• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening/Open House Idea Help!!

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's decision to start their business now instead of waiting until January. They have two potential shows lined up and are getting the word out through email, flyers, and phone calls. They are seeking advice on how to make their grand opening/open house a success, including ideas for decorations, door prizes, and games. Other participants in the conversation offer tips and suggestions, and the speaker expresses their excitement and determination to make their business successful.
ChefJoyJ
Hi everyone!! I think I have decided that instead of waiting until January to start my business, I'm going to start now. I have 2 potential shows lined up, a potential catalog show (ie my entire family at Thanksgiving and my Mom's work - great supporters), and my grand opening/open house. Of course, I want to firm up at least 2 of the shows before purchasing my kit, b/c I want my first 30 days to be successful (and b/c of the holidays, I only have until the 13th). I'm getting the word out through email, flyers, and phone calls about my business. If they aren't open to hosting a show in Dec, I'm talking up Jan. :)

So anyway...please, please, please give me ideas/tips/pointers to help my grand opening/open house be a success! What did or do you do to make your's successful? I'm leaning towards Nov. 30, Dec.1 or 2 (Fri/Sat/Sun). In your experience, which one is better? What time? 10-1, 1-4, or something else?? My director suggested an open house and I told her I wanted to do a demo (practice), so she suggested to put on the flyer - the time as 1-4, with a demo from 2-2:30 . That way, people can come and go as they please, plus I get the practice with the demo and they can see the products.

What all should I have out? I don't have a lot of product, b/c I'm just starting, but I can decorate/set up the heck out of what I do have! :D Several tables with different products?? Station with info on hosting and/or current and future host specials? What kind of door prizes should I give out and what kind of games should I play? Decoration/set up tips?

I just recently (as of yesterday), decided to really pursue hard starting my business now and just decided this morning to host an open house that weekend. Any help you can give this newbie seeking flight would be more than appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!! :)

Joy, What a great way to start your business, and you will have great memories of how your business started. I had a Holiday Bazaar at my home last Saturday,and there were 2 things my guests really enjoyed 1) I had gift samples already made, ot show them gift ideas, (I had the stainless steel whisk, filled with hershey's kisses wrapped in red and greeen foil, witha gift card that said "Whisking you a Merry Kiss-mas", I had the small batter bowl with the celebration cookie mix in it, the small caddy, with white bowls, filled with kisses, and a card on it that said "Merry Kiss-mas", and also a pretzel wreath made, and displayed on simple additions plates. The 2nd thing is before each guest left, they made their own pretzel wreath to take home, and they loved doing that, and I sold many coating trays just beause of that.

Let me start by saying that you are on fire! I am so excited for you and can definitely tell you are. That is great!

I am hosting my Open House on Friday, Nov. 30th from 2:00p to 8:00p. Guests can come & go at any time. I am planning to do the pretzel wreaths & maybe the festive bark for guests to take home. I am focusing on gift giving with tons of gift sets & ideas. I am making the food ahead of time & displaying the Simple Additions (of course, I have almost all of them, no kidding!) I will be offering recipes & entertaining tips for the holidays (and year round) I have the holiday mini catalog & regular size catalogs available. Recipe cards are good to let the guests take with them. I also offer a free drawing. You can give away some of the host benefits from that show. Encourage everyone to bring a friend. Make sure you know your next available cooking show dates & try to get them booked.

I'm sure you will do great. It sounds like you have it all together. Good Luck!

stacywhitlow said:
Let me start by saying that you are on fire! I am so excited for you and can definitely tell you are. That is great!

Thank you! I have to start strong - partly b/c it will just motivate me, but mostly b/c I made a deal with my husband to give me until summer. If I'm not doing well by summer, then I will go back to teaching...but I really want to stay home with my daughter! :)

You have some really great ideas - don't be surprised to see me asking you some more questions! Sounds like a great open house! The time frame sounds good too - 2-8...except my DD is 9 months, her bedroom is on the main level (not such a big deal, b/c of white noise), and I will need to nurse her twice during that time frame. Well, I guess we could pull out of my freezer stash for after her one of those meals, but not both. B/c of her stomach issues (that are now resolved - thank goodness!), and the weight she'd lost before her surgery, we're still trying to pack on the weight - I guess you could say we're still chasing the growth curve. :rolleyes: Right now she's the average weight of a 5 month old...but she's healthy and happy - which is such a blessing. :) So, any suggestions? Maybe shorten the hours so that only one meal falls during the open house (which can come from the freezer stash) or just slip away for a few minutes b/c most mommies will understand (only 5-7 minutes) and leave hubby to cover for those few, short minutes? I'd love to have DH take her out during the open house, but any time will fall during a nap time, unless I start it after 5 (say 5-8). I just thought more people would be inclined to come during the day.

Most everyone I know (and even their friends b/c of prayer requests) know about Emily and her surgery and subsequent needs, but I hate to leave, even for 5-7 minutes (which is all it takes).

I read about recipe cards a lot on here - what exactly are they (recipes you printed on index cards?) and where do you get them?

Thanks again!

You can order the recipe cards through PP3 on the supply order.

What is the purpose of a grand opening or open house?

The purpose of a grand opening or open house is to introduce a new business or product to the community and attract potential customers. It is also a way to create excitement and generate buzz for the brand.

How can I promote my grand opening or open house?

Some ways to promote your grand opening or open house include social media marketing, sending out invitations to potential customers, creating flyers or posters to hang in the community, and partnering with local businesses or organizations for cross-promotion.

What types of activities or events can I have at my grand opening or open house?

You can have cooking demonstrations, product samples, raffles or giveaways, interactive games, and even live music or entertainment. These activities can help engage guests and create a memorable experience for them.

How can I make my grand opening or open house stand out?

To make your grand opening or open house stand out, you can offer exclusive discounts or promotions, have a themed event, collaborate with influencers or local celebrities, and provide freebies or goodie bags for attendees.

What are some tips for a successful grand opening or open house?

Some tips for a successful grand opening or open house include planning ahead and promoting the event, providing excellent customer service, offering special deals or promotions, and following up with attendees after the event. It is also important to have a well-organized and visually appealing set-up to showcase your products or services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• passiontecooking.t
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
passiontecooking.t
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheFreddiesCook
  • JennyJennJen