• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days Left - Get Ready, Chicago!"

wait, that's today!Dang, I was going to post this today! Today is Friday, May 9, 2008.Days until Wave 2: 66It's Friday the 9th! Wave 2 should start going out today. Keep an eye out!Today is Friday, May 9, 2008.Days until Wave 2: 66
And here is Rae's tip!!!!

Be sure your family knows that you may not be able to call at a specific time each day. You don't want them to worry. Just remember that (1) you may not have good cell reception in some areas, (2) you may be running (literally) between events, and (3) the schedule is slightly different each day.

Again.... thanks Rae... your tips make the countdown even more enjoyable this year!:D ;)

Today is Tuesday, June 24, 2008.

Days until Wave 2: 20

Rae's Tip for today:

If you're using any type of public transportation to get to NC, be sure to check the carry-on rules. They change, so they may not be the same as the last time you traveled. Contact the company you're using for your travel, and ask about their rules. You can always contact the Transportation Security Administration (www.tsa.gov), but individual lines often have additional restrictions. You'd hate to have to leave something important behind.

Cathy, It looks like we were typing at the same time! But yes, you did beat me!:p :p I am so excited (especially, since there are only 19 days for those of us that arrive on Sunday!!:sing: :sing: :D

Bren706 said:
Cathy, It looks like we were typing at the same time! But yes, you did beat me!
In the words of my kids..... na na! :p J/K! LOL! :D I know you can hear them now! I beat you... I beat you!:p Oh geez, it's summer and that's all I can hear!!! Somebody help me!! LOL!:D

You guys are too funny, I stayed away today because I thought they would be down all day.

but mooooom!! I wanted to be first today!!!
:(
Hee hee, I am leaving my house on Saturday to drive so it is only 18 days for me!! :D

Koolotus said:
but mooooom!! I wanted to be first today!!!
:(
Hee hee, I am leaving my house on Saturday to drive so it is only 18 days for me!! :D

Same here Cheryl, we drive to San Jose on Saturday, because I am not doing that drive early Sunday Morning.

Ooh I leave for camping in 3 days!!! Wahoo!

19 Days!

Wahoo!!

Amanda, you are certainly taking full use out of your vacation time! Have fun :):):)

pssst. I"M FIRST!!!:p

OMG! It is getting so close! I better start getting in touch with reality, and get myself organized for the trip.

Here is today's tip:

Some consultants (especially moms) like to leave a care package for their families. Now, The Furry Guy is used to being on his own, so a pan of mac & cheese and a few phone calls to touch base while I'm gone will be just fine for him. However, if you have young children at home (or a spouse who's not used to being on his or her own), a few "special-occasion only" treats could help them deal with your absence and may make them more willing to let you go next time. Oh, yeah, and don't forget to add a quick love note for each of your loved ones.

I always leave a special little goody bag for my girls; nothing fancy, just new books, coloring book, etc...of course I always bring them home something too!

Koolotus;
Amanda, you are certainly taking full use out of your vacation time! Have fun :):):)pssst. I"M FIRST!!!:p
Isn't that what vacation's all about? I am getting excited, so excited. I want to leave town now.

I forgot to add part of the reason I want to leave is to find clean air, Areas of Northern Cali were hit hard by lightning and we had over a 100 fires in our county alone. Everything is smoky.I just want to breathe some fresh clean air w/o coughing, and to see the mountains around us.

pamperedalf said:
I forgot to add part of the reason I want to leave is to find clean air, Areas of Northern Cali were hit hard by lightning and we had over a 100 fires in our county alone. Everything is smoky.

I just want to breathe some fresh clean air w/o coughing, and to see the mountains around us.

I've been seeing the news, there are over 800 wild fires in California~:eek: That is crazy! I am originally from California, lived there my first 22 1/2 years, southern California though. But I have 2 sisters that live in Northern California. My parents just moved from Southern Calif. last year.... they moved to Tennessee.

Bren706 said:
OMG! It is getting so close! I better start getting in touch with reality, and get myself organized for the trip.

Here is today's tip:

Some consultants (especially moms) like to leave a care package for their families. Now, The Furry Guy is used to being on his own, so a pan of mac & cheese and a few phone calls to touch base while I'm gone will be just fine for him. However, if you have young children at home (or a spouse who's not used to being on his or her own), a few "special-occasion only" treats could help them deal with your absence and may make them more willing to let you go next time. Oh, yeah, and don't forget to add a quick love note for each of your loved ones.

It's getting hard to come up with something for my 12 year old son! Everything he likes is expensive! My daughter still is happy with dollar store stuff! And then there is my hubby! Ughhh! As stated in other posts, he doesn't really "love" me going to conference! So he's a pain in the tail! I make all of there dinners before I leave so that he can have life easy! And if I don't do this, he will eat out the whole time and then conference ends up costing me even more, because he wouldn't eat out, if I was home. Their food bill for 4 dinners, could run close to $100.00 and then my hubby would no doubt eat out for lunch to which could be as much as another $50. By the time you add in my food for confernece.... We're looking at about $200-$225.
So, life may be more complicated for me to get out of here, but I have more peace of mind while I'm gone! Even if he wants to do one dinner out with them, that's cool, but every night for 4 nights!!??!! Nope!.... I'm into nutrition and I cringe when I think of all that fat and carbs!
But I think I will get my kids something special this year.... I just thought of a magazine for my son, he loves that, or guitar picks, and coloring stuff for Jessica.
I always bring home souveniers,(sp?) for all of them!:)

MissChef said:
I've been seeing the news, there are over 800 wild fires in California~:eek: That is crazy! I am originally from California, lived there my first 22 1/2 years, southern California though. But I have 2 sisters that live in Northern California. My parents just moved from Southern Calif. last year.... they moved to Tennessee.

Yah we had a bad lightning storm Friday Night and everything is so dry because we didn't get enough rain this year. So not much playing at the lake, there taking a lot of the lake water to put out our fires.

Cathy I grew up in Southern Cali, in the high desert (San Bernardino County). I love Northern Cali, except right at the moment. We need that rain that other people are getting.

I have to say I am getting real worried about going but also can't wait. I haven't found a new place to live (closing escrow 7/31),haven't started packing and to think my DH is going to take the kids camping while I'm gone. He's great with the kids but camping! We live in Northern Ca and we have bears and big cats with fangs. I know the survive moms rants but bears and big cats have fangs.

Oh my gosh...I just thought, I haven't even gone shopping for the trip yet.
First things first. New house

Ha Ha I beat you guys......18 days to go.....:love:
17 before I fly out.....:p
16 before I leave for the airport......:sing:

1 more day before camping. :p I really need to finish the trailer. I bought a mattress yesterday and can't wait to sleep on that instead of the futon mattress.

Can't wait to see everyone!!:D

That's funny Ida.....don't worry too much!

Wow, I was thinking...Amanda got up early today:p Have fun on your camping trip!

Holy Crackers Amanda. When did you go to sleep? Those darn chickens.:)

kisrae said:
Holy Crackers Amanda. When did you go to sleep? Those darn chickens.:)

Way too late! I am enjoying some piece and quite Caleb is still sleeping.

I was making my shopping list to go shopping.

Amanda ~ you haven't put Rae's tip in here yet, so I did.... don't mean to steal your glory but hey, what can I say! LOL!:p:D

Rae's tip for June 26th!!

As you're starting to really think about what you'll be taking with you, you may want to consider purchasing an inexpensive travel toiletries kit. You can get them inexpensively from places like Wal-Mart, Target, and even The Dollar Store. Mine has a hook, so it can hang on the back of the bathroom door or on a towel rack. The convenience can be worth the cost.

MissChef said:
Amanda ~ you haven't put Rae's tip in here yet, so I did.... don't mean to steal your glory but hey, what can I say! LOL!:p:D

Rae's tip for June 26th!!

As you're starting to really think about what you'll be taking with you, you may want to consider purchasing an inexpensive travel toiletries kit. You can get them inexpensively from places like Wal-Mart, Target, and even The Dollar Store. Mine has a hook, so it can hang on the back of the bathroom door or on a towel rack. The convenience can be worth the cost.

I copied it, must have forgotten to paste it, oops.

Since I was slacking, here is Rae's tip that I had copied but somehow forgot.....Arriving early or staying an extra day? Talk to your cluster or traveling buddies about any touristy things you want to do--see a play, visit a museum, etc.

Ooh- here's a suggestion: on Wednesday and Saturday nights, there are fireworks cruises on the lake from Navy Pier. They're a total blast!

I want to do one of those cruises so BAD.....we've always done other things...maybe this year!

chefann said:
Ooh- here's a suggestion: on Wednesday and Saturday nights, there are fireworks cruises on the lake from Navy Pier. They're a total blast!

You can also see the fireworks from the pier...or in my case from outside Dick's last resort! LMAO, I love that place :D

I'm ADDICTED to CS!! I'm on vacation and HAD to check email and CS! LOL Thanks Amanda! I'm in Tahoe for 2 weeks without a computer at the house!!! ARGH! :)

Thank goodness for libraries!!!

Check back in a few days for more tips!

Koolotus said:
You can also see the fireworks from the pier...or in my case from outside Dick's last resort! LMAO, I love that place :D

Oh Cheryl, I can't wait to hang out w/ you. We have always gone as a cluster on Sunday night. That place is fun, I was in shock the first conference and they took me there.

I also have to hit Gino's for the cheese sticks. We went there last year for dinner and they had the best cheese sticks I have ever tasted.

I have always wanted to do the cruise, that would be fun...

pamperedalf said:
Oh Cheryl, I can't wait to hang out w/ you. We have always gone as a cluster on Sunday night. QUOTE]

So watcha doing Sunday ;)?

I thought it was hysterical!
We have cluster dinner Monday night, so I will pop in there and then take off for the MnG, hopefully I am not too late! I want to hang with my buds!

17 Days!
or 16 if you come Sunday
or 15 if you are driving with me :)
Can't wait!
Happy happy!

Here's Rae's Tip for Today......if you haven't started your packing list yet, start it now. Seriously--an actual
list. Make it portable, and carry it with you. You'll think of things to add at
odd times, and if you have your list with you it's easy to add things. If you're
like me, you'll never remember to write them down later. (My problem is remembering where I put that list, I did it yesterday when I went shopping for camping food.)Oh yeah I leave for camping in about 9 hours. I will talk with guys in over a week and see you in 15 days (I am a spazoid 16 days, I am trying to rush it)!!!!
So watcha doing Sunday ?
Well we get in at 2, then check in the hotel about 4. Drinks at 5, I am surely going to need them. If Ida hasn't made me die of laughter and I have to change my clothes. She has a plan, and I don't know if I could keep a straight face.

OK, so what is Dicks? Dare I ask...

Have a great camping trip Amanda!

lacychef said:
OK, so what is Dicks? Dare I ask...

Have a great camping trip Amanda!

Dick's is this lovely established bar where they are rude to you, they used to have bra's hanging from the bar(last year I don't remember seeing them), they will make mens private parts hats. If you can handle it, it's a lot of fun. I think they have good apitizers (SP), if you don't think you could handle the above sit on the river tables (they can't say anything outside due to legal reasons). Okay you dared.. LOL

Thanks Lacy I am going to have a great time camping, now off the computer.

I'm ready to go! Get me out of this smoke!!!
Just some background: Amanda and I's directors always make cracks about being on a budget when Amanda or I have gone on trips with them,but they do it in a way that is just rude.

Last year I stayed with family because I didn't have any extra cash and my friend made me feel guilty if I didn't stay with my family.(Not this year baby!)

So long story short, this year I'm going to mention as much as I can around them how "i'm on a budget" They wont get it but it will be funny as heck to me and Amanda.
I'm like that sometimes I try to make things fun. Goodness will it be hard to keep my smartallick (sp?) mouth shut around them.

