• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Consultant Register for a Wedding Registry

It was definitely interesting planning a wedding ceremony when you're already married. The toughest thing for me was the napkins. I had to have them specially made because I though it would be tacky to act like we had just gotten married when everyone knew we'd been married for quite a while. I wanted both dates on them because of this.I have a consultant in my line that is getting married and i'm throwing a bridal shower for her and then giving her the benefits, and commission from it as my gift to here.I am doing the same thing. It's not until April so hopefully the new web will be up and she can log into her account for me to put the show in with her as
ilovpc
Gold Member
Question: I'm getting married and I would like to know if I can set up my own wedding registry. I'm already married, but we are going to do it church (catholic) this time :) I been married for almost 15 years and I don't feel like I need to register for gifts, but my friends are asking me and they said I should. I just don't know if I should do it with PC. Will it be to tacky :confused: since I am also the consultant?

TIA

I don't know if it's DOABLE, but I do think it's a little tacky, sorry. You'd be getting commission on gifts purchased for you? No. Besides, you can buy them cheaper!I wouldn't register for gifts at all in this case. If people want to buy you a gift, that's nice of them. Maybe suggest a bottle of their favourite wine or something.

My convalidation was 2½ years after we got married. We did register at a couple of places simply because people were bugging us about where we were registered. Most people we told not to buy us gifts when we got married because a "church wedding" would be coming later. (After I came home from Iraq and could plan it... We all know men don't plan weddings.)

It was definitely interesting planning a wedding ceremony when you're already married. The toughest thing for me was the napkins. I had to have them specially made because I though it would be tacky to act like we had just gotten married when everyone knew we'd been married for quite a while. I wanted both dates on them because of this.

I have a consultant in my line that is getting married and i'm throwing a bridal shower for her and then giving her the benefits, and commission from it as my gift to here.

Malinda Klein said:
I have a consultant in my line that is getting married and i'm throwing a bridal shower for her and then giving her the benefits, and commission from it as my gift to here.

I am doing the same thing. It's not until April so hopefully the new web will be up and she can log into her account for me to put the show in with her as the consultant but if not I'll enter it all, print it off and have her enter it on her program, then delete mine. Her guests won't know the difference and that way the commission will be sent to the right person. My gift to her will be one of her half off items and the supplies for the party - I will be co-hosting* with another of her friends so we'll also be splitting the cost of refreshments/decorations.

*I will be co-hosting but that won't be entered on the party since I am a consultant. On the PC program I will have my downline consultant as host since a consultant can't be a co-host. Her friend won't get the host discounts but I have found that most people throwing showers don't care about that and would rather order as a guest to help their friend get more.

KateInTheKitchen said:
I don't know if it's DOABLE, but I do think it's a little tacky, sorry. You'd be getting commission on gifts purchased for you? No. Besides, you can buy them cheaper!I wouldn't register for gifts at all in this case. If people want to buy you a gift, that's nice of them. Maybe suggest a bottle of their favourite wine or something.
I had someone on my team do it, and I didn't think it was tacky at all. (MHO) If people will be getting you gifts anyway, why not have them be things you really love and want for your home. (She was fairly new and didn't have everything in the catalog like I do.) Yes, she could have bought them, but they had other expenses such as moving into their new home, honeymoon, etc.I re-read your post (sorry-realized you were already married) but I still don't think it's tacky because people still want to get you gifts...if that's what you really love and want, why not?

I'm not sure why it would be considered tacky? If people insist that you register for gifts, why not register for something you will need and use? We, as consultants host our own shows and reap the benefits, so how is this any different? I guess I'm not seeing the 'full picture of tacky' here?

Some people may think it's tacky - my first year I ask for the 12" skillet for my birthday and my brother-in-law said it was funny that I was making money on my birthday present. If it's what you want to do, then go for it. You can't please everybody and if they want to buy you gifts you might as well get something that you want!Both my brother and sister got married last year - neither of them registered. My brother actually put in his invite that he preferred cash so they could do some work on their house since they had been living together for 7 years at the point of their wedding (we were sure they weren't even going to get married!). I didn't think it was tacky but others might have since you aren't suppose to "ask" for gifts. They still got gifts at their wedding because some people just like to buy gifts. It's the same way that even though I registered a lot of people bought us other things that weren't on our registry.

Why not just take cash and buy your own stuff at a discount?

I really like to buy GIFTS for people and I know many others that actually want to purchase things for gifts rather than giving cash. I say register and then they have the choice.

Since you said you really don't need anything in the way of wedding gifts, tell them that you appreciate the offer, but you really have everything for the house that you already need and that the best gift they could give you at this point is to help you boost your Pampered Chef business by hosting a show so that you can earn lots of points in 2012 for a nice 1 year anniversary trip for you & hubby on Pampered Chef's dime. :D

First of all, THANK YOU all for your honest opinion :)

I really don't need anything and my husband is one of those people that don't like to ask people for stuff/help/gifts. We are doing the Wedding in Church, because is something we had always wanted and most of all because it is very important for my husband to do this. We love to party and he always want people to have fun and not to have to spend money. DH doesn't want to register anywhere, but he knows that friends and family will be asking us how they can help us or what can they give us as a gift. So rather than say no thank you (his family doesn't like a NO for an answer :D) we will let them the option of either helping (little stuff) or getting a gift.

