• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Meat Party: Dessert Ideas for a Friday Night!

In summary, a party is planned for a Friday night with a mostly Catholic group, so a non-meat menu is being prepared. The Itty Bitty Bevs drink and a homemade salsa using a manual processor will be served. The host is looking for dessert ideas and is considering a grilled banana sundae or a lemon berry cake from the DCB. A grilled pound cake with strawberries and optional chocolate drizzle is also suggested. A recipe for a margarita pie is mentioned, and the S'mores Cups were a hit at a previous party. Some guests may have given up chocolate for lent, so a non-chocolate option is advised. The host has previously made the grilled banana sundae and it was well received.
NewtoMom
I'm doing a party in a couple of weeks on a Friday. Most of the group will be Catholic so I'm doing a non-meat party.
We discussed doing the the Itty Bitty Bevs drink for sure and I'm thinking about making a salsa with the manual processor.

Does anyone have any dessert ideas that would go with the drinks? I thought about doing the grilled banana sundae recipe that comes with the grill pan. Or maybe the lemon berry cake in the DCB.

It's going to be a 7pm party so my sister (the host) thinks that most of them would have eaten something before they came. So I thought dessert would be a good option.

There is a recipe on here to make a pie out of the margarita mix that looks really good.

I did the S'mores Cups at my party on Friday and they were a HUGE hit. I started the crusts first and then finished up the rest after my other recipe was started which was in the DCB so no conflicting appliances. Then I was able to finish my DCB recipe while they cooled.

Remember lots of people give up chocolate for lent.. :) I'd go with grilled Pound cake on the grill pan (brush with butter then grill) with strawberris wizzed in the MFP .. it's delicious and beautiful.. very reasonably priced as well. you could maybe have a chocolate sauce on the side for those who care to drizzle.

DeannaK1022 said:
Remember lots of people give up chocolate for lent.. :) I'd go with grilled Pound cake on the grill pan (brush with butter then grill) with strawberris wizzed in the MFP .. it's delicious and beautiful.. very reasonably priced as well. you could maybe have a chocolate sauce on the side for those who care to drizzle.

Do you use the pre-made pound cake on the grill pan? I did make the grilled banana sundae that is on the grill pan recipe card. It was super good.

1. What are some easy dessert ideas for a non-meat party on a Friday night?

Some easy dessert ideas for a non-meat party on a Friday night include fruit platters with a variety of seasonal fruits, chocolate-dipped strawberries, homemade ice cream sandwiches using non-dairy ice cream and store-bought cookies, or a build-your-own sundae bar with various toppings.

2. Are there any gluten-free options for desserts at a non-meat party?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for desserts at a non-meat party. Some ideas include fruit skewers with a honey yogurt dip, chocolate avocado pudding, gluten-free brownies, or coconut macaroons.

3. Can I make a vegan dessert for a non-meat party?

Absolutely! There are plenty of delicious vegan dessert options for a non-meat party. Some ideas include vegan chocolate chip cookies, fruit crumble with dairy-free whipped cream, vegan cheesecake, or coconut milk ice cream.

4. How can I incorporate seasonal flavors into my dessert options for a non-meat party?

You can incorporate seasonal flavors into your dessert options by using seasonal fruits, such as berries in the summer or apples in the fall. You can also add seasonal spices, like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, to your desserts for a festive touch.

5. Are there any quick and easy dessert ideas for a non-meat party?

Yes, there are many quick and easy dessert ideas for a non-meat party. Some options include store-bought cupcakes or cookies, frozen fruit popsicles, or a fruit and cheese platter with honey and crackers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
booksx2
Replies
Views
pclady213
  • minersmix
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies