• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Grilling Recipes for Cottagers Camp: A Cooking Demo Guide

Cottagers Camp" using grilling tools and outdoor serving pieces. She plans on doing an interactive show with one recipe for the grill and one "indoor" recipe for those who do not want to work with the grill. She also suggests making a BLT dip and a microwave cake for the event. In summary, Sarah is planning to do a cooking demo with recipes that appeal to both men and women, using grilling tools and outdoor serving pieces, and incorporating an interactive show with a mix of grill and indoor recipes.
mrssyvo
I have been asked to do a cooking demo for my neighbors, and not sure what to do. Let me explain- Hubby and I now live on the grounds of a Bible Conference, and next week is "Cottagers Camp" It is like Family Camp, but for everyone who lives on the grounds. I am looking for recipes that will appeal to men and women, and shows plenty of products. I told them I would do a Grilling show, but I do not know how to grill (Hubby is giving me a crash course on Father's Day. ) I would like to use out grilling tools, and outdoor Serving pieces (collapsible bowl, grill basket,. skewers, etc) What do you suggest?

mrssyvo said:
I have been asked to do a cooking demo for my neighbors, and not sure what to do. Let me explain- Hubby and I now live on the grounds of a Bible Conference, and next week is "Cottagers Camp" It is like Family Camp, but for everyone who lives on the grounds. I am looking for recipes that will appeal to men and women, and shows plenty of products. I told them I would do a Grilling show, but I do not know how to grill (Hubby is giving me a crash course on Father's Day. ) I would like to use out grilling tools, and outdoor Serving pieces (collapsible bowl, grill basket,. skewers, etc) What do you suggest?

My first suggestion is not to worry too much about how to use the grill! Do it as an interactive show, and it will take on a life of its own.

How about having one recipe for the grill (maybe grilled veggies in the basket, using one of the spice rubs), and one 'indoor' recipe for the wives or those who don't want to work with the grill? The BLT Dip is delicious, and easy to prepare (uses a few tools, including the FC), and you can cook the bacon (the only cooking involved), on the Bar Stone. Maybe do a microwave cake, too. This is how I'm doing a show on the 28th for a host who decided to add me as the entertainment for a cookout she already had planned!

Hope this helps-

Sarah

Hi there,First of all, congratulations on being asked to do a cooking demo for your neighbors! That sounds like a fun and exciting opportunity.Since you mentioned that you are not very familiar with grilling, I would suggest keeping things simple and sticking to recipes that are easy to execute. One idea could be to do a build-your-own skewer station, where you provide a variety of meats, vegetables, and fruits for people to choose from and then grill on skewers. This allows for customization and also shows off your grilling tools.Another option could be to do a demonstration of using a grill basket to cook vegetables or fish. This could be a healthier option for those who may not want to eat meat.In terms of recipes, you could consider doing a mix of traditional barbecue dishes like burgers and hot dogs, as well as some more unique grilled items like grilled pizza or grilled fruit for dessert.Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from your neighbors who may be more experienced with grilling. They may have some great tips and tricks to share with you.Best of luck with your cooking demo and have fun with it!

What type of recipes are included in the "Delicious Grilling Recipes for Cottagers Camp" guide?

The guide includes a variety of grilling recipes that are perfect for cottagers and campers, such as marinated meats, grilled vegetables, and even desserts.

Do the recipes require any special equipment?

No, all of the recipes can be made using basic grilling equipment that is commonly found at cottages or campsites.

Are there options for vegetarians or those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, the guide includes a section for vegetarian grilling recipes and also offers substitution suggestions for those with dietary restrictions.

Are the recipes difficult to follow?

No, the guide includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure that even beginner grillers can successfully make the recipes.

Can the recipes be made ahead of time for a large group?

Yes, many of the recipes can be prepped and marinated ahead of time, making them perfect for feeding a group at a cottage or campsite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • chefsarab
  • Pampered Chef Shows