• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Show Outlines for Cooking-in-Action Shows

and then go to the next step as I talk about it. 2. I have a catalog that I flip through while I am cooking. I also have a binder with recipes in it. I let them choose what they are going to make. 3. I do Full Service Checkout.
caraighan
Gold Member
Hi, all,
I would like an example of show outlines that are working successfully for you. I would like both a regular show outline and a cooking-shows-in-action outline.
Also, any flyer/files that would accompany the outline.
I've been trying to do the cooking-shows-in-action. I think they will work better for me. I get kinda nervous when I'm the one in front of a group doing all the work.
However, sometimes it seems chaotic. I either can't get people to volunteer to help or they just seem to be doing whatever on their own. What do you do to get everyone to transition to another area to shop after the recipe is done?
It just doesn't seem to flow right for what I need to cover. I always seem to forget to cover something!!! Do you all include some kind of game in your shows???
I know it's a lot of questions, but I hope I can get some help from someone!!!
I have a show coming up in about a week so I thought I would get an early start!!!
Thanks!!!

I have to tell you that I am a control freak, so when I need to do the interactive it is really hard for me, because it does get chaotic. What I found best that works is to hand out note cards of the steps in the recipe that need to be performed. Each guest gets one note card and this is their task. It seems to get people to help and keeps it orderly.

I am just working on my NEW Show Outline. I have re-visited the OnLine Training and read up on Product Guides, so I will email it to you when I am done if you give me your email address. :)

LOVE the idea of the typed up tasks for each guest while doing an Interactive Style :love:

I find interactive shows to be chaotic too. However there is this trick a director in our cluster demonstrated at fall kickoff that has yielded much success for lots.

What you do is have everyone around the area of recipe prep, chairs are fine. Then what I've done is put several of tools needed for the preperation into BBQ grill basket and pass it around and have each guest take an item. I usually tell them why it's being passed around especially if I have more guests than products and people can choose to participate. If the recipe is in seasons best that's one of the "tools" That person of course reads recipe. Then you as consultant will do the recipe being "assisted" by guests with their tools. It's been pretty successful with me the few shows I've had since implenting this technique. It takes away from getting people to volunteer. I just ask who has what is needed for next step and call them up to use it. Then if possible I move away from recipe area to play a game and let them shop the catalog. Then finish off the recipe as they finish "shopping" I also do Full Service Checkout so I can interface with each guest. My last show was the only one that worked well that way where the guests actually let me help each guest without hovering. That's what I do and plan to stick with myself. Hope it helps

I love the interactive shows. I do the recipes at the dining room table and have all the guests stand around the table. They seem to get more involved if they are already standing ... you don't have to coax them into getting out of their chair.

We talk about each tool we are using and why it's convenient to have/use. I also put my tool turn about on the table and let them play with everything in there.

The key to the interactive shows is to ensure that the guests are having fun. It's okay if the Taco Ring doesn't look perfect or if they made a smiley face on the pizza with the toppings (YES, I had this happen) ... as long as they are HAPPY!

I've not had a problem with them wanting to go sit down & look at the catalog when the food is in the oven.

All my shows but two have been 100% interactive.

I love interactive, I simply don't like to be in front of everyone talking. The 3 things I've changed over the last year of my 'presentation' is -

1. Season's best - at first I would have someone read the recipes.... but now "I" read the recipes. Why? Because I skip around in a recipe. For example, if the recipe has 5 main steps, I'd start one side of the table with step 1 (talk about the knife, show how to cut, and then let the guests cut); while they are cutting, I start step 3 on the other side of the table (I talk about the stainless steel bowls, explain our measuring cups and then let the guests measure the items). This helps keep the show time down; plus, who wants to watch a guest cut three stalks of celery up (after the first few seconds, they get the hit)? I continually return to each guest - asking how they like the tool as they are using it. When I had someone reading a recipe, the guest reading would want to do everything in order -- takes twice as long to prepare a recipe. My goal is to get in and out as quickly as possible, while having fun.

2. Have the host explain the interactive part to the guests, the guests will be more likely to participate.

3. If your doing show around the kitchen table (90% of mine are), remove the extra chairs in the back until every seat is filled around the table. Otherwise, you'll have people sit away from the table, so they don't have to participate, and no one sits at the table. If the table fills up, then add more chairs in the back.

Occasionally I'll have someone grumble about having to participate in the beginning, but in the end, they are the ones who said they loved it and book a show!

If you keep it fun, they will book...

stefani2 said:
I am just working on my NEW Show Outline. I have re-visited the OnLine Training and read up on Product Guides, so I will email it to you when I am done if you give me your email address.

Could I also please get a copy of your show outline...I have my first show coming up at the end of the month and could really use some ideas.

[email protected]

1. How do I create a successful show outline for a cooking-in-action show?

To create a successful show outline for a cooking-in-action show, you should start by choosing a theme or focus for your show, such as a specific recipe or product. Then, determine the flow of the show by breaking it into segments, such as an introduction, demonstration, and interactive portion. Be sure to include engaging and interactive elements, such as games or giveaways, to keep the audience engaged. Finally, make sure to incorporate product demonstrations and tips throughout the show to showcase the benefits of the Pampered Chef products.

2. How long should a cooking-in-action show typically last?

A cooking-in-action show typically lasts between 60 to 90 minutes. This allows enough time for product demonstrations, interactive portions, and Q&A sessions. However, the length can vary depending on the theme and content of the show.

3. Do I need to have prior cooking experience to host a cooking-in-action show?

No, prior cooking experience is not necessary to host a cooking-in-action show. Our show outlines are designed to guide you through the cooking process and provide tips to make it easy and fun. Our products are also designed to be user-friendly, making it easy for anyone to cook and demonstrate with them.

4. Can I customize the show outline to fit my audience or preferences?

Yes, our show outlines are meant to be a guide, and you are free to customize it to fit your audience or preferences. You can add or remove segments, change the order of the show, or add your own personal touches to make it unique and engaging for your audience.

5. How can I make my cooking-in-action show stand out from other Pampered Chef shows?

To make your cooking-in-action show stand out, you can add unique elements such as incorporating a theme or special guest, creating interactive games or challenges, or offering exclusive deals or discounts for attendees. You can also leverage social media to promote your show and engage with your audience before and after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeahMae
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aimeers
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies