• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Tv Show - Current Season

In summary, Tara and Sione are my favorite contestants on the show. The young kid who was the heaviest contestant they've ever had is also a favorite. I missed the show because I was busy tonight, but I plan on catching up on it later.
pcchefjane said:
Okay...something I would love to see next Season...Mike's little brother/Ron's son to be brought to the Ranch to lose weight. He just breaks my heart! I was in tears seeing him tonight. Max has been raised in a family that has fought weight their whole lives...except the Mom and she is gorgeous!

I think so too......Max would be perfect for next season!!

Sending Laura home goes with the attitude of the entire season (for the most part); keep the person who needs to be here the most. Laura really would've hurt herself worse if she had stayed there. I was a little surprised at Jillian's reaction tho.....I guess I didn't really think she and Laura were that close.

Maybe Jillian had gotten closer to her than what we see reveals. I know they really clashed so much on camera, but then look at what went on with Filipe, Sione, and Jillian that was shown vs the video on the BL website that showed they really made peace!

As I was talking with The Furry Guy this morning about the show, I remembered something else from last night's episode. Once again Ron made a half-hearted attempt at the challenge, then gave up. I really don't like his attitude. I know some of you aren't Tara fans, but I like her spunk. When she fell off and everyone got so far ahead, I was afraid she'd give up. Not Tara. To come from that far behind and win was great. That girl has grit and determination.I agree that Laura really needed to go home. I understand Tara's wish for her friend to stay and get more help on the weight loss, but I think that came more from emotion than logic. Ron's cynical comment about hoping Tara wasn't just concerned about losing a vote really ticked me off. That guy just gets on my last nerve. i will be happy to see him go. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's doing well. He clearly didn't get the psychological help he needed when he had his gastric bypass surgery. But, he's just such a twiddlehead.

raebates said:
Ron's cynical comment about hoping Tara wasn't just concerned about losing a vote really ticked me off. That guy just gets on my last nerve. i will be happy to see him go. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's doing well. He clearly didn't get the psychological help he needed when he had his gastric bypass surgery. But, he's just such a twiddlehead.

I totally agree about Ron's comment to Tara - but I know that he said it because that is usually his main concern. I mean look how he was with Sione and Fillepe after they voted for him. I won't be sorry to see him go either - he's needed to go for a LONG time.

I am glad he's doing well and I agree that he didn't get the necessary help with his surgery. I know how that is, too. The biggest fear I had with having my surgery was what if this doesn't work. I've done so much else and been like this my entire life what if this last resort doesn't work. And I got zero help in that area. In fact, when I was in the hospital after my surgery I asked the doctors what I should and shouldn't eat and his response was "if you eat it and it makes you sick then don't eat it again". That was IT! And three days after my surgery they were serving me full meals in the hospital - not pureed, not soup, we are talking pork chops and mashed potatoes. And I was sent home and never saw the surgeon again. It's sad when you aren't given the treatment you need and you don't know how to ask for it. In that respect I feel bad for him, but he definately needs an attitude adjustment. Basically I'm angry with the doctors that they let their patients slip through the cracks - it's more understandable in my case because I move a lot with my husband being military but with someone like Ron who has lived in the same place for the last 20 odd years it's not right. He clearly has some sort of medical issue if he was 200lbs at age 9. That should set off warning lights in any doctors mind.

As for Tara - I love her. I hope she wins this thing. She is strong and determined and deserves it way more than some of the other players.

I really like Tara and enjoy having her on this season, it's just too bad that no one else even has a chance. She wins just about everything! It's like the whole show is about her. I don't mean to discount her, I really am enjoying her being on and totally think she deserves all she's won/ will win, because she has worked so hard and is a fighter. I just feel bad that others who are working their hardest don't stand a chance against her. I really like Kristin and hope she stays longer still and can reach her goals. She really does inspire me. I felt bad for Filipe, he was doing so well that last challenge. Tara was truly amazing though. I can't believe how she fell off and struggled for a while and STILL won! She's amazing!Ron just grates on my nerves. I was glad though that for once he didn't vote to further his son in the game or to retaliate against Kristin.

Sharon, I'm so sorry that was your experience. I've known people who have gone through gastric bypass and have gotten good dietary, psychological, and lifestyle counseling. That's what every single GB patient should get. And, frankly, with your husband in the military, it's should be even easier for them to move your records from assignment to assignment.

raebates said:
Sharon, I'm so sorry that was your experience. I've known people who have gone through gastric bypass and have gotten good dietary, psychological, and lifestyle counseling. That's what every single GB patient should get. And, frankly, with your husband in the military, it's should be even easier for them to move your records from assignment to assignment.

My real problem is two fold - first my surgery was done while we were stationed overseas, my doctor spoke english and was actually trained at Harvard but the nurses and other doctors didn't speak english at all. Made for a very intersting 10 days in the hospital - the only channel on the television that was english was MTV and BBC! I seem to have gotten around a lot of things by doing it over there because I didn't have to go through any sort of evaluations or anything before my surgery. I actually did really well, and lost 115lbs in that first year - and then I got pregnant. Still did very well, only gained 30lbs while I was pregnant and my baby was over 9lbs. By then we had moved back to the US but because we were put on recruiting duty we are not near a post, which means I am seeing civilian doctors who have no access to my military medical records. I tell them my history but because they weren't my doctor then they forget things. When I had my son I wanted very badly to nurse him and I had a lot of trouble with that. The doctors answer was that I needed to consum more calories and they just kept pushing that - eat more, eat things higher in calories, eat this, eat that, you need to nurse this baby. End of story I never was able to fully nurse him - although I did supplementally nurse him for 8 months but I ended up gaining weight again and now, while I am still 50lbs less than I was before my surgery, I am 30lbs heavier than I was the day I gave birth. And I totally blame that on the doctors. Most doctors don't really understand the effects of that sort of surgery and they give advice and instructions ignoring the fact that they have no idea what is going on inside now.

I would totally have the surger again if I had it to do over. I have a beautiful little boy because of it - I wasn't able to get pregnant before my surgery. And I am still down from where I was. But now I have lived my life as a thinner, healthier person and it is harder on my now than it was initially because I know the difference. I don't blame the military - I would love to because I hate recruiting - but in truth the problem lies with the civilian doctors I see here that just don't know what to tell me and haven't bothered to find out. In fact, my family doctor here graduated from medical school before I was born and when I fell and injured my leg before Christmas I went to him with my entire leg bruised and swollen from the knee down. I asked if I should get X-rays or anything because I was in a lot of pain. He said "No, it will go away on it's own eventually and women your size should just make it a point not to fall, it's dangerous" And he sent me home. I am still having trouble with that leg, nothing was ever done. I think it is just doctors in general lately.

I want to thank you, Sharon, for trusting us with your story. You have much to be proud of. The fact that you're on recruiting duty explains a lot. There are a lot of wonderful doctors out there. There are also a lot of lousy ones. (Think about this. Somewhere out there is the worst doctor in the world, and someone has an appointment with him or her tomorrow.) I also think that obese women receive very poor care from many doctors because they have an attitude of, "Well, you're fat. That's your main problem. If you had any discipline or self-control you'd be just fine." I'm convinced that's why my buddy's cancer went on so long without detection and, therefore, treatment. If you're still having trouble with that leg, can you go to a walk-in clinic somewhere to have it checked? Seriously, we're talking four months here.

raebates said:
If you're still having trouble with that leg, can you go to a walk-in clinic somewhere to have it checked? Seriously, we're talking four months here.

The one nice thing with our military insurance is that because we are away from a post I, as a dependant, can self refer myself to any type of dr I want except mental health as long as they accept our insurance. I say as a dependant because my poor active duty husband has to go through our primary care dr for any referral - even to get his eyes checked every year whenhe already wears glasses! So I have been considering going somewhere for xrays or something - but like you said, it's been four months now and I'm not sure what they would do at this point. I can walk fine and it isn't bruised any more but it is still tender to the touch and I can't kneel on it - not my knee exactly but just under my knee. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the support. And you're right. That is the typical response that doctors have always given me and all the heavy women in my family. It's particularly grating when it comes from a man that probably weighs 300lbs himself, which has happened several times in the past - obviously not the military doctors, they are usually within the wieght standards they are supposed to maintain.

