It's listed under downloads.

There is also a list someone posted here, but I don't know where.

Today is 6/07/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 35.

Once you've arrived at your hotel room, unpack. I know it's tempting to drop your bags and run out to meet all the other consultants and, especially, the other cheffers. However, if you'll take just a few minutes to hang up your clothes, put your toiletries in the bathroom, etc., you'll save yourself time in the long run. Plus, if you're sharing the room, and you're the first one to arrive, you get to stake out prime real estate for yourself. :D

Only 35 days - wow!

Terra - I added you to our room list on Monday. I'll keep you posted as things get closer on our arrival times, etc.

OMG! I am so unprepared.

Unprepared? Have you not been following the instructions here and on the other NC threads? ;)

raebates said:
Unprepared? Have you not been following the instructions here and on the other NC threads? ;)
Instructions? What instructions? LOL!!!:p

All of Rae's fabulous tips.

conference check list and goal sheetAttached ia conference checklist that I got from my director and a goal sheet.

Ann R

Attachments

• Conference Checklist & Goal Setting.doc
    29 KB · Views: 238
Today is 6/08/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 34.

We've been concentrating on our arrival, but departure is important, too. Why not get everything but the bare essentials packed the night before? It will save you time the next morning, when things may be a bit rushed. It will also lessen the likelihood of leaving something behind.

Today is 6/09/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 33.Pack light. Check out the Chicago weather a few days before you leave, that way you won't feel a need to bring clothes for everything from snow to a heat wave.

We may have room in our hotel room for 1 person if anyone needs a room. We have a room at the Sheraton for Wednesday, July 11th, 12th and 13th. I should know if indeed we have the room hopefully by the next week or two. My director was checking with 1 other person to see if she was going. Let me know if you are looking for a room and I will let you know for sure if we have one or not. Thanks!!! Can't wait to go to conference!!!:D :D :D :D

Today is 6/10/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 32.Peanuts? Granola bars? What snack helps keep you going? You might want to bring some along. With everything going on at NC, a healthy snack to boost your energy mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon may be just what you need to stay alert and get the most out of those great workshops! (Sorry, donuts and candy bars don't count.)

What do ya mean donuts and candy bars don't count?!?! You mean to tell me that my afternoon snack is the reason that I am exhausted when I come home from work and that there's a little more to love on me?!!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wish I had known this years ago :rolleyes:

All sillyness aside I think it is important to have some chocolate while at conference, as we tell our show guests... chocolate releases endorphins and endorphins make us happy and we all want to be happy don't we? :D :p :D

GourmetGirl said:
What do ya mean donuts and candy bars don't count?!?! You mean to tell me that my afternoon snack is the reason that I am exhausted when I come home from work and that there's a little more to love on me?!!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wish I had known this years ago :rolleyes:

All sillyness aside I think it is important to have some chocolate while at conference, as we tell our show guests... chocolate releases endorphins and endorphins make us happy and we all want to be happy don't we? :D :p :D
I agree!!!!

GourmetGirl said:
What do ya mean donuts and candy bars don't count?!?! You mean to tell me that my afternoon snack is the reason that I am exhausted when I come home from work and that there's a little more to love on me?!!? :eek: :eek: :eek: I wish I had known this years ago :rolleyes: All sillyness aside I think it is important to have some chocolate while at conference, as we tell our show guests... chocolate releases endorphins and endorphins make us happy and we all want to be happy don't we? :D :p :D
Oh, I am totally in favor of one to two ounces of dark chocolate per day. That's what's recommended by the AMA, even for diabetics. Those antioxidants are good for you; not to mention the endorphins.Of course, those benefits tend to be canceled when that chocolate surrounds chewy nougat.

Today is 6/11/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 31.

Be sure to print of the Wave 2 Stage List before you leave for NC. This way you'll know who to cheer really loud for.

When leaving in the morning for the last day of conference, make sure you have enough time to wait on those elevators! They were a killer at leadership at our hotel. We walked down about 20 flights of stairs, my thighs ached for days and saw some gross stuff in those stair wells!

Ann R.

Gross stuff would be a problem. Walking the stairs might be a good aerobic workout.

Today is 6/12/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 30.One month! One month from today the great Wave 2 begins!!!! Whether you're traveling by plane, bus, or train, be sure to have your identification handy. Depending on your mode of travel, you may need to show that ID several times. You may also need more than one form of ID.

Today is 6/13/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 29.What to pack? Make a plan. You'll need business casual clothing with comfortable shoes for three days of workshops/sessions. You'll need one outfit for your executive banquet. Check with your director to find out what type of dress is expected for yours.Okay, so now that you know what type of clothes you'll need, make your plan. Plan out each outfit down to the jewelry you'll wear. Can you wear the same shoes for all three business casual outfits? How about the same jewelry? Every decision either takes up more suitcase space or allows you more room.

Today is 6/14/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 28.You might want to check with the hotel (or others who have stayed at your hotel in the past) to see what amenities they offer. Some offer a hair dryer, an iron and ironing board, etc. If you're not picky about those things, you could leave yours at home. That will give you more suitcase room for your shopping spoils.

Does anyone know if the sheraton has a hair dryer and an iron?

Also anyone have their website?

chefkristin said:
Does anyone know if the sheraton has a hair dryer and an iron?

Also anyone have their website?

The Sheraton does...you can google chicago sheraton towers and you'll find their site - it is on Waters St

Today is 6/15/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 27.Think about the toiletries you're going to bring. It can be a good investment to pick up a travel kit. You can get them fairly inexpensively ($5 to $15) at discount stores. They save space and time, since you can move everything into and out of the bathroom easily. Mine will even hang on the towel rod or the hook on the back of the bathroom door, saving precious counter space.

raebates said:
Think about the toiletries you're going to bring. It can be a good investment to pick up a travel kit. You can get them fairly inexpensively ($5 to $15) at discount stores. They save space and time, since you can move everything into and out of the bathroom easily.
And once you have one, you can just refill the bottles with your favorite shampoo/conditioner/lotion and reuse it next year.

If you travel a lot, especially on short notice, it's a great thing to simply keep packed with the basic essentials--then, you can just grab & go.

Today is 6/16/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 26.What to make things easiest on yourself while you're trying to get ready in the morning at NC? Pack your clothes in "outfits." Fold all of the clothes (slacks/skirt, top, undies, etc.) that you're planning to wear on a particular day together. Need to hang things up when you arrive? Put everything for that day on the same hanger. No rummaging through your suitcase when it's your turn in the bathroom.

Can I post a related tip? There often aren't enough hangers in the room, especially if you've got 4 people sharing. Pack a couple in your bag, and you'll decrease the problem. Just remember to take them with you when you leave Chicago.

That's another advantage of hanging everything for one day together. You use fewer hangers.

Today is 6/17/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 25.When you're ready to come home, remember that a bag of balled up dirty laundry takes up more room than neatly folded laundry. I know it sounds weird, but fold your dirty laundry before you put it in your laundry bag. It will make it easier to get that bag zipped before you leave.

Today is 6/18/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 24.Label each piece of your luggage, both inside and out, with your name and phone number, but not your home address. If an address is required by your transportation, try not to use your home address. Use your office address, a post office, etc., if possible. Flying? Don't forget to remove old claim checks to avoid confusion. After all, you may want to return to your last vacation spot, but do you really want your luggage to return before you do?

WOW!! ONly 24 more days??? I Can't wait! I guess I"ll need to start thinking about what to pack. I've been out of the loop for awhile now so thanks for this thread Rae!!;)

You're welcome. To be completely honest, I didn't start out to do a thread full of travel tips. I just thought the plain date & countdown number seemed bare. Once I had dressed it up with a suggestion, I kind of felt committed to the format. I ran out of suggestions from my own memory when the countdown reached about 40. I've enjoyed researching travel tips. There's a lot of good info out there.

Oh my it is approaching fast!!! I can't wait!!!!

raebates said:
You're welcome. To be completely honest, I didn't start out to do a thread full of travel tips. I just thought the plain date & countdown number seemed bare. Once I had dressed it up with a suggestion, I kind of felt committed to the format. I ran out of suggestions from my own memory when the countdown reached about 40. I've enjoyed researching travel tips. There's a lot of good info out there.

Well Rae, we sure do appreciate your research!!!

Thank you!!:D

Today is 6/19/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 23.

Be sure to wear comfy shoes when you travel to and from NC. Flying? Right now ALL footwear must be removed for x-ray screening. Shoes that slip off and on easily will save time and frustration. Well, at least some of the frustration. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Rae! I have enjoyed reading this thread! You have definitely help everyone's anticipation build!!

Hope I get to meet some of you there!

Paula

We have are Amtrack tickets reserved!

Ann R.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you guys, too. One of the neat things about doing this thread is that I've also learned some good ideas that I've been able to pass along to a good buddy. She leaves in early July for Romania to work with orphans for a few weeks.

Ooooo, Rae!! One of my recruits is related to a Romanian girl. She has told me about how her own parents have gone over there, doing missionary work. In fact, I believe that's how they met. Anyway, it's either her brother or nephew that ended up MARRYING this girl, and brought her over here. They live down in Texas.

When her parents went, her mom wanted to take some small little products over there, to "bless" some of the women in the local churches. It is a very poor country, as I understood, so they are very appreciative of even the smallest gesture like this.

I don't remember what else she took, but I know there were lots of vegetable peelers! (Thought I'd pass this along, in case your friend wants to do something similar!!)

Paula

I had a show for a woman who was going to an orphanage someplace in eastern Europe. She used her FPV for lots of little things to take to them.

raebates said:
Today is 6/19/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 23.

Be sure to wear comfy shoes when you travel to and from NC. Flying? Right now ALL footwear must be removed for x-ray screening. Shoes that slip off and on easily will save time and frustration. Well, at least some of the frustration. :rolleyes:
Well I am all set with my shoes! I bought some Crocs today finally. The Beach style in Khaki.

Paula and Ann, my friend is taking stuff to the girls. She'll be working with two different groups. One is little girls (think early elementary age). The other is girls in transition. In other words, they're getting ready to turn 18, which means they will lose their home soon. She's been asked to collect and take with her personal items, especially for the older girls--lotions, nail polish, and other girly stuff. She's also taking underwear for both groups.My favorite new story is that she lost her underwear at church. She had her suitcase out on display, and that's where church members could donate new, still-in-the-package undies. She went to church a couple of weeks ago, and it was missing. She went to the woman at the information desk (she attends a large church) and asked, "Do you know what happened to my underwear?" The woman gave her a look that indicated that, no, she didn't know what happened to her underwear. She started laughing and explained. She had to ask three other people before finding out that it had been moved due to a wedding the day before. I still giggle when I think about her searching the church for her underwear. I guess you can understand why we're good friends.

Rae - Steve and I have a fellow missionary family (supported by our same home church) that is a Pastor in Romania. He was born there, studied here then went back to serve his people. He has quite the story and quite the battles with government off and on but it is better than the struggles with religion in China. If you want, I can look up what city he is in...just let me know - PM me...the orphanage your friend is going to may already know him.

I appreciate the offer, Janet. She already has several names to look up while she's there. I've promised her I wouldn't add to that list.

Today is 6/20/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 22.

Remember to pack tightly. Packing loosely wastes precious space and encourages your clothes to wrinkle.

Today is 6/21/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 21.OMG! Three weeks!! Now that you've been reminded to pack everything tightly, don't waste any hidden space. Tuck things into your shoes, into the corners of your suitcase, etc. These are great places for socks, undies, jewelry, etc.

But, on the other hand, be sure to leave an empty pocket or two in that suitcase, so you can fill it with things you may buy while in Chicago!!

Paula

<h2>1. What is the significance of Wave 2? </h2><p>Wave 2 is the second phase of a product launch at Pampered Chef. It may include new products, promotions, and incentives for consultants and customers.</p><h2>2. When does Wave 2 start?</h2><p>Wave 2 starts in 72 days from today's date, which is April 30, 2007. </p><h2>3. How long will Wave 2 last?</h2><p>The duration of Wave 2 may vary, but typically it lasts for a few months. It is important to take advantage of the promotions and incentives during this time.</p><h2>4. Can anyone participate in Wave 2?</h2><p>Yes, consultants and customers can both participate in Wave 2. Consultants can take advantage of the promotions and incentives to boost their sales and grow their business. Customers can purchase new products and take advantage of any special offers during this time.</p><h2>5. What should I do to prepare for Wave 2?</h2><p>As a consultant, it is important to stay updated on any announcements and promotions for Wave 2. You can also start promoting the upcoming launch to your customers and building excitement. As a customer, you can keep an eye out for new products and special offers during Wave 2.</p>

1. What is the significance of Wave 2?

Wave 2 is the second phase of a product launch at Pampered Chef. It may include new products, promotions, and incentives for consultants and customers.

2. When does Wave 2 start?

Wave 2 starts in 72 days from today's date, which is April 30, 2007.

3. How long will Wave 2 last?

The duration of Wave 2 may vary, but typically it lasts for a few months. It is important to take advantage of the promotions and incentives during this time.

4. Can anyone participate in Wave 2?

Yes, consultants and customers can both participate in Wave 2. Consultants can take advantage of the promotions and incentives to boost their sales and grow their business. Customers can purchase new products and take advantage of any special offers during this time.

5. What should I do to prepare for Wave 2?

As a consultant, it is important to stay updated on any announcements and promotions for Wave 2. You can also start promoting the upcoming launch to your customers and building excitement. As a customer, you can keep an eye out for new products and special offers during Wave 2.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views