One of the reasons I was thinking about registering is because a friend asked me..."Would you go to a party/wedding without a gift?" And of course I will not show up without a gift! So, she said why not register and get something you like. Other friends know PC has wedding registry and said I should register as well at other places. That's why I wanted to ask you guys and see what you all think :D

Sheila, that is a very good idea, but I don't think they will go for it :( Plus, I work full time and I don't think I will have the time to do all the shows I need to earn a trip. I just do PC for fun, because I love the products and I like to meet new people and also get out of the house once in awhile :)

I earned Toronto on 22 cooking shows in 2010. The rest was either catalog shows, recruits or "paid as" points. VERY part time. It's possible! ;)

Maybe the tacky issue is the "making commissions" from the gifts and not the registry itself. ??

I don't know that I would think one way or the other about someone registering in this circumstance (it is ultimately up to the guest if they want to bring a gift no matter what the circumstances). Registering makes it easy on those who opt for a gift.

Here's another thing...at other stores you might be able to check the registries to see what was bought, but you might not know who bought what. But, if you were the consultant on a PC registry would you would know BEFORE you opened the gift what each person bought??? Just thinking that would be odd.

Having never done a registry before, I am not sure how it works. But, could another consultant be the consultant for the registry and you be the host and reap the host benefits along with the actual gifts?

That way you are taken out of the equation for the ordering of the gifts. ??

I understand that some people like to buy gifts. Hey, I like to buy gifts for people. But, personally, my husband and I love to go out to dinner and it's something that we really can't afford right now. We like to ask people to give us gift cards to restaurants. Some people do it happily because they realize that it's a way for us to get to spend some down time together, others just refuse to do it and buy us gifts anyway. It's up to them really. Of course, this isn't for a wedding - we are talking birthdays, Christmas, etc. But, if people ask us what we want, we tell them if they really want to buy us something we enjoy restaurant gift cards. If they aren't comfortable with that they will buy us whatever they already had in mind anyway.

ilovpc said:
First of all, THANK YOU all for your honest opinion :)

I really don't need anything and my husband is one of those people that don't like to ask people for stuff/help/gifts. We are doing the Wedding in Church, because is something we had always wanted and most of all because it is very important for my husband to do this. We love to party and he always want people to have fun and not to have to spend money. DH doesn't want to register anywhere, but he knows that friends and family will be asking us how they can help us or what can they give us as a gift. So rather than say no thank you (his family doesn't like a NO for an answer :D) we will let them the option of either helping (little stuff) or getting a gift.

One of the reasons I was thinking about registering is because a friend asked me..."Would you go to a party/wedding without a gift?" And of course I will not show up without a gift! So, she said why not register and get something you like. Other friends know PC has wedding registry and said I should register as well at other places. That's why I wanted to ask you guys and see what you all think :D

Sheila, that is a very good idea, but I don't think they will go for it :( Plus, I work full time and I don't think I will have the time to do all the shows I need to earn a trip. I just do PC for fun, because I love the products and I like to meet new people and also get out of the house once in awhile :)
There are online registries that you can sign up for where people put money towards a honeymoon or something like that. Maybe that would be a better option for you guys!

Sheila said:
I earned Toronto on 22 cooking shows in 2010. The rest was either catalog shows, recruits or "paid as" points. VERY part time. It's possible! ;)

It is possible to earn a trip while working full time! I did it for Toronto too. I did 53 cooking show (that might have included catalog shows but I don't do too many catalog shows) which is only 1 a week. I never thought I could earn one, I had every excuse not to earn one but I did!! :chef:

My daughter got married last year and I registered her with PC. None of my relatives had any problems with me making commission on my daughter's wedding gifts.

My opinion is most people probably won't even associate the commission aspect of it. I know I wouldn't. I just be happy I was getting my friends something they really wanted.

I say go for it!

1. Can I register for a wedding registry as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are able to register for a wedding registry on our website. Simply log into your consultant account and follow the steps to create a registry.

2. Can I use my consultant discount on items in my wedding registry?

Unfortunately, we do not offer a consultant discount on items in a wedding registry. However, you can earn credit towards free products through our Host Rewards program when your registry items are purchased.

3. Can I add items from other brands to my wedding registry?

Yes, you can add items from other brands to your wedding registry. However, please note that only Pampered Chef items will be eligible for our Host Rewards program.

4. Can I make changes to my wedding registry after it has been created?

Yes, you can make changes to your wedding registry at any time. Simply log into your consultant account and edit your registry as needed.

5. How do I share my wedding registry with others?

Once your wedding registry is created, you will receive a unique URL that you can share with others. You can also share your registry through email, social media, or by simply telling your friends and family the registry name and your consultant ID number.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • Sheila