I'm ready to have a good time!

Dick’s is located in the River East Plaza, right on the river, near Navy Pier in downtown Chicago. This Fall we're Moving the Mayhem to Marina City. Just a short swim down the river - *ick's new joint will be the perfect place to let your hair down, throw back some cold ones, and grab some of the best grub in town.

Just got this of *ick's website: It's moved

kisrae said:
Dick’s is located in the River East Plaza, right on the river, near Navy Pier in downtown Chicago. This Fall we're Moving the Mayhem to Marina City. Just a short swim down the river - *ick's new joint will be the perfect place to let your hair down, throw back some cold ones, and grab some of the best grub in town.

Just got this of *ick's website: It's moved

Weren't they always close to Navy Pier or does this mean it's closer to Navy Pier. Oh I don't care the Juice is calling my name....LOL

Hey did you get the email about the room. $613, did you see my email earlier? I thought it was pretty good.

took me about three reads throughs to follow you 2!
OK, drinks at 5, I can follow that :)
I will see if I can be there, I am on a budget, but I need a beer!

Koolotus said:
took me about three reads throughs to follow you 2!
OK, drinks at 5, I can follow that :)
I will see if I can be there, I am on a budget, but I need a beer!

What's scary is we know what we are talking about? Call me either way. We are not staying at the Sheraton anymore (due to our budget) we are staying 3 blocks away and saving $190 dollars at Club Quarters. That more than pays for our hotel the night before our flight.

OK, I think I remember a couple cluster-mates talking about going there before....why is the website censoring the name? LOL!

I'll call ya lady, we are driving in Sunday morn. I have to get the shuttle back from PC HO, so I should be around town bout 5!
Have fun camping with the bugs :p:p:p

I censored the name...but to be honest I'm not sure why it is a name after all.
DRINKS AT 5 sounds good. If your late you'll have to catch up:)

No worries...I will!!:yuck::D:yuck:

Ok am I the first today?????:chef:

16 Days!
or 15 if you come Sunday
I only have 15 YEA!!!!!!

I am so excited to be the first today....:blushing:

Stinker.
But I only have 14 days!!!:p

Where is everyone from wave 2......

2 weeks!! wa-hoo:balloon:

Leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm really getting excited now. The tickets to WICKED that I ordered through Ticketmaster came today..............just added to the excitement!

Christy - you'll LOVE WICKED! It's amazing......hope you have a great time there!

I'll be there....unable to make the MnG.......but I'll maybe see some of you at McCormick.

Again I am the first?????????? Whats up with that???

15 Days!
or 14 if you come Sunday

:chef::chef::chef::chef:
I only have 14 YEA!!!!!!

<h2>1. How many days are left until Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>There are currently 72 days left until Wave 2 in Chicago.</p><h2>2. When is Wave 2 taking place in Chicago?</h2><p>Wave 2 will be taking place on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Chicago.</p><h2>3. What is Wave 2 in Chicago all about?</h2><p>Wave 2 in Chicago is an event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and give attendees an opportunity to learn, network, and have fun.</p><h2>4. Is there a cost to attend Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, there is a registration fee to attend Wave 2 in Chicago. Please visit our website for more information and to register.</p><h2>5. Can anyone attend Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can attend Wave 2 in Chicago. However, registration is required and space is limited, so be sure to sign up early to secure your spot.</p>

1. How many days are left until Wave 2 in Chicago?

There are currently 72 days left until Wave 2 in Chicago.

2. When is Wave 2 taking place in Chicago?

Wave 2 will be taking place on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Chicago.

3. What is Wave 2 in Chicago all about?

Wave 2 in Chicago is an event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and give attendees an opportunity to learn, network, and have fun.

4. Is there a cost to attend Wave 2 in Chicago?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend Wave 2 in Chicago. Please visit our website for more information and to register.

5. Can anyone attend Wave 2 in Chicago?

Yes, anyone can attend Wave 2 in Chicago. However, registration is required and space is limited, so be sure to sign up early to secure your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views