• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would Like Outline for a Cookie Exchange (Show)

Who Am I? game is to fill a bowl with name tags, candy canes, small wrapped gifts, etc. At the start of the game, the hostess announces a category (e.g. famous athletes) and everyone writes the name of a famous person on their tag. Then they pass them around the room and everyone asks a question about the person. (e.g. What was their favorite sports team? How many Olympic medals have they won?) After everyone has had a chance to ask a question, the hostess reads everyone’s questions and offers a chance to answer. The person with the most correct answers wins the prize.
LeahMae
I am interested in doing the cookie exchange show, but would like an outline. Do you just have ppl come get cookies how do you work ordering the products?
Thanks!!

LeahMae said:
I am interested in doing the cookie exchange show, but would like an outline. Do you just have ppl come get cookies how do you work ordering the products?
Thanks!!

I was thinking the same thing I want to do this but how do you work in the getting people to order products.

Bumping . . . .

I did a cookie exchange show a few years ago before I became a consultant. I had everyone bring 4 dozen cookies, 1 dozen on a plate to share and the rest divided up for people to take home, along with their recipe. At the show my consultant showed the cookie press, baking sheets, etc., and we all got to decorate some cookies. The rest was just like a regular show, we did a cookie related game (I can't remember what it was now) and then she did a regular check out. At the end, we all divvied up the brought cookies and some of the ones we made. Every one had a good time and most of what was bought was baking/holiday related.

Here are a couple suggestions:Guess the Cookie
It's sometimes hard to guess what kind of cookie you're about to eat upon first glance. Inform guests ahead of time not to tell other guests what type of cookies they plan to make for the event. When guests arrive, have them arrange their cookies on the table with just a placeholder that includes their name. Allow each guest to walk around the cookie table and, without tasting it, guess each type of cookie. Notepads or scrap paper can be used to write guesses. The person who correctly identifies the most cookies by name is the winner.Guess the Ingredients
Bake mystery cookies and pass them around for guests to taste during the cookie exchange. Have guests make a list of the ingredients they think you used to make the cookie. The person who correctly identifies the most ingredients wins the game. Do this with more than one cookie to keep the game going longer.Guess the Baking Utensil
Baking cookies requires a lot of leg work in the kitchen, from selecting ingredients to choosing the right kitchen utensils to stir, whip, flip, roll, store and bake the cookie dough. Different bakers use different tools, so gather a group of utensils you use and have your cookie exchange party guests guess what each utensil is used for and it's name. The person who correctly identifies the most utensils wins the game.Cookie Decorating Contest
Icing, sprinkles, candy, colored sugar and fondant are all used by bakers to craft unique designs for their cookies. Offer guests sugar cookies to decorate as a party game. Give guests a time limit and allow them to use what supplies you have on hand to create the ultimate cookie. If there are children present, let them have a contest of their own. Let the guests choose a winner.
Can't say Cookie Game
Make necklaces using small candy canes and red ribbons. When the guests arrive, give each person a necklace to wear and tell them they're not allowed to say the word cookie. If a person says "cookie", they lose their candy cane necklace to the person who caught them saying it. At the end of the cookie exchange, the person with the most candy cane necklaces gets a prize.Match the Cookie Memory Game
A game I play every year at my cookie exchange which helps everyone break the ice and get to know each other’s names is the Match the Cookie Memory Game.
Since I know ahead of time who is coming and what cookie each person is bringing, I simply list everyone’s first name in one column and list the cookies in random order is a second column on a sheet of paper. I ask each person to introduce themselves and the name of the cookie they are bringing and tell people to pay close attention.
At the end, they have to draw a line to match each person’s name to the cookie she brought. The person(s) who matches the most correctly wins a prize.Who Are You?
Make a nice holiday basket and have it filled with names of famous people. Have everyone submit an entry, fold the paper and place in basket. Hostess starts taping a piece of paper with a famous name to a persons back. Everyone walks around and asks people questions to figure out "who they are". You are allowed to ask one person, one question as to "who you are". Am I male or female? Politics or entertainment? Famous or infamous?
Intent: To get people to circulate, make new aquaintences and break the ice!Christmas Bowl
A variation of a trivia or Jeopardy game, like the old "College Bowl" which used to be on TV. Here is how it goes:
SET-UP: 2 small tables, bells, marker board and marker for writing points, timer, toss up questions and bonus questions, enough small prizes for one team. (Toss up questions are simple Christmas trivia questions. Bonus questions are harder, little-known Christmas trivia questions and the answers are multiple choice) I found these on the internet at different holiday games websites.
Arrange chairs around a small table (like a TV tray) for each team. Place a jingle bell tied to a ribbon on the table for each person..
Divide group in half. Each team picks a captain. (The captain will make the final decision for the team’s answer to a Bonus question.) Have each lady take up her ribboned bell. Read the rules so all know how to play. Begin with a toss up question. The first player to ring bell and get it right gets 10 points for their team, and gives their team an opportunity at a bonus question just for them. This is followed with another toss-up question, and the game proceeds. A player may ring bell during the middle of the question, but if the answer is incorrect, they lose 5 points and the other team gets the question. Teams may not confer with one another on the toss-up questions, but are able to do so on the bonus questions. Play for 2 seven minute halves. When timer rings, half or game is over.
At half-time, take a break and you, the hostess and game moderator, bring out the gift-wrapped prizes and place in middle of room. (This can give teams incentive to play better in the second half!)
Resume play after gifts are “show-cased”. Don’t forget to re-set timer! At the end of the seven minutes, timer rings. Count up points and winning team collects prizes.
I hope this is successful! We will be playing several other fun games so no one will leave my party empty handed!! And, of course, we'll all have lots of cookies!Twelve Days of Christmas
Before guests arrive, write out each of the characters for the song 12 Days of Christmas on a sealed piece of paper:
12 drummers drumming
11 pipers piping
10 Lords a Leaping
9 Ladies dancing
8 maids a milking
7 swans a swimming
6 geese a laying
5 golden rings
4 calling birds
3 French hens
2 turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree.
Give each guest one of the papers; they cannot open them until your signal. Once all are out (it’s OK for someone to have more than 1), have the group “sing” or sing-say the song, and each person says their character at the appropriate time in the song. GREAT FUN!!Definitely take the time to talk up our baking tools
-batter bowl, lid
-silicone scrapers
-whisks
-stoneware cookie sheet or rectangle stone or bar pans
-metal bakeware
-stainless mixing bowls
-cookie press
-egg separator
-measure, mix & pour
-oven mitt
-stackable cooling rack
-small stainless scoop
-food prep bowls
-vanilla
-sprinkles
-etc.A cool baking tip to pass along is the "Stir - Spoon - Sprinkle" approach to measuring dry ingredients, rather than the "Scoop,stuff,swear" system that gives dried-out uneven baking. GOOD: Stir the flour in the canister/bag with a whisk, then Spoon it into your measuring cup, sprinkling from the spoon into the cup - not packing it down. BAD: Scoop flour out of canister/bag, packing it tight - you can actually get up to 1/3 more dry ingredients than a recipe actually calls for, by doing this! This is the #1 complaint of folks using the cookie press - the mix is too dry/crumbly...how about measuring the dry ingredients correctly?! We tend to over-measure dry, and under-measure wet. Remember the meniscus - curved top of a liquid. Use the Easy Read Measuring Cups!! There are some "Cookie Show" multi-folded recipe cards around from PC about 10 years ago that are a nice giveaway for a show like this.For a craft fair I'm doing on Black Friday-Saturday, I'm just dipping pretzels in chocolate and making the chocolate wreath as we were shown 2 years ago. There is also a Cookie or Baking Tips printout available on CCorner, in the Holiday section.

Thank You Scott I am so using your ideas! I am down on Olympia and trying to book December and January!

1. What is a cookie exchange?

A cookie exchange is an event where a group of people gather to share and exchange homemade cookies with one another.

2. How does a cookie exchange work?

Each participant brings a certain number of cookies (usually a dozen) to the event. The cookies are then laid out for everyone to see and taste. Participants can then choose which cookies they would like to take home and exchange for their own.

3. What are some tips for hosting a successful cookie exchange?

Some tips for hosting a successful cookie exchange include setting a theme or color scheme, providing containers or bags for participants to take their cookies home in, and having a variety of cookies for participants to choose from.

4. Do I have to be a good baker to participate in a cookie exchange?

No, you do not have to be a good baker to participate in a cookie exchange. The event is more about sharing and exchanging cookies with others rather than the quality of the cookies.

5. Can I bring store-bought cookies to a cookie exchange?

It is generally recommended to bring homemade cookies to a cookie exchange, but store-bought cookies are also acceptable. Just make sure to clearly label which cookies are homemade and which are store-bought.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lesliec
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies