• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill or Demo? How Should I Prepare Margarita Grilled Shrimp for a Party of 19?

In summary, Amy is having her biggest attended party yet. She's got 19 confirmed and 6 maybes. The catch: It's the host's birthday...so it's kind of a birthday party AND pampered chef party. Scott recommends that she do a quick 'n dirty salsa recipe (either with salad shears or food chopper) and the guys will swoon. The race results are that the Mexican Chicken Lasagna can be assembled in just over 8 minutes.
AmyDare
I have a party Friday that sounds like it's going to be my biggest attended
party yet. She's got 19 confirmed and 6 maybes. The catch: It's the host's
birthday...so it's kind of a birthday party AND pampered chef party. (I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that I'm "catering" her birthday party!!)
Anyway, I'm planning to do the Mexican Chicken Lasagna, and she asked if I could also do something on the grill, for the men.
With 19 people, I don't mind doing more than one recipe...but I can't be in 2
places at once. I found the recipe for Margarita Grilled Shrimp, but don't know how to make it work. Do I do the prep work for the grilled shrimp and turn it over to the men and do an indoor demo for the ladies, or should I change it to grill and salad and keep everyone together?
Any advice would be more than welcome!
Amy

Stay off the grill. If you go outside, sales will sink. Do a quick 'n dirty salsa recipe (either with salad shears or food chopper) and the guys will swoon. Show one or two BBQ tools, BBQ basting bottle, or some of the turners and they'll be thrilled.At any birthday event I always bring the BD gal fresh flowers and make a 3-2-1 cake... it is a show stopper, indeed.Follow through on your MCL in the DCB and whip up a quick salsa. Prep the cake beforehand and have the hostess pop it in the microwave as you start the demo. By keeping the guys and gals together, you will raise your show total--guys will buy more, and guys will add to their gals orders!

Scott is right on track. If the guys really want to grill you could let them try out a few products on their own after your demo. Also be sure to show the guys the forged cutlery. Women like it but men LOVE it. The salsa is perfect for the guys - they love fresh salsa but most don't want to take the time to make it themselves.

My BIL is having his own show in August because he wants the whole set. His wife is having one next month because she wants different items. Most of the forged cutlery I have sold is to the men that happen to be there with their wives.

If she want's something on the grill give her the recipe bring your tool's and let them men cook on the grill. Plus if it is her birthday then she should be doing the demonstrating. Makes her the center of attention.

Thank you for the great advice! We're going to make the lasagna...and make 2 batches! (I've borrowed another DCB). We're going to divide the group into 2 groups and have them "race" to make the recipe. Should be interesting with one set of tools!!!

Race results: Did you know the Mexican Chicken Lasagna can be assembled in just over 8 minutes? Talk about dinner in no time! :)

Sounds like you guys had fun, and maybe you even got to have a short evening! How were the sales?

scottcooks said:
At any birthday event I always bring the BD gal fresh flowers and make a 3-2-1 cake... it is a show stopper, indeed
QUOTE]

SCOTT what's a 3-2-1 cake? I did a search in the Files but only came up with the PC Business Success Model!

AMY, I love the recipe contest! Great idea!

It was a lot of fun...didn't have a ton of time to talk about product because people were busy having fun. I did sell one baker at full price (the guy asked me if the price was "Firm"...but he did end up buying it)...otherwise sales were not as awesome as I had expected, but the host is going after the outside orders so I won't know the final total until probably Wednesday.
I forgot the flowers, but she had so many it worked out. We did do a microwave cake in the fluted pan, and it was lovely on the cake pedestal!
Not a short evening because of all the commotion...but it was a lot of fun!

1. How do I find recipes for Friday?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to our exclusive recipe database that includes a variety of delicious and easy-to-prepare dishes for every day of the week. Simply log into your consultant account and click on the "Recipes" tab to browse through our collection.

2. I need to accommodate dietary restrictions, can you help?

Yes, our recipe database includes filters that allow you to search for recipes based on dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, etc. You can also reach out to our Recipe Hotline for personalized assistance in finding recipes that fit your needs.

3. How do I adjust the serving size for a recipe?

Each recipe in our database includes a serving size and a convenient tool for adjusting the recipe to fit your needs. Simply click on the "Adjust Recipe" button and enter the desired number of servings. The recipe ingredients and instructions will automatically adjust accordingly.

4. Can I save recipes for future use?

Yes, you can save recipes to your personal Recipe Box within your consultant account. This allows you to easily access your favorite recipes and keep track of any modifications you have made for future reference.

5. I have a specific ingredient I want to use, how can I find recipes that include it?

Our recipe database includes an ingredient search feature that allows you to enter a specific ingredient and find all the recipes that include it. You can also use multiple ingredient filters to narrow down your search results and find the perfect recipe for your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
pclady213
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks