• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe

In summary, the conversation was about a host planning a "Margarita Madness" party and looking for recipe ideas. They mentioned finding Margarita Pie/Squares and Margarita Slushie recipes, but couldn't find a recipe for Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers. Another person shared that the exact name is Margarita Grilled Shrimp and that the recipe can be found in the Great Grilling Recipe Card Collection on Consultants Corner. The recipe was then provided, along with tips for working with jalapeno peppers. The host thanked everyone for their help and mentioned wanting to order the Grilling Recipe Collection and making an alcohol-free Margarita drink for the party.
adventurechef
I am doing a "Margarita Madness" Party later this month and have looked on this site for recipes. I found a couple good ones: Margarita Pie/Squares and lots of Margarita Slushie recipes. Some one, of course I don't remember which thread it was in, mentioned Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers.

I have looked here, in Joyce's Fine Cooking site, and in what limited PC cookbooks I have and couldn't find the recipe.

Does anyone know where to find this recipe? Could you post it please?

I know there are lots of Mexican dishes out there, a few I have tried, but my Host wants to stick to the "Margarita" theme.

Thank you in advance,
Linda

The only thing I foung out is that the exact name is Margarita Grilled Shrimp and that they are located in the Great Grilling Recipe Card Collection....found it on Consultants Corner, but because of it being part of the recipe card collection, they won;t let me view it....sorry. Hope this helped a little tho!

Here you go...Margarita Grilled Shrimp

1/2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
24 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined

Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. In small bowl, combine limeade concentrate, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and salt; set aside. Cut pineapple into 3/4 inch thick slices. Thread shrimp onto four, 12 inch skewers.

Place pineapple slices on grid of grill; brush with a portion of the limeade mixture. Grill, covered, 6 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn slices over; brush with limeade mixture. Grill 6 minutes; remove pineapple from grill. Place shrimp skewers on grid of grill; grill 3-4 minutes or until shrimp appear opaque, turning once and brushing occasionally with remaining limeade mixture.

To serve, cut pineapple slices in half and place on Simple Additions Rectangle Platter. Top pineapple with skewers of shrimp. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings

Cook's Tip: Wear plastic gloves when working with jalapeno peppers. The juice from the peppers can create a burning sensation on the skin.

Many thanksThank you so much. I do not know anyone who has ordered the Grilling Recipe Collection yet. It sounds fabulous, I might have to order them myself.

I think I'll have a nice collection of "Margarita" recipes for my Host. It looks like I can do the Margarita Pie first and while it chills do the Margarita Grilled Shrimp, and hopefully have everything ready at the same time. I think I will opt for an alcohol free Margarita drink or Limeade as this party will be in the afternoon.

Thanks for all your help!
Linda

Nice to see another fellow Canadian!! :)

Good luck with the recipes!

What ingredients do I need for the Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe?

To make the Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers, you will need:

• 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 cup tequila
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
  • 1 red onion, cut into chunks
  • 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
  • Optional: lime wedges and cilantro for garnish

How long do I marinate the shrimp for?

You will need to marinate the shrimp for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator. This will allow the flavors to infuse into the shrimp.

Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before marinating and grilling. You can thaw them by placing them in the refrigerator overnight or by running them under cold water.

How do I grill the shrimp skewers?

Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Thread the marinated shrimp, bell pepper, and onion onto the soaked skewers. Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp are pink and fully cooked. Serve with optional lime wedges and cilantro for garnish.

Can I make this recipe in the oven or on the stovetop?

Yes, if you do not have a grill, you can also make this recipe in the oven or on the stovetop. To make it in the oven, preheat your broiler and place the skewers on a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side. To make it on the stovetop, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jenn'sKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
  • TheresaK
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies