• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days Left - Get Ready, Chicago!"

wait, that's today!Dang, I was going to post this today! Today is Friday, May 9, 2008.Days until Wave 2: 66It's Friday the 9th! Wave 2 should start going out today. Keep an eye out!Today is Friday, May 9, 2008.Days until Wave 2: 66
Okay so I finally remembered to take my pic and can't find the cable to connect to the computer. So as soon as I find the cable I will post a new pic.I have report cards to do this week so I won't be on as much!

Thanks for doing this Amanda. I'm slow to jump in here......(was swamped with MY school year ending....but I'm from Lacy's corner of the world and we were out on May 22nd) It's taken me this long to catch up. Now I'm REALLY excited about conference approaching! I've been living in a hole a guess, what's the American luggage policy ---that's what I'm flying out on too. (I could go to AA.com, but you guys are easier!)

Sorry you can't come Erin!
Christy, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking you have to pay for checked baggage now? We fly SW; but someone was talking about AA the other day....

Today is Tuesday, June 3, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 41

8 days of school left, and I can't wait.

Okay AA announced last week or the week before to help make up for some of the costs they're loosing by charging $15 for the first checked bag. But there is a whole bunch of rules, like if you are a frequent flyer or part of their elite status you don't have to be charged. Then they will charge for a second depending on weight dimensions. I don't know I wasn't thrilled because they sold me the cheap fare and now their trying to get more $$ out of me. I am sure I forgot something.

Yeah I have their frequent flyer club but not at the elite status so they still get my money. Its a tax write off since we are going to conference but its still money we have to shell out before hand.

Let's see if this works.......
DSCN2994.jpg

Thanks for the info.....even though I don't like what you said :(I waited a long time to buy my tix, as it kept going up and down. I was thrilled to get it at $122, now it 's going to cost me anyway! BUMMER!

Today is Wednesday, June 4, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 40

7 days of torture left, and I am out of here.

Christy I totally agree about the shopping and waiting to get the lowest fare.

Lacy I changed my pic!

Today is Thursday, June 5, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 39

6 days of torture left!!

I feel that I am cheating you after looking at the countdown to Wave 1 thread.:eek:

Remember to set up child care for your kiddos if you haven't already, I have already started my reminder list that I leave on the fridge for DH so he remembers what to do while I am gone.

I'm laughing at your school countdown!

Hmmm....haven't looked at the wave 1 countdown since I'm not there...so I wouldn't know if you were cheating us or not!

I'm happy with our countdown so thats all that matters! :)

I have to fly my mom in to babysit since hubby's job is from 7-6pm so he couldn't keep the kids for 3 days. plus paying a babysitter $7/hr for those days wasn't worth it either. The kids love my mom and she had the time so it was worth it.
Now I just have to deal with paying over $4.25/gal to get to and from San Jose Airport! Yucko!

Becky I looked yesterday it's a 3 1/2 hour drive for us and almost a full tank in my truck. That's gonna hurt! I feel your pain.

Today is Friday, June 6, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 38

I am so excited that it's Friday, 5 days of drama left!!!

I sure hope everyone has there room already, and start making plans to get to and from the airport. The L is really cheap and a different experience (don't do it by yourself).

Yeah its never fun to drive that far to the airport!

My dad lives in Chicago so he's my driver to the hotel! ha ha All its costing me is lunch and some time with him. Oh Darn! ha ha

Funny; last night I had a dream about checking into the conference hotel:)

Today is Saturday, June 7, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 37I pulled out my carry on bag yesterday. Time to start planning, Chicago Weather can turn on you in an instant. Have an umbrella (we ate at Bubba Gumps last year in the rain), a sweater (for me it's weired because it's scorching outside and you get inside and it's freezing too drastic for me). Oh Lacy we must be having the same dream. LOLBecky how far is it from Monteray to San Jose? I have never been there, I wanted to try and go to the board walk the night before but then saw that it was farther away than I wanted to drive.

Last edited:
San Jose to Monterey is about an hour to an hour and a half just depending upon where in San Jose you are. The Boardwalk with the rides,etc is in Santa Cruz. Its fun. But I do like Monterey! :)

Can we get Hilton HHonor points if we are staying there?? anyone know?

Today is Sunday, June 8, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 36

Okay I decided to steal from Wave 1 because there are great tips. So thanks RAEBATES!!!!:D

don't forget to bring lots of $1 bills with you for tipping servers & cab drivers. Also, you might consider tipping housekeeping at your hotel. A dollar or two each day left in an envelope marked "Housekeeping" works well. That way you'll be sure to reward everyone, even if you have different staff each day.

Becky I am so jealous. Santa Rosa is the closest airport to us, but the price is really high. We almost paid the $400 ticket because we would save in Gas and hotel cost, then it went higher and we couldn't do it.

Don't know about the hilton points, call them!

jbdowd0798 said:
San Jose to Monterey is about an hour to an hour and a half just depending upon where in San Jose you are. The Boardwalk with the rides,etc is in Santa Cruz. Its fun. But I do like Monterey! :)

Can we get Hilton HHonor points if we are staying there?? anyone know?

PS... Okay I know this is really early, but I bought my tickets to Denver for January.:D (I will be walking in Denver, it didn't work now) I got round trip on United out of Sac for $159. My travel agent said that would be the lowest and it may fluctuate by going up and then going down. Yesterday it was $159 & this morning it's $179. I think it's exciting because this is the lowest fare for a conference I have ever paid.

You are BRILLIANT!!!
off to book my flight :)

That's commitment Amanda! Ok....I will be walking in Denver with ya:thumbup: Denver is only 5 hours driving distance for me!

Oh I wish it was closer to us. When they announced sunny 365 days a year, we thought for sure it was Cali, then they said Denver we were like huh! I am committed:D, I will be arriving in Denver around 10 AM the day before. To go play! Lacy I can't wait to walk w/ you!

Okay Amanda clue me in sister! Denver?? Is that Leadership for 2009 or something else I missed??

Wow tix for $400+. I saw that and was glad I booked earlier. Oh well, I guess with the trend in pricing its better to do it all now then later.

Denver is leadership 09 Jan 8th-10th. So what I noticed is that SW will open for Jan anywhere from July to September. The lowest fare would be around the $159 that I got on united (I have united air miles), but I didn't want to chance it. I saw the fare and decided to go for it. So I printed my e-ticket and put 6 star stickies on it. One for each new recruit that qualifies, to encourage me to recruit. I have to promote now, I have a ticket for leadership.:D

pamperedalf said:
I have to promote now, I have a ticket for leadership.:D

Yes, you do.

And, you will!
Cause you kick A$$ Amanda and you are going to have the best summer and fall ever and I am going to be cheering you on!!
:D Go Amanda, it's your Director day, go Amanda!:D

Koolotus said:
Yes, you do.

And, you will!
Cause you kick A$$ Amanda and you are going to have the best summer and fall ever and I am going to be cheering you on!!
:D Go Amanda, it's your Director day, go Amanda!:D

I am excited I am going to have a cheering squad! Wahoo!!!:love: Let's cheer for Lacy too, she's walking w/ me.

Oh I have take pics at Nationals because of all the people who are walking. Need to empty my camera.

Thanks Cheryl, I needed that. Makes up for the answering machines I got. I am trying to rebook one of my host right now. She moved into her new place!
Yeah!

Go girl go!
Lacy knows I will air horn for her too!!!

Calling BREN706Brenda can you do the countdown for me Friday through Monday over Father's day weekend. I would greatly appreciate it.

I am getting out of here, not hiding from you guys. I can't wait to not have to go to work, no lesson plans (well my ds wants to learn to write his name but I don't have any standards to meet).

Koolotus said:
Go girl go!
Lacy knows I will air horn for her too!!!

Oh that is scary, an air horn. We wouldn't want to trip on our face! LOL

Cheryl you have to walk close to Ida so I get your pic. Oh I am getting excited. We need to finalize our meet n greet.

thanks I thought maybe i hadn't clued into something i should have. I have 3 leads right now but by the sounds of it they all won't sign til late July-early September at the earliest. I guess that wouldn't be too bad but wish it were a few months ago! :) Oh well, I have one recruiting card for conference.

I can't wait to meet Ida :)
Becky there is still plenty of time to collect more cards if you want!
Just keep on keeping on!

pamperedalf said:
Oh that is scary, an air horn. We wouldn't want to trip on our face! LOL

LOL, maybe the air horn isn't such a good idea!

Today is Monday, June 9, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 35

4 days of chaos left, then we go camping Yeah!

I never even thought of this. Thanks Rae!

You'll be getting lots of advice about packing light, and that's the best thing to do. However, I have one little extra that can really help. If you're sharing a room, one of you should bring along an outlet strip. You'll probably each have a cell phone charger. I've spent waaay too much time in hotel rooms crawling under the desk to plug in my charger or unplug it in the morning. Plus, if you have only one bathroom and more than one of you needs to use a curling or flat iron at the same time, you can easily use that outlet strip near the room mirror.

lacychef said:
LOL, maybe the air horn isn't such a good idea!

I know I would be startled and I know what happens on the Jumbo Tran does not stay on the Jumbo Tran.

Jumbo Tran!?!??!??!?! Oh no what am I in for??? So there could be pictures of possibly me making a fool of myself dancing or something!?!? Great just great! lol

pamperedalf said:
I know I would be startled and I know what happens on the Jumbo Tran does not stay on the Jumbo Tran.
LOL!:)
That is a good tip about the power strip.....maybe I need to check out all the other tips on the wave 1 thread!:p

lacychef said:
LOL!:)
That is a good tip about the power strip.....maybe I need to check out all the other tips on the wave 1 thread!:p

Lacy that's why I am starting to post them here. Why reinvent the wheel when RAE has already done it for us. I will keep copying and pasting for everyone to enjoy.

pamperedalf said:
Brenda can you do the countdown for me Friday through Monday over Father's day weekend. I would greatly appreciate it.

I am getting out of here, not hiding from you guys. I can't wait to not have to go to work, no lesson plans (well my ds wants to learn to write his name but I don't have any standards to meet).

Sure will!:D

Today is Tuesday, June 10, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 34

3 days of chaos left, then we go camping Yeah!

Thanks RAE

In years past, I've encountered a few panhandlers while touring the Chicago streets. Part of me always wants to help. Part of me is always afraid that I'll just be supporting a drug or alcohol habit. However, somewhere I came across a suggestion to carry fast food gift certificates to give.

Most fast food places still have the paper gift certificates available; you just have to ask. And, if you don't use them while at NC, you can always use them on the way home.

Another tip: Travel can really throw your good, healthy intentions for a loop. Take along some good, healthy snacks. Nuts, dried fruit, and such can help fill a rumbly tummy and make those triple-size muffins look much less appealing. They're also easy to take along in little snack-size zippered bags. Along with regular water consumption (bring your own or use a refillable water bottle) you'll be able tol save money and your waistilne.

Its so close I can taste Navy Pier! ha ha :) I'm so excited!!!!!

Yeah, we saw some people on the streets before too. Last year after eating at Giordano's, of course we had leftover pizza; one of my clustermates gave a guy her pizza instead of money.

Today is Wednesday, June 11, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 33

2 days of wildness left, then we go camping Yeah!

Thanks Rae!!

Don't forget to take along address labels. These will save you time and effort filling out info on forms. Also, you'll want to take business cards along. You might even want to take a few self-addressed, stamped envelopes. That will make it easier to get people to send you info.

Take along the names and addresses of the hosts for your shows in the few weeks after you get back from NC. Your first day there, pick up postcards. Send one to each of your upcoming hosts telling them you're excited about learning how to make their show even better. It's a great way to connect with your host.

BTW, you might also want to bring along their phone numbers so you can do a bit of host coaching during breaks.

If you have even more time on your hands, make pre-printed labels of your hosts' info so you don't have to write it all out and also family members. Even though you may be home before the postcards arrive, the kids will love getting mail!

Today is Thursday, June 12, 2008.
Days until Wave 2: 32

Holy Crackers(Ida's saying I stole it), I made it today is the last day of school. I cannot believe it's finally here. Wahoo, I will be shouting from the rooftops come 12:20 Cali time. I probably will be crying too. There are some really good kids. One wrote me a letter the other day saying she wanted me for her teacher every year. oh the heart tugs.

I will be camping until Monday afternoon, don't do anything I wouldn't do. LOL Hopefully I can get some rest and good family time in. I have a good book tat I haven't been able to start for the last 3 1/2 months.

Thanks again RAE!!!:love:

t will be mid-July in Chicago, so plan for hot, humid days and possibly chilly nights. Make sure that you try everything on, the complete outfit with shoes and any special foundational garments (need a new strapless bra?), at least a week or two before you leave.

Your first consideration needs to be comfort. You'll be doing a lot of walking and a lot of sitting. Is any piece too snug? Trust me, you'll be miserable by the end of the first session if you're wearing something too tight. Will every pair of shoes be be comfy after miles of walking and climbing stairs? (Oh, yeah, if you're planning to wear a skirt, make sure you can climb stairs in it. Narrow skirts are cute, but some make climbing nearly impossible.)

Now, check everything over carefully. You don't want to get to Chicago and realize that there's a stain, rip, or other problem with one of your clothing pieces. A week or two should give you enough time to make any repairs, have things laundered or dry cleaned, replace a piece or two, or even choose a whole new outfit.

It won't take nearly as much time as it sounds, and you'll be glad you planned ahead.

Hope you have a good weekend Amanda! That's sweet about your students!

Enjoy your weekend Amanda!

Today is Friday, June 13, 2008.

Days until Wave 2: 31

Thanks to Rae for the following tip:

While you're filling your June and July calendars, don't forget to block out a bit of personal time. If you can, set aside a day or two before NC to spend some quality time with your family or just getting yourself mentally prepared. Take a day or two after NC to go over your notes, absorb the info, make plans to implement any new ideas, and spend some private time with family.

A bit of extra time spent with your family before and after your absence might make them more likely to gracefully accept your absence in the future. And, a bit of down time can help you make the most of your NC experience.

Don't forget to leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home! Someone will be worried about you if you don't!

Yeah Amanda! You made it through the school year! Here's to a better group next year. We got our class lists this week, and I haven't had a chance to go through the yearbook and match up the names and faces of those I don't already know. Hope your camping trip is RELAXING!

Have a good trip Amanda!

I hope to meet you at NC- in less then a month when you get home! YAHOOO!!!!!

Hello Everybody! Can you believe it?! We are only 1 month away! I am getting so excited. :D :love: :sing:

Today is Saturday, June 14, 2008.

Days until Wave 2: 30

Here is another great tip from Rae:

Once again, I'm suggesting another thing to add to your suitcase--hangers. I know. I know. You're supposed to pack light. That's wonderful advice. Ask yourself this, though. You're sharing a room with how many other people? You're each bringing clothes for about 3 days. The average hotel room has, what, 4 hangers?

Make things simple for yourself. Bring one good hanger for each outfit you're bringing with you. Once you arrive at the hotel, Place one complete outfit on each hanger.* Ta da! Now it will be really easy to grab everything you need for the day as you're getting ready each morning.

*You don't have to, but you can slip your underthings over the top of the hanger as well. This will keep you from having to rummage through your luggage each morning to find the right undies, bra, socks/hose, etc, for what you're wearing that day. If you're an early riser like me, your roommates will thank you for thinking ahead and making much less noise while they're catching a few more winks.

Just signed up for confrence can't wait

Today is Sunday, June 15, 2008.

Days until Wave 2: 29
(Only 28 days if you are arriving on Sunday, like I am :thumbup: :) )

Another great tip compliments of Rae:

"Okay, so I know I mentioned before about buying postcards while in Chicago for your upcoming hosts. I was just going through my NC folder and found the extras I bought last year.

I forgot that I had decided to think ahead. Before I leave for NC, I'll write, address, and stamp those postcards. Once I get to the hotel, I'll slip them in the mail. Easy. Before I leave Chicago, I'll buy postcards for next time."

<h2>1. How many days are left until Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>There are currently 72 days left until Wave 2 in Chicago.</p><h2>2. When is Wave 2 taking place in Chicago?</h2><p>Wave 2 will be taking place on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Chicago.</p><h2>3. What is Wave 2 in Chicago all about?</h2><p>Wave 2 in Chicago is an event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and give attendees an opportunity to learn, network, and have fun.</p><h2>4. Is there a cost to attend Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, there is a registration fee to attend Wave 2 in Chicago. Please visit our website for more information and to register.</p><h2>5. Can anyone attend Wave 2 in Chicago?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can attend Wave 2 in Chicago. However, registration is required and space is limited, so be sure to sign up early to secure your spot.</p>

Related to Countdown to Wave 2: 72 Days Left - Get Ready, Chicago!"

1. How many days are left until Wave 2 in Chicago?

There are currently 72 days left until Wave 2 in Chicago.

2. When is Wave 2 taking place in Chicago?

Wave 2 will be taking place on Saturday, May 3, 2008 in Chicago.

3. What is Wave 2 in Chicago all about?

Wave 2 in Chicago is an event organized by Pampered Chef to showcase our products and give attendees an opportunity to learn, network, and have fun.

4. Is there a cost to attend Wave 2 in Chicago?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend Wave 2 in Chicago. Please visit our website for more information and to register.

5. Can anyone attend Wave 2 in Chicago?

Yes, anyone can attend Wave 2 in Chicago. However, registration is required and space is limited, so be sure to sign up early to secure your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views