• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Was Asked About Cooking "Classes"

In summary, this customer is scared to death to even try holding cooking classes, but is hoping someone out there has done this before. John provides a summary of the content, suggesting that this customer may want to explore offering cooking classes not affiliated with Pampered Chef products.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have no clue what to do here. I have a customer who thought it would be neat if I held some cooking classes. I know if I got this type of exposure, it could probably create a booking or sales boom for me but I am scared to death to even try it. I am hoping someone out there has done this before. And can tell me how you go about it.
I do know of some one named Lynn in Virginia who did this. My guest moved here from there and that is how she got interested in PC products. AND the consultant DID NOT sell at this venue. She did not even mention PC. Just did a cooking class using PC products. Focus on recipes not products. She gave everyone business cards and that was it. No products, no recruiting info, no booking info, no nothing except the recipes.
Thank you in advance.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I know I held a Power Cooking workshop at my home, although everyone invited obviously knew I was a consultant. I did tell them there was NO NEED to buy anything, this was just a workshop, but once I got talking about the products, most people did buy something. However, I did sell two 12" skillets (one was to the "host" who won the host benefits). I think it's a neat idea and matter of fact, maybe a local park district would be willing to work with you on that. My park district allows residents to suggest a class, especially if they'd be the ones willing to teach it. Other than Power Cooking, I wouldn't know what else to offer since I'm pretty clueless in the kitchen if it's not a PC recipe or something easy like Rachael Ray.:)

I'd say explore it and see what happens!

I have a fellow consultant who does this, and makes them sign a contract that they will purchase $25 per class in products, she holds classes in her home with a minimum of 6 people (so she always has a show), and they sign up for 6 weeks at a time.It works for her.

There have been consultants that do the apple pie making class and have guests purchase the products prior to...if you go to search you can probably locate something on this topic.

vwpamperedchef said:
There have been consultants that do the apple pie making class and have guests purchase the products prior to...if you go to search you can probably locate something on this topic.
I was going to suggest something similar...prepare one dish, but the products need to be purchased so everyone can make the recipe at the same time. This way it is more like instruction/class.

Nanisu said:
I have a fellow consultant who does this, and makes them sign a contract that they will purchase $25 per class in products, she holds classes in her home with a minimum of 6 people (so she always has a show), and they sign up for 6 weeks at a time.It works for her.

Don't shoot me, but I don't think we can do this if we are representing Pampered Chef products. I think we can't charge for classes (although it would be charging for products, technically). I would really check w/ HO before doing this type of class.

As for offering cooking classes that aren't PC related, as in John's post, you may have to have a license (or something along those lines) to do so. I taught a cooking class last summer but it was through the rec department, so the rec department was lible for any accidents, etc.

I know, not much help, but just wanted to let you know that you may have a few hoops to jump through before just offering a class...

I've been to a cooking class where the teacher was a consultant and ex Director, but she didn't advertise it or mention it in her demo. She charged about $35 each. When someone asked about a product, she pointed to me and said ask him. He's with PC. She made 8 X $35 plus she took a few orders after it was over. She also had baskets in a corner with some of the items that we can get on our paperwork order.
A PC show is a cooking class if you demostrate a recipe and let the guest do the work.
Bobby

1. What types of cooking classes are available through Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of cooking classes to suit different needs and preferences. These include in-person classes, virtual classes, and online cooking classes with our experienced consultants. We also have classes specifically for kids and teens, as well as classes that focus on specific cuisines or cooking techniques.

2. How do I sign up for a cooking class with Pampered Chef?

Signing up for a Pampered Chef cooking class is easy! Simply visit our website and browse through the available classes. Once you have found a class that interests you, click on the "Register" button and follow the prompts to complete your registration. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to sign up for a class.

3. Are the cooking classes suitable for beginners?

Absolutely! Our cooking classes are designed to cater to all skill levels, from beginners to experienced cooks. Our consultants are trained to provide clear and easy-to-follow instructions, making our classes perfect for those who are new to cooking or looking to improve their skills.

4. Can I host a cooking class for my friends and family?

Yes, you can! Hosting a cooking class with Pampered Chef is a great way to bring your loved ones together and learn new recipes and cooking techniques. Simply contact your local consultant to schedule a date and time for your class. As a host, you may also receive special discounts and rewards.

5. What should I expect from a cooking class with Pampered Chef?

Our cooking classes are not just about learning new recipes. They are also a fun and interactive experience where you can ask questions, get hands-on experience, and connect with other cooking enthusiasts. Our consultants will guide you through the class, providing tips and tricks along the way. And of course, you get to enjoy delicious food at the end of the class!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish1953
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cwcollins
  • tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Adrian
  • its_me_susan