• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Hosting an Open House Cooking Show with a Host Special?

Since Superbowl won't be too far away, you could theme it and gear it toward that a little...the nachos like someone else suggested, the taco dip, the 30-minute chicken, the brownies could all tie in as foods you would serve for a football party.
PCSarahjm
I have a host that would like to have an open house type cooking show. She wants to prepare a few recipes and have them ready before guests arrive. And have it last around 2 hours. She is booked for January. Anyone done this? Ideas? I want to make a invite for this HIGHLIGHTING the Guest Special.(20% off Stoneware) Any ideas for that? You guys are so great and thanks for all of the tips!

NO Ideas????

An open house is a great idea before the holidays, but why does she want one after the holidays? I'm not sure I would do it b/c I'm usually only doing a 1 hour show and the time involved before and after with what it sounds like she wants takes away from my family time. Just my personal opinion.

Having said that...I personally would set a "demo time" (and put it on the invite) so you can talk about stones, cookware, knives, etc and do quick demos using a potato or zucchini for knives and ultimate mandolin.
Set some boundaries like are you going to be set up for the entire 2 hours, or leaving at 2 hours? Is she going to follow up with everyone like she should for a regular show or just hope they come in that time frame?
Also, remind her people tend to like to gather together and enjoy each others company - a live cooking show provides entertainment and that opportunity to mingle...who knows the host and guests may learn something!

I have found that setting a start time for an "Express Show" (not Open House) with no end time works best!

ie...
Jill's Express Show starts at 6:29 PM January 3rd at her home!
Come and taste the goodies! Take your time to shop and visit!

Check out this Month's Special!
Save 20% on our Stoneware! Find just the right pieces for you!
A Consultant will be on hand to prevent "Stoneware-phobia"!

The food will be prepared in advance, so we need to have your RSVP!
Please let Jill know whether you Can or Can Not attend at 888-555-4444!

You may want to have the "Prevent Stoneware-Phobia" or Stoneware Facts available for the guests too!

VeronicaW said:
I have found that setting a start time for an "Express Show" (not Open House) with no end time works best!

ie...
Jill's Express Show starts at 6:29 PM January 3rd at her home!
Come and taste the goodies! Take your time to shop and visit!

Check out this Month's Special!
Save 20% on our Stoneware! Find just the right pieces for you!
A Consultant will be on hand to prevent "Stoneware-phobia"!

The food will be prepared in advance, so we need to have your RSVP!
Please let Jill know whether you Can or Can Not attend at 888-555-4444!

You may want to have the "Prevent Stoneware-Phobia" or Stoneware Facts available for the guests too!

I like the EXPRESS SHOW idea! So do you a little demo or no demo at all?

I would do the 30 min chicken in the DDCB for stoneware sale. You'll sell a lot of bakers that way, and they will have a quick easy meal on a work night!

PCSarahjm said:
I like the EXPRESS SHOW idea! So do you a little demo or no demo at all?

Well, if she wants the food already prepared, you can have a small demo set-up for finishing touches or sides.

vwpamperedchef said:
I would do the 30 min chicken in the DDCB for stoneware sale. You'll sell a lot of bakers that way, and they will have a quick easy meal on a work night!

I 2nd this! Put the chicken in so that it comes out of the microwave after everyone is there.......then have the host do brownies in a bar pan, and have touchdown taco dip in the deep dish baker.

You could also do the Jerk Chicken Nachos on the new round stone with handles. That recipe seems to be very popular with the shows I have been doing.

I've always liked the Touchdown Taco Dip in the Deep Dish Baker. And it looks so pretty!

Superbowl...Since Superbowl won't be too far away, you could theme it and gear it toward that a little...the nachos like someone else suggested, the taco dip, the 30-minute chicken, the brownies could all tie in as foods you would serve for a football party. My favorite thing that I've been using as a demo is the all-American cheeseburger ring. That bakes on a round stone, so that would help with the stoneware, too. Good luck!!!

1. How do I book a Pampered Chef party?

Booking a Pampered Chef party is easy! You can either contact your consultant directly or visit our website to find a consultant near you. Simply schedule a date and time that works for you and your consultant will take care of the rest.

2. Can I earn free products by hosting a party?

Absolutely! As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you'll receive. Plus, you'll also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only items at a discounted price.

3. How many guests do I need to have at my party?

We recommend having at least 10 guests at your party to make it a successful and fun event. However, we understand that schedules can be busy, so as long as you have a minimum of 6 guests, we can still have a great time together.

4. Can I customize the menu for my party?

Yes, you can! Your consultant will work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary needs. We offer a variety of recipes and products to choose from, so you can create a menu that you and your guests will love.

5. What happens if I need to reschedule my party?

If you need to reschedule your party for any reason, simply contact your consultant as soon as possible. They will work with you to find a new date and time that works for both of you. We understand that life happens and we want to make sure your party is stress-free and enjoyable!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • lisasfuncooking