• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Camping Recipes for a Fun-Filled Adventure

In summary, Linda Larsen from "Pamper Your Camper" is a camper and teacher who wants to create recipes that are mostly put together and in the freezer. She also sells party plates utensils, new green bar board/quick cut paring knife. Forged cutlery utility knife, and some cookware. She also wants women to think about camping as a fun and relaxing time. She will keep you posted about her idea.
cally
I want to do Power Cooking for Camping in April. "Pamper Your Camper". I want people to realize that camping is supposed to be fun and all our products can make cooking at the campsite quick and easy. I have some recipes for camping but I was hoping that I could get some more ideas.
I will do the Ziplock omelets, and maybe Taco Grande. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Freezer Breakfast Burritos
From Linda Larsen

You can vary the additions to this recipe. Add onions or frozen hash brown potatoes, omit the salsa, try using different types of cheese or flavored tortillas. The possibilities are endless!
INGREDIENTS:
12 eggs
2 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. pork sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 cup chunky salsa
2 cups Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese
24 flour tortillas
PREPARATION:
In large skillet, melt butter. Beat eggs in large bowl and add to skillet. Cook eggs in butter, stirring frequently, until scrambled and set. Add cooked sausage and salsa to egg mixture and mix gently.

Breakfast

Warm tortillas as directed on package. Place about 1/2 cup egg and sausage mixture onto each tortilla and sprinkle with some cheese. Roll up each tortilla to make burritos, folding in the ends and rolling up. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and freeze until solid. Then wrap individually and package in zip-lock freezer bags.

When you're ready to eat, unwrap the burritos, wrap loosely in microwave safe paper towel and heat in the microwave on high power for 1-3 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.

You can also thaw burritos in the refrigerator overnight, then wrap each in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until hot. The thawed burritos can also be deep fried for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp. 24 burritos
---------

ALSO I would recommend http://www.freezerbagcooking.com you can find helpful recipes your family or theirs would enjoy!

HTH

OMG, I am a huge camper, and most of our friends have purchased campers in the last two summers! I LOVE the Pamper Your Camper idea!!! So how exactly are you doing this?? are you having the show at a house and just giving ideas, have you ever thought about holding an actual show while camping? I thought of this before. I have a friend who I am trying to book a show, and she has had several in the past and is being a little hesitant- I think she is bored with hosting. I was thinking she might LOVE this idea and it might get her excited to book again! We actually camp a lot at a campsite that is close to her house, and lots of her friends either camp with us, or have come by for the day to hang out at the campgrounds with us. I would love to hear more ideas on this!! Thanks!

I want to make up recipes that are mostly put together and in the freezer. I want to sell the party plates utensils, new green bar board/quick cut paring knife. The forged cutlery utility knife. some cookware. I want women to think about camping as a fun and relaxing time. Sometimes I feel like I didn't get a break because I cooked and cleaned just like I do at home, but it is alot harder when you are camping. So if the meals are put together and your camping gear is good quality clean up is quick and easy.

Please keep me posted about your idea. I teach camping and outdoor cooking to Girl Scout moms and girls. I always bring my tool turn about with my other camping eqipment. Most of my bookings and all three of my recruits are from Girl Scouts.

I will keep you updated as I create.:)

1. What is power cooking for camping?

Power cooking for camping is a method of using efficient and quick cooking techniques to prepare meals while camping. It involves utilizing tools and techniques such as foil packet cooking, dutch oven cooking, and campfire grilling to create delicious and convenient meals in the great outdoors.

2. What equipment do I need for power cooking while camping?

You will need a variety of equipment depending on the specific recipes you plan to make. However, some essential tools for power cooking while camping include a portable grill or camp stove, a dutch oven, aluminum foil, and cooking utensils. Additionally, having a sharp knife, cutting board, and measuring cups and spoons can be helpful.

3. Can I use power cooking while backpacking?

Power cooking can be adapted for backpacking, but it may require more planning and consideration due to limited space and weight restrictions. Foil packet cooking and using a lightweight camp stove or backpacking stove are popular options for backpacking meals. It's also important to consider the weight and size of the equipment you bring.

4. Are there any power cooking recipes specifically for vegetarians or vegans?

Yes, there are many power cooking recipes that are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. You can easily adapt foil packet meals and dutch oven recipes by using vegetables, tofu, or plant-based proteins in place of meat. There are also many plant-based campfire grilling recipes available.

5. How do I safely store and transport power cooked meals while camping?

It's important to properly store and transport power cooked meals to ensure food safety while camping. Make sure to pack meals in airtight containers or wrap them tightly in foil to prevent contamination. If you are storing meals in a cooler, make sure to keep them separated from raw meats and always use a food thermometer to ensure meals are cooked to safe temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• K9FindM
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • ChefPaulaB