• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Shrimp with Basil Oil & Citrus Rub - A Survivor/Grill Show Recipe

In summary, to make Grilled Shrimp with Basil Oil & Citrus Rub, you will need 1 lb of large shrimp, olive oil, garlic, dried oregano, basil, thyme, paprika, salt, black pepper, fresh basil leaves, lemon zest and juice, and lime zest and juice. You can use frozen shrimp, but make sure to thaw them before grilling. To make the basil oil, blend olive oil and fresh basil leaves until smooth or finely chop the basil and mix with oil. Marinate the shrimp for at least 30 minutes before grilling on a stovetop using a grill pan or skillet.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Just wanted to share a super easy and DELICIOUS recipe for grilling. I did this this at a survivor/grill show and it came out amazing.

Brush uncooked shrimp with the basil oil and then rub them with the basil citrus rub. Grill using the skewers (or directly on the grill).

Products used: silicone brush, basil oil, prep bowl (for oil), citrus-basil rub, skewers, and assorted grill tools.

Yummm...we have tons of shrimp in the freezer - I am going to make this for DH one of these days...and with some coconut rice in the micro rice cooker!! We could turn this into a demo -- for the rice...use Easy Reads, mix & scrapers...u could squeeze a lime with the citrus press into the marinade...yummmmm

ok, now I'm hungry!

What is coconut rice? It sounds yummy! You could also do butter mixed with freshly pressed garlic on the shrimp.

who's cooking, Im comming over for dinner sounds really good. I'll bring the Salad Spinner !!!

Carolyn: share coconut rice recipeCarolyn, Do you have a coconut rice recipe you can share?

I'm making the citrus-basil shrimp for my husband tonight and the coconut rice sounds like a really great side dish!

Kristin

legacypc46 said:
Carolyn, Do you have a coconut rice recipe you can share?

I'm making the citrus-basil shrimp for my husband tonight and the coconut rice sounds like a really great side dish!

Kristin

I don't have it - DH does - but I will get him to type it up for me so I can share it. It's awesome!

Thanks Carolyn.

Where in South Florida are you? I lived in WPB/Jupiter area several years ago. I miss the area (but not the traffic...especially in winter!).

Kristin

1. What ingredients do I need to make Grilled Shrimp with Basil Oil & Citrus Rub?

To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp of dried oregano
  • 1 tsp of dried basil
  • 1 tsp of dried thyme
  • 1 tsp of paprika
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1/4 tsp of black pepper
  • 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced

2. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely before grilling.

3. How do I make the basil oil?

To make the basil oil, simply blend 1/4 cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves in a food processor or blender until smooth. You can also finely chop the basil and mix it with the oil if you don't have a blender.

4. How long should I marinate the shrimp?

For best results, marinate the shrimp for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will allow the flavors to fully infuse into the shrimp.

5. Can I grill the shrimp on a stovetop instead of a grill?

Yes, you can grill the shrimp on a stovetop using a grill pan or skillet. Just make sure to preheat the pan and use a little oil to prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies