• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days | Today's Date: 4/30/07

:rolleyes:That's me, the feel-good poster.K Janet...Days until the start of Wave 2: 63.Days until the start of Wave 2: 62.Days until the start of Wave 2: 61.Days until the start of Wave 2: 60.Days until the start of Wave 2: 59.Days until the start of Wave 2: 58.Days until the start of Wave 2: 57.Days until the start of Wave 2: 56.Days until the start of Wave 2: 55.Days until the start of Wave 2: 54.Days until the start of Wave 2: 53.
Today is 5/28/07Days until the start of Wave 2: 45.Oop! I just realized that I must have miscalculated when I began this thread. Did I ever mention that math isn't my best subject? Actually, I think maybe I counted from the day I'll arrive instead of the day wave begins. Oh, well, one extra day of anticipation!

raebates said:
Today is 5/28/07

Days until the start of Wave 2: 45.

Oop! I just realized that I must have miscalculated when I began this thread. Did I ever mention that math isn't my best subject? Actually, I think maybe I counted from the day I'll arrive instead of the day wave begins. Oh, well, one extra day of anticipation!

ROFL - I knew I liked you for a reason - we mathemetically challenged people have to stick together.

Who all is rbinging CELL PHONES to Wave 2?
We should all exchange #s so we can find one another!!

I am bringing my cell!

PM me if you want my number. Carolyn, I have yours.

I'll be bringing mine, too. PM me if you want the number.

I'll have mine with me. :) My oldest dd will be in FL with her dad & I have to be able to be reached! I'm a nervous worry-wort mom.

If anyone wanted, I would be happy to coordinate a list of numbers.

:( Not faaaaiiiirrrrr!!!:D The wave 3 people still have 49 days! grrrrr! I'm throwing a fit over here, can you tell?:p :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :D

Today is 5/29/07Days until the start of Wave 2: 44.I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actually one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.Having said that, Kristin and I have decided that the Sheraton Lounge after the evening session on Thursday, July 12, would be a good time and place to meet up. Everyone is welcome!

Last edited:
May take you up on that. We are staying at the Hilton.

Ann R.

You're more than welcome!

raebates said:
Today is 5/29/07

Days until the start of Wave 2: 44.

I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actuallyl one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.

Having said that, Kristin and I have decided that the Sheraton Lounge after the evening session on Thursday, July 12, would be a good time and place to meet up. Everyone is welcome!
We should all wear pink or purple boas so we know who the cheffers are!:D

I'll definitely have my cheffer button on. Probably the purple boa, too.

raebates said:
Today is 5/29/07

Days until the start of Wave 2: 44.

I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actuallyl one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.

Having said that, Kristin and I have decided that the Sheraton Lounge after the evening session on Thursday, July 12, would be a good time and place to meet up. Everyone is welcome!

Count my & my team in!!

Anyone else? Bueller? Bueller? Maybe they will have a piano!

I plan to be there. Might bring a non-cheffer or two with me. :)

I've got the phone list started, too, so if anyone wants to add their cell phone, just PM it to me. I'll e-mail it to everyone that's on it right before conference. I've also included screen names so that we can recognize who we're calling!

I'll be there with a non-sheffer for sure! There's no way i would miss this event! :)

What would be a good time for everyone?

I figure we'll all just filter in as we can from the evening session. That way there's no "gotta be there on time" pressure. Sound okay?

Don't forget that on Day 1, there is no evening session. The afternoon session gets out at 6:00, and that's the end of the official stuff for the day for most people (unless people want to check out the product showcase room, which will be open until 7:30).

Forgot about that, Ann. Alright, people, how about 9:00 in the lounge? That should give everyone time to eat. Don't stress about getting there right at 9:00. Everyone can straggle in on their own schedule--kind of like here.

9:00 sounds great!!! I will put it on my calendar.

Count me in!!! I'll have my cheffer button on!! I can't wait!!!:D

You can eat in the lounge - there's food there!! (ya know...peanuts and pretzels and those spicy little rice sticks - LOL)

dannyzmom said:
You can eat in the lounge - there's food there!! (ya know...peanuts and pretzels and those spicy little rice sticks - LOL)
MMM! Carolyn, that is just what I want for dinner!! :p

I like those spicey rice sticks!

Ann R.

Today is 5/30/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 43.

If you haven't started a packing list, start it soon. It's probably best to make sure it's portable, so you can jot things down as you think of them. Don't overpack, though. How to strike a balance? Why not talk with your roommates. You can probably share some things.

Would it be gross if I only brought 2 pairs of pants and 5 shirts? I don't want to check luggage.

chefkristin said:
Would it be gross if I only brought 2 pairs of pants and 5 shirts? I don't want to check luggage.

Yes. I think going commando is gross. :eek: You should at least bring underwear.

raebates said:
Yes. I think going commando is gross. :eek: You should at least bring underwear.
EEWWW--I would bring underwear!!!!!

Today is 5/31/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 42.

ChefAnn posted this for her buddies in Wave 1. I've, um, borrowed it because it's great advice. Thanks, Ann!

8 mistakes that can spoil any trip

1. Winging it. Know where you're going to stay for at least the first night, especially after a long flight.

2. Packing too much. Limit yourself to one suitcase and one carry-on. Put a change of clothes and your daily medication in the carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.

3. Forgetting essential items. Make a list of things you frequently forget and put it in your empty suitcase.

4. Trying to do too much. Limit the number of activities you plan into each day. Schedule free days for long trips.

5. Trying to get too much work done at the last minute. Spread things out. You'll never have enough time to finish everything the day before you leave.

6. Calling the office too much. This can be a sign of insecurity or trying too hard to control everything. Your boss and co-workers know how to reach you in an emergency, right?

7. Misplacing essential items. Keep boarding passes, identification, passports, trip itineraries, and other documents in one small, easy-to-get-to pouch or bag. Put a bright sticker or ribbon on your luggage to make it stand out.

8. Leaving town without making arrangements to have the mail and newspaper picked up - a sure sign to would-be thieves that your house is empty.

Some of these we have no control over for Conference (like planning too much in one day), but there are some good points in that list

Awww.. you're sweet, Rae. But I got that list from a newsletter I get from my employer. It was timely information. :) And I got the idea to post tips like that from this thread and all your great tips. [cross post] I think I might put some of your tips into the motivational quote calendar.[/cross post]

Cool. I love it when my stuff appears in print.

im really excited for nc this will be my 1st time going I was thinking about waiting until next year since we just bought a hous but you all have changed my mind lol and now i cant wait to go

Cool! I hope we get a chance to meet. National Conference is awesome!

TerraOB83 said:
im really excited for nc this will be my 1st time going I was thinking about waiting until next year since we just bought a hous but you all have changed my mind lol and now i cant wait to go
We are meeting on Thursday night in the Sheraton Lounge around 9pm or so.
Make sure you come and meet us! This is my first NC too!!! I am pumped!!

Today is 6/01/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 41.

Next month, people! Make sure you leave the hotel and conference center info for your family. They'll feel more secure knowing where to reach you in case of an emergency.

Today is 6/02/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 40.

Traveling by air? Photograph your luggage and its contents just before you leave. If it gets lost, you'll have a record for the airline. (And, just being prepared often wards off this type of bad luck. You know, just like carrying an umbrella almost guarantees that it won't rain.)

Last edited:
raebates said:

Ummm, you know, there is one consultant in my cluster who never wears undies, and is quite vocal about that fact.......She is quite a character, to say the least!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, you know, there is one consultant in my cluster who never wears undies, and is quite vocal about that fact.......She is quite a character, to say the least!
eeuuuwww!! I would not want to be the one bunking with her at Conference!

LOL!!! GROSS!!! I can't even sleep without underwear. I know....TMI!!!

ChefBeckyD said:

Ewwwwww.....can you image the chaffing that occurs with jeans????

...and I really don't want to know how she deals with that time of the month if there is any leakage...

Today is 6/03/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 39.Traveling by plane? Squeeze the air out of your toiletry bottles before packing them in your luggage. It lessens the likelihood of them exploding because of air pressure changes.

raebates said:
Today is 6/03/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 39.

Traveling by plane? Squeeze the air out of your toiletry bottles before packing them in your luggage. It lessens the likelihood of them exploding because of air pressure changes.

Also, put any liquids, makeups, creams etc that ar ein your checked luggage into ziplick baggies - this way if they leak, thry don't mess up everythign else!

dannyzmom said:
Also, put any liquids, makeups, creams etc that ar ein your checked luggage into ziplick baggies - this way if they leak, thry don't mess up everythign else!
I just flew down to MD and I HAD TO put my toiletries in a ziploc bag. THey actually took it out of my suitcase and scanned it separately. Also check the guidelines for size (lotion, hairspray, gel, etc...) Mine couldn't be more than 3oz big) I just bought all trial size things and it worked out fine.

chefkristin said:
I just flew down to MD and I HAD TO put my toiletries in a ziploc bag. THey actually took it out of my suitcase and scanned it separately. Also check the guidelines for size (lotion, hairspray, gel, etc...) Mine couldn't be more than 3oz big) I just bought all trial size things and it worked out fine.

Yeah - that's the carry-on restrictions - you can only have 3oz bottles and only as many as can fit in one 1qt ziploc. But I am referring to the stuff you put in your checkec baggage -- I always zip-bag that stuff., too.

Another packing tip: Get a set of "luggage cubes." They're mesh bags that work like mini-suitcases inside your suitcase. They help keep things organized (underwear in one, t's and shorts in another, etc.). They also make it easier for TSA personnel to repack your bag if it's one of the randomly selected bags for searching. I got a set at ebags.com - a red set for me, black for DH (so if we go on a trip with one suitcase, our things are identifiable from eachother).

Today is 6/04/07.Days until the start of Wave 2: 38.Once you get to your hotel room, I know you'll be excited to talk with everyone and get started on the NC fun. Your stay will go much smoother, though, if you take just a few minutes to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. Where are the light switches, and which lights do they control? Where are the AC controls, and how do they work? Where is the emergency exit in relation to your room?Oh, yeah, and from personal experience, make sure the room's clock radio isn't set to full volume on a mariachi station unless that's really how the people in your room prefer to be awakened.

BTW, I love it when people add comments to expand on the suggestions. Keep it up!

raebates said:
BTW, I love it when people add comments to expand on the suggestions. Keep it up!
To add on to familiarizing yourself with your surroundings.....Find the Mini Bar!!! LOL!!:D

Today is 6/05/07.

Days until the start of Wave 2: 37.

Traveling by bus? Check to make sure what their boarding procedures are. On many lines there aren't assigned seats, and they tend to overbook. It may be necessary for you to line up for departure as much as an hour before your departure time. You don't want to delay your arrival because you didn't get a seat. Heck, you could miss out on meeting some of your fellow Cheffers.

Traveling by bus or train watch your purse. One of our fellow consultants purse was stolen on Am Track going to conference one year and she had cash in it. It was also two weeks before she got married.

Ann R.

<h2>1. What is the significance of Wave 2? </h2><p>Wave 2 is the second phase of a product launch at Pampered Chef. It may include new products, promotions, and incentives for consultants and customers.</p><h2>2. When does Wave 2 start?</h2><p>Wave 2 starts in 72 days from today's date, which is April 30, 2007. </p><h2>3. How long will Wave 2 last?</h2><p>The duration of Wave 2 may vary, but typically it lasts for a few months. It is important to take advantage of the promotions and incentives during this time.</p><h2>4. Can anyone participate in Wave 2?</h2><p>Yes, consultants and customers can both participate in Wave 2. Consultants can take advantage of the promotions and incentives to boost their sales and grow their business. Customers can purchase new products and take advantage of any special offers during this time.</p><h2>5. What should I do to prepare for Wave 2?</h2><p>As a consultant, it is important to stay updated on any announcements and promotions for Wave 2. You can also start promoting the upcoming launch to your customers and building excitement. As a customer, you can keep an eye out for new products and special offers during Wave 2.</p>

1. What is the significance of Wave 2?

Wave 2 is the second phase of a product launch at Pampered Chef. It may include new products, promotions, and incentives for consultants and customers.

2. When does Wave 2 start?

Wave 2 starts in 72 days from today's date, which is April 30, 2007.

3. How long will Wave 2 last?

The duration of Wave 2 may vary, but typically it lasts for a few months. It is important to take advantage of the promotions and incentives during this time.

4. Can anyone participate in Wave 2?

Yes, consultants and customers can both participate in Wave 2. Consultants can take advantage of the promotions and incentives to boost their sales and grow their business. Customers can purchase new products and take advantage of any special offers during this time.

5. What should I do to prepare for Wave 2?

As a consultant, it is important to stay updated on any announcements and promotions for Wave 2. You can also start promoting the upcoming launch to your customers and building excitement. As a customer, you can keep an eye out for new products and special offers during Wave 2.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views