• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Tv Show - Current Season

In summary, Tara and Sione are my favorite contestants on the show. The young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had is also a favorite. I missed the show because I was busy tonight, but I plan on catching up on it later.
Oh, I will definitely be voting for Mike. Ron was evil. I think it's ironic (and a bit of a shame) that it came down to the two of them. That's really what Ron's been angling for all along--a chance to sacrifice himself for his son.

raebates said:
Oh, I will definitely be voting for Mike. Ron was evil. I think it's ironic (and a bit of a shame) that it came down to the two of them. That's really what Ron's been angling for all along--a chance to sacrifice himself for his son.

Yeah, so at least in his eyes, he comes out the hero.:rolleyes:

I'm so proud of Tara - and glad it wasn't Helen.

At least, in the end, it will (hopefully - assuming Mike wins the vote) be between two people who deserve to be in the top two.

Ok...that was a pain. Their voting process sure could have been easier instead of entering my information each and every time! I don't think I voted 10 times, because I lost count. :D

I only voted once. I'm not invested enough in Mike or his dad to vote more than that.

esavvymom said:
Voting for Ron would keep Mike out and upset all of the underhanded things Ron did, BUT Mike worked hard and does deserve the chance. It SHOULD be a head-to-head challenge between the top-three weightloss contestants and forget about the game-play. So I think I'm voting for Mike, because he is one of the top losers in the game and deserves the chance to take it to the end, in spite of his dad.

Just my humble opinion. :D I still hope at this point, Tara wins.

Ha! Wouldn't that just be so funny to stick it to Ron that way! lol I wonder if people really would vote like that. Makes you wish it, but that wouldn't be nice or fair to Mike. (Darn it :cool:) As much as I dislike Ron, his son has worked hard and deserves to be there--stinkyness of game play aside.

Did you see Helen's daughter?!?! It doesn't look like she's doing all that great at home....I hope Helen feels guilty. It looks like her daughter needed to stay at the ranch more.

Just my $.02 worth, but sometimes kids need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves. I'm wondering if Helen has taken care of her family her whole life to the point of neglecting herself. This could perhaps be the first time that Helen has truly taken care of herself. If so, good for her.
I think our society has become so kid focused that we have lost all balance. Kids are catered to, made to believe they are the center of the universe, and then grow up to be demanding , miserable adults. Kids don't always have to come first, especially grown ones.

loreo said:
Just my $.02 worth, but sometimes kids need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves. I'm wondering if Helen has taken care of her family her whole life to the point of neglecting herself. This could perhaps be the first time that Helen has truly taken care of herself. If so, good for her.
I think our society has become so kid focused that we have lost all balance. Kids are catered to, made to believe they are the center of the universe, and then grow up to be demanding , miserable adults. Kids don't always have to come first, especially grown ones.

You are absolutely right. I guess I never thought of it that way.

I agree with you, Loreo. I've seen too many people raise their children so they believe that the world revolves around them. It's not good for anyone.For me, the Helen issue wasn't that she chose to take care of herself. It was more the way she did it. And, frankly, it's mostly her behavior and comments the rest of the time she was at the ranch. I'm all for women taking care of themselves. I think one of the best things a woman can give her children is a healthy mom. When they see their mom taking care of her physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, it gives them a really good example to follow.

I cannot wait until next week.

Oh I forgot to mention...did you guys just love the scenes a couple episodes ago where Helen saw her footage from Day 1 and laughed about how crazy her hair was?! It was so funny! I loved when Jillian teased her during training later and messed her hair all up. LOL

Yeah, that was funny. I'm looking forward to next week's show.

Anyone else gonna miss this show as much as I will?? LOL.

I need your help. I have a show scheduled for Tuesday night. I'm taping something else for The Furry Guy, so I'll need a blow-by-blow recap of the finale. TIA!

I can try to post 'blow-by-blow' or between me and the few others following the show. :D But you can also watch it online later- if you have a high-speed internet connection. (My Time Warner cable now has Primetime On-Demand too, so I can catch shows after they air that way as well...maybe your provider does- assuming you have such a provider).

Thanks, Bobbi. I have dial-up and little patience, so I won't be able to watch it online.

I couldn't remember if you did or not. I'll keep you posted as best I can! :D

*** Please vote***** My son has a congential heart defect and the President of our local Chapter of It's My Heart's son has the most deadly defect. His babysitter is a young girl who is overweight and is going to be up for the 16th spot for next season (I don't really watch this) If you watch please vote for her so she doesn't grow into a damaged heart by being overweight! If you watch and would like to help please vote for Amanda Arlauskas. Thank you!

Play-by-play. :D
The finalists are all stepping out on stage (dressed up). They'll announce the 3rd finalist in a moment....

Oh my! Mike!!

not meaning he is the 3rd finalist, just the difference!!

Yeah. His face has changed so much! (they all have when you look back)

Surprise surprise. Mike is the 3rd finalist....as it should be anyway.

Ok...so Amanda and Erin are vying for the 16th place on next season. They are sending them backstage to workout with Bob & Jillian- right now! It's an attempt to help America decide. :D We can vote for one of them tonight by going online to nbc.com or to dial a number.

Last edited:
WOW!! Estella and Jerry look amazing!!

Just got off the phone from my nightly calls and tuned in. Darn! I missed the first half-hour!

SPOILER ALERT!!! DO NOT KEEP READING THE POSTS IF YOU PLAN TO WATCH THE EPISODE LATER - BECAUSE IT"S LIVE ACTION POSTING! :DWeigh-ins: (starting weight/ current weight / total lost)

Jerry - 369 / 192 / 177 lbs!! - 47.97% WOW!
Estelle - 242 / 159 / 83 lbs - 34.3%Damien - 381 / 245 / 136 lbs - 35.7%
Nicole - 269 / 146 / 123 lbs - 45.72% *and she's wearing a size 8 dress for her wedding*

Last edited:
esavvymom said:
Weigh-ins: (starting weight/ current weight / total lost)

Jerry - 369 / 192 / 177 lbs!! - 47.97% WOW!
Estelle - 242 / 159 / 83 lbs - 34.3%

He looks like a different person! How amazing. It brings me to tears to see the changes in them. (watching Nicole & Damian right now...)

oh boy...here comes team Silver (Joelle) and the cousins (Filipe and Sione)

esavvymom said:
oh boy...here comes team Silver (Joelle) and the cousins (Filipe and Sione)

Loved Filipe & Sione's dance!

Filipe - 364 / 229 / 135 lbs - 37.09% (amazing how they both are nearly the same in all of it)
Sione - 372 / 226 / 146 lbs - 39.25% *I loved his reaction to how much he needed to lose :D more than 170+ lbs*Joelle - 309 / 229 / 80 lbs - 25.89%
Carla - 379 / 251 / 128 lbs - 33.77% (not bad for someone who did almost all of it at home!)

Blaine, Dane, Mandy, and Aubrey are up next. They all look really good. It seems like it's been forever since they were on the show!

*by the way- for someone who didn't see the posts earlier- Rae asked for the 'play-by-play, since she couldn't watch :D*

Blaine - 365 / 249 / 116 lbs - 31.78%
Dane - 412 / 258 / 154 lbs -37.38% Mandy - 263 / 171 / 92 lbs - 34.98% *she looks really good*
Aubrey - 249 / 194 / 55 lbs - 22.09%*wow- Jerry is still in the lead! The 64 yr old is beating all the young guys!*

WHOA!! Kristen is now a bleach-blonde!

esavvymom said:
WHOA!! Kristen is now a bleach-blonde!

Did not recognize her! She looks great!

Kathy - 293 / 198 / 95 lbs - 32.42% *she looks good*
Kristen - with her fabulous blonde rock-star hair - I love it! :D - 360 / 193 / 167 lbs - 46.39% OH SO CLOSE! She should have taken off those earrings! *hehe*

David - 393 / 350 / 43 lbs - 10.94%*baby-face* Daniel - 454 / 312 / 142 lbs! - 31.28% Good for him!!3-more At-home players to weigh in (Laura, Shannon, and Ron) - and Jerry is still in the lead.

I was hoping Dan would have lost more....but he still has lost over 30% of his body weight!

Yeah...that's really good considering the battle he had! and obviously not much support from David.

how are those girls who are working out with Bob and Jillian still looking so good in their make-up?!

esavvymom said:
Kathy - 293 / 198 / 95 lbs - 32.42% *she looks good*
Kristen - with her fabulous blonde rock-star hair - I love it! :D - 360 / 193 / 167 lbs - 46.39% OH SO CLOSE! She should have taken off those earrings! *hehe*

LOL - you know, that might have just done it!

esavvymom said:
how are those girls who are working out with Bob and Jillian still looking so good in their make-up?!

It's not makeup...they're flushed.:D

Laura - 285 / 199 / 86 lbs - 30.18%Shannon - 283 / 191 / 92 lbs - 32.51%and FINALLY, Ron - 430 / 238 / 192 lbs - WINNER of the AT-HOME Prize: JERRY!! :thumbup: *oldest competitor ever on BL History*

And then there were 3!

Thanks so much, Bobbi! You rock!I got home just as they were weighing Ron. i was thinking it ended at 10 tonight. I'm glad I'll be able to see the final weigh-in.

My pleasure! You guys all help me out...it's the least I could do *besides, I could sit here and work on my checkbook while watching/posting*

I caught a glimpse of Kristin, and it took me a minute or two to figure out who it was. She looks great.I'm thrilled for Jerry. He and his wife look great. I can see from your posts that many of the contestants did a really good job at home. I'm glad it was Mike in the final 3. I'm also glad that Ron didn't win the At-Home weigh-in. I'm not sure he should have been eligible, since he was at the ranch the whole time--well, at least the whole time the 3 finalists were. Plus, he's a putz.

Wow!!! Helen looks amazing!

Mike looks fantastic.Helen looks great, but I still think she'd look better with a different hairstyle. I also don't think that dress was her best fashion choice.Tara looks phenomenal. i really hope she wins. She's broken so many records this season.

<H2>1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?</H2><p>The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.</p><H2>2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?</H2><p>The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".</p><H2>3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.</p><H2>4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?</H2><p>The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.</p><H2>5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.</p>

1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?

The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.

2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?

The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".

3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?

Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.

4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?

The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?

There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Lisa/ChefBear