• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help With Cooking Show Outline!

In summary, Jolie is trying to step things up with her cooking show and is using different methods to see if she notices a difference. She likes to do the interactive demo and plans on using the "stack the host" game in place of the ticket game for recruiting. She also plans to use the booking slide and the "why bag" in place of the ticket game for recruiting.
pampered2007
I don't seem to get as many bookings at my shows as what I would like, so I am really trying to step things up. I have been trying to revamp my show outline to see if I notice any difference. I like to do the interactive demo which seems to go well. I also plan on using the booking slide and the "why bag" in place of the ticket game for recruiting. I also like the "stack the host" game too. So with all that and going over the guest folders and doing the door prize, I am trying to figure out when I am going to do everything and also make sure that the show runs as smoothly as possible.

Could everyone please share with me your show outline? From beginning to end, how do you do your Cooking Shows? Maybe seeing how everyone does theirs, I will be able to get my problems all figured out and planned out so I am not so nervous at my shows.

Thank you in advance for your help!

This is my opinion....and many will disagree with me. What works for one does not work for others....but I am wondering if combining your why bag, recruiting slide and games might be too much or too long? I think that those who prefer demo cooking shows and are more traditional would enjoy the games. For the younger or non traditional crowds, I'd just weave my booking and recruiting throughout the interactive shows. I do not play games but that's because *I* ALWAYS hated the home party games. I have on occassion been told that they expected games or for me to do the demo....but most of my hosts lean towards my informal format. When I have been asked to do demos, I am sooooo lame....I rarely get bookings from the more "old school" crowd. :)

Jolie I think most will agree that what works for some will not work for others. You need to do what makes you comfortable. I've found when trying to force an interactive format people are taken aback. I seem to always be getting the "old School" crowds so interactive doesn't really work. I get them involved in other ways and always offer to let anyone try any product they like. I can usually get someone to test out the mandoline. I used to think I always needed an outline too. I feel you have to customize and adapt to the crowd and your recipe.

An example

I had 2 shows last week. One tuesday one thursday. I made Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas. Because the prep work is pretty quick and then they cook in micro for 15 minutes. I do a quick intro before starting the recipe and then go into the prep work part of demo. Then while Chicken was cooking I did my speel, booking slide, then ticket game. By the time that is done and prize is drawn microwave goes off and I cut up Chicken and put shells in micro and serve and give out guest packets. It worked well and all the guests really enjoyed it. This was the first I really got into the ticket game and I know have 3 potential recruits!

Will this work for you maybe, it worked great for me but I still need to revamp something for my game day show on Sunday which was booked off of one of these shows because they aren't going to want the same exact thing plus I'm making bread bowl artichoke dip so the demo will be different. However I could still do booking slide and speel during cooking time. Which I will likely do. Also the host is one of the potential recruits and I was planning on doing something like the door prize game, where I have them flip over slip and answer 5 questions about hosting so I can convince host to sign with these bookings all ready and draw prizes from door prize slips.

kcmckay said:
Jolie I think most will agree that what works for some will not work for others. You need to do what makes you comfortable. I've found when trying to force an interactive format people are taken aback. I seem to always be getting the "old School" crowds so interactive doesn't really work. I get them involved in other ways and always offer to let anyone try any product they like. I can usually get someone to test out the mandoline. I used to think I always needed an outline too. I feel you have to customize and adapt to the crowd and your recipe.

Yup, yup. pretty much what I said, or tried to say. lol

You have to feel the crowd, and adapt as needed. It's all a personal preference, and I agree forcing the traditional crowd to do interactive is no fun and vice-versa.

I hope no one thinks I meant to imply that she's doing anything wrong. These are things that have not yet been implemented because she stated she "planned" on revamping. You definitely need to mention the biz and booking opportunity at each show. I just wondered if the why bag, a slide, a game, guest folder review AND drawing slips added to a long spiel? I haven't seen the show in action and so am "shooting in the dark" in regards to the show. Opinion and review asked, opinion given. :)

This was the first I really got into the ticket game and I know have 3 potential recruits!

What is the ticket game?? Can someone explain?

My format is pretty fluid....

Hello & Thank You...
We'll be making....let's all wash our hands and get started on the fun. I have posts set up with the tools and ingredients. As we go through each step of the recipe, I highlight the benefits of each tool and any tips I may have. Let people chit chat and share what they think as they use the items. When the recipe is cooking, I go over some items that are my personal favorites that we may not have used. I mention the booking benefits and upcoming specials. When people are eating, I thank them for coming and ask that they bring their order forms to me when ready, and that I'll be cleaning up.

As they bring their order forms, I do the full service checkout and go from there.

Again, I adapt as the party warrants. There are still many areas I need to work on...show sales would be great, so I know I need to work on my format....but for the moment, that's the gist of my show.

CAPCnewbie said:
What is the ticket game?? Can someone explain?

There are many variations of this game. It's called the ticket game because typically you use the keep this ticket coupon you can get at staples, walmart etc. Many use the clock timer and have it going for 3-5 minutes. Others use a product instead of tickets and what you win is that product. I personally grab a set amount of tickets based on size of crowd (don't have clock timer yet).

The gist of game is all the guests are encouraged to ask you questions about your business. For each question they get a ticket or the prize gets passed to them. Whoever has item gets it. For tickets I draw for a winner and give a small door prize gift. An idea that a clustermate told us about recently was she gives a gift bag with a book recruit info and YLYW DVD. I think that's kind of pushy if the winner only asks for the sake of game play. You have to really read people to see who just wants to win and who is genuinely interested in answer. And that is also just my opinion.

Common questions include

How many shows do you do a week month.
How much do you make?
Do you have kids? How does that affect business?
Do you have another job?
How much does it cost to start?
Is their training?
Etc.

HTH

What is a cooking show outline and why is it important?

A cooking show outline is a detailed plan that outlines the structure and content of a cooking show. It includes the recipes that will be demonstrated, the equipment and ingredients needed, and the order of the demonstrations. It is important because it helps the host stay organized and on track during the show, ensures that all necessary ingredients and equipment are prepared, and helps to create a seamless and engaging experience for the audience.

How do I create a cooking show outline?

To create a cooking show outline, start by deciding on the theme or focus of the show. Then, choose the recipes that best fit the theme and gather all the necessary ingredients and equipment. Next, determine the order in which you will demonstrate the recipes and make note of any special techniques or tips you want to share. Finally, create a timeline for the show, including breaks and any additional segments such as product demonstrations or games.

What should be included in a cooking show outline?

A cooking show outline should include the theme or focus of the show, the recipes to be demonstrated, a list of necessary ingredients and equipment, the order of demonstrations, any special techniques or tips to be shared, and a timeline for the show. It may also include any additional segments or activities planned for the show.

How can I make my cooking show outline more engaging?

To make your cooking show outline more engaging, consider incorporating interactive elements such as audience participation, games, or product demonstrations. You can also include visual aids or props to enhance the audience's experience. Additionally, try to keep the show moving at a steady pace and include breaks or transitions between segments to keep the audience's attention.

Can I deviate from my cooking show outline during the actual show?

While it is important to have a well-planned cooking show outline, it is also okay to deviate from it during the actual show. Unexpected things may happen, and it is important to be flexible and adapt. However, it is important to still follow the overall structure and timeline of the outline to ensure that the show stays on track and meets its objectives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CorrieW
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies