• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant's Grand Opening Show - TIA for Tips & Encouragement!

In summary, Sheila is a new consultant who is feeling a bit nervous about her first show. She has put together a folder with information about the show, her tips for hosting a successful show, and a list of items that she will need for the event. She has also prepared a gift for the first person to arrive, and has prepared a game to play while people are eating. She has practiced her recipes and is anxious about the booking slide. She has also started using her booking slide recently and feels more comfortable doing the show.
Monty060609
So today is my first real real show. I've been a consultant since October but been very slacking the whole time. And when I tried to do shows at my house no one could come, except once when my MIL came. So I'm pretending that I just signed up and this is my grand opening show :) It will also be all I have to be active for January.

I would so greatly appreciate any tips, encouragement, ideas, etc that I should be sure to do. I posted my show outline the other day, but now that today is here I'm getting a bit nervous. :eek: The show is at 3pm.

TIA!!

Host coaching is all the pre-show stuff ... invite lots of people, utilize the online ordering system, if they can't come offer to let them place an outside order, if they RSVP that they will be there - call them 2 days before the show (even if it's when you know that they are not home so you can leave a msg without being tied to the phone for hours) and tell them how you are looking forward to seeing them on Saturday at 3PM for your show, etc.As far as new consultant training, HAVE FUN! That's what it's all about. Realize that nothing (even a wedding) will usually go off without a hiccup. Be prepared for a non-perfect show and don't let it get to you when/if something does happen. Someone else on CS made a comment recently about being a Pampered Chef not a Perfect Chef ... that's great advice! :DMake sure you take printouts for the upcoming specials so you can get more bookings!If you are going to do a door prize drawing or a game, don't forget to take the gifts!!!Walk yourself through the recipe at home first. If it says "cut the tomatoes", make sure you have something to cut them with and something to cut them on ... do you need a small bowl to put them in while something else is being cut? If you walk yourself through the recipe step by step and pull out each tool that you will need for that part of the recipe, you'll be prepared & not in a state of panic when you realize that you've forgotten a tool. ;)Oh, and have fun!!! I know I said that already, but it's one of the most important things to remember!!! If you are having fun, the guests will too and they will be more apt to book a fun Cooking Show of their own!!! :D

Thanks Sheila!You're right, host coach wasn't the right way to put that. I've got folders made with catalog, order form, Jan/Feb/Mar specials, recipe card and guest info sheet.
I've got a gift ready for the 1st to arrive (bc no one wants to be that person LOL)
I've got my game ready with a gift and I've got three small gifts for the door prize drawing.I've been thinking about the recipes. I'm only doing the chicken in the baker and garlic parm biscuits. So that should be easy.
The biggest thing I'm nervous about is the booking slide, I've never used one. I feel goofy doing it, but I'm ok with that part. I just don't know when to put it out.

I've just started using my booking slide recently. I do that part of the demo when everyone is sitting down feeding their face & quiet! LOL Works GREAT! I cover all the host specials, tell them about the shipping restrictions for living on an overseas military base and then announce that as a "consolation" to not being able to do "ship to host" here in Okinawa, that I do free shipping as my door prize & have everyone stop to fill out the door prize drawing slip at that point. That way, they've already done the interactive show, touched the products, tried the recipe and heard about hosting/becoming a consultant when they get to the boxes that they might want to check on the door prize drawing slip. :D

Hi there! Congratulations on your first real show and your grand opening! It's always exciting to have a fresh start and I'm sure you'll do great. Here are a few tips to make sure your show is a success:1. Be prepared: Make sure you have all your products, catalogs, and order forms ready to go. Also, have your hostess packet and any other materials you may need on hand.2. Set the stage: Make sure your space is clean and inviting. Add some decorations or samples to showcase your products and create a fun atmosphere.3. Engage your guests: During the show, make sure to engage your guests by asking questions, sharing product knowledge, and offering tips and tricks on how to use the products.4. Offer incentives: Consider offering a special discount or free gift for guests who book a show or place an order. This will encourage them to take action and help you reach your goals for the month.5. Follow up: After the show, make sure to follow up with your guests to thank them for attending and to see if they have any questions or need help with their orders.Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and be yourself. Your enthusiasm for the products will shine through and your guests will have a great time. Best of luck with your show today! Let us know how it goes. :)

What are the benefits of hosting a grand opening show for a new consultant?

Hosting a grand opening show is a great way to introduce yourself as a new consultant and start building your customer base. It allows you to showcase our products and services, gain valuable feedback and tips from other consultants, and potentially earn free or discounted products as rewards for hosting. It's also a fun and memorable way to start your Pampered Chef journey!

How should I invite guests to my grand opening show?

There are many ways to invite guests to your grand opening show. You can send out personalized invitations through email or social media, hand out physical invitations to friends, family, and neighbors, or even create a Facebook event and invite people that way. Be sure to emphasize the fun and benefits of attending, and offer incentives for RSVPs and bringing a guest along.

What should I include in my grand opening show presentation?

Your grand opening show presentation should include a mix of product demonstrations, personal stories and experiences with Pampered Chef, and information about the company and its mission. Be sure to also include details about any current promotions and specials, as well as ways for guests to place orders or book their own shows. And don't forget to leave time for Q&A and mingling!

What are some tips for a successful grand opening show?

First and foremost, have fun and be yourself! Your enthusiasm and passion for Pampered Chef products will be contagious. It's also important to be well-prepared and organized, have a clean and inviting setup, and provide tasty treats and refreshments for your guests. Don't be afraid to ask for help and support from other consultants, and be sure to follow up with guests afterwards to thank them for attending and offer any additional assistance.

What kind of encouragement and support can I expect from other Pampered Chef consultants?

The Pampered Chef community is known for its strong sense of camaraderie and support. As a new consultant, you can expect to receive tips, advice, and encouragement from other consultants, both online and in person. Many consultants also offer mentorship and training programs to help new consultants succeed. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help when needed!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • KymberlyMcD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies