• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pan vs 12 Skillet: Choosing the Best Pan for Cooking Shows and Bookings

In summary, the Grill Pan would get more use in cooking shows and bookings because it is a unique pan that most people do not have and it is versatile. The skillet does have more options, cakes and pasta, however, the Stainless Lid may not fit the Nonstick Skillet.
ldynred7
I would like to get either the grill pan/press or the 12" skillet but can't decide which one would be best to add to my kitchen to use for cooking shows. Which pan do you think would get more use in cooking shows and bookings? :confused:

I really want to grow my business.

Thanks.

I really love both of these pans...but if it came down to it, I would vote for the 12" skillet. I do a lot of meals at shows that use the 12" Skillett (Skillet Lasagna, Turkey Tetrazzini, Zesty Ravioli, etc - not to mention the skillet cakes).

But, to be honest, before the Chicken Your Way, I had never thought to use the Grill pan at a show. (I use it at home all the time).

Honestly, it's really hard to say. I have success with both.

I do think the grill pan has the upper hand right now. Many people already have a 10" or 12" skillet (of whatever brand) in their home already. The grill pan is a unique one that most don't have and they are
liking to add to their collection. Plus, just like any of our other cookware, it's versatile: panini's, chicken, steak, hot dogs, grilled cheese...etc. Plus,
like Robin House said, a grill pan cooks food totally different from a normal one w/ the "ridges".

I've been using my grill pan/press and sold several. I've not sold any skillets.

Even though I have been doing Chicken Your Way and sold 3 grill pans at my last show, I still think the 12" skillet will do many more recipes. I did get the 12" skillet first for that reason and I used my PC dollars to get the grill pan and press.

I agree the grill pan is AWESOME, I use mine for personal use at least 2ce a week. I haven't done a chicken your way show yet though. I think as far as recipes go the skillet has more options, cakes and pasta, etc. I don't have a skillet pan yet, I just ordered one off of my grand opening and I can't wait!

I want both....sorry that's no help. Went with grilll pan first, then I gotta decide if I want stainless or nonstick for skilletdoes the stainless skillet lid fit the nonstick skillet?

1. What is the difference between a grill pan and a 12" skillet?

A grill pan is designed to mimic the grill marks and flavor of an outdoor grill, while a 12" skillet is a versatile pan used for cooking a variety of dishes. The grill pan typically has ridges on the cooking surface, while a skillet has a smooth surface.

2. Can a grill pan be used on a stovetop?

Yes, most grill pans are designed to be used on a stovetop. However, make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the pan is safe for stovetop use.

3. Is a 12" skillet suitable for grilling meats?

A 12" skillet can be used for grilling meats, but it will not give the same charred grill marks and flavor as a grill pan. It is better suited for sautéing, frying, and making sauces.

4. Which one is easier to clean - a grill pan or a 12" skillet?

Cleaning a grill pan can be more challenging due to the ridges on the cooking surface. A 12" skillet is generally easier to clean since it has a smooth surface. However, both pans can be cleaned with hot water and a gentle scrubbing brush.

5. Can I use a grill pan as a substitute for a 12" skillet?

No, a grill pan is not a suitable substitute for a 12" skillet. The ridges on the grill pan will affect the cooking process and may not provide the desired results for certain dishes. It is best to use the appropriate pan for each cooking method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kristina16marie