• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for "Cowgirl Cooking"

I also like having a small portable propane grill - it's great for quick and easy meals when we're on the go. I have a small Weber kettle too - great for making coffee or tea on the trail!
K9FindM
Hi All - I am trying to put together ideas for my cowgirls and friends that I ride with. Kind of looking for recipe ideas that would be fun and easy - some shows may end up being held at a barn kitchen and I may be very limited as to what cooktops I can utilize.
Other shows will be held in someone's home, while I may branch out to doing shows when we camp out with on the trail and grill.
Just wanted to see if anyone had some cool ideas they would share with me.

Thanks in advance! Excited! :balloon:

Maria

Your DCB would go into a campfire - might not be pretty when you take it out, but it'd cleanup just fine. Anything on a skillet with a hotplate. I'd suggest sizzle up some onions and peppers. What about Lightning Turkey Chili or Sizzle up some fast Fajitas?

scottcooks said:
Your DCB would go into a campfire - might not be pretty when you take it out, but it'd cleanup just fine. Anything on a skillet with a hotplate. I'd suggest sizzle up some onions and peppers. What about Lightning Turkey Chili or Sizzle up some fast Fajitas?

I don't think you can do this with the DCB. Direct flame or heat can cause it to crack.

The one thing I keep coming back to is the tin foil dinners. You can show them fajitas with the ingredients wrapped up in tin foil and cooked in the coals. Use your PC tools to take care of the chopping and toppings. The grill tray and basket are great ideas for doing kabobs without the sticks.

wadesgirl said:
The grill tray and basket are great ideas for doing kabobs without the sticks.

I think focusing on some of the outdoor tools would be nice in addition to these. I love my BBQ set!! Plus there are the PC kebob sticks!

I meant sizzle in a skillet - on a burner... Walgreen's $12 or Sam's club or whatever. You'll want an extension cord and be sure it is on a stable surface.True, direct heat on the DCB isn't a good plan

Thank you all for your ideas - this will help me focus on what I can do for these shows!

Maria

I few good tools for the trail would be one of the small bar boards and one of the self honing knives. Collapsible bowls are good too because they don't take up much room.

wadesgirl said:
I few good tools for the trail would be one of the small bar boards and one of the self honing knives. Collapsible bowls are good too because they don't take up much room.

I agree. These items and the grill basket & tray...and a couple grilling tools (basically the tongs and the regular spatula) are what we use the most when we're camping.

1. What are some easy recipes for cowgirl cooking?

Some easy recipes for cowgirl cooking include BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, cowboy casserole, and chili con carne. These dishes can be made in a slow cooker or over an open fire for a true cowgirl feel.

2. What ingredients are essential for cowgirl cooking?

Essential ingredients for cowgirl cooking include beans, corn, beef, chili peppers, and BBQ sauce. These ingredients are commonly used in traditional western dishes and add a touch of spice and flavor to any cowgirl meal.

3. Can you recommend any one-pot recipes for cowgirl cooking?

Yes, one-pot recipes are perfect for cowgirl cooking because they require minimal preparation and clean-up. Some great options include cowboy stew, skillet lasagna, and chicken and rice casserole.

4. Are there any vegetarian options for cowgirl cooking?

Absolutely! Some delicious vegetarian options for cowgirl cooking include veggie chili, bean and cheese enchiladas, and BBQ tofu skewers. You can also substitute meat with plant-based alternatives like Beyond Meat or tofu in traditional cowgirl recipes.

5. What tools or equipment do I need for cowgirl cooking?

You don't need any special tools or equipment for cowgirl cooking, but some helpful items include a cast-iron skillet, slow cooker, and BBQ grill. These tools are versatile and can be used to make a variety of cowgirl dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Pedey
  • Michael Serrano