I saw a comic once that had an overweight doctor saying to a patient, "Well, I should be telling you to exercise, eat less, and lose weight, but . . . " We all know there's a big difference between knowing what we need to do and doing it. I believe overweight women receive some of the most lackadaisical health care in this nation. Unfortunately, it's a prejudice that's difficult to overcome. I've PM'd you a more personal message.

Just read this AP article on Yahoo!:
NEW YORK – Contestants on "The Biggest Loser" aren't just overweight. They suffer from being not normal and even half-dead.That's according to Jillian Michaels, the buff, tough-talking trainer on the hit weight-loss show.Michaels said she would never insult the plus-size players she is helping trim down. But sometimes they need an extra push to get the lead out."I push them really hard," the fitness guru said this week. "They are 400 ... pounds! Hello! They are not just going to get on the treadmill and run. It doesn't work that way."The "Biggest Loser" contestants need special attention, and Michaels said her aim is to provide it."A normal person, I could be like 'OK, mama, jump up there. Warm up five minutes.' You'd be like, 'OK.'"THESE people are half-dead. I mean, it's not the same."Michaels marveled that anyone could misinterpret her training style."People are like, 'She's so mean to them.' And it's like, 'Really? Do you REALLY think so? Do you really watch the show?' ... Now if I was calling them names, that would be mean."
She has a good point. i like Jillian. I'm not sure I'd want her yelling at me, but I like her. I think she really comes to care about the people she trains. I think Bob does, too, but I feel the connection more with Jillian.

raebates said:
Just read this AP article on Yahoo!:

She has a good point. i like Jillian. I'm not sure I'd want her yelling at me, but I like her. I think she really comes to care about the people she trains. I think Bob does, too, but I feel the connection more with Jillian.

Me too, but it's because (to me) Bob is more emotional, and Jillian is more matter of fact. I respond better to someone who is just telling me the way it is, without a ton of emoting. She yells, but she doesn't get all weepy.

This reminds me of something my son told me while he was home. His traveling buddy, Josiah, is a jock--played football and other sports all through high school. The first time he and Shawn worked out together, he was spotting Shawn for his bench presses. When he started doing the typical "motivational" thing of yelling and calling Shawn a girl, Shawn replaced the weights, looked him in the eye and said, "Dude, what's wrong with you?"Josiah told him he was just helping to motivate him. Shawn said, "Well, that doesn't motivate me. It makes me want to punch you in the face."

raebates said:
This reminds me of something my son told me while he was home. His traveling buddy, Josiah, is a jock--played football and other sports all through high school. The first time he and Shawn worked out together, he was spotting Shawn for his bench presses. When he started doing the typical "motivational" thing of yelling and calling Shawn a girl, Shawn replaced the weights, looked him in the eye and said, "Dude, what's wrong with you?"

Josiah told him he was just helping to motivate him. Shawn said, "Well, that doesn't motivate me. It makes me want to punch you in the face."

That part made me laugh.
I was talking to a friend who is a personal trainer and she thinks Jillians people stay thinner longer because she works on getting to the root of thier problem. Where Bob doesnt seem to do that.

Sounds logical to me. The story of Shawn and Josiah really made me laugh, too. Shawn played a bit of soccer in jr. high, but sports just weren't his thing. He switched to a focus on music and theater and blossomed. He's very physical and athletic. He just never got into team sports. And, even when he played soccer, his coach was more of a flake than a high-pressure coach. He's definitely more used to the "That's it! Come on! You can do it!" form of encouragement.

How did you do on the quiz? I missed the first and last questions, but got the two middle questions correct. I would have been way over on the sandwich calorie guess, though.

raebates said:
How did you do on the quiz? I missed the first and last questions, but got the two middle questions correct.

I would have been way over on the sandwich calorie guess, though.

Missed the one about the pizza - and I was way over on the sandwich too. I guessed more in the 800 calorie range.

I would have guessed near 1,000 for the sandwich. Deep fried battered whatever always scares me.

I figured 4 servings on the pizza. I know the manufacturers' trick of making servings ridiculously small. I've often said that I've never met the other 3 people I'm supposed to share that pint of ice cream with.

Oh I meet them....they just arent fast enough to get to it!

I usually say I don't run unless something big and scary is chasing me in order to do me harm. However, I just might run to protect my Dark Raspberry Truffle. Plus, I would probably figure that the run had worked off the ice cream. My girl math is excellent. LOL!

Lighten up, people. Trash talk is part of competition. You don't have to participate, but don't complain about it. Frankly, I find that less of an issue than the whining.

I agree! The entire point is to WIN!

raebates said:
Lighten up, people. Trash talk is part of competition. You don't have to participate, but don't complain about it.

Frankly, I find that less of an issue than the whining.

Speaking of whining...Jillian really gave it to Tara about the whining! But it ended up happy!

Is it just me, or did Helen offer to split the money, then say she only wanted the pound? I wouldn't trust that woman as far as I could have thrown Mike at the first weigh-in.

raebates said:
Is it just me, or did Helen offer to split the money, then say she only wanted the pound? I wouldn't trust that woman as far as I could have thrown Mike at the first weigh-in.

Yep - that's exactly what she said. A bit confusing, don't you think? I'm glad Tara won (again!).

Who do you all think will go next??

No clue. I stopped trying to predict that a long time ago.I'll say one thing--they need to get rid of Ron if possible. Having him and Mike in together is just too much of a risk.

Did Ron just try to lay the blame on his wife for the boys being overweight?

That's how it sounded to me.

I'm shocked, but I'm proud of Tara for, as Jillian said, betting on herself. Good for her.

Hmmm, maybe Helen will be going?

Tara did the smart thing taking the $10,000!

I was doing the happy dance with her.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't believe Ron. I so hope that when this is all over someone socks him in the nose. He is an evil, evil man.

Very sad. That's all I keep thinking. Very sad.

Ron...........dang.........I truly didn't think he would do that to Kristen. I soooooo wanted Helen to go home.

I take that back....I'm not surprised that he would do that. I hope Mike turns out to be his own man.....because he's sure letting his dad do all his dirty work for him.

Ron is evil.................I said it to my husband after the vote and I'll say it again (and again) here................Ron is evil. He just acted shocked at Mike's vote when he clear as a bell told him what to do. Annoyed now.............

Did I mention? Ron is evil.

Yeah...I thought Ron was awful in this episode. He's had all of the control over the voting almost since the beginning, and it's going to his head. What's really sad, is now I can truly see Mike actually winning this! While Mike deserves alot of credit for his work, Ron will be disgustingly smug about it. Now I am really rooting for Tara!!Kristen played it well though and basically knew what he'd done- even if he wasn't man enough to admit it. The sad thing is, Ron is bringing his son down to his level in his scheming and lies. While it is a game in the end, there is alot to be said about how someone plays it.

Did you see the way Tara and Filipe looked at Mike when he said that now he was going to win because he had gotten rid of his competition. She was fired up before............now she's really fired up. I really like Tara.

I thought that Helen was pretty aweful this episode too. First she offered to split money with Tara and then turned around and said she would take the pound not the money - well, then what would she be splitting? Then she made her remark to Tara about her not caring about anything. I just thought she was really aweful. At least with Ron I can say he is fighting for his son. Helen sent her daughter away and stayed the first chance she got.

I like Mike, but I'm afraid that Ron's antics will hurt him in the end. I've never seen the show before this season, so I don't know how the winner is picked. How does that work? Is it strictly a final weigh-in thing? Do the contestants vote?

They take the final four players and the two that are below the yellow line are voted by phone calls from the watchers. Then the top two and the one picked by the audience to continue all participate in a weigh in and the person who has lost the most weight percentage wise wins.

Okay, thanks.

pcsharon1 said:
Did you see the way Tara and Filipe looked at Mike when he said that now he was going to win because he had gotten rid of his competition. She was fired up before............now she's really fired up. I really like Tara.

I thought that Helen was pretty aweful this episode too. First she offered to split money with Tara and then turned around and said she would take the pound not the money - well, then what would she be splitting? Then she made her remark to Tara about her not caring about anything. I just thought she was really aweful. At least with Ron I can say he is fighting for his son. Helen sent her daughter away and stayed the first chance she got.

Sad part is.....Kristen WASN'T Mike's competition. She so deserved to be there more than Helen. I do not like Helen. I do not like her one bit. I have NO respect for her whatsoever. I like Mike, I really do, but he needs to get away from his dad and be man and fight his own battles.

With all of that conversation between Tara and Helen, I'm really surprised that Tara voted to keep her.

I so wanted Helen to go last night! Kristen was so shocked when she gained the pound and I thought Bob would croak! I must admit, I was shocked at Ron last night but Mike has put one gigantic target on his back now. He better hope he never falls below the yellow line because he is gone! I don't like Tara either. She is just a big cry-baby in my opinion and then comes out on top... I would like to see it get down to Filipe, Mike, and Ron at this point. I want Helen and Tara gone. I don't care for either one. I love how Kristen has really used what she has learned to help others.Next big question... Will Joella show up for the finale? I am wondering if she will and if she will have lost much more weight!

At first I always felt that Ron truly believed that the people who needed the ranch the most should stay. But he truly changed that tune last night. As far as Helen is concerned I am SOOOOOO over her crying and carrying on. I just want to fill her face with cheez whiz from a can and tape it up!!!!! I think Filipe whines to much too. Tara does whine quite a bit but she really puts her heart and soul into everything. I wish Kristen had stayed she truly deserved to be there at the end.

Perceptions are funny. I think of Tara as simply being very open and emotional. Everything is out front with her. She laughs easily, cries easily, and gives every ounce of herself to whatever she's doing. I had wanted to see either her or Kristin win. Now I'm rooting for Tara.As much as my heart goes out to Mike and as much as I like him, I could never root for him now. His dad's tactics have tainted his play in my eyes.

Ok...so I'll start the dialog for tonight. I'm LOVING this "Train the Trainer" segment. It's just too funny to watch Bob and Jillian getting killed. :D

Train the Trainer was great.

I hate that Ron lied to Bob's face. Doesn't he realize that the truth will come out? Does he think the conversation between him and his son didn't get recorded? I really do hope someone bops him in the nose at some point.

Mike's comment about his dad playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers ticked me off. His dad's arrogance is rubbing off. The only winning strategy his dad employed was playing on everyone's sympathy by whining and crying that his son needed him. Grrrr! :grumpy:

I like the way Tara came from behind. I know there are some who don't care for her, but that girl can really kick butt. She has a lot of determination, grit, and spunk. I'd love to see her win.

<H2>1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?</H2><p>The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.</p><H2>2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?</H2><p>The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".</p><H2>3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.</p><H2>4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?</H2><p>The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.</p><H2>5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?</H2><p>There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.</p>

1. What is The Biggest Loser TV show and how does it work?

The Biggest Loser is a reality television show that focuses on overweight contestants competing to lose the most weight and win a cash prize. The contestants are divided into teams and work with trainers to lose weight through intense workouts and a strict diet. Each week, contestants weigh in and the team with the lowest percentage of weight loss has to eliminate one of their members. The show also includes emotional and motivational moments as contestants overcome obstacles and learn healthy habits for long-term weight loss.

2. How long does each season of The Biggest Loser last?

The length of each season varies, but typically it runs for around 12-15 weeks. During this time, contestants are sequestered at a ranch where they undergo intense workouts and participate in challenges to win immunity or other prizes. The final episode reveals the winner, who has lost the most weight and is crowned the "Biggest Loser".

3. What are some of the challenges faced by contestants on The Biggest Loser?

Contestants on The Biggest Loser face physical and emotional challenges as they work to lose weight. The intense workouts and strict diet can be physically demanding and can lead to injuries. Additionally, contestants have to confront and overcome emotional and mental barriers that may have contributed to their weight gain. They also have to learn how to maintain their weight loss once they leave the show and return to their normal lives.

4. How do contestants on The Biggest Loser achieve such dramatic weight loss?

The contestants on The Biggest Loser are able to achieve significant weight loss due to the intense and structured nature of the show. They are provided with a controlled and healthy diet plan, as well as access to personal trainers and other resources to help them stay on track. Additionally, the competitive nature of the show and the support from their fellow contestants can serve as motivation for them to push themselves to their limits.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser?

There have been some controversies surrounding The Biggest Loser, including accusations of extreme and unsafe weight loss methods and the potential for contestants to gain back the weight once they leave the show. There have also been concerns about the psychological effects of the intense competition and public scrutiny on the contestants. However, the show continues to be popular and has helped many individuals achieve significant weight loss and lead healthier lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Lisa/ChefBear