• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Tv Show - Current Season

In summary, Tara and Sione are my favorite contestants on the show. The young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had is also a favorite. I missed the show because I was busy tonight, but I plan on catching up on it later.
I missed the first 20 minutes, so I don't know what the reaction was to last week. I'll have to watch that part online later.Mike's done great as far as weight loss- but I think how his dad has played the game, and how he's drawn Mike into it (and he's gone along with it) has made it hard for me to cheer him on. But at least as far as the weightloss, he's done great. But I hope that Tara wins at this point!And yes, I was just cracking up at Bob's reaction to his workout.

As I watched Tara, Helen, and Mike model their goal clothing, I was struck by how much difference the right clothing makes. The clothes they wear for workouts, challenges, and the weigh-in are not figure flattering. Reminder to self: how I dress makes a huge difference in how fit or fat I look.

esavvymom said:
I missed the first 20 minutes, so I don't know what the reaction was to last week. I'll have to watch that part online later.
Then you missed Bob asking Ron point blank if he had anything to do with Mike voting off Kristin. He said he didn't. Liar. Liar. Liar.

raebates said:
As I watched Tara, Helen, and Mike model their goal clothing, I was struck by how much difference the right clothing makes. The clothes they wear for workouts, challenges, and the weigh-in are not figure flattering.

Reminder to self: how I dress makes a huge difference in how fit or fat I look.

I know!! When Helen said she was wearing a size 8 jeans, I was shocked...especially since I'm a few sizes larger. The clothes can definitely make a difference.

I hope that Filipe is wrong, and they don't go after him...but you know Mike will vote for him, and Filipe is more of a threat to the women, too. Grrrrr.....

Without revealing anything to those who didnt' see the show, or like the surprise at the end of the season - The final is going to be CLOSE based on the current numbers! I was being geeky tonight and calculating their starting weight/lost weight %s. It was only a different of 0.2% between the top two! And the third place isn't far behind!

I'd love to see them get rid of Ron.

Okay, is there any chance that Tara & Helen will vote off Ron? I sure hope so! I've never been fond of Filipe but I'd rather he stayed.

Helen's right. They've both tried to get rid of her. I'm so proud of Tara. To have never fallen below the yellow line is a huge accomplishment.

I FINALLY was able to tune in......DH was hogging the TV with a REPEAT - ughhhH!!

so what happened when Bob found out they got rid of Kristin? And Ron? I cannot believe that he could look Bob in the face and be deceitful - is that really what happened? Well, wait. I can believe it, but I wish I'd seen it....

Ron needs to go! Ron needs to go! Shame, shame, shame on Ron!

I'm not a particularly violent woman. I hate to see anyone suffer. However, I think I could easily administer electric shock treatments to the person who edits these shows to go to commercial every time there's a reveal of any kind.

pcsharon1 said:
Ron needs to go! Ron needs to go! Shame, shame, shame on Ron!

Yep, but what Helen just said about "playing the game" leads me to believe she is getting rid of Filipe because he more of a threat. Darn.

When is the Season Finale? Is it next Tuesday?? The kids and I have tickets to see "Wizard of Oz" musical at our local theater! I don't know if I can wait a week to watch it (seems to take that long to get loaded online)!

amy07 said:
I FINALLY was able to tune in......DH was hogging the TV with a REPEAT - ughhhH!!

so what happened when Bob found out they got rid of Kristin? And Ron? I cannot believe that he could look Bob in the face and be deceitful - is that really what happened? Well, wait. I can believe it, but I wish I'd seen it....

That's what happened. He said it was all Mike's doing. Bob clearly didn't believe him, though. And, of course, once he sees the tapes, he'll know Ron lied through his teeth.

If you missed it until this point, you've missed the health updates. That was amazing. Helen, who is 48, went from a "real age" of 60 to one of 50. Mike lost over half of his 65" waist.

chefjeanine said:
Yep, but what Helen just said about "playing the game" leads me to believe she is getting rid of Filipe because he more of a threat. Darn.

Here it comes....

I think the finale is in two weeks. Next week I believe shows the top four in their 30days at home prior to the finale.This season is full of people who have taken the easy way out. As soon as someone becomes a little bit of a threat they send them home ARGGGG!!!

Ugh. That sucks big time.

How many times was Ron below the yellow line? 6 or 7?? That has to be a BL Record...to NOT get eliminated after that many times!

Go home Filipe and kick butt!!!!!

Aggravated, agitated, annoyed...............Helen is just as bad as Ron and now she's keeping him around.

esavvymom said:
How many times was Ron below the yellow line? 6 or 7?? That has to be a BL Record...to NOT get eliminated after that many times!

I think all of them are probably surprised/shocked watching the show after living it - to see Ron's true colors. I'm so disgusted.

Ron will be back to his original weight within 6 months of the finale airing.....he just does not "get it".

esavvymom said:

He had the advantage that no one ever considered him a threat.

*lol* Look at all the food on the tables behind him when he gets home!! I don't think too many of his family really care what he has to teach them! Only his immediate family.

amy07 said:
Ron will be back to his original weight within 6 months of the finale airing.....he just does not "get it".

This is what I've said all along. He has never really deserved to be there like some of those he's manipulated off.

can you believe how thin Tara's arms are?!?!

amy07 said:
can you believe how thin Tara's arms are?!?!

Of the 4 finalists, I want Tara to win.

ChefBeckyD said:
Of the 4 finalists, I want Tara to win.

Me too! I loved it tonight when she explained that her "strategy" was to never fall below the line. It seemed sincere - not about game playing. Plus, I want to really believe that those who work hard are rewarded.

I would still like to see Mike win....DESPITE his dad. He deserves it.

I've never really followed the show. Do we get to vote for the winner? I'd have to vote for Tara. I think she's worked the hardest. I didn't really like her at first but she's done an amazing job. I like Mike too but his reward (besides the $10,000 Tara gave him) will be the lessons learned and weight lost.

I think we only get to vote for the last person to be in the Final 3....so whoever falls below the yellow line next week, America gets to decide who moves on.The winner is determined by weight at the very end.

yes next week we vote to pick the third person to go to the finale. So there will be two people above the yellow line and two below. We pick from the two below. Then at the finale whichever from those three has the highest percentage wins. I think the same goes for the people who were sent home. Of those the one with the highest percentage wins a secondary prize.

chefjeanine said:
I've never really followed the show. Do we get to vote for the winner? I'd have to vote for Tara. I think she's worked the hardest. I didn't really like her at first but she's done an amazing job. I like Mike too but his reward (besides the $10,000 Tara gave him) will be the lessons learned and weight lost.

what was this? I must've missed it....

amy07 said:
what was this? I must've missed it....

When Tara won the challenge last night, she had the option of taking (a deduction of) 1lb or $10,000 with the knowledge that the one she did not choose would go to the person (Mike) who came in second place.

Tara deserves to win. You can see the determination in her eyes at every challenge. I really wanted Filipe part of the final 4; he also has worked so hard and had the drive. As far as Ron, this is why I do not like the couples theme that they have been doing for the past few seasons. He really doesn't have the drive to win...he wants his son to win....WRONG! I really wish the show would go back to singles and not couples. It is amazing the results this season.

I missed the vote - did they all vote for Filipe to go home?

jcsmilez said:
I missed the vote - did they all vote for Filipe to go home?

Well, Mike voted for Filipe, and then so did Helen - so it didn't really matter if Tara did or not. I changed the channel at that point to see who got voted off DWTS....I was just disgusted that Ron made the final 4. :grumpy::yuck::grumpy::yuck::grumpy:

If Ron makes it to the final three he won't even try just so Mike can win. So frustrating. Mike has a better chance because he was more overweight than Tara - he can still weigh over 190lbs and have lost 50%, but Tara will have to be under 150lbs to have lost 50%. And Tara is kind of tall I think - she's as tall as Mike anyway. And he will probably end up less than 190lbs. He got rid of his real competition last week when they sent Kristin home - but Ron had NOTHING to do with that according to him. Whatever!!!!!! Liar.

It would really surprise me if Ron made the final three. You know that Mike and Tara will probably be above the yellow line so then America votes for either Helen or Ron to stay. From there they will do the final weigh in of the final three in two weeks...

I was just hoping that Tara didn't vote Filipe off, she seems better/stronger than that.

NOOOOOO not Felipe!!! Worst of all Ron is still there??!!!

Are you sure that we get to vote them off? Last year it was put to America during the last night. But this time they come back after 30 days.... so with BL twists and turns maybe we don't vote and its just who ever is last is off???

I feel sorry for Filipe and Sione. Look at all that fried food they laid out for Filipe's homecoming!!! That is so wrong! I can't believe his family would be so inconsiderate! He is really trying but I wonder if he only had 13 pound lose after going home if he is going to be able to cope! It was good that he was home when his dad had the stroke though. Wonder why they are not going to a gym to work out...Sorry...don't like Tara...don't like Helen...Ron bothers me, but I REALLY want Mike to win. I think this would be the incentive he needs to stay down. I think Ron does get the weight loss stuff. I am looking forward to seeing Max after they have been home with him 30 days!

I feel sorry for Filipe and Sione. Look at all that fried food they laid out for Filipe's homecoming!!! That is so wrong! I can't believe his family would be so inconsiderate!
Habit and ignorance are difficult to overcome. I'm diabetic. I was diagnosed over 15 years ago. Some of my family members still give me candy or baked goods for holidays. I make sure to bring my own food to family get-togethers because often there is nothing at all that I can eat. And, that's with a medical condition that people at least agree needs to be addressed. A need to lose weight gets even less respect--let alone needing to maintain a healthy weight.

So....as much as I don't like Ron, I think it's neat to see him finish the marathon.*Clarification- I don't like his style of game-play. :D*

Last edited:
I'm happy for him.

She did it. I'm so proud of Tara. She never once found herself below the yellow line. That's amazing. Gee, with a choice of Mike or Evil Ron to vote out, I wonder who people will vote for.

Now....America Votes for the Third player in the finals. Voting starts now and ends at 9:50pm ET on Wednesday may 6th.Go here: Biggest Loser- America Votes

raebates said:
She did it. I'm so proud of Tara. She never once found herself below the yellow line. That's amazing.

Gee, with a choice of Mike or Evil Ron to vote out, I wonder who people will vote for.

Voting for Ron would keep Mike out and upset all of the underhanded things Ron did, BUT Mike worked hard and does deserve the chance. It SHOULD be a head-to-head challenge between the top-three weightloss contestants and forget about the game-play. So I think I'm voting for Mike, because he is one of the top losers in the game and deserves the chance to take it to the end, in spite of his dad.

Just my humble opinion. :D I still hope at this point, Tara wins.

<H2>1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?</H2><p>The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.</p><H2>2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?</H2><p>The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".</p><H2>3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.</p><H2>4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?</H2><p>The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.</p><H2>5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.</p>

1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?

The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.

2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?

The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".

3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?

Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.

4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?

The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?

There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Lisa/ChefBear