• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pan and Press - Cooking Steak

JanisF

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2013
I have a customer who lives in a building where she can't have a BBQ, but loves BBQ steak. She bought the grill pan and press, but so far she finds that the steak tastes more boiled than grilled. Does anyone use their grill pan for steak? Do you use the press, and if you do, do you leave it on for the entire time or just for a minute or two?

She loves using the pan and press for Panini's, she just wants to master her steak. She also loves that the pan is easy to clean, but hates cleaning the press.

Any cooking tips for steak and/or chicken?

jpanzenhagen

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2013
Be sure that the meat is completely dry before adding it to the pan. If it is wet you end up steaming it instead of grilling it.

meganmcg

Mar 26, 2009
I agree with the completely dry. If liquid from the meat starts collecting at the bottom I'll pour it out and return to cooking too.

I've found it easiest to clean both the pan and press while still hot. Can usually get it clean with just a brush then.

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
I have a customer that wants to make sure the grill pan is ok for on a flat stove top. Can anyone answer this?

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
So, I think I found the answer: "Cookware may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil or gas burner range. Do not use on induction cooktops. For gas stoves, flames should not extend beyond the base of the cookware. Always match diameter of cookware to glass top and ceramic cook top burner diameters and position the vessel centrally over the burner. Glasstop and ceramic cooking surfaces should be clean and free of food residue (consult appliance manufacturer’s instruction manual before first use)."

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
Not only should your beef be dry, but at room temperature. Preheat your pan so it will sizzle when you put the steak on it. Also pre-season it and let it sit for 10-15 minutes with the salt or rub on the exterior.

Saveur's idea

Circulon